Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain Empty
PostSubject: Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain   Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:19 pm

ESPN.com news services

Ben Roethlisberger has a sprained left foot, team sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen. The sources, however, would not speculate on the quarterback's status for the Pittsburgh Steelers' game Sunday against the Tennessee Titans.

A scan performed Monday on Roethlisberger's left foot was negative for a fracture, the sources said. An MRI on Sunday had indicated a possible fracture but the test was inconclusive because of swelling in the foot.

Roethlisberger on Sunday said his foot was injured on the second-to-last series of the Steelers' 17-10 loss to the Houston Texans when he was tackled from behind. He remained in the game but had trouble walking afterward in the locker room.

He was wearing a walking boot when he left the stadium.

He had an X-ray after the game, but said Sunday he didn't know the results.

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7054209/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-sprained-foot-status-vs-tennessee-titans-unclear

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain   Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain 1426860608 Thank you for Ben's foot not being broken. That's the last thing we need.

What was scary as hell was when I thought his knee was toast in the 4th quarter on that roughing the passer play.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain   Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 4:19 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain 1426860608 Thank you for Ben's foot not being broken. That's the last thing we need.

What was scary as hell was when I thought his knee was toast in the 4th quarter on that roughing the passer play.

That shit was scary. He's taken 2 shots like that in consecutive weeks.

How many more of those do you think he survives? No

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain   Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:16 pm

From the PG:

Roethlisberger's status for next Sunday's game against Tennessee at Heinz Field has yet to be determined.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11276/1179488-100.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1ZkuIIKUV
--------------------------

I'd be really surprised if Ben doesn't play. But if by some chance he doesn't, Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain 294855916

Batch will get killed. Although with Dixon, he might be more effective. With his running ability, teams would have to play him differently than they do Ben. And no, I'm not suggesting we bench Ben in favor of Dixon. Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain 1664291743

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain   Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
From the PG:

Roethlisberger's status for next Sunday's game against Tennessee at Heinz Field has yet to be determined.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11276/1179488-100.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1ZkuIIKUV
--------------------------

I'd be really surprised if Ben doesn't play. But if by some chance he doesn't, Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain 294855916

Batch will get killed. Although with Dixon, he might be more effective. With his running ability, teams would have to play him differently than they do Ben. And no, I'm not suggesting we bench Ben in favor of Dixon. Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain 1664291743

I also think Dixon would be a better option behind this o-line than Batch. Poor Charlie will get murdered out there behind those flood gates. At least Dixon can run for his life at the snap. Hopefully, that "snap" isn't his leg. Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain 1505004552

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain   Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:54 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:

I also think Dixon would be a better option behind this o-line than Batch.

Disagree. They would send blitz packages at him every play and DD would just stand there and his face would look something like this: Shocked

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain   Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:30 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

I also think Dixon would be a better option behind this o-line than Batch.

Disagree. They would send blitz packages at him every play and DD would just stand there and his face would look something like this: Shocked

I'm not saying he's the better QB, just that he has wheels and might be able to outrun some of the pressure. Clearly, Batch is the better pure QB. I just fear for his safety because he's not really mobile at this point in his career.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain   Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:01 pm

But what if he gets rid of the ball quicker? Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain 755331329

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain   Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:05 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
But what if he gets rid of the ball quicker? Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain 755331329

I can actually see that happening. Batch definitely reads defenses better and makes quicker decisions than Ben or Dixon, but doesn't have the physical capabilities to execute as effectively. I just know that Batch is MUCH more fragile than Ben and is certain to get hit enough times to end his season quickly regardless of how quickly he gets it away. He's still going to get hit and get hurt.

Ben can take some of that type of abuse, but Charlie will have a much lower tolerance for it as will Dixon, but at least Dixon can run.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain   Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:07 pm

I'd rather have you at quarterback than Dixon. He has never impressed me and even less when he was shopping for the starting job. I may be just a BIT bias. Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain 1797695198

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain   Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:14 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
I'd rather have you at quarterback than Dixon. He has never impressed me and even less when he was shopping for the starting job. I may be just a BIT bias. Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain 1797695198

How much does it pay? Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain 755331329

I think my blubber could help me take a few of those hits for the right amount of money. Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain 2981382511

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain   Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 am

Plus, the strong smell of urine coming from your soaked pants would make your harder to bring down, if anyone wanted to try to tackle you that is Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain 1797695198

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain   Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1