Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAntonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early

Go down 
+20
vasteeler
Shalieve5090
SteelCity4Life
JPPT1974
kirklandrules
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelerFreak58
Drizztbob
stlrtruck
Gingerchip
Stella Nation
solardave
Lokki
effyou515
jak341
IowaSteeler927
Great Randino
Mach1
Wallace108
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 7:03 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
We need to get to the top 10 in the draft somehow.
and who would you like to get in top 10. of course the combine is going to change perception and the top 10 likely players will change  like it always does, but for now the top 10 looks to consist of
2 OLB/DE that will likely go in the top 4 picks,
4 DT's, which maybe one would fit the 3-4 system (christain wilkins).
1 maybe 2 QB's.
1 maybe 2 OT's .
1  ILB.
this looks to be a very weak class for DB's ILB's and WR's in the 1st rd , so far anyway. good combine showings could add some. all should be positions of interest for the steelers.
the only player thus far in the top 10 outside of nick bosa, and josh allen, both of whom should go top 3 or 4, that the steelers should want / need would be devin white, the ILB.  Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 2087824411
Possibly Clelin Ferrell OLB/DE could be a top 10 target for the steelers.
so with that said , i don't see the steelers getting a top 5 pick for brown, without adding their own picks as in a couple to the deal. so scratch bosa or allen. maybe they could sucker the bills or dolphins or broncos with a trade , which i still think they would have to add a pick plus brown to get white.

i do believe the steelers could get a first rd pick for brown, but it would be after their 20th pick. maybe the colts or eagles at around 25 or 26 or packers at 32.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 7:11 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Steelers think they can get at least a first for Antonio Brown
Quote :

The Pittsburgh Steelers have a decision to make with regard to wide receiver Antonio Brown, but they seem optimistic if they decide to trade him. The team believes they can make a deal that includes at least a first round pick, according to CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora. NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport reported that rival GMs think the Steelers will be able to get a second round pick and maybe a third.

The Dallas Cowboys gave up a first round pick for wide receiver Amari Cooper, and Rapoport said it seemed unlikely Pittsburgh could get the same return. Cooper is six years younger than Brown, and while Brown is one of the best receivers in the NFL right now, it’s not surprising teams would not be willing to invest as much as the Steelers might hope for in aa deal.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/1/12/18179963/antonio-brown-trade-rumors-steelers-first-round-draft-pick-49ers

Yeah, I can definitely see this thinking. If I were a 49ers fan I wouldn't want to lose a 1st or 2nd round pick to a WR this age who causes these type soap operas. I think Rooney's comments that he couldn't envision AB a Steeler in 2019 does nothing to enhance their bargaining position. The 49ers know the Steelers don't want him back and surely would rather have the 2nd pick 1st round AND trade something later rounds if they even want AB.

I don't get where these players think they can be under contract and decide they want to quit on the team and go somewhere else. I hope Rooney sticks to his word and does not release him. First Blount, then Harrison, this is becoming the way to get out the door in Pittsburgh. They need to serve message to the rest of team

oh i think the niners would give their second, maybe even a second and 3rd. they just aren't going to give the second overall of the draft without the steelers sweetening the deal considerably.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 7:12 pm

I can't see ANY team giving up a 1st for Brown at this point. The Brown of 5 years ago? Absolutely. But the headcase, 31 year old, and possible declining stat Brown isn't bringing a 1st. Maybe not even a second; perhaps a low second.

I think the Steelers are far overvaluing Brown at this stage of his career.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 7:24 pm

jak341 wrote:
I can't see ANY team giving up a 1st for Brown at this point. The Brown of 5 years ago? Absolutely. But the headcase, 31 year old, and possible declining stat Brown isn't bringing a 1st. Maybe not even a second; perhaps a low second.

i don't think he is declining yet. Ben just chose to go for the lower hanging fruit this past year. why try to force it to a double teamed brown when JUJU is a lower risk completion. without brown getting the attention, Juju is going to find it much more difficult.
Brown will continue to produce at high levels at least for the rest of the contract. 36 year old derrick mason was still a pain in the ass for the steelers.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 9:14 pm

I still believe Brown isn't going anywhere. I think this will all blow over. I been wrong before though.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 10:02 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
We need to get to the top 10 in the draft somehow.
and who would you like to get in top 10. of course the combine is going to change perception and the top 10 likely players will change  like it always does, but for now the top 10 looks to consist of
2 OLB/DE that will likely go in the top 4 picks,
4 DT's, which maybe one would fit the 3-4 system (christain wilkins).
1 maybe 2 QB's.
1 maybe 2 OT's .
1  ILB.
this looks to be a very weak class for DB's ILB's and WR's in the 1st rd , so far anyway. good combine showings could add some. all should be positions of interest for the steelers.
the only player thus far in the top 10 outside of nick bosa, and josh allen, both of whom should go top 3 or 4, that the steelers should want / need would be devin white, the ILB.  Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 2087824411
Possibly Clelin Ferrell OLB/DE could be a top 10 target for the steelers.
so with that said , i don't see the steelers getting a top 5 pick for brown, without adding their own picks as in a couple to the deal. so scratch bosa or allen. maybe they could sucker the bills or dolphins or broncos with a trade , which i still think they would have to add a pick plus brown to get white.

i do believe the steelers could get a first rd pick for brown, but it would be after their 20th pick. maybe the colts or eagles at around 25 or 26 or packers at 32.

Devin White.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 5:16 am

jak341 wrote:

Keep in mind these teams that pick in the early 1rst round do this yearly because of poor decisions both in the draft and by keeping players with lack of character. Who are we to stop them now? Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 1797695198 Of course I've been wrong before. I think it's possible to get in position for a guy like Devin White.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 5:49 am

AB wants to go to the 49ers Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 1797695198  trade him to the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets. Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 3562723908

I'd trade AB and the Steelers 20th pick for the Jets 3rd pick. then draft Josh Allen.

or AB + the 20th to the 49ers then draft Dwayne Haskins.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 7:44 am

effyou515 wrote:
AB wants to go to the 49ers Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 1797695198  trade him to the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets. Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 3562723908

I'd trade AB and the Steelers 20th pick for the Jets 3rd pick. then draft Josh Allen.

What is it about Dobbs and Rudolph that leads you to believe we need more competition at QB?
IMO one of these 2 is our future.

I do like Josh Allen.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 11:42 am

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!

We should definitely send him there.

No to Haskins though. I love Haskins, I'm in Buckeye country and I think he's a really good kid. But I agree with Solardave about Dobbs and Rudolph (I'm especially high on Dobbs. His intelligence and drive are off the charts. I just don't know Rudulph that well yet.)

All we need are 2 teams who really want him badly enough to let go of their top 3 pick. And I like Devin White, and definitely Josh Allen.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 1:28 pm

effyou515 wrote:

Send him to the Jets for their 2nd, maybe even just their 3rd....anything just to see him go to the Jets Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 2981382511

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 1:39 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!

We should definitely send him there.  

No to Haskins though.  I love Haskins, I'm in Buckeye country and I think he's a really good kid.  But I agree with Solardave about Dobbs and Rudolph (I'm especially high on Dobbs.  His intelligence and drive are off the charts.  I just don't know Rudulph that well yet.)

All we need are 2 teams who really want him badly enough to let go of their top 3 pick.  And I like Devin White, and definitely Josh Allen.

A bidding war between a couple of teams would be great. I like Dobbs and what he brings too. All I've seen of Rudolph is this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az_pvRSElI8

Do these 2 remind you of anyone.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 8:41 pm

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 Giphy

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 10:31 pm

I'm waiting for Sammie Coates and Martavis Bryant to add their thoughts to this.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Art made a big mistake by implying that he doesn't expect AB on the team anymore. That could lower his trade value. Teams now know the Steelers are desperate to trade him. Someone should learn him how to play poker.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 9:47 pm

Really am losing respect for him. And really showing a Prima Donna attitude. Something you do not need.

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 9:11 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
Art made a big mistake by implying that he doesn't expect AB on the team anymore. That could lower his trade value. Teams now know the Steelers are desperate to trade him. Someone should learn him how to play poker.
i don't see it hurting them none. he just let it be known to all 31 teams that offers will be welcomed.. the more bidders the more value. Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 1372836603
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 10:49 pm

yeah I don't think it'll make a difference either.

All we need is one foolish team (and there are several out there).
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:29 pm

An opinion doesn't mean much, but Pouncey is a leader on the team, so it might indicate where the players' heads are at ...

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 3:58 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
An opinion doesn't mean much, but Pouncey is a leader on the team, so it might indicate where the players' heads are at ...

Didn't he say the same thing about Bell? Right before Bell was a no show and he hasn't heard from him since.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 6:01 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

whats there to work out besides he stops acting like a self centered , narcissistic, asshole ? Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 5:52 pm

solardave wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Didn't he say the same thing about Bell? Right before Bell was a no show and he hasn't heard from him since.

That was a different situation though. Everyone expected Bell to return, until he didn't. Once Bell didn't return, a few, including Pouncey, quickly turned on him. But based on Pouncey's take, they don't seem to be turning on AB despite everything that has happened. This article kinda supports the thinking that AB's days in Pittsburgh might not be numbered ...

Is Art Rooney II softening his stance on Antonio Brown's return to Steelers?

Art Rooney II isn’t closing the door on Antonio Brown returning to the Pittsburgh Steelers for a 10th season. In fact, the door may be open a little wider than in previous weeks.

On a conference call with fans Wednesday, the Steelers president indicated the team can mend its fractured relationship with Brown, who has not returned calls from players, coaches and even Rooney since he skipped team meetings and a walkthrough in the final week of the season.

Rooney was asked about the chance of Brown and running back Le’Veon Bell returning to the team. Rooney did not mention Bell in his answer, but he addressed the possibility of Brown coming back.

“There are a lot of factors we have to take into account on it,” Rooney said. “We’d have to sit down with Antonio and understand where he is and make sure he understands where we are. There is some work to do before we figure that out.”

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14536026-85/is-art-rooney-ii-softening-his-stance-on-antonio-browns-return-to

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 7:55 am

It's time to accept the 'Steelers Way' is no longer a standard other teams can look up to moving forward.

For years, for decades, it was something you would hear when announcers would talk about the organization - The Rooneys, The Steelers, there was something about it which made other teams try to mimic their success in the Front Office and subsequently on the field.

Now it has become broken. The drama, the theatrics from both players & coaches has escaped the locker room and meeting rooms and become public knowledge. You could easily point to Ben and his early years when he spoke of the injuries he sustained and coaches would discredit his report. You could blame Tomlin because he allowed players non-sense to continue long after it should've been shut down. Blame AB for his FB live post in the locker room. Blame Bell for his back to back hold outs, one lasting the entire year and his constant rants on Twitter. Bottom line, blame Rooney for allowing it to get to this point.

The Steelers Way no longer exist.
I'm not sure it can ever be found again!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 11:29 am

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 12:31 pm

Report: Tomlin told players Brown will be gone when his production goes down

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-tomlin-told-players-brown-141457055.html

Quote :
“[Tomlin] essentially told the group, we’ll tolerate it now because of what he brings on the field, but the minute production stops, you don’t overlook it,” one unnamed ex-Steeler said.

Quote :
“This has been brewing for years,” one ex-teammate said. “It’s just now coming to the surface. And it’s probably over.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early
Page 7 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next