Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAntonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early

Go down 
+20
vasteeler
Shalieve5090
SteelCity4Life
JPPT1974
kirklandrules
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelerFreak58
Drizztbob
stlrtruck
Gingerchip
Stella Nation
solardave
Lokki
effyou515
jak341
IowaSteeler927
Great Randino
Mach1
Wallace108
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 8:06 am

jak341 wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
Good article from Joe Starkey on Rooney's comments.

Joe Starkey: Steelers leaders have a clear choice -- the team or Antonio Brown
[...] Here’s the other key: JuJu’s social-media game is every bit as “lit” as A.B.’s, and if you don’t think that’s applicable here, I’ve got an Instagram workout video to show you. [...]

That is extremely concerning as well. Steelers need to nip JuJu in the bud with this, or he will head down the same path as AB.

I don't think so. JuJu, from what I've seen, tends to use social media as something to alleviate the stress of life and impact fan's. I think it's a good thing for him, the fans, and the team because he's not spotlighting himself, he's really engaging the city and the fans.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 8:07 am

Lokki wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

What I do know is this. If AB really does get traded, and has really put himself ahead of the team in this way I'm going to be severely disappointed. He's been one of my favorite players. I bought his color rush jersey prior to the Week 2 Vikings game in 2017. That jersey is going to be a liner for my cat's freaking litter box if he ends up on another roster.

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 Giphy

I hear you.  I bought his throwback jersey a couple of years ago and it has been one of my favorites to wear on game day, ever since.  Now, I wish there was a program that I could trade it in for a different one.  :(   I still want to get a color rush Shazier jersey.  

I love my color rush Shazzy. Wear that one quite a bit actually.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 10:18 am

AB will be going no where. There are two months of cool down time and the Steelers are on the hook for way too much money. He will talk to Art, Tomlin, and Ben and smooth things over and the organization will move “forward”. The rest of the locker room will have to eat it and regurgitate the company line wether they like it or not. And the fans will howl and scream about it we will gnash our teeth and complain mightily about the loss of values in the organization but once camp rolls around we will be hooked back once again into paying for the ride that is the love for the Pittsburgh Steelers roller coaster ride and loving/hating every minute of it...
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 10:55 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
sorry but brown has crossed the line too many times. his temper tantrums and it's all about me attitude needs to go infect a different locker room.
with that said, after reading many brown / trade articles , i've lowered my expectations of his trade value. his age,31, his personality and antics red flags, and his contact, are all things other teams will be considering, when thinking about a trade.
to think the niners or jets are going to give up the 2nd or 3rd pick of the draft may is not  realistic.  peter king in an article suggested maybe a 2nd or even a 3rd would be more his value for the niners.
with that said, i was thinking they could possibly trade the 20th pick and brown for a 2nd or 3rd pick might be more realistic.

His contract is very favourable for a team that wants to trade for him. Steelers will pay the dead cap $21.1M, while they only have to pay the yearly cash: 15.1 (12.6 if traded after March 18th), 11.3 and 12.5M. That's extremely cheap for a WR with his qualities. 3 years is also ideal as he will be 34 at the end of his contract. 49ers or Jets will pay that price with a big smile, even with all his antics. Steelers will get pick#2 or #3 I believe.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/antonio-brown-6702/

i hope you're right ... but if you look at the price teams have paid to move up into the top 3 , you're looking at a trade value of multiple high picks. Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 2087824411

The reason I believe the Jets and 49ers will go all in for AB is that they both need playmakers on offense and certainly at WR. Darnold has no one to throw to and the 49ers only have TE Kittle. This year's draft is loaded with defensive playmakers, but there isn't a single WR, RB or TE worth of a top 10 pick. Also in FA there aren't any elite WR's on the market. The best available is Golden Tate if he isn't resigned. That's why AB will be hot and teams needing a WR will be all over him this off-season. That's my guess of course.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 11:47 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
sorry but brown has crossed the line too many times. his temper tantrums and it's all about me attitude needs to go infect a different locker room.
with that said, after reading many brown / trade articles , i've lowered my expectations of his trade value. his age,31, his personality and antics red flags, and his contact, are all things other teams will be considering, when thinking about a trade.
to think the niners or jets are going to give up the 2nd or 3rd pick of the draft may is not  realistic.  peter king in an article suggested maybe a 2nd or even a 3rd would be more his value for the niners.
with that said, i was thinking they could possibly trade the 20th pick and brown for a 2nd or 3rd pick might be more realistic.

His contract is very favourable for a team that wants to trade for him. Steelers will pay the dead cap $21.1M, while they only have to pay the yearly cash: 15.1 (12.6 if traded after March 18th), 11.3 and 12.5M. That's extremely cheap for a WR with his qualities. 3 years is also ideal as he will be 34 at the end of his contract. 49ers or Jets will pay that price with a big smile, even with all his antics. Steelers will get pick#2 or #3 I believe.

i hope you're right ... but if you look at the price teams have paid to move up into the top 3 , you're looking at a trade value of multiple high picks. Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 2087824411

The reason I believe the Jets and 49ers will go all in for AB is that they both need playmakers on offense and certainly at WR. Darnold has no one to throw to and the 49ers only have TE Kittle. This year's draft is loaded with defensive playmakers, but there isn't a single WR, RB or TE worth of a top 10 pick. Also in FA there aren't any elite WR's on the market. The best available is Golden Tate if he isn't resigned. That's why AB will be hot and teams needing a WR will be all over him this off-season. That's my guess of course.

the odell beckham trade rumors are still out there. his value would be higher than browns because of age alone.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 5:35 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

the odell beckham trade rumors are still out there. his value would be higher than browns because of age alone.

True. But that's the only advantage he has. To start with, the Giants don't really want to trade him and certainly not to the Jets. He also has some off-field issues, he already had his fair share of injuries and he's set to earn 70M the next 4 years of which 40M is guaranteed compared to AB's contract of 39M with no guaranteed money left. Most important thing is that AB is really on the market and Beckham is probably going nowhere.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 6:21 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
AB will be going no where. There are two months of cool down time and the Steelers are on the hook for way too much money. He will talk to Art, Tomlin, and Ben and smooth things over and the organization will move “forward”. The rest of the locker room will have to eat it and regurgitate the company line wether they like it or not. And the fans will howl and scream about it we will gnash our teeth and complain mightily about the loss of values in the organization but once camp rolls around we will be hooked back once again into paying for the ride that is the love for the Pittsburgh Steelers roller coaster ride and loving/hating every minute of it...

I really thought this way prior to Rooney's comments . It happened last game of the year, they didn't not make the playoffs by losing a game...they missed because Baltimore won. I'm not saying what AB did wasn't wrong, and it goes much deeper than playoffs. But they now have the offseason to cool off, reconcile, move forward. There are no press conferences it will die down at least until trades can be made. Even with Rooney's comments reconciliation still seems a possibility although lesser. In the end AB may wake up and realize he may be playing for the Jets-Cardinals-Lions next year and see reason to keep his best interest in mind i.e. himself.

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 8:15 pm

I hope, wherever he get traded to (and he WILL get traded - 0% chance he's a Steeler next year), he gets psychological help. He definitely needs it.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 10:25 am

stlrtruck wrote:
jak341 wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

[...] Here’s the other key: JuJu’s social-media game is every bit as “lit” as A.B.’s, and if you don’t think that’s applicable here, I’ve got an Instagram workout video to show you. [...]

That is extremely concerning as well. Steelers need to nip JuJu in the bud with this, or he will head down the same path as AB.

I don't think so.  JuJu, from what I've seen, tends to use social media as something to alleviate the stress of life and impact fan's.  I think it's a good thing for him, the fans, and the team because he's not spotlighting himself, he's really engaging the city and the fans.

I don't follow him but I don't hear any negative reactions from his posts. I see him more as a practical joker if anything. I also hope as he ages he continues to be lighthearted and fun. He can really be the "Apple in the eye" of Steeler fans. He's part way there right now.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 1:08 pm

solardave wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
jak341 wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

I don't think so.  JuJu, from what I've seen, tends to use social media as something to alleviate the stress of life and impact fan's.  I think it's a good thing for him, the fans, and the team because he's not spotlighting himself, he's really engaging the city and the fans.

I don't follow him but I don't hear any negative reactions from his posts. I see him more as a practical joker if anything. I also hope as he ages he continues to be lighthearted and fun. He can really be the "Apple in the eye" of Steeler fans. He's part way there right now.

I hope so... I bought his color rush jersey. If he fucks up, I will send him the bill Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 2:29 am

i'm not suggesting this is any kind of proof of browns value or the author has any kind of NFL knowledge on trade or draft value. teams have made crazy deals before , so i guess we'll wait and see. i personally don't see them getting a top 10 pick trade deal for brown.

What Would Be The 49ers' Breaking Point In A Trade For Antonio Brown?
Quote :

For example, there’s absolutely no way San Francisco yields the No. 2 overall pick in this year’s NFL Draft for a receiver entering his Age-31 season. In fact, the 49ers wouldn’t even bite if Pittsburgh offered up its first-round pick (20th overall) as part of the package.

This leads us to our overriding point. What would be a fair deal if Brown were to head to the 49ers? What would be Lynch’s cut-off point in negotiations with Pittsburgh for the all-everything pass catcher?

As noted above, the second pick is strictly off limits. Following Ohio State quarterback Dwayne Haskins’ decision to declare for the 2019 NFL Draft, San Francisco is set up well in terms of a potential trade down with quarterback-needy teams.
Quote :

Under this scenario, San Francisco’s limit would likely have to be two second-round picks — one in 2019 and another in 2020. Given that its pick this year is 36th overall, that would allow the Steelers to feel like they received the value of a top-20 pick in return for Brown. It’s probably the best they can do for a guy that’s been a headache this season, is on the trade block and will be entering his Age-31 season.

Draft picks and value are the only things that will matter to San Francisco in likely negotiations for Brown.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/vincentfrank/2019/01/10/what-would-be-the-49ers-breaking-point-in-a-trade-for-antonio-brown/#4e772dea290c
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 1:04 pm

Brown for Kittle
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 2:27 pm

We need to get to the top 10 in the draft somehow.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 9:44 pm

Someone needs to tell Brown, if he wants to get his wish - end up on a new team - he'd better straighten up his act. Steelers are going to expect a lot in a trade, and the more crap he pulls, the less likely someone will be to give much for him.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 5:40 am

nine vegetable wrote:
Someone needs to tell Brown, if he wants to get his wish - end up on a new team - he'd better straighten up his act.  Steelers are going to expect a lot in a trade, and the more crap he pulls, the less likely someone will be to give much for him.

I agree with you here and I also agree with your other statement about hoping he gets help. At this point I don't know if he can control himself. He has some serious issues.
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 9:07 am

nine vegetable wrote:
Someone needs to tell Brown, if he wants to get his wish - end up on a new team - he'd better straighten up his act.  Steelers are going to expect a lot in a trade, and the more crap he pulls, the less likely someone will be to give much for him.

not sure that will help us. there are reports that are saying brown wants to stay that moron might continue to act stupid just so we dont get a fair offer.........
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 9:46 am

Not gonna try to make excuses for AB but if you step back and look at his erratic behaviors over the last couple of years and his change of behaviors with the press he is kind of showing symptoms of CTE. He has had his brain scrambled a few time with some seriously brutal hits to the dome. Just something to ponder...
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 10:39 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Not gonna try to make excuses for AB but if you step back and look at his erratic behaviors over the last couple of years and his change of behaviors with the press he is kind of showing symptoms of CTE. He has had his brain scrambled a few time with some seriously brutal hits to the dome. Just something to ponder...

Excellent point. I wondered why his behavior seemed to escalate and I believe that could be a possibility.
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 10:47 am

solardave wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Excellent point. I wondered why his behavior seemed to escalate and I believe that could be a possibility.  

whatever it is, it isnt his fault. gotta blame it on something/someone else nowadays
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 10:59 am

AB removed being a Steeler from his Twitter profile. So, Benz lays out some potential destinations.

https://triblive.com/sports/columnists/timbenz/breakfastwithbenz/14502301-74/first-call-antonio-brown-axes-affiliation-with-steelers-on-twitter-posts-photo
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 11:26 am

jak341 wrote:
AB removed being a Steeler from his Twitter profile. So, Benz lays out some potential destinations.

https://triblive.com/sports/columnists/timbenz/breakfastwithbenz/14502301-74/first-call-antonio-brown-axes-affiliation-with-steelers-on-twitter-posts-photo

Perhaps he thinks that means he's been traded.
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 11:30 am

nine vegetable wrote:
jak341 wrote:

Perhaps he thinks that means he's been traded.

maybe butler told him that Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 3798349058
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 2:12 pm

Jerry Rice says Antonio Brown wants to play for 49ers

Hall of Famer Jerry Rice said Monday during a radio interview that disgruntled Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown wants to play for the San Francisco 49ers "really bad."

Brown posted on his Instagram story Sunday an image of a FaceTime conversation with Rice, who was asked by 95.7 The Game on Monday what was discussed.

Asked by the station if he got the sense Brown would want to play for the 49ers, Rice answered: "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. He wants to come here really bad.

"He's talking about running the hill with me -- doing all that and just working out and just picking my brain. I don't know if it's going to happen because it's going to be up to [coach] Kyle Shanahan and also [general manager] John Lynch, but I'm all for it if they want him to come on board."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25760587/jerry-rice-antonio-brown-wants-san-francisco-49ers-really-bad

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 5:59 pm

Steelers think they can get at least a first for Antonio Brown
Quote :

The Pittsburgh Steelers have a decision to make with regard to wide receiver Antonio Brown, but they seem optimistic if they decide to trade him. The team believes they can make a deal that includes at least a first round pick, according to CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora. NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport reported that rival GMs think the Steelers will be able to get a second round pick and maybe a third.

The Dallas Cowboys gave up a first round pick for wide receiver Amari Cooper, and Rapoport said it seemed unlikely Pittsburgh could get the same return. Cooper is six years younger than Brown, and while Brown is one of the best receivers in the NFL right now, it’s not surprising teams would not be willing to invest as much as the Steelers might hope for in aa deal.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/1/12/18179963/antonio-brown-trade-rumors-steelers-first-round-draft-pick-49ers
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 6:23 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Steelers think they can get at least a first for Antonio Brown
Quote :

The Pittsburgh Steelers have a decision to make with regard to wide receiver Antonio Brown, but they seem optimistic if they decide to trade him. The team believes they can make a deal that includes at least a first round pick, according to CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora. NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport reported that rival GMs think the Steelers will be able to get a second round pick and maybe a third.

The Dallas Cowboys gave up a first round pick for wide receiver Amari Cooper, and Rapoport said it seemed unlikely Pittsburgh could get the same return. Cooper is six years younger than Brown, and while Brown is one of the best receivers in the NFL right now, it’s not surprising teams would not be willing to invest as much as the Steelers might hope for in aa deal.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/1/12/18179963/antonio-brown-trade-rumors-steelers-first-round-draft-pick-49ers

Yeah, I can definitely see this thinking. If I were a 49ers fan I wouldn't want to lose a 1st or 2nd round pick to a WR this age who causes these type soap operas. I think Rooney's comments that he couldn't envision AB a Steeler in 2019 does nothing to enhance their bargaining position. The 49ers know the Steelers don't want him back and surely would rather have the 2nd pick 1st round AND trade something later rounds if they even want AB.

I don't get where these players think they can be under contract and decide they want to quit on the team and go somewhere else. I hope Rooney sticks to his word and does not release him. First Blount, then Harrison, this is becoming the way to get out the door in Pittsburgh. They need to serve message to the rest of team

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early
Page 6 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next