Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAntonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early

Go down 
+20
vasteeler
Shalieve5090
SteelCity4Life
JPPT1974
kirklandrules
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelerFreak58
Drizztbob
stlrtruck
Gingerchip
Stella Nation
solardave
Lokki
effyou515
jak341
IowaSteeler927
Great Randino
Mach1
Wallace108
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 9:21 am

Trade him for a first and third round pick. I'm sure there are enough candidates. If Raiders could get a first for Amari Cooper... AB is way better.

I'm glad I bought a Juju jersey this season. I hesitated between him and TJ, both not only quality players but also playing with their hearts and great off field guys too. Says also a lot about most veterans we have, that I came down to two players who were only in their second year.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 10:36 am

nine vegetable wrote:
Good for Tomlin for sitting him.

PS. Trade him as fast as possible - Oakland would be perfect.  If they gave us a 3 for Martavis, Brown should net us a 1st.

Only thing here is you're right about Tomlin not playing him but lying about why when his guys know the truth. (if we actually know the truth) Whatever the real truth is IMO if Tomlin still had this locker room he doesn't any more. What happens next is anyone's guess. I bet it won't be pretty.
Here's my opinion for what it's worth. Interview Munchak for the HC position. NOW! Let him put this mess back together because I'm pretty sure Tomlin can't fix it. Follow the Rooney rule by interviewing other candidates but assure Munchak the job is his if he wants it.
If the Browns are not smart enough to promote Williams to HC offer him our DC position. The rest leave up to Munch.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 10:40 am

Right now I think the FO should be in damage control mode. What to do with Brown should be secondary to dealing with how Tomlin handled the situation. Letting this slide sends a message to the other 52 that they don't give a shit about them.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 11:24 am

solardave wrote:
Right now I think the FO should be in damage control mode. What to do with Brown  should be secondary to dealing with how Tomlin handled the situation. Letting this slide sends a message to the other 52 that they don't give a shit about them.

The silence from the FO speaks the loudest.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 12:37 pm

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 Its-fine-im-fine-everything-is-fine

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 1:00 pm

jak341 wrote:
solardave wrote:
Right now I think the FO should be in damage control mode. What to do with Brown  should be secondary to dealing with how Tomlin handled the situation. Letting this slide sends a message to the other 52 that they don't give a shit about them.

The silence from the FO speaks the loudest.

I'm pretty sure you're right there. It's like they're sitting back weighing their options.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 1:18 pm

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 1:21 pm

Yep. He’s been “flirting” with teams like the 49ers on Twitter today

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 1:39 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
Yep.  He’s been “flirting” with teams like the 49ers on Twitter today

Hey Ginger welcome back. I say if we can get a #1 or better we go for it.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 2:08 pm

This story is blowing up all over Twitter.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi @solardave!

The format has changed and I don’t know how to quote (or if I can from my iPad)

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 2:32 pm

Read an article on twitter today re his antics, not flattering or amusing at all. Can’t help but wonder if the likes of JuJu is messing with his ego.

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 2:40 pm

Report: Antonio Brown has requested a trade

Antonio Brown has requested a trade from the Pittsburgh Steelers according to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports. According to La Canfora, Brown did not demand a trade, but told the Steelers he would prefer to be moved. His report states that "Brown has issues with Mike Tomlin and Ben Roethlisberger," and that he "feels like the coach is too aligned with the QB." This comes in the heels of reports that Brown was benched for missing practice and getting into an altercation with Roethlisberger last week.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Antonio-Brown-trade-request-127148046/

Tomlin has no control on this "team".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 2:45 pm

Mach1 wrote:
Report: Antonio Brown has requested a trade

Antonio Brown has requested a trade from the Pittsburgh Steelers according to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports. According to La Canfora, Brown did not demand a trade, but told the Steelers he would prefer to be moved. His report states that "Brown has issues with Mike Tomlin and Ben Roethlisberger," and that he "feels like the coach is too aligned with the QB." This comes in the heels of reports that Brown was benched for missing practice and getting into an altercation with Roethlisberger last week.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Antonio-Brown-trade-request-127148046/

Tomlin has no control on this "team".

While it wouldn't surprise me, Jason La Confora is wrong a lot of the time. He operates under the "if I throw enough crap at the wall, eventually something will stick" mentality. He reported a couple of years ago that Ben wanted to be traded and that Butler was leaving for Arizona.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 3:17 pm

Get a number 1 for him and let him walk. Dude is a fucking cancer.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 3:35 pm

Unfortunately we're stuck with him until at least March 1 (can't trade until then). Wish we could do it now.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 3:38 pm

Brown will be 31 to start next season, that with his baggage, and his contract may make a trade hard. This from an article from Ray Fittipaldo at Post Gazette:

Quote :
Now the Steelers must determine if they want to deal with Brown and any future distractions that could happen. Jason LaConfora of CBS reported Tuesday that Brown has requested a trade.

It won’t be easy for the Steelers. The way Brown’s contract is structured will make that difficult. He will count $21.1 million toward the 2019 salary cap if he is traded or released because of a previous restructure.

They traded Santonio Holmes to the Jets in spring 2010 for a 5th pick after he had been their leading receiver the year before. We'll see what happens

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 3:58 pm

There are contradicting reports about Brown's request.

Let's all take a step back from the ledge.

The Steelers most likely will not trade someone they're going to be on the hook for $21 million. Especially one of their top offensive weapons.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 4:15 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

The Steelers most likely will not trade someone they're going to be on the hook for $21 million.  Especially one of their top offensive weapons.

Why would they be on the hook if they trade him? Does his salary count against the cap before the trade deadline?
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 7:54 pm

Sick of hos bullshit. Its been ongoing for years.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 8:30 am

solardave wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

The Steelers most likely will not trade someone they're going to be on the hook for $21 million.  Especially one of their top offensive weapons.

Why would they be on the hook if they trade him? Does his salary count against the cap before the trade deadline?

Not sure the intricate rules regarding the cap but the article I read yesterday said if the Steelers trade him before June then they're on the hook for 14M, but after June I think it's only 7M. Either way, that's an expensive lesson to teach him, considering another team (i.e. the Patriots*****) would willingly offer him a new contract to come play for them. He would certainly be an upgrade to any WR on that roster, hell any roster.

He's a diva, I get it, but I'm not interested in letting him walk this year.

However, Tomlin does need to sit his ass down and put him in the proper mindset before the season gets started.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 10:24 am

We aren't trading Brown with a $14 Million penalty associated with it, but why can't these money hungry ego driven maniacs ever learn from their predecessors?? Wallace, Holmes, Sanders, Bell...they have all been shown the door. I thought AB was above all of this, but it's proven he's not.

Ju Ju PAY ATTENTION to what is happening to these idiots...

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 1:53 pm

AB tweeted this during Tomlin's news conference Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 3121608646 ...

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 2:13 pm

Also, James Harrison must have been listening too. He has chimed in.

https://twitter.com/jharrison9292/status/1080518608466444289?s=20

Also seeing something about an AB-Harrision "interview".

The circus is in full swing.

And L Bell is chiming in now too.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 3:44 pm

His options may seem limited??! Dude is a multi-millionaire FOOTBALL player with longevity and talent to spare. He has limitless options.

Put your head/cell phone down, keep your mouth shut, and DO YOUR JOB.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early
Page 2 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next