Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeReport: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall

Go down 
+2
Wallace108
IowaSteeler927
6 posters
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall Empty
PostSubject: Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall   Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 1:14 am

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/04/report-browns-expected-to-take-josh-allen-1-overall/

As I am a big fan of Allen's, I sincerely hope this doesn't happen. The kid is raw, he needs to work on his footwork and mechanics. He's got a cannon for an arm, and he's deceptively athletic. That being said, I think the best situation for him would be on a team with a franchise quarterback that's in place already. One that he can sit back for a season, or two, or three and just learn how to play the game as a professional. Somewhere like Los Angeles (Chargers), New Orleans, New York (Giants), or Pittsburgh.

Having him sit behind Tyrod Taylor in Cleveland I think would be a disservice to this young man, that's not to say that I don't think it's possible for him to be successful in Cleveland, I just don't see it as the best situation for a kid that's pretty raw coming out of college.

If I am the Browns GM, the smartest move would be drafting Saquon Barkley 1st Overall. I think that kids going to be a stud, with the 4th Overall Pick I think they should then worry about a QB. This draft class is quite deep, and I'd have to think that Darnold or Rosen could still possibly be on the board at #4. If not Darnold or Rosen, then you could still get Allen at #4, and there's still guys like Mayfield, and Rudolph in a draft that appears (on paper) to be very deep at the QB position.

I just don't see how the Browns could pass up Barkley. Their primary focus should be RB, QB, and OT in that order. Another factor I'm considering if I am the Browns GM, is that I don't want to throw another rookie QB into the fire. I mean look at Deshone Kizer. I hope that kid revives his career, but he was asked to do the impossible in Cleveland, and they treated him like dogshit putting him on the QB merry-go-round last season. I'm happy he got out of there, and will get a fresh start somewhere else. The Kizer situation is precisely why the Browns need a playmaker in their backfield. They need to try and have a modicum of success this season with Taylor under center. We all know they'll be drafting a QB of the future, and they need to try and keep whatever rookie QB they draft on the bench and learning, instead of throwing that QB into the fire like they did with Kizer. I think the Browns can have success if they have a RB that can make plays, if Josh Gordon can stay out of trouble then they've got a playmaker at receiver, and if they can shore up the hole on their offensive line left by the loss of Joe Thomas... well they won't look so bad, at least on paper.

All of that being said, I kind of hope Cleveland keeps being Cleveland and does something utterly stupid for our entertainment. Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall 1797695198

Last edited by IowaSteeler927 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall   Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 10:56 am

The Browns would have taken Leaf over Manning. No matter who they take, I'm fairly confident he will be this draft's Ryan Leaf. Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall   Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall EmptySat Apr 14, 2018 12:15 am

Wallace108 wrote:
The Browns would have taken Leaf over Manning. No matter who they take, I'm fairly confident he will be this draft's Ryan Leaf. Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall 1797695198

ESPN article, where will this year's pick rank? It was hard for me to see much difference between #28 and #1-2 Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall 2981382511

Ranking the Browns' 28 QBs since 1999 from worst to first

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23139554/ranking-browns-28-qbs-1999-worst-first
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall   Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall EmptySat Apr 14, 2018 1:06 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

ESPN article, where will this year's pick rank? It was hard for me to see much difference between #28 and #1-2 Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall 2981382511

Ranking the Browns' 28 QBs since 1999 from worst to first

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23139554/ranking-browns-28-qbs-1999-worst-first

That was an interesting article. A lot of "he looked good, until he played the Steelers" in there.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall   Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 4:04 pm

i agree with Iowa. with clevelands track record of developing a qb , 100% failure rate. josh allen would be the worst of bunch to draft. the kid obviously needs a shit load of coaching , and we all know he most likely will be thrown to the wolves before the end of the season. plus tyrod taylor is hardly the guy you want mentoring a young QB, who's game will look nothing like taylors style of play.
they need to take the most NFL ready QB , which the consensus is josh allen.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall   Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 7:30 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i agree with Iowa. with clevelands track record of developing a qb , 100% failure rate. josh allen would be the worst of bunch to draft. the kid obviously needs a shit load of coaching , and we all know he most likely will be thrown to the wolves before the end of the season. plus tyrod taylor is hardly the guy you want mentoring a young QB, who's game will look nothing like taylors style of play.
they need to take the most NFL ready QB , which the consensus is josh allen.

I think Allen and Jackson are two prospects that will definitely need to sit a season or two and work on their mechanics, and knowledge of the playbook. Allen is more pro-ready than Jackson IMO, but for any team to draft these guys high, and then throw them in as a starter at any point, that would be doing these guys a disservice. Cleveland should definitely draft either Darnold or Rosen, those are guys that should come in and compete with Tyrod Taylor for the starting job as they are more polished, and pro-ready than guys like Jackson, or Allen. I think if you're wanting to draft Mayfield, Rudolph, Allen, or Jackson then you need to bench them for a season or two and let them learn. All of those guys are talented but all of them played in systems that were very QB friendly, and in conferences where the defenses aren't exactly what those conferences are known for.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall   Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 10:06 am

I agree that Allen needs a couple of years to watch, learn and work on his mechanics behind an old franchise QB. The Browns definately would be the wrong place for him.

If it was up to me I would draft Darnold at 1 and hope that Barkley is still available at 4, which he probably is. The Jets are certainly taking a QB at 3 and the Giants may take Rosen at 2 or trade down for another team (the Bills?) taking a QB. The Browns can't take the risk that both Darnold and Rosen are gone at 2 and 3 imo. But knowing the Browns they probably take Allen at 1 and Barkley is then picked by the Giants.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall   Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall Empty

Back to top Go down

Report: Browns expected to take Josh Allen 1st Overall
Page 1 of 1