Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDraft 2024 - Page 5 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Draft 2024

Go down 
+3
Great Randino
Master_Of_Puppets
Stella Nation
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Draft 2024 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft 2024   Draft 2024 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 5:09 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
ok fellas. we are all over opinionated bastards here. so what pick(s), would you have liked to seen a different player that was still on the board after the pick was made ?

you can go to NFL.COM and use the draft tracker to see who was still on the board.

for me it was round 4. i had absolutely zero problem taking a guard.
i;m a proactive kinda dude. i like to head potential problems off before they become problems. i fix shit that aint broken.....yet
after this season both herbig and daniels are free agents. i'm not in favor of giving either a new contract especially one that pays them more money. i think both are being overpaid as it is.
drafting a guard for insurance was a good idea. BUT...in my worthless opinion, they drafted the wrong guard.
daniels obviously can play center, and herbig allegedly can play center. he has logged a career grand total of 47 NFL snaps at center for the eagles.
my guess is if the center ever went down, daniels moves to center and herbig plays right guard.

the new guy...has never played center and all of his college snaps have been at LG. he had a nice showing at the combine in drills, although he skipped the bench press. something to hide ? Draft 2024 - Page 5 3135543967

anyway the chiefs snagged the guy i would have taken in the 5th rd, for the same reason. to be the swing interior linemen,
that guy was penn states CENTER  hunter nourad.

2019 (Cornell): Second-team All-Ivy League. Started all 10 games at RT.
   2020 (Cornell): School did not play due to COVID-19 concerns.
   2021 (Cornell): First-team All-Ivy League. Started all 10 games at RT.
   2022: Honorable Mention All-Big Ten Conference. Started 8 of 11 games played at LG.
   2023: Second-team All-Big Ten Conference. Started all 13 games at C.
dude has gotten recognition at 3 different positions. how does he not scratch tomlins flexibility itch ?

NFL.COM had a grade on him off 6.19
their grade for South Dakota state ?  McCormick was 5.86

Hard to argue against your points. Weidle, Khan and crew obviously saw something to take the kid from the smaller school. Can't say what. Everything you posted tells me I want Nourad... I will of course leave that to the professionals to show me why they get paid a lot more then I do.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Draft 2024   Draft 2024 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 6:23 pm

The more I keep finding on this Payton Wilson kid the more I am liking. Seems they are saying he may have been the best ILB of the draft and a steal for the Steelers at the end of rd3. His highlight reel has me hoping we have another ILB to pair with Queen.

He doesn't have an ACL in one leg from what they are saying but he played the entire season last year and ran a 4.45 40 so that says he must not need one...

The whole draft top to bottom has me pretty stoked overall...

Who is left in FA on the DLine? Maybe time to make a call or two?

Stella Nation and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Draft 2024   Draft 2024 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 8:15 pm

a common thing i noticed from watching the interviews from the first 4 picks , is they all seem like genuine high character , likeable, humble dudes. they all even speak proper english. Draft 2024 - Page 5 1647293567

solardave, Stella Nation, SteelerFreak58 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Draft 2024   Draft 2024 - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 7:07 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
the guard pick may seem odd now, but it might make sense next year when daniels and herbigs contracts expire in march . one of my pet peeves in the past was the way they wait till the last minute to look for replacements.
i dont know shit about McCormick, i was just surprised because NFL.com had about 6 other guards still on the board graded higher than him. of course there is things like scheme fit that need to be considered.

He was the best guard available in Daniel Jeremiah's top 150 prospects on nfl.com at #101. In fact, he was one of the top 10 prospects availble when the Steelers picked him.
https://www.nfl.com/news/best-prospects-available-in-the-2024-nfl-draft

I wouldn't have mind Nourzad either as I was very high on him as I mentioned him earlier. But if it was up to me I would've taken Kris Abrams-Draine, an outstanding slot CB who would've been an immediate starter there, #72 on Johnson's list.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Draft 2024   Draft 2024 - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 12:06 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
The more I keep finding on this Payton Wilson kid the more I am liking. Seems they are saying he may have been the best ILB of the draft and a steal for the Steelers at the end of rd3.  His highlight reel has me hoping we have another ILB to pair with Queen.

He doesn't have an ACL in one leg from what they are saying but he played the entire season last year and ran a 4.45 40 so that says he must not need one...

Who needs ACL's? ACL's are OVERRATED! Draft 2024 - Page 5 3798349058

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Draft 2024   Draft 2024 - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 5:00 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
The more I keep finding on this Payton Wilson kid the more I am liking. Seems they are saying he may have been the best ILB of the draft and a steal for the Steelers at the end of rd3.  His highlight reel has me hoping we have another ILB to pair with Queen.

I read that the ACL thing is completely unfounded. He has an injury history for sure but there is nothing out there to concretely say he has no ACL.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Draft 2024   Draft 2024 - Page 5 EmptyWed May 01, 2024 3:08 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I read that the ACL thing is completely unfounded. He has an injury history for sure but there is nothing out there to concretely say he has no ACL.

He was cleared by one of the top medical people in the field and the team doctors cleared him in extensive reviews and they cleared him as well. He played all of the games his Junior and Senior year of college. I think we have someone that can contribute pretty quickly if he picks up the Defense fast.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Draft 2024   Draft 2024 - Page 5 EmptyWed May 01, 2024 7:55 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

He was cleared by one of the top medical people in the field and the team doctors cleared him in extensive reviews and they cleared him as well. He played all of the games his Junior and Senior year of college. I think we have someone that can contribute pretty quickly if he picks up the Defense fast.
At some point, don't you wonder what a guy has to do to shake the "injury-issue" label? We're talking about a guy that didn't miss a game in the last 2 years and he still fell in the draft. Regardless, glad he's on our team now.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Draft 2024   Draft 2024 - Page 5 EmptyThu May 02, 2024 3:21 am

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

At some point, don't you wonder what a guy has to do to shake the "injury-issue" label?  We're talking about a guy that didn't miss a game in the last 2 years and he still fell in the draft.  Regardless, glad he's on our team now.

I'm definitely happy we got him. I feel like with Queen, Holcomb, Roberts, and Wilson we've finally got a great group of ILBs. This defense has a chance to be great this season. We've got ILBs that can run, cover, and get after the QB. We've got elite level edge defenders, we're stronger at the S position, and JPJ is in his second year now after an extremely impressive rookie season. Only question marks really are the other CBs opposite of JPJ but with our pass rush that's going to make things a lot easier on the DBs. The D-Line is pretty solid too and Cam is finally at 100% after that groin injury he suffered last season. I can't wait for training camp.

I still want to see this team add a WR though. Just not sold on anyone outside of George Pickens. Too early to tell on Roman Wilson as he's a rookie and the rest of the WRs are not really awe inspiring IMO.

Stella Nation wrote:
Wow, Falcons going QB after giving Cousins a $100M guaranteed contract...

That's such a bizarre move. On one hand I can see it, Cousins is at the end of his career so if you really, really like MPJ then why not snag him and try to secure your future? On the other hand it doesn't help the team right now, and when you bring in a guy of Cousins talent/ability it would appear you're trying to "win now" and drafting a young QB to groom with a 1st Round pick just doesn't seem to help the team right now.

I guess I can see both sides. Falcons fans seem pretty pissed in general, but looking at it from a non-fan, unbiased perspective I guess I don't have as much of a problem with it. Need a gameplan for life after Cousins and they had a chance to get their next guy in a QB rich draft class. A lot of people said the same things about the Packers drafting Jordan Love but look at him now.

Stella Nation and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Draft 2024   Draft 2024 - Page 5 EmptySun May 05, 2024 8:02 am

Being from NC, I got to hear plenty about Payton Wilson. Definitely has a reputation as an ass Kicker. I agree with the idea that someone who played the last 2 seasons injury free shouldn't be labeled as injury prone. His body has changed significantly since his first two college years.

As for missing an ACL, must not be a problem because Hines Ward doesn't have an ACL in his left knee and it didn't seem to hold him back.

Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Draft 2024   Draft 2024 - Page 5 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 1:55 pm

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Who needs ACL's?  ACL's are OVERRATED!  Draft 2024 - Page 5 3798349058

In this day and age brains are overrated.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft 2024   Draft 2024 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft 2024
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5