Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAntonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early

Go down 
+20
vasteeler
Shalieve5090
SteelCity4Life
JPPT1974
kirklandrules
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelerFreak58
Drizztbob
stlrtruck
Gingerchip
Stella Nation
solardave
Lokki
effyou515
jak341
IowaSteeler927
Great Randino
Mach1
Wallace108
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 9:06 pm

sorry but brown has crossed the line too many times. his temper tantrums and it's all about me attitude needs to go infect a different locker room.
with that said, after reading many brown / trade articles , i've lowered my expectations of his trade value. his age,31, his personality and antics red flags, and his contact, are all things other teams will be considering, when thinking about a trade.
to think the niners or jets are going to give up the 2nd or 3rd pick of the draft may is not  realistic.  peter king in an article suggested maybe a 2nd or even a 3rd would be more his value for the niners.
with that said, i was thinking they could possibly trade the 20th pick and brown for a 2nd or 3rd pick might be more realistic.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 2:16 pm

Joe Starkey's take on this in his Q&A from Post Gazette.

dANoMaTIC, @dano5258: What’s the future for AB? And what could/should we get back if traded?

Starkey: The future for AB, Mr. dano5258? I wouldn’t dare speculate, based on his recent past. But it’s hard to believe it’ll be in Pittsburgh.

Quitting on your teammates is the unforgivable sin in sports, and that is precisely what Brown — aka “Tony Tap Out” — did. He pulled the chute at the Steelers’ “darkest hour,” to borrow Mike Tomlin’s words, going AWOL as a critical game against the Cincinnati Bengals approached.

And that wasn’t the first time he skipped work this season. Or the last. He didn’t show up the following Monday, either.

What can Brown possibly say or do that would make the Steelers believe he won’t crack up again?

Check out what ex-Green Bay Packers receiver Greg Jennings told ESPN:

“[This idea of] ‘Let’s sit down and have this pow-wow,’ it’s not gonna work,” Jennings said. “[Brown] doesn’t want what everybody wants. Mike Tomlin wants Super Bowls. Ben Roethlisberger wants Super Bowls. Antonio Brown wants everything for him. ‘Business is boomin’ as long as it’s booming for me.”

Brown has to go, and I agree with the Post-Gazette’s Ed Bouchette that the Steelers could (and should) get a first-round pick for him. The key is to find at least two teams with high interest.

Can the Steelers get more than a first-round pick? Maybe a lower-round pick thrown in. Or maybe a player and a pick. Patrick Peterson springs to mind, based on this excellent piece by Ray Fittipaldo. So does Jalen Ramsey. A report surfaced in November, indicating the Jacksonville Jaguars might look to trade their fabulously talented young cornerback this offseason.

The Jags subsequently denied the report, but it didn’t sound as if they convinced Ramsey. This is what he told ESPN in mid-December, in expressing his hope the Jags would sign him to a new deal:

"Like I said, I’m going to let my agent and the front office handle that, but after what came out here … I’m feeling like, yeah, if y’all serious about that [a potential trade] not being real, then y’all need to make [a new contract] happen,” Ramsey said. “If not, then maybe what came out five weeks ago will happen. We’ll see.”

Yes, we will. Not that I would count on on this deal happening. There would be complications. Ramsey has a year left on his rookie deal, so this would be the time to start talking extension. He won’t play for free. He’s also been known to stir the pot now and then, but, man, as you saw when the Steelers played Jacksonville, he is a special talent at a position of great need.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe-starkey/2019/01/08/antonio-brown-trade-rumors-jalen-ramsey-contract/stories/201901080085

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 2:45 pm

Quote :
Can the Steelers get more than a first-round pick? Maybe a lower-round pick thrown in. Or maybe a player and a pick. Patrick Peterson springs to mind, based on this excellent piece by Ray Fittipaldo. So does Jalen Ramsey. A report surfaced in November, indicating the Jacksonville Jaguars might look to trade their fabulously talented young cornerback this offseason.

Hard pass on Jalen Ramsey. Yeah, he's a great corner, but he also has attitude issues. Steelers essentially would be trading one problem for another. If this was the "old" Steelers, I'd be hyped to have him. But the last thing a team with discipline and chemistry issues needs is a player like Ramsey.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 4:00 pm

We don't need Ramsey. He would be AB on defense.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 4:44 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Quote :

Hard pass on Jalen Ramsey. Yeah, he's a great corner, but he also has attitude issues. Steelers essentially would be trading one problem for another. If this was the "old" Steelers, I'd be hyped to have him. But the last thing a team with discipline and chemistry issues needs is a player like Ramsey.

I agree on this. It's hard to pass on that kind of talent given the yearly lack of competent CBs. But very likely creates much the same trouble.

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 4:45 pm

ramsey is a POS
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 11:44 pm

muncher wrote:
ramsey is a POS

Agree.

Also factoring in: I certainly don't see Jacksonville giving up their highest pick - they want a QB. Unless they sign Foles or someone in FA.

But - please, no more drama queens.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 7:44 am

In all honesty, if we can't trade AB to a team in the top 5, then don't trade him.

While I've grown weary of his antics, I haven't grown tired of his performance on the field. Yes, I know it's difficult to separate the two at times. Especially when he quit on the team before the last game of the season.

There definitely needs to be some kind of communication with Brown before the season starts and he needs to be knocked over the head. If it were me, I'd let him know he's not going to get traded and if he does anything detrimental to the team, he'll be benched (just like Keyshawn was in Tampa when Gruden was the coach). I'd make him inactive for at least a game or two, possibly more.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 9:14 am

I realize we aren't even into the new season yet, but shouldn't we have heard of Tomlin's "disciplinary actions" towards AB at this point if we WEREN'T looking at trade options??

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 10:00 am

Drizztbob wrote:
I realize we aren't even into the new season yet, but shouldn't we have heard of Tomlin's "disciplinary actions" towards AB at this point if we WEREN'T looking at trade options??

How can he discipline players when he's firing coaches? Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 1378315869

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 11:11 am

Drizztbob wrote:

i am sure he already took care of that just like all the other times.................'im sorry i benched you AB, but i was in a pretty bad spot. tell ya what. i appreciate you taking the heat for me. ill see if i can get you some more money and i'll let you do whatever you want again next year without doing or saying anything to you. deal?"
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 2:20 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
In all honesty, if we can't trade AB to a team in the top 5, then don't trade him.

While I've grown weary of his antics, I haven't grown tired of his performance on the field.  Yes, I know it's difficult to separate the two at times.  Especially when he quit on the team before the last game of the season.

There definitely needs to be some kind of communication with Brown before the season starts and he needs to be knocked over the head.  If it were me, I'd let him know he's not going to get traded and if he does anything detrimental to the team, he'll be benched (just like Keyshawn was in Tampa when Gruden was the coach).  I'd make him inactive for at least a game or two, possibly more.

I agree with this. Get high value if he is traded. I too like his on field performance despite being tired, and sickened, by his off. I think because the Steelers weren't kept out of playoffs by losing the last game, and that this occurred at last game (giving them offseason to blow over and reconcile) there is a better chance he returns. If he does not, and they get upper value, they have a strong building block for future.

Keeping AB is going to require a firm hand and even that may not be enough. Whether he can be controlled or not remains to be seen. It seems the Blount and Harrison situations act as a model for some of these guys on what to do if you're unhappy. I wish the Steelers had not given into those two.

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 3:58 pm

Breaking news. ARII just said in an interview with Gerry Dulac, "cannot imagine AB will be with the team come training camp."

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/01/10/antonio-brown-trade-rumors-steelers-art-rooney/stories/201901100125
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 4:26 pm

Wow. He does sort of leave reconciliation open but it doesn't seem like he really thinks that would happen. At least good to see he isn't willing to release him but he maybe gave too much information for another team looking to make a deal.

Art Rooney II wrote:
“There’s not much we can do right now; we have time to make a decision,” Rooney said in his first public comments since Brown skipped out on practices and team meetings leading up to the Dec. 30 game at Heinz Field. “We’ll look at all the options. We’re not going to release him, that’s not on the table. But I will say all other options are on the table.

“Whether the situation can be reconciled and have him back on the team next year, we’re a long way away from thinking that can happen. We’re not closing the door on anything at this point.”

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 4:44 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
sorry but brown has crossed the line too many times. his temper tantrums and it's all about me attitude needs to go infect a different locker room.
with that said, after reading many brown / trade articles , i've lowered my expectations of his trade value. his age,31, his personality and antics red flags, and his contact, are all things other teams will be considering, when thinking about a trade.
to think the niners or jets are going to give up the 2nd or 3rd pick of the draft may is not  realistic.  peter king in an article suggested maybe a 2nd or even a 3rd would be more his value for the niners.
with that said, i was thinking they could possibly trade the 20th pick and brown for a 2nd or 3rd pick might be more realistic.

His contract is very favourable for a team that wants to trade for him. Steelers will pay the dead cap $21.1M, while they only have to pay the yearly cash: 15.1 (12.6 if traded after March 18th), 11.3 and 12.5M. That's extremely cheap for a WR with his qualities. 3 years is also ideal as he will be 34 at the end of his contract. 49ers or Jets will pay that price with a big smile, even with all his antics. Steelers will get pick#2 or #3 I believe.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/antonio-brown-6702/
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 7:09 pm

Hmmmmm ....

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 7:30 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

His contract is very favourable for a team that wants to trade for him. Steelers will pay the dead cap $21.1M, while they only have to pay the yearly cash: 15.1 (12.6 if traded after March 18th), 11.3 and 12.5M. That's extremely cheap for a WR with his qualities. 3 years is also ideal as he will be 34 at the end of his contract. 49ers or Jets will pay that price with a big smile, even with all his antics. Steelers will get pick#2 or #3 I believe.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/antonio-brown-6702/

i hope you're right ... but if you look at the price teams have paid to move up into the top 3 , you're looking at a trade value of multiple high picks. Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 2087824411
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 8:23 pm

Good article from Joe Starkey on Rooney's comments.

Joe Starkey: Steelers leaders have a clear choice -- the team or Antonio Brown

Steelers president Art Rooney II has spoken, and a couple of quotes stand out like those old bumblebee uniforms.

“Maybe he decides to come talk to us some day, and we learn more about where he is. We’ll see.”
That was Rooney confirming Thursday to the Post-Gazette’s Gerry Dulac that he had yet to hear from receiver at-large Antonio Brown, who’s been out of touch since he bolted the season finale at halftime.

Brown cannot bring himself to call Rooney or coach Mike Tomlin, let alone face them.

Think about that. You’re an employee, you walked out on your fellow workers before one of the biggest events of the year, and you refuse to return your bosses’ calls.

Regardless of what Deion Sanders might tell you, that is the very definition of AWOL. That is a fireable offense, honestly, though the Steelers are not going to give Brown what he apparently wants. They are not going to cut him. They have no reason to hurt themselves.

But will Brown be with the team at the start of training camp?

“As we sit here today, it’s hard to envision that.”

That was Rooney’s other money quote. It sure sounds as if the club is leaning toward trading Brown, cap implications be darned, provided it can find a good deal.

I’ll bet it can. Brown remains arguably the best receiver in the game. He's in his prime. He had a great season and has a team-friendly contract for the next three years.

By the way, what do you think will happen if he's pitted with a newbie quarterback like, say, Josh Rosen? Think that might go south in a hurry?

Teams will take a chance on Brown. It’s not like he killed somebody (although he could have, driving 100 mph-plus on McKnight Road). He only threatened to break somebody’s jaw. Oh, and was accused of throwing furniture off a balcony that nearly hit a toddler.

Few will scorn him based on that. This is the NFL, remember? The key is to find at least two interested teams and have one of them be the Oakland Raiders. Mike Mayock and Jon Gruden are stocked with prime draft picks (three first-rounders, six of the top 100) and are moving to Las Vegas in 2020.
Can you imagine A.B. in Vegas? He’ll be bigger than Elvis or Liberace ever was, with better outfits.
Did either of those guys ever dress up like a cartoon hippo?

And that brings us to our final Rooney quote, on putting A.B’s case before the Steelers’ team leaders. Presumably those would include Ben Roethlisberger, Cam Heyward, Maurkice Pouncey and Joe Haden.

“That’s one of the questions we have to answer — whether we can get to a point where we all feel good about him being on the roster next year. We have a way to go before we feel good about that.”
Here’s hoping those players, or whoever is involved in the conversation (assuming A.B. shows up for one), realize the choice is very clear:

1. Preserve the very fabric of the team.
2. Bring back Brown.

What could Brown possibly tell anyone that would make them believe this won’t happen again? If he’d shown some remorse after the Bengals game, I might feel differently. But as I type, the man has yet to return his boss’s phone calls.

When last seen, Brown was holed up with Traitor James Harrison mocking Tomlin. He’s also been flirting with San Francisco 49ers players via social media.

That is not my definition of remorse.

For the record, Brown blew off his MRI the Friday of the Bengals game, after he told Tomlin he would go. He then skipped all the Saturday prep without permission (despite what Deion might tell you). He then skipped his exit meeting Monday and remains at-large, at least for team purposes. He also skipped work the Monday after he blew up on the sidelines against Kansas City. Those are the instances we know of, anyway.

I’m with ex-Packers receiver Greg Jennings on the notion a sit-down would do any good.

“(This idea of) ‘Let’s sit down and have this pow-wow,’ it’s not gonna work,” Jennings told ESPN. “(Brown) doesn’t want what everybody wants. Mike Tomlin wants Super Bowls. Ben Roethlisberger wants Super Bowls. Antonio Brown wants everything for him. ‘Business is boomin’ as long as it’s booming for me.”

It’s hard to say what’s eating Brown, but I would imagine the rise of JuJu Smith-Schuster cut deep. Smith-Schuster not only is putting up similar numbers, he is attracting comparable attention — and as one Steeler told me, Brown is “an attention addict.”

JuJu is universally beloved here. A.B. is not.

Here’s the other key: JuJu’s social-media game is every bit as “lit” as A.B.’s, and if you don’t think that’s applicable here, I’ve got an Instagram workout video to show you.

It’s sad, really, that it has come to this. If Brown’s last appearance in a Steelers uniform was the game in New Orleans, it will go down as one of his best. He was spectacular that day. Business was boomin’.

And then everything changed.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe-starkey/2019/01/10/Joe-Starkey-Steelers-leaders-have-a-clear-choice-the-team-or-Antonio-Brown/stories/201901100181

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 8:53 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Good article from Joe Starkey on Rooney's comments.

Joe Starkey: Steelers leaders have a clear choice -- the team or Antonio Brown
[...] Here’s the other key: JuJu’s social-media game is every bit as “lit” as A.B.’s, and if you don’t think that’s applicable here, I’ve got an Instagram workout video to show you. [...]

That is extremely concerning as well. Steelers need to nip JuJu in the bud with this, or he will head down the same path as AB.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 9:23 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Hmmmmm ....

AB seems to think he's getting what he wants here. As long as they don't release him, which Rooney gives every indication they will not, he doesn't have a situation like Bell does where he is a free agent. They control his contract and can trade him to the Jets or Cardinals if they like. It would be awesome to see him playing for a team like that.

Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 10:33 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Hmmmmm ....

Instead of "Business is Boomin!", I'm officially calling us shopping Brown "Going out of Business Sale!"
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 12:01 am

Dont let the door hit you in the ass. Hope you go somewhere shitty and never win a bowl
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 1:46 am

Two comments:

First, Deion is an idiot. Always was always will be.

Second: what does "lit" mean? As in, what kind of posts is Juju putting out there?
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 2:38 am

Me personally. I'd try to trade with San Francisco. They need a true #1 WR. We should try to get the #2 overall pick from them and aim at drafting Josh Allen out of Kentucky. Allen looks to be an elite talent. He's an absolute monster rushing the QB. He's disruptive, and was a wrecking ball in Kentucky's bowl win. He's the player we wanted Bud Dupree to be.

With our other 1st Rounder I'd draft a guy like Parris Campbell (WR, Ohio State), or Marquise Brown (WR, Oklahoma) as they are speedsters that can take the top off of a defense and take attention away from guys like Juju Smith Schuster. That's if they decide to go offense. If they're thinking defense with the other 1st Rounder then they definitely have to go the corner route and someone like Byron Murphy (CB, Washington), or Trevon Diggs (CB, Alabama) should he decide to enter the draft.

That's what I'd aim for if I was Kevin Colbert.

What I do know is this. If AB really does get traded, and has really put himself ahead of the team in this way I'm going to be severely disappointed. He's been one of my favorite players. I bought his color rush jersey prior to the Week 2 Vikings game in 2017. That jersey is going to be a liner for my cat's freaking litter box if he ends up on another roster.

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 Giphy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 6:33 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

What I do know is this. If AB really does get traded, and has really put himself ahead of the team in this way I'm going to be severely disappointed. He's been one of my favorite players. I bought his color rush jersey prior to the Week 2 Vikings game in 2017. That jersey is going to be a liner for my cat's freaking litter box if he ends up on another roster.

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 Giphy

I hear you. I bought his throwback jersey a couple of years ago and it has been one of my favorites to wear on game day, ever since. Now, I wish there was a program that I could trade it in for a different one. :( I still want to get a color rush Shazier jersey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early
Page 5 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next