Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAntonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early

Go down 
+20
vasteeler
Shalieve5090
SteelCity4Life
JPPT1974
kirklandrules
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelerFreak58
Drizztbob
stlrtruck
Gingerchip
Stella Nation
solardave
Lokki
effyou515
jak341
IowaSteeler927
Great Randino
Mach1
Wallace108
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 3:51 pm

This just keeps getting crazier and crazier.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 3:54 pm

That just goes to show you how disconnected AB is from reality. This dude is off the reservation.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 3:59 pm

We're only 2 days in, and 2019 already sucks. Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 1505004552

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 4:07 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

And Terelle Pryor has to chime in?
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 7:04 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
solardave wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
There are contradicting reports about Brown's request.

Let's all take a step back from the ledge.

The Steelers most likely will not trade someone they're going to be on the hook for $21 million.  Especially one of their top offensive weapons.

Why would they be on the hook if they trade him? Does his salary count against the cap before the trade deadline?

Not sure the intricate rules regarding the cap but the article I read yesterday said if the Steelers trade him before June then they're on the hook for 14M, but after June I think it's only 7M.  Either way, that's an expensive lesson to teach him, considering another team (i.e. the Patriots******) would willingly offer him a new contract to come play for them.  He would certainly be an upgrade to any WR on that roster, hell any roster.

He's a diva, I get it, but I'm not interested in letting him walk this year.

However, Tomlin does need to sit his ass down and put him in the proper mindset before the season gets started.

the way i heard it was if he is traded before june 1st, it is a 21 million cap hit. if he is traded after june 1st it is a cap hit of 7 million this year and 14 million next year. the reason it is so high is because they have restructured his deal and pushed the money into the futre.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 7:12 pm

Ed Bouchette: Trading Antonio Brown would not kill the Steelers' salary cap
https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/01/02/antonio-brown-trade-rumors-steelers-salary-cap-nfl/stories/201901020122

Quote :
Let’s look at the trade option. Contrary to popular belief, the Steelers would not necessarily take a huge hit on their salary cap if they traded Brown.

If he plays in 2019, his salary cap figure will be $22,165,000. If they trade him, his salary cap figure will be $21,120,000.

But there’s more than that. What isn’t being taken into account is his 2019 salary of $12,625,000 that won’t be paid and will be wiped from their cap, even though Brown’s individual cap figure will technically remain the same. Also, Brown is due a $2.5 million roster bonus five days after the new league season begins March 13.

That’s a real AND cap savings of more than $15 million in salary and bonus that won’t be paid or count if they trade him before March 18. (No trades are permitted before March 13, so they would have a five-day window to do so.)

That brings his realistic salary cap hit down to $6 million if they trade him by then, although technically on the books it will be that $21 million-plus in “dead money.” Plus, it would eliminate him from the books forever after 2019.

if they could get a 1st round pick from the niners or jet who pick 2 and 3 this year i am all for it. they would have their pick of nick bosa or josh allen and send Dupree packin.
 they could then move up in the top 10 with their other 1st and second and land ILB kevin white  Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 1647293567

hah...of course ed would like to see antonio go after antonio called him "fake news" ... Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 1797695198
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 9:33 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

is't this one of the worst raciest names one black person could call another black person? well old school.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 9:38 pm

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 9:57 pm

This was one of the wildest days I've remember as a Steeler fan, and not in a good way. The local media was all over this story, Mark Madden went ballistic on his show, non-players fighting with non-players...

The thing that Tomlin said, and everyone seems to agree with, is there is time to sort all this out.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 10:06 pm

AB was on Fox's new show The Masked Singer.

How ironic. Don't 'ya think?
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 10:45 pm

I'm so over this already. We are the laughing stock of the league at the moment, thanks to all of this drama.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 11:20 pm

Just when you thought it couldn't get crazier ...

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 1:37 am

I'm starting to think the Steelers should part ways with AB. The way he's acting right now is patently ridiculous. While I don't always agree with Ryan Clark, that's a former Steelers player and a pretty damned good one at that. Unlike AB, Clark has a Super Bowl Ring. He's earned the right to say his peace and AB calling him an "Uncle Tom" is beyond childish.

Honestly I'm getting sick of guys like AB and Le'Veon Bell. They put themselves ahead of the team. They're more worried about their money and personal accolades and statistics than they are about winning championships. That's not the kind of players that Pittsburgh has won championships with in the past.

As much as AB is to blame for his own actions, Mike Tomlin is also to blame for letting things get out of control. While he did make AB sit out for the Bengals game for not showing up to practice, it was too little, and too late. That's why we have our star WR acting like a child and openly defying his team and his coach in the mainstream sports media, and on social media. Tomlin said it best himself, when questioned during the press conference about social media, he said he didn't care about social media. Well Coach T, if you did care, you'd of shut this BS down years ago instead of letting these guys run their mouths off constantly creating drama and distractions that have very obviously been detrimental to the success of your football team. Now things have come to a head, and it's worse than it's ever been because your players run the show, not you.

I think the Rooney's need to clean house honestly. Fire Tomlin, and Fire Butler. Keep Fichtner, and either look at a replacement HC or promote Mike Munchak to HC and see what he can do. The Steelers need to get back to being the Steelers. Jesse James said the Steelers are the "Kardashians" and that's the sad truth. The Steelers are a soap opera drama, and they're embarrassing themselves and the fanbase. I don't think I've ever been as disappointed in this team personally, as I am right now.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 4:49 am

Wallace108 wrote:

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 3562723908 Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 3562723908 That's good.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 7:01 am

Wallace108 wrote:

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 2573146105 Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 2573146105

Brilliant!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 8:29 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I'm starting to think the Steelers should part ways with AB. The way he's acting right now is patently ridiculous. While I don't always agree with Ryan Clark, that's a former Steelers player and a pretty damned good one at that. Unlike AB, Clark has a Super Bowl Ring. He's earned the right to say his peace and AB calling him an "Uncle Tom" is beyond childish.

Honestly I'm getting sick of guys like AB and Le'Veon Bell. They put themselves ahead of the team. They're more worried about their money and personal accolades and statistics than they are about winning championships. That's not the kind of players that Pittsburgh has won championships with in the past.

As much as AB is to blame for his own actions, Mike Tomlin is also to blame for letting things get out of control. While he did make AB sit out for the Bengals game for not showing up to practice, it was too little, and too late. That's why we have our star WR acting like a child and openly defying his team and his coach in the mainstream sports media, and on social media. Tomlin said it best himself, when questioned during the press conference about social media, he said he didn't care about social media. Well Coach T, if you did care, you'd of shut this BS down years ago instead of letting these guys run their mouths off constantly creating drama and distractions that have very obviously been detrimental to the success of your football team. Now things have come to a head, and it's worse than it's ever been because your players run the show, not you.

I think the Rooney's need to clean house honestly. Fire Tomlin, and Fire Butler. Keep Fichtner, and either look at a replacement HC or promote Mike Munchak to HC and see what he can do. The Steelers need to get back to being the Steelers. Jesse James said the Steelers are the "Kardashians" and that's the sad truth. The Steelers are a soap opera drama, and they're embarrassing themselves and the fanbase. I don't think I've ever been as disappointed in this team personally, as I am right now.

Yes sir, that about closes this out!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 10:27 am

apparently thats why AB left at halftime. he wanted to get something to eat.
he said he was a hungry, hungry hippo
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 10:28 am

Lokki wrote:
I'm so over this already.  We are the laughing stock of the league at the moment, thanks to all of this drama.  

i actually like it and am not even close to being over it.
lots of people are getting exposed. this organization needs that
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 10:43 am

im guessing tomlin is the unicorn
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 11:53 am

Amid all the craziness the past few days, the thing that sickened me the most is all the fans on Twitter who are begging AB not to leave. They're throwing themselves at his feet and pleading with him to stay.

First of all, he's not leaving. He's not a free agent. Second of all, that kind of desperation from fans is even more embarrassing than AB's behavior. Especially since AB is showing he doesn't give a shit about the team or the fans.

Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 12:43 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Amid all the craziness the past few days, the thing that sickened me the most is all the fans on Twitter who are begging AB not to leave. They're throwing themselves at his feet and pleading with him to stay.

First of all, he's not leaving. He's not a free agent. Second of all, that kind of desperation from fans is even more embarrassing than AB's behavior. Especially since AB is showing he doesn't give a shit about the team or the fans.

they did the same thing for bell.
its amazing how many people have become fans of players instead of teams.
maybe its fantasy football or just young kids that dont know anything about the game(or life for that matter)
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 1:18 pm

muncher wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

they did the same thing for bell.
its amazing how many people have become fans of players instead of teams.
maybe its fantasy football or just young kids that dont know anything about the game(or life for that matter)

Yep. And I think it prevents them from looking at those players objectively. It's OK to be a homer for the team and cheer for the players that help the team win, but I advise against being a homer for a player. Unless all you care about is fantasy football of course.

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 2:33 pm

This is part of an article by Ray Fittipaldo at Post Gazette on AB trade possibilities. Interesting read. Maybe I'm not seeing this as others do but wouldn't think other teams would offer this much. They'd mostly be good trades for the Steelers though.

1. Raiders
Why it’s makes sense for the Raiders: After finishing 4-12 the Raiders will be looking to make some major improvements as they prepare to make the move to Las Vegas. Brown is just the type of player who can immediately help the Raiders offense and quarterback Derek Carr, and he can sell tickets in Sin City.

Trade capital: 10 picks in the 2019 draft, including Nos. 4, 25, 27 and 35.

Potential trade: Brown to the Raiders for the No. 4 overall in 2019, or the 25th and 27th picks.

2. Cardinals
Why it’s makes sense for the Cardinals: Larry Fitzgerald is getting older and could retire, so they’ll need a new No. 1 receiver for rookie quarterback Josh Rosen. Rosen, Brown and running back David Johnson could be a formidable trio in the NFC West. The Cardinals also can rid themselves of a player that no longer wants to play for them. Cornerback Patrick Peterson requested a trade in the middle of this past season.
Trade capital: Patrick Peterson and seven picks in the 2019 draft, including the No. 1 overall pick.

Potential trade: Brown to the Cardinals for Peterson and the No. 33 pick in the 2019 draft. Peterson, who will turn 29 in July, has two years left on his contract with base salaries of $11 million in 2019 and $12 million in 2020.

3. Jets
Why it’s makes sense for the Jets: They’ll be starting fresh with a new coach who will covet an outside weapon for Sam Darnold, who just completed his rookie season. And don’t discount the idea of embattled general manager Mike Maccagnan wanting to make a sexy move that could put him in better position to keep his job going forward. Also, the Jets have $106 million in salary cap space in 2019 so they could easily take on Brown’s contract and could even sweeten it if they want to make him happier.
Trade capital: Five picks in 2019 draft, including the No. 3 overall pick.

Potential trade: Brown to the Jets for the No. 3 overall pick.

4. 49ers
Why it’s makes sense for the 49ers: Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo is in desperate need of a No. 1 receiver. The 49ers, who were 4-12 without Garoppolo, could view Brown as the player they need to compete with the Rams and Seahawks in a wildly competitive NFC West.
Trade capital: Six picks in the 2019 draft, including the No. 2 overall selection.

Potential trade: Brown to the 49ers for the No. 2 pick in the 2019 draft.

5. Dolphins
Why it’s makes sense for the Dolphins: Brown is a Miami native and the Dolphins need a No. 1 receiver. Owner Steven Ross just fired coach Adam Gase and will be looking to upgrade his roster. The Dolphins have waded in NFL mediocrity for most of the past decade, hovering between 7 and 10 wins since 2009. Brown is the type of player who can elevate a franchise from middle-of-the-pack to contender, and he could be motivated to sign another contract with the Dolphins because it’s home.
Trade capital: Cornerback Xavien Howard and seven picks in the 2019 draft.

Potential trade: Brown to the Dolphins for Howard, one of the top young corners in the league, and the No. 13 overall pick.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/01/03/antonio-brown-trade-possibilities-steelers-news/stories/201901030111

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 4:49 pm

ill take any of those, probably less
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 8:40 pm

Get a 1st rounder for him and I am happy. Get rid of the turd. He is jealous of Juju winning MVP from the team voting. Him not getting the votes should be a wake up call and he should take a look in the mirror but he wont he is way too much of a narcissist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early
Page 3 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next