Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAntonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early

Go down 
+20
vasteeler
Shalieve5090
SteelCity4Life
JPPT1974
kirklandrules
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelerFreak58
Drizztbob
stlrtruck
Gingerchip
Stella Nation
solardave
Lokki
effyou515
jak341
IowaSteeler927
Great Randino
Mach1
Wallace108
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 3:08 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Glad he's gone. It's likely the Raiders are hating this move by December
I was hoping for a 2nd, but honestly, I'm just glad he's gone. Now let's hope Bell signs with someone as soon as possible and we're done with both of the assholes.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 5:48 am

If I want to make money with poker I only need to invite Rooney and Colbert.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 5:51 am

This entire situation is a disgrace. It totally destroyed ANY credibility Colbert had with us fans. A trade wouldn't happen that didn't benefit the team? Sorry but a 3 & 5 doesn't exactly benefit the team.
I know we couldn't keep this guy for obvious reasons but Colbert tapped out on this one.

Bell is gone too with little or no compensation. Don't get me wrong I am glad they're both out of here but our FO chewed off their arm to do it. We now have piss poor management on and off the field. We are slowly but surely becoming the laughing stock of the NFL. I'm sitting here shaking my head in wonder how anyone could have screwed this situation up any more than it is. At this point I think Colbert and Art II would take that as a challenge.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 5:54 am

now AB can be the #1 center of attention WR again without JUJU stealing his thunder. Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 3562723908
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 6:20 am

Stella Nation wrote:
If I want to make money with poker I only need to invite Rooney and Colbert.

I don't play poker because I'm not very good at it but against these 2 I'd bet the farm.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 8:06 am

A 3rd and a 5th. Far less than we would have gotten if Brown had kept quiet. I see the word fleeced being used a lot. I tend to agree.

I'm glad it's over. I don't want to hear about Brown for a long time.

But...the culture that led to Brown melting down is still there. That has not been addressed.

This ESPN article details what happened very well. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26186487/grading-antonio-brown-trade-steelers-raiders-won
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 11:20 am

I have mixed feelings right now. On the one hand, I'm glad he's gone and this drama is over. On the other hand, I'm highly disappointed they couldn't get one of the Raiders' 3 first-round picks. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised ... Art II rarely comes out looking like he knows what he's doing. We should demand that Art II be traded for another Rooney.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 11:46 am

Fowler isn't wrong. We've spent several months calling AB an idiot. In the end, he won.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 12:20 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Fowler isn't wrong. We've spent several months calling AB an idiot. In the end, he won.

he didn't win shit going to the Raiders because Gruden is going to f'up them up more then they are now. Steelers turned a 6th round draft choice into a 3rd and 5th round.

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 12:38 pm

Like a root canal, it's nice to have that behind us.
Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 273451046
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 12:44 pm

In the end, the Steelers won, Brown won and the Raiders lost. We successfully removed a cancer that's been eating at our insides, saved a little cap $, and even got 2 draft picks out of it.

Brown won because he got $20m more (the only thing he cares about anymore).

The Raiders lost. Two draft picks, $50M, and they just got diagnosed with terminal cancer. That dude they just got is bat-shit crazy.

PS. He's no longer a top 5 receiver. Mark my words. He used to be. Now he's just a clown and sideshow.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 12:52 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
In the end, the Steelers won, Brown won and the Raiders lost.  We successfully removed a cancer that's been eating at our insides, saved a little cap $, and even got 2 draft picks out of it.

The Raiders lost.  Two draft picks, $50M, and they just got diagnosed with terminal cancer.  That dude they just got is bat-shit crazy.

PS. He's no longer a top 5 receiver.  Mark my words.  He used to be.  Now he's just a clown and sideshow.

The Steelers will have won when the WR they pick in the 5th round this year becomes a HOF!
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 1:30 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
In the end, the Steelers won, Brown won and the Raiders lost.  We successfully removed a cancer that's been eating at our insides, saved a little cap $, and even got 2 draft picks out of it.

The Raiders lost.  Two draft picks, $50M, and they just got diagnosed with terminal cancer.  That dude they just got is bat-shit crazy.

PS. He's no longer a top 5 receiver.  Mark my words.  He used to be.  Now he's just a clown and sideshow.

The Steelers will have won when the WR they pick in the 5th round this year becomes a HOF!
Dude we already won. You just don't recognize it yet.

Cancer cured.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 1:38 pm

Disagree. AB is the only winner. He got out, and was financially rewarded. The Raiders didn't win, but they didn't lose either. They are not a Superbowl team; they may be a fringe playoff team with Brown. By the time their rebuild is done, Brown may be a shadow of himself. Makes you wonder why the Raiders even gave up a 3rd and 5th.

The Steelers are the big losers. A rare, generational talent left without a proven replacement. JuJu may be a suitable replacement, but we've seen one game with JuJu as the #1: 5 for 37 yards and a TD. We don't have a #2 either, and Washington isn't it (with how raw Washington is, it makes you wonder if he was drafted for Mason, and not for Ben). Coupled with the fact we have 20 million in dead cap space, a top free agent signing probably won't happen.

Between this and Bell leaving, the talent drain isn't going to be fixed in 1 year, or even 2. Team first, good character players only take you so far. You need talent too.

If there is a talent / depth drain, does it even make sense to extend Ben as expected?

And the culture problem that led us here still exists. AB leaving only takes out the person who is talking about it.

nine vegetable wrote:

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 2:37 pm

nine vegetable wrote:

Every bit of this...time to change that signature Wally!

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 2:38 pm

2 months ago this would have been shocking. The way this thing was going it seemed like they might have been forced to release him and allow him to be a free agent which would have been his ultimate victory. Either that or they get a 6. To get 2 picks, and a 3, seem a real positive at this point.

Although he wins financially I don't see this as a happy ending for him. Trouble will follow him like it did Moss and TO and I don't think he will experience the same success there. The raiders have top draft picks and they sign free agents every year, the results inevitably are the same for them. Without success and getting the ball someone else can deal with his media circus and locker room cancer.

My worry as a Steeler fan is not losing him or his brief victory at this point. It is the disturbing trend going here. I don't see Colbert with much blame. I think it comes down more to the culture these guys are living in. That needs to change whether it be Tomlin, Rooney, or combination. This is not Steelers football. Hopefully they learn from this, and the recent trend, and we get back to being a model organization.

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 3:07 pm

Good article from Ron Cook at Post Gazette:

Quote :

Ron Cook: Is the Antonio Brown deal as one-sided as it seems?

It’s easy to say Antonio Brown won and the Steelers lost. Brown is getting what he wanted from the Oakland Raiders — a new, bigger contract with more guaranteed money. The Steelers are getting little in return for their greatest wide receiver in franchise history — third- and fifth-round draft picks.

It looks so one-sided.

I guess I’m looking at it a little differently.

It’s hard to say the Steelers will be better without Brown, but I think there is a chance. You don’t win championships with selfish, me-first players who think they are bigger than the team. The Steelers didn’t win a Super Bowl with Brown, right? He is a bad guy. They might not be better on the field without him, but they’ll be better in the locker room. With this team at this time, that’s important.

The reported trade return for Brown actually is better than what I expected. Other teams saw his erratic behavior the past few seasons. They weren’t blind to it. One longtime NFL general manager told the Post-Gazette’s Ed Bouchette and me at the Super Bowl that he would offer a sixth-round pick for Brown or maybe a conditional fifth-round choice depending on his and the team’s success. That was before Brown devastated his trade value even more on social media and in interviews with HBO and ESPN last weekend when he vowed his new team would “play by my rules.” Apparently, he scared off all but one team.

Thank goodness for the Raiders, who are desperate for a star.

Thank goodness for Jon Gruden, who clearly believes he can handle, if not change, Brown’s hurtful behavior, which, in the past few weeks, included personal attacks of Art Rooney II, Kevin Colbert, Mike Tomlin and Ben Roethlisberger.

Good luck to both the team and the coach.

I get the Raiders’ interest in Brown. They are moving to Las Vegas as soon as the 2020 season if the new stadium there is ready. They need a headliner. I also get Gruden’s willingness to take a gamble. When you are one year into a 10-year, $100 million contract, why not take a risk on a 31-year-old receiver with more baggage than a cruise ship? Really, what do you have to lose?

But would it really surprise you if the Raiders are the biggest losers in this Brown trade?

I’m not even sure Brown is a winner here.

There’s no doubt Brown won in terms of dollars. He found a team foolish enough to tear up his Steelers contract with three years and $38.9 million left and give him a new three-year deal worth up to $54.125 million, according to ESPN. His guaranteed money reportedly is $30.125 million.

That’s what Brown wanted most. That’s why he was so eager to get out of Pittsburgh. It had nothing to do with Roethlisberger or Tomlin. It always was about the money.

“AB can’t do no more unguarantees,” he said famously a few weeks ago.

That’s why I’m sure Brown is, as they say, laughing all the way to the bank. I’m also certain he isn’t the least bit concerned about joining one of the more laughably inept teams in the NFL. The Raiders went 4-12 last season, although they did somehow beat the Steelers and ruin their season. It was their 15th non-winning season in the past 16 years. They’ve made the playoffs just once since 2002.
I doubt Brown will care much if the Raiders continue to lose. He wants to win like every player, but that desire doesn’t drive him nearly as much as his craving for money and fame. I’ve always believed he would be happier with 10 catches for 180 yards and two touchdowns in a loss than four catches for 40 yards in a win.

That’s why Brown could end up being unhappy with the Raiders. No less than Larry Fitzgerald scolded him earlier this month for not appreciating what he had in Roethlisberger as a quarterback. It was the old be-careful-what-you-wish-for thing. “It can get tough out there [without a great one],” Fitzgerald said.

Brown is leaving Roethlisberger — a first-ballot Hall of Famer — for Derek Carr, who is considerably less as a quarterback and is more known for challenging a couple of ESPN analysts to a fight than for anything he’s done on the field. Carr failed to finish above the league average in yards per attempt in all of his five NFL seasons.

We’ll see how many catches and touchdowns Brown has with the Raiders. We’ll see how many sideline tantrums he throws when the ball doesn’t come his way enough. We’ll see how long it takes before his shameless narcissism poisons his new team.

I’m guessing it won’t take long.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/03/10/antonio-brown-trade-raiders-steelers-ben-roethlisberger/stories/201903110040

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 3:29 pm

I agree with jak and disagree with the notion that the Steelers won in any way. Here's our 3rd and 5th round picks in the Tomlin era ...

2007: Matt Spaeth, Cameron Stephenson, William Gay
2008: Bruce Davis, Dennis Dixon
2009: Keenan Lewis, Joe Burnett, Frank Summers
2010: Emmanuel Sanders, Chris Scott, Crezdon Butler
2011: Curtis Brown, Chris Carter
2012: Sean Spence, Chris Rainey
2013: Markus Wheaton, Terry Hawthorne
2014: Dri Archer, Shaquille Richardson, Wesley Johnson
2015: Sammie Coates, Jesse James
2016: Javon Hargrave
2017: James Conner, Brian Allen
2018: Mason Rudolph, Chukwuma Okorafor, Marcus Allen, Jaylen Samuels

Not a lot of Hall of Famers in that list. The jury is still out on the last few draft classes, but out of 29 picks, only 4 of them have had at least a somewhat meaningful career (Sanders, Gay, James, Hargrave). Most of the rest were total busts or didn't have much impact at the NFL level. Based on our draft history in the Tomlin era, we more than likely gave AB away for nothing.

As for the addition by subtraction theory, I'm not sure that applies here since Brown is more a symptom of the problems rather than the cause. I think most of us agree that lack of discipline and accountability has been a huge problem. Allowing AB (and possibly Bell) to benefit by essentially sabotaging the team does nothing to fix that problem. In fact, it makes it worse. Blunt, Harrison, AB, and Bell have set the precedent that if you want out of Pittsburgh, do something detrimental to the team. Rather than being punished, you'll get your way. The Steelers could have sent a strong message to the other players that doing things that hurt the team won't pay off. Instead, they sent the opposite message ... hurt the team and you'll get what you want.

vasteeler wrote:
time to change that signature Wally!

I have to put a lot of thought into a new sig. My curse rivals Madden's. Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 190127080

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 5:09 pm

Meanwhile ...

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 5:28 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Meanwhile ...

Man you gotta love Ju Ju. I hope he stays just like he is and is a Steeler for a long career

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 6:02 pm

Fuck it then, fire the whole god damned team. Cut everyone, fire all the coaches, get rid of the front office, if this is really a culture problem. Apparently the new Rooney is trash and learned nothing from the old Rooney.

I'm not looking forward to following this team anymore. Someone has their head up their ass in this organization right now.

Then to say if they don't get something good for Brown they won't trade him, but the answer is a 3rd round pick and 5th? Should've just benched his ass for a while. No, we'll just give him what he wants.

If you're telling me this team's offense was just Brown and Bell, then this team is even more fucked that I thought it was.

Looks like Rooney needs replaced.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 7:50 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
I have mixed feelings right now. On the one hand, I'm glad he's gone and this drama is over. On the other hand, I'm highly disappointed they couldn't get one of the Raiders' 3 first-round picks. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised ... Art II rarely comes out looking like he knows what he's doing. We should demand that Art II be traded for another Rooney.
to add injury to insult , they got pick #141 (5th rd) from the raiders, who also have pick #140 ... Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 1505004552
i can't believe they couldn't do any better than a 5th. not even a 3rd and 4th ? Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 2625562446
i'm not gloating , but i have been warning you guys for over a month now to not get your trade expectations too high ... Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 2672159185
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 8:22 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
to add injury to insult , they got pick #141 (5th rd) from the raiders, who also have pick #140 ... Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 1505004552
i can't believe they couldn't do any better than a 5th. not even a 3rd and 4th ?  Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 2625562446
i'm not gloating , but i have been warning you guys for over a month now to not get your trade expectations too high ... Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 2672159185

I blame MoP for this debacle. Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 131212936

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 8:32 pm

How Antonio Brown's spat with the Steelers was all about money – and Odell Beckham

In late February of 2017 – in one of the social media time capsules that often illustrate the fleeting stability of NFL relationships and contracts – Antonio Brown was resolute. Fresh on the heels of a four-year, $68 million contract extension that briefly made him the highest-paid wideout in the NFL, he announced his stay in Pittsburgh as permanent.

“Steelers for life #Boomin”, Brown tweeted that Feb. 27, above a smiling photo of himself and agents Drew and Jason Rosenhaus.

Barely two years later, Brown went to Instagram for his change of heart – same agents, less impressive attire, entirely different message. Captioned “At work”, Brown snapped a photo of the two men hovering over a laptop and binder and calculator, both apparently trying to free him from that previous “for life” proclamation.

Inside that flip-flopping timeline, which ultimately ended with Brown’s unofficial trade to the Oakland Raiders, there is one important person missing. The change agent that mattered most, really. More so than quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, coach Mike Tomlin or any member of the Rooney family. That person?

Odell Beckham Jr. And most specifically, his money.

If Steelers fans are looking for the factor most responsible for the exit of Brown, they should affix themselves on Beckham and the market-setting contract extension he signed with the New York Giants in the summer of 2018. Because as much time as we spent talking about Brown’s social media antics or his relationship within the

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/how-antonio-browns-spat-with-the-steelers-was-all-about-money-and-odell-beckham-jr-202342750.html

I'm pretty much done with pro football still watch the Steelers but not much of the other teams
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 8:48 pm

Fuck that cancer. Glad his bitch ass is gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early
Page 17 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next