Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAntonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early

Go down 
+20
vasteeler
Shalieve5090
SteelCity4Life
JPPT1974
kirklandrules
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelerFreak58
Drizztbob
stlrtruck
Gingerchip
Stella Nation
solardave
Lokki
effyou515
jak341
IowaSteeler927
Great Randino
Mach1
Wallace108
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
muncher

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 2:45 pm

the guy amazes me every day with his stupidity
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 4:48 pm

muncher wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
if i'm colbert, i'd tell AB if he wants out then he has to sell hjimself for a first rd pick. let him negotiate his own trade, then he'll see how much value he really has.

i'll add to this.
a first rounder or a stud ilb, olb or cb.
tell AB that if he doesnt make this happen, he will be here for the next 3 years. if he acts like a douche, he will be fined every chance they can. they will sit and suspend him without pay. if he fakes an injury, they will prove he was lying and fine him for that.

You nailed it, that's the way to handle it.

And someone please tweet AB and tell him, "Hey dummy, you're under contract. You're NOT a free agent."
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 5:17 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
jak341 wrote:
muncher wrote:
jak341 wrote:
AB involved in domestic incident. Not arrested.

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/1092830674803920896?s=19
\

like hines said, tomlin turned us into the bengals

I'm to the point that if a 2nd rounder is on the table by any team: take it.

He has to go.

it is starting to look like even a second rd pick is a dream..... Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 1505004552

Could Antonio Brown cost 49ers just a sixth-round draft pick in trade?

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/could-antonio-brown-cost-49ers-just-sixth-round-draft-pick-trade

Peter King Believes AB’s Trade Value Is Too Low For Steelers To Deal Him
https://steelersdepot.com/2019/02/peter-king-believes-abs-trade-value-is-too-low-for-steelers-to-deal-him/

I'd never let him go for a sixth.  If I didn't get at least a high 2 (and probably a 1), I'd keep him to the draft and see if someone gets desperate and makes an offer I couldn't refuse.  If not, hang onto his sorry ass and lay the hammer down.  Fine him suspend him sit him every week if you have to for every little thing.  Toe the line or don't see the field.

i agree but thats a costly revenge to pay him 13-15 million just to fuck with him. they have to trade him to the highest bidder. if thats a 4th or 5th rd pick so be it. Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 2087824411

kinda hard to comprehend that martavis bryant may have more trade value than brown... Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 1505004552

i've been warning you guys not to expect a high first rd pick for brown, but i didn't expect it was going to be this bad .... Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 3201610882

one thing i would do for spite, is since he wants to go to san fran , i wouldn't let him for less than a second pick for them. Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 2625562446

I was actually kind of thinking....hold him accountable just like every player should be.  If that is f***ing with someone...

To your point though, I still don't agree with giving him away (to me, 5th or 6th round pick is just that).  He's still one of the top receivers in football.  Someone will pay up for him.  Maybe on draft day he'd be enough to move us up to get an elite level defensive player (Allen would be great if we could get that high).

Perhaps someone should remind him he's still under contract for 3 years so he really doesn't have a say in the matter.  So maybe he should play nice if he wants out of town.
if they keep him till draft day they take an additional 2.5 million cap hit for a roster bonus. they need to trade him before march the 7th to avoid that.
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 5:32 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
jak341 wrote:
muncher wrote:
jak341 wrote:

\

He has to go.

it is starting to look like even a second rd pick is a dream..... Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 1505004552

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/could-antonio-brown-cost-49ers-just-sixth-round-draft-pick-trade

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/02/peter-king-believes-abs-trade-value-is-too-low-for-steelers-to-deal-him/

I'd never let him go for a sixth.  If I didn't get at least a high 2 (and probably a 1), I'd keep him to the draft and see if someone gets desperate and makes an offer I couldn't refuse.  If not, hang onto his sorry ass and lay the hammer down.  Fine him suspend him sit him every week if you have to for every little thing.  Toe the line or don't see the field.

i agree but thats a costly revenge to pay him 13-15 million just to fuck with him. they have to trade him to the highest bidder. if thats a 4th or 5th rd pick so be it. Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 2087824411

kinda hard to comprehend that martavis bryant may have more trade value than brown... Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 1505004552

i've been warning you guys not to expect a high first rd pick for brown, but i didn't expect it was going to be this bad .... Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 3201610882

one thing i would do for spite, is since he wants to go to san fran , i wouldn't let him for less than a second pick for them. Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 2625562446

I was actually kind of thinking....hold him accountable just like every player should be.  If that is f***ing with someone...

To your point though, I still don't agree with giving him away (to me, 5th or 6th round pick is just that).  He's still one of the top receivers in football.  Someone will pay up for him.  Maybe on draft day he'd be enough to move us up to get an elite level defensive player (Allen would be great if we could get that high).

Perhaps someone should remind him he's still under contract for 3 years so he really doesn't have a say in the matter.  So maybe he should play nice if he wants out of town.
if they keep him till draft day they take an additional 2.5 million cap hit for a roster bonus. they need to trade him before march the 7th to avoid that.

2.5 is nothing.
AB thinks he will make way more than that with his new team. plus, im sure we would get that 2.5 plus some with future fines
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 8:08 pm

muncher wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
jak341 wrote:
muncher wrote:
jak341 wrote:

\

He has to go.

2.5 is nothing.
AB thinks he will make way more than that with his new team.  plus, im sure we would get that 2.5 plus some with future fines

the key words there is CAP HIT....meaning thats an additional 2.5 million the steelers won't be able to use to sign players. yes that is a big deal. he is already going to cost them over 19 million in dead money, i'm sure they would rather not make it 21.5 million
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 8:31 pm

I'd keep AB and deep 6 BB. Ben doesn't play well with others plus he's getting old fast.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 10:28 pm

effyou515 wrote:
I'd keep AB and deep 6 BB. Ben doesn't play well with others plus he's getting old fast.

Um...your kidding right, eff?
Ben is still playing at a high level.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 11:13 pm

I'd keep Ben and AB and dump Rooney. Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 1797695198

As Tomlin might say ... next Rooney up.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 2:39 am

Does anyone know what would happen if AB comes out and says something like: don't bother trading me to anyone but SF or I won't show up? Or, he gets traded and forces a release from the new team so he can sign with SF?

Obviously Steelers have the rights to do what they want in a trade. But, really, I don't see how something like that would not come from him. He is out to get his own way.

I hope we get as high a pick as we can from him and to a team not of his choosing. That failing I'd take a lower pick to send him someplace like Detroit.

Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 6:35 am

vasteeler wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

I'm thinking that the number of dumb picks that Ben throws will go down, since he won't be forcing balls to AB to keep him happy.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 7:35 am

Lokki wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

I'm thinking that the number of dumb picks that Ben throws will go down, since he won't be forcing balls to AB to keep him happy.  

Here's the thing. JUJU will be doubled as our #1 and Ben will force it to him. Afterward he'll throw JUJU under the bus saying that "I should have thrown it to Washington". I don't think Ben's INTs will go down honestly. He's still going to force throws.
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 9:10 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
muncher wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
jak341 wrote:
muncher wrote:
jak341 wrote:

\

He has to go.

2.5 is nothing.
AB thinks he will make way more than that with his new team.  plus, im sure we would get that 2.5 plus some with future fines

the key words there is CAP HIT....meaning thats an additional 2.5 million the steelers won't be able to use to sign players.  yes that is a big deal. he is already going to cost them over 19 million in dead money, i'm sure they would rather not make it 21.5 million

we arent talking $0 compared to $21.5. we are comparing $0 to $2.5. we are already on the hook for $19 or $20
the steelers have more cap room than they ever have, even before the restructures of ben and probably a few more. if they do it right, they could have 30+.
besides, the steelers usually sign scrub, FAs anyway. its the steeler way, so they wont even know what to do with all that cap
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 2:32 pm

He could pull a Barry Sanders and retire. lol

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 5:04 pm

Mach1 wrote:

Although Sanders retiring in his prime shocked the league it wasn't because of money or selfishness. He simply said he lost his desire to play the game.

We thought Bell was stupid for giving up a years pay. AB said "I'll see your dumbass and raise you a crazy as hell"! Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 1549491426
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 7:05 pm

Mach1 wrote:

Only if he had Hollywood deals lined up. No way does he want to be out of the spotlight.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 8:23 pm

muncher wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
muncher wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
jak341 wrote:
muncher wrote:
jak341 wrote:

\

He has to go.

2.5 is nothing.

the key words there is CAP HIT....meaning thats an additional 2.5 million the steelers won't be able to use to sign players.  yes that is a big deal. he is already going to cost them over 19 million in dead money, i'm sure they would rather not make it 21.5 million

we arent talking $0 compared to $21.5. we are comparing $0 to $2.5. we are already on the hook for $19 or $20
the steelers have more cap room than they ever have, even before the restructures of ben and probably a few more. if they do it right, they could have 30+.
besides, the steelers usually sign scrub, FAs anyway. its the steeler way, so they wont even know what to do with all that cap

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13140415-74/steelers-have-options-if-they-want-to-take-salary-cap-hit-on-antonio

Quote :
If the salary cap projects to $190 million, and the Steelers have an $18.4 million carryover, they would have $28 million in cap space to spend on free agents and draft picks to fill out the rest of the roster. Brown’s $21.12 million in dead money would eat up 75 percent of that space. The Steelers, however, could create more cap room by restructuring Roethlisberger’s contract and addressing a few other roster issues.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 5:02 pm

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 1656822811

Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 5:35 pm

respect. AB has no clue what respect is.
i hope art tells him he is going to F him as hard and as long as possible....lol
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 10:16 pm

muncher wrote:
respect. AB has no clue what respect is.
i hope art tells him he is going to F him as hard and as long as possible....lol

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 1797695198 unfortunatley the only thing the steelers can do to him is ruin his stats by not playing him or he could ruin his own stats by giving a half assed effort if he's not traded. had the steelers not restructured his contract and pushed all that guaranteed money back, this wouldn't be such a problem to get rid of him.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 1:49 pm

AB is answering 10 questions on Twitter. Here's the first.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 1:09 pm

AB'S gripe is legit. Ben calling people out, especially to the media, is a dick move. especially considering he is far from perfect and always preaching the brotherhood bullshit. you don't throw your brother under the bus.
with that said, AB is handling it all wrong. instead of acting like a child , he should have grown a pair and confronted Ben and told him to STFU until he stops making bone headed plays.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 2:34 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
AB'S gripe is legit. Ben calling people out, especially to the media, is a dick move. especially considering he is far from perfect and always preaching the brotherhood bullshit. you don't throw your brother under the bus.
with that said, AB is handling it all wrong. instead of acting like a child , he should have grown a pair and confronted Ben and told him to STFU until he stops making bone headed plays.

Spot on..

Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 3:14 pm

i call BS.
maybe ben got tired of AB not showing up, being late, staying off campus during training camp, etc etc etc and said, F him. if he doesnt want to be part of the brotherhood, l'll say what i want about him.........
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 3:42 pm

muncher wrote:
i call BS.
maybe ben got tired of AB not showing up, being late, staying off campus during training camp, etc etc etc and said, F him. if he doesnt want to be part of the brotherhood, l'll say what i want about him.........

My feelings too

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 3:47 pm

I'd actually like to see both of them gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early
Page 11 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next