Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBell not expected to report - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bell not expected to report

Go down 
+14
Stella Nation
SteelerFreak58
jak341
vasteeler
stlrtruck
JPPT1974
effyou515
Wallace108
Mach1
LambertWardSteel
solardave
Shalieve5090
IowaSteeler927
Great Randino
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Bell not expected to report - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 4:15 pm

Team is better without him because of his attitude. Teams win with TEAM players, not prima donnas.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000986242/article/steelers-dont-expect-leveon-bell-to-play-in-2018
They're saying now that there's a loophole. He can bypass the second tag and if we tag him again it'll be at the QB level around 25 mil.
I just wish someone on one of these networks would spell out all the possibilities. For instance:

What kind of tag can we place on him?
What are the terms of any tag we'd place on him like Non-exclusive, Transition, etc.
I still hold out hope that we can get something for him like a descent pick.

Connor is in concussion protocol right now and I hope he can play in Jags land next week.
If he can't go all we have is Ridley or Samuels. A huge drop off.

When I heard that sitting out the intire season wasn't going to hurt him except for the money he loses, I already guessed he wasn't coming back. It would be awesome if we won the SB this season and that he wouldn't return. A missed SB probably would hurt him more than missing the money.

Steelers have 5 options:

- Doing nothing and letting him hit FA and closing a longterm deal with him. Highly unlikely.
- Doing nothing and letting him hit FA where he signs a longterm deal with another team. Depending on his contract and production on the field Steelers get at best a compensatory 3rd round pick. One of the two most likely options.
- Franchise tag him again for around $25M. If they do this I will eat my cap, my shirt and my shoes. Most unlikely.
- Transition tag him and matching the best offer another team makes. Bell stays a Steeler. Depending on the offer that's a possibility, but I think that won't happen.
-Transition tag him and not matching the best offer. Bell signs for the team with the highest offer. Steelers get a pick for the round they put the tag on, can be 1st or 2nd round. The higher the round the higher the money a team needs to pay Bell. Also a likely option.

At this point, this is the best answer. Maybe we can find the next AB or something.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 7:47 pm

Good, I will be happy should he choose to sit out the rest of the year. The team is better without him.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 5:03 am

nine vegetable wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000986242/article/steelers-dont-expect-leveon-bell-to-play-in-2018
They're saying now that there's a loophole. He can bypass the second tag and if we tag him again it'll be at the QB level around 25 mil.
I just wish someone on one of these networks would spell out all the possibilities. For instance:

What are the terms of any tag we'd place on him like Non-exclusive, Transition, etc.

Connor is in concussion protocol right now and I hope he can play in Jags land next week.

When I heard that sitting out the intire season wasn't going to hurt him except for the money he loses, I already guessed he wasn't coming back. It would be awesome if we won the SB this season and that he wouldn't return. A missed SB probably would hurt him more than missing the money.

Steelers have 5 options:

- Doing nothing and letting him hit FA and closing a longterm deal with him. Highly unlikely.
- Doing nothing and letting him hit FA where he signs a longterm deal with another team. Depending on his contract and production on the field Steelers get at best a compensatory 3rd round pick. One of the two most likely options.
- Franchise tag him again for around $25M. If they do this I will eat my cap, my shirt and my shoes. Most unlikely.
- Transition tag him and matching the best offer another team makes. Bell stays a Steeler. Depending on the offer that's a possibility, but I think that won't happen.
-Transition tag him and not matching the best offer. Bell signs for the team with the highest offer. Steelers get a pick for the round they put the tag on, can be 1st or 2nd round. The higher the round the higher the money a team needs to pay Bell. Also a likely option.

Do you know how much it would cost to transition tag him for a 2nd round?  I think 1st round is unrealistic.  2nd round might be too.

Of course they might just decide to never deal with him again.  Don't offer him anything, let him walk, if you get something out of him signing, great, at least you are rid of a big headache.

No idea, a team can offer what they want of course. They probably are more willing to give up a second rounder than a first rounder for Bell. Also, probably a risk for the team that makes an offer that Bell will hold out if it's not high enough.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 5:03 am

jak341 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:

Steelers have 5 options:

At this point, this is the best answer. Maybe we can find the next AB or something.

This is what I would do too. No more drama.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 5:16 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:

Steelers have 5 options:

actually thats not true. you're confusing restricted free agents. bell is not a restricted free agent.
restricted free agent - 3 years of accrued seasons (6 games a season)
unrestricted free agent - 4 or more years.

Quote :
If another club offers a contract to a transitioned player, his original club has seven days to decide whether to match that offer or not. If the original club agrees to match, the player is forced to sign with the original club at the terms agreed to in the offer by the other club. If the original club declines to match, the player signs with the other team, and the original team is offered no compensation, as they would be if the player had received the franchise tag.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transition_tag

Quote :
What makes a restricted free agent different?

Unlike an unrestricted free agent who can either re-sign with their current team or test the open market and go elsewhere, restricted free agents are tied down unless a team allows them to become an unrestricted free agent.

Teams have four different tender options they can place on their restricted free agent that usually keeps those players from leaving.

First-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal and will receive a first-round selection if it opts not to match the deal.
   Second-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal and will receive a second-round selection if it opts not to match the deal.
   Original-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal and will receive a selection equal to the round the player was originally selected in if it opts not to match the deal.
   Right of first refusal: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal. The team will not receive any compensation if it opts not to match another deal.
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/3/8/14834554/nfl-restricted-free-agents-rules-tender-amounts
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 6:29 am

Today's theme song..

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 11:14 am

Lokki wrote:
Today's theme song..

Adding to the playlist ...

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 12:56 pm

Countdown to Steelers being rid of Bell (today's deadline)....

Is it 2, or 4? I want to know when to start the party.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 1:33 pm

nine vegetable wrote:

Is it 2, or 4?  I want to know when to start the party.

4 ... but I think it's safe to start the music and crack open a beer now.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 1:41 pm

Consider it done!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 1:41 pm

nine vegetable wrote:

Is it 2, or 4?  I want to know when to start the party.

Don't forget the appetizers Bell not expected to report - Page 4 2893009358

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Bell not expected to report - Page 4 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 1:59 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Lokki wrote:

Adding to the playlist ...

lol   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 2573146105

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 3:56 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:

Steelers have 5 options:

actually thats not true. you're confusing restricted free agents. bell is not a restricted free agent.
restricted free agent - 3 years of accrued seasons (6 games a season)
unrestricted free agent - 4 or more years.

Quote :
If another club offers a contract to a transitioned player, his original club has seven days to decide whether to match that offer or not. If the original club agrees to match, the player is forced to sign with the original club at the terms agreed to in the offer by the other club. If the original club declines to match, the player signs with the other team, and the original team is offered no compensation, as they would be if the player had received the franchise tag.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transition_tag

Quote :
What makes a restricted free agent different?

Unlike an unrestricted free agent who can either re-sign with their current team or test the open market and go elsewhere, restricted free agents are tied down unless a team allows them to become an unrestricted free agent.

Teams have four different tender options they can place on their restricted free agent that usually keeps those players from leaving.

First-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal and will receive a first-round selection if it opts not to match the deal.
   Second-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal and will receive a second-round selection if it opts not to match the deal.
   Original-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal and will receive a selection equal to the round the player was originally selected in if it opts not to match the deal.
   Right of first refusal: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal. The team will not receive any compensation if it opts not to match another deal.
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/3/8/14834554/nfl-restricted-free-agents-rules-tender-amounts

Thanks for the explanation, I didn't know there was a different rule for restricted and unrestricted FA's regarding the transition tag. Then they have only one valid option left, just let him walk.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 4:33 pm

The leaves are blowing around my backyard, it's going to snow Thursday, a local newspaper costs 75 cents, and, oh yeah....Bell doesn't report

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 4:34 pm

He's done as a Steeler. They will never even attempt to negotiate with him again.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 9:19 pm

Well, the one upside in this: deep discounts on Bell jerseys.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 11:11 pm

jak341 wrote:

I currently have 3 jerseys that I bought ... Ben, Ward, and Bettis. All bought toward the end of their careers. My son bought me a Heyward jersey for Christmas 2 years ago. Next one I buy will be either Mean Joe or Lambert. As you can tell, I'm cheap and I like to get more than a few years out of a jersey.

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 11:53 pm

You know what would happen if you bought a Bell jersey....

You'd get a few good years out of it, then one day it would disappear.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 2:45 am

Wallace108 wrote:
jak341 wrote:

I currently have 3 jerseys that I bought ... Ben, Ward, and Bettis. All bought toward the end of their careers. My son bought me a Heyward jersey for Christmas 2 years ago. Next one I buy will be either Mean Joe or Lambert. As you can tell, I'm cheap and I like to get more than a few years out of a jersey.

the reason I just buy t-shirts with the Steelers logo because the pieces parts are inter changeable. Bell not expected to report - Page 4 469886443

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 4:03 am

nine vegetable wrote:

Now that's funny. Or maybe they'd notify you that they want more money for the shirt and if you don't pay up it'll go to the cousin you don't like because he's a Patriots* fan. Bell not expected to report - Page 4 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 10:11 am

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 11:49 am

I always want a Steelers Super Bowl win, this year I'd like one a little more just to mess with Bell.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 12:36 pm

Good luck with whatever sucky franchise signs you to the lucrative unrealistic contract you're expecting.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Bell not expected to report - Page 4 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 1:37 pm

solardave wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:

Now that's funny. Or maybe they'd notify you that they want more money for the shirt and if you don't pay up it'll go to the cousin you don't like because he's a Patriots** fan. Bell not expected to report - Page 4 1797695198
Bell not expected to report - Page 4 1647293567
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bell not expected to report
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next