Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAntonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early

Go down 
+20
vasteeler
Shalieve5090
SteelCity4Life
JPPT1974
kirklandrules
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelerFreak58
Drizztbob
stlrtruck
Gingerchip
Stella Nation
solardave
Lokki
effyou515
jak341
IowaSteeler927
Great Randino
Mach1
Wallace108
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 1:28 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Report: Tomlin told players Brown will be gone when his production goes down

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-tomlin-told-players-brown-141457055.html

Quote :
“[Tomlin] essentially told the group, we’ll tolerate it now because of what he brings on the field, but the minute production stops, you don’t overlook it,” one unnamed ex-Steeler said.

Quote :
“This has been brewing for years,” one ex-teammate said. “It’s just now coming to the surface. And it’s probably over.”

If true, that explains a lot. He's been getting away with things others can't, because he's been allowed to. That would explain why he expected to play in the Cincy game ... He's gotten away with everything else.

From my untrained point of view, it looks like we've got a spoiled child who has always gotten his way. Now, for the first time, his parents have put their foot down, and the spoiled child is rebelling and acting out. In those kinds of situations, do you blame the spoiled child for being spoiled, or do you blame the parents for spoiling him?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 1:55 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Report: Tomlin told players Brown will be gone when his production goes down

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-tomlin-told-players-brown-141457055.html

Quote :
“[Tomlin] essentially told the group, we’ll tolerate it now because of what he brings on the field, but the minute production stops, you don’t overlook it,” one unnamed ex-Steeler said.

Quote :
“This has been brewing for years,” one ex-teammate said. “It’s just now coming to the surface. And it’s probably over.”

If true, that explains a lot. He's been getting away with things others can't, because he's been allowed to. That would explain why he expected to play in the Cincy game ... He's gotten away with everything else.

From my untrained point of view, it looks like we've got a spoiled child who has always gotten his way. Now, for the first time, his parents have put their foot down, and the spoiled child is rebelling and acting out. In those kinds of situations, do you blame the spoiled child for being spoiled, or do you blame the parents for spoiling him?

i would also guess that tomlin let AB play in previous game after missing practices and such
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 1:58 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

wow, the culture that tomlin has created here is pathetic.
fellow team mates are okay with AB faking an injury, acting like a a hole, skipping a game, wanting to be traded, hanging and laughing at tomlins presser and they still want him back..................
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Really good article by Jeremy Fowler ...

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/29995

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 3:49 pm

Oh to have been a fly on the wall in the locker room when AB asked if Tomlin was trying to Martin Luther King him.
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 4:44 pm

jak341 wrote:
Oh to have been a fly on the wall in the locker room when AB asked if Tomlin was trying to Martin Luther King him.

im sure tomlin apologized for checking him for being late
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 9:06 pm

so it looks like Big mouth Ben DID have something to do with it. most likely it was the calling brown out for HIS interception in the end zone.
Quote :

Linebacker Bud Dupree said players don't want to pick between Brown and Roethlisberger. Center Maurkice Pouncey likened the duo to brothers who are having issues. Multiple reports claimed Brown's frustration in a midweek walk-through during Week 17 was directed at Roethlisberger.

"I don't like seeing A.B. blamed for all this," one current Steeler said. "To me, he's not the problem."
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 10:17 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

so it looks like Big mouth Ben DID have something to do with it. most likely it was the calling brown out for HIS interception in the end zone.
Quote :

Linebacker Bud Dupree said players don't want to pick between Brown and Roethlisberger. Center Maurkice Pouncey likened the duo to brothers who are having issues. Multiple reports claimed Brown's frustration in a midweek walk-through during Week 17 was directed at Roethlisberger.

"I don't like seeing A.B. blamed for all this," one current Steeler said. "To me, he's not the problem."
And guess who they are looking to extend?
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 3:33 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Here's an old quote from Hines Ward ...

“I sometimes disagree with kind of how he comments on other people,” Ward said. “I know some guys might take that the wrong way. I know earlier in his career, he hated to be critiqued by some of the veteran guys himself.”

---------------------------------

And here's another Ward quote when Ben criticized Martavis ...

“I just think for players, sometimes things aren’t made to be out there in the public,” Ward told Vic Carucci and Dan Leberfeld on Press Coverage. “Some players take offense to that, because now that could have easily been discussed behind closed doors and stuff like that. But the fact that Ben put it out there, now it’s a story, so hopefully you just don’t need distractions like that. You learn how to sit down and discuss it and handle your business not going through the media or anything, just handle it behind closed doors. So, hopefully, something will get resolved from it.”

------------------------------------------

For a number of years, Ben was very vocal about wanting a tall receiver, which prompted this response from Ward . .

“We won a Super Bowl. We didn't have a tall receiver then. I don't see Tom Brady caring about whose tall or not.”

------------------------------------------

An article from 2013 ...

Roethlisberger, Ward disagree on leadership in Pittsburgh

Amid questions regarding the presence (or absence) of leadership in the Steelers’ locker room, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger wisely waited a week or so before stating his case that, yes, there are still leaders on the team.

If Ben had shared his views last week, the contrast with one of his former teammates would have been far more glaring.

Nine days ago, Hines Ward joined me during a guest-hosting stint on The Dan Patrick Show and said, unequivocally, that there currently is no leadership in the locker room.

By saying there’s no leadership in the Pittsburgh locker room, Ward is saying that Roethlisberger isn’t a leader.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/01/roethlisberger-ward-disagree-on-leadership-in-pittsburgh/

Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 11:44 am

nine vegetable wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Quote :

why would they extend AB?. he has 3 years left
steelers usually extend their qbs 2 years out dont they?
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 10:27 pm

Speaking of leadership ...

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 10:39 pm

Heard that last year. And the year before.

Wallace108 wrote:
Speaking of leadership ...

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 11:59 pm

jak341 wrote:
Heard that last year. And the year before.

Yep. There's always lots of talking. Not so much doing. If you dig through some old threads here (not sure why you'd want to), you'd see we were griping about the lack of leadership at least 5 or 6 years ago. Nothing has changed.

Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 1:28 am

Steelers are good at talking. Just like their coach. Unfortunately, follow through is worth dick.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 3:39 pm

muncher wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Quote :

I thought it was obvious I was talking about Ben.
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 4:09 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
muncher wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Quote :

I thought it was obvious I was talking about Ben.

your quote made it sound like you were blaming ben and yet he is the one they want to resign
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 4:15 pm

I was following a quote that blames Ben - and yes, I was talking about them working to extend him.

Maybe it was just a confusing way for me to do that?

Anyway, Ben definitely has a role in the drama.
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 4:43 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
I was following a quote that blames Ben - and yes, I was talking about them working to extend him.

Maybe it was just a confusing way for me to do that?  

Anyway, Ben definitely has a role in the drama.

yup, its all good.
drama to go around but the easiest solution is trade AB and fire tomlin.
AB wants out and tomlin has lost the locker room
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 5:20 pm

I hear ya, but I fall short of calling for Tomlin to be fired, although I am losing patience with the lack of discipline - but it is apparent that the front office has been enabling diva players for years now. Which makes it a lot harder to be a disciplinarian as a coach. The entire organization has to get behind a winning culture - one they used to have but have let slip away. Once the FO gets behind that, if Tomlin doesn't set the record straight, then yeah - his time will need to be up as well.
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 7:27 pm

tomlin is done. you cant go from being buddy buddy with these guys and letting them run wild to being a tough guy.
tomlkin was effective taking a loaded team full of leaders and spewing enough gibberish to put them over the top. since all cow=hers players and leaders have left, we see the resultys. gtreat regular season, choke jobs in post season.

tomlin needs an entire team of pro bowlers, with multiple leaders and a HOF qb to possibly win a super bowl.
i dont see that happening. not with tomlin having final say into who gets drafted
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 9:09 am

Welp. Jeremy Fowler was on today's morning show. I missed 3/4 of the interview, but here is what I did hear as part of the wrap up: it is inevitable. AB will not be a Steeler. There is too much damage in the relationship. The players aren't backing AB as they did before.

Also heard rumors that the Steelers are exploring offers, and none of them include a 1st rounder.
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 10:01 am

jak341 wrote:
Welp. Jeremy Fowler was on today's morning show. I missed 3/4 of the interview, but here is what I did hear as part of the wrap up: it is inevitable. AB will not be a Steeler. There is too much damage in the relationship. The players aren't backing AB as they did before.

Also heard rumors that the Steelers are exploring offers, and none of them include a 1st rounder.

im really torn then. on one hand i say F him and ship him off. the team would be better off without his drama
the other hand says F him and keep him. hes worth more than a 2nd rounder. who cares if he isnt happy here, we own his arse PLUS i think it would be funny to have all the drama another year, if it helps gets tomlin out the door.
ok, i say keep him and make everyone unhappy. hell, tomlin cant win anyways regardless of talent.......
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 11:09 pm

I think the trade of AB might happen on draft day.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 8:37 am

AB and Bell are gone. It's just media chatter anything to the contrary.

Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 2:24 pm

I thought I read there's a financial penalty if steelers hang onto him past a certain date in March. But I do agree with effyou about a draft day trade. Actually I'd prefer it, when teams are desperate. I'm thinking we'd get greater value.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early
Page 8 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next