Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWeek 9 Ravens vs Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers

Go down 
+4
effyou515
stlrtruck
solardave
Stella Nation
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 6:21 am

Must game win... for the Ravens. Who would have thought that after our week 4 loss against them. If they lose they are 1-3 in the division, 4-5 overal and their season is basically over. So, time to put them away and bury them deep!

It probably will be a close game as often. We have the momentum, they have home field advantage. We will win the nailbiter though, 27-28.

Some interesting stats I saw about Ben. This are his stats since last season:
Home: 308/477, 315,09 yards/game, 7,27 yards/attempt, 64,57% completions, 24 TD, 11 INT, 7-4 record Away: 246/386, 281,09 yards/game, 8,01 yards/attempt, 63,73% completions, 17 TD, 10 INT, 9-1-1 record (only loss in Chicago in OT)

Shocking to see that since last year he's as good on the road as at home and that the Steelers clearly have a better record on the road.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 7:41 am

This game will be won or lost at the line of scrimmage. Our O line must keep Ben up-rite and open holes for Connor. WRs must fight for receptions and Connor must run angry like he has been doing.

The D line has to be in Flacco's face all damn day. Stop the run on the way to the QB.The secondary has to keep everything in front of them and make the play when an INT presents itself. Force turnovers.

If we do all these things I believe we win by 3.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 7:43 am

Oh yeah. KICK THE BALL OFF DEEP!!!! Our coverage on STs is too spotty lately.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 9:13 am

This is a revenge game. After tying the ratbirds at halftime only to allow them to become victorious in the 2nd half was ridiculous.

This isn't the same Steelers team as it was a few weeks ago. Ratbirds are the same team and they're due for another solid beat down. I think this game is close at half time, but not at the end.

Steelers run away in the 4th.

34-13

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 12:55 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
This is a revenge game.  After tying the ratbirds at halftime only to allow them to become victorious in the 2nd half was ridiculous.

This isn't the same Steelers team as it was a few weeks ago.  Ratbirds are the same team and they're due for another solid beat down.  I think this game is close at half time, but not at the end.

34-13

seems the Steelers start games like they don't have a clue whats going on until well into the 2nd quarter.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 7:45 am

effyou515 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
This is a revenge game.  After tying the ratbirds at halftime only to allow them to become victorious in the 2nd half was ridiculous.

This isn't the same Steelers team as it was a few weeks ago.  Ratbirds are the same team and they're due for another solid beat down.  I think this game is close at half time, but not at the end.

34-13

seems the Steelers start games like they don't have a clue whats going on until well into the 2nd quarter.

Somewhere, somehow, that has to change and I'd really like it to change this Sunday. There really isn't a reason for it.

What I'd really like to start the game with is a defensive TD, then a punt return for a TD, and then watch Conner run off a nice 45+ yard TD before Ben even has to throw a pass.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 11:23 am

stlrtruck wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

34-13

Somewhere, somehow, that has to change and I'd really like it to change this Sunday.  There really isn't a reason for it.

What I'd really like to start the game with is a defensive TD, then a punt return for a TD, and then watch Conner run off a nice 45+ yard TD before Ben even has to throw a pass.

Will there be unicorns? Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers 1797695198 I'll settle for us getting out in front and staying there.I'd also like for the game to be less stressful than in the past. By that I mean we win by a large margin.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 7:39 pm

solardave wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

34-13

Somewhere, somehow, that has to change and I'd really like it to change this Sunday.  There really isn't a reason for it.

Will there be unicorns? Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers 1797695198 I'll settle for us getting out in front and staying there.I'd also like for the game to be less stressful than in the past. By that I mean we win by a large margin.

Steelers blitzes are working statue like Flappo not happy, Conner being the grinder and opening up the passing game. Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers 1557163439

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 8:11 pm

Steelers no longer seeing red when driving inside opposing 20

The Steelers rank No. 2 in red-zone touchdown percentage, finding the end zone on 15 of 20 trips through seven games – a 75 percent success rate. Only the Cincinnati Bengals, at nearly 77 percent, have done better.

In 2017, the last year under former offensive coordinator Todd Haley, the Steelers were No. 18 in red-zone touchdown percentage, converting at a 53 percent clip.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14238574-74/steelers-no-longer-seeing-red-when-driving-inside-opposing-20

7 games into the season the Steelers offense, already is so much better then last years offense and they are minus one Pro Bowl RB. Rest of the offense is basically same from last year.

Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers 2703003593 got to give Fichtner a big thumps up so far this season, doing in half a season what Haley was trying to do in the last 6 season.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 10:59 pm

Both of Ravens starting OTs out for Week 9

Stanley is dealing with an ankle issue while Hurst will miss his second consecutive game with a back injury. . Backup left tackle Jermaine Eluemunor will presumably make his first career start, with Orlando Brown Jr. making his third career start

http://theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/73284/Both-of-Ravens-starting-OTs-out-for-Week-9

looks like steelers blitz defense will be licking their shops with this news.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 1:36 am

effyou515 wrote:
Both of Ravens starting OTs out for Week 9

Stanley is dealing with an ankle issue while Hurst will miss his second consecutive game with a back injury.  . Backup left tackle Jermaine Eluemunor will presumably make his first career start, with Orlando Brown Jr. making his third career start

http://theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/73284/Both-of-Ravens-starting-OTs-out-for-Week-9

looks like steelers blitz defense will be licking their shops with this news.

TJ Watt and Bud Dupree better be licking their chops right now. With both of the starters out these guys had better come out and produce. If you get stonewalled by the starters, I get it, but the backups? Better be out there whooping their asses.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 1:00 pm

Prediction, Steelers over Ravens today. Running game takes off (I know DB's banged up so expect passing but I think Conner will shine).
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 1:34 pm

Conner is that damn good.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 1:41 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Conner is that damn good.
Agreed!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 1:47 pm

This game has a different feel than the last match up. Right now we look confident on both sides of the ball and Connor is a beast.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 1:55 pm

Ben's got to get some touch on the dump offs. He fired that one to McDonald and under threw Connor on the other one.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 1:59 pm

56 yards for Conner, steelers score a td in the redzone Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers 1647293567

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 2:07 pm

kept the ravens out of the endzone 14 - 6

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 2:08 pm

We'll give them FGs all day long if they're willing to give us TDs
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 2:33 pm

A good half but really shaky end of the half. Was glad to get it to halftime.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 2:36 pm

We need a TD to open the 3rd. We were getting pressure on Flacco until we stopped. DuPree should be eating their LT's lunch.

AV so far has been manhandling Suggs. Hope he keeps it up.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 2:45 pm

Someone other than Conner needs to step up and make some plays.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 2:56 pm

I love drives like that! 8:14 resulting in a TD!
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 3:00 pm

Another Boz miss wide right.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 3:00 pm

what a 7:30 minute drive for a td now thats old school steelers offensive drive being done, just a little different way.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers   Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Week 9 Ravens vs Steelers
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next