Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMost Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.

Go down 
+7
Chris43
skipJennings
SteelCityMom
Wallace108
vasteeler
JonM229
Buddha Bus
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
vasteeler

vasteeler

Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:35 am

another good one buddha. im not familiar with these guys but i do like what you posted. that to me is the best part of the internet. i can go home DL it tonight if i dont like it i can delete it. doesnt cost a dime!!!

although my wife is convinced i am going to go to jail over it Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 1549491426
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:45 pm

vasteeler wrote:
another good one buddha. im not familiar with these guys but i do like what you posted. that to me is the best part of the internet. i can go home DL it tonight if i dont like it i can delete it. doesnt cost a dime!!!

although my wife is convinced i am going to go to jail over it Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 1549491426

Yeah, I really liked this band. I just wish they had recorded a couple more albums when they reformed. What could have been....

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 4:20 pm

I'm not the biggest hip-hop fan in the world, but I do like some. Case in point, 2 Skinnee J's. My friends and I used to go see them all the time around the Baltimore area and they put on one of the most fun live shows you'd ever see. They were from New York and had an actual band that they toured and recorded with. They even had a guy they paid to stand on stage and just look cool named A.J. "Stumpy" Johnson who would just chill during a whole live set and do his special dance in the middle of one song while everyone chanted "Smack that ass, Stump!". I included a video of just such a Stumpy dance occasion at the end. Great live band!

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Rocket From the Crypt took punk music and cranked it up to 11. They were also able to incorporate a sax and trumpet without sounding like a shitty Ska band.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 4:26 am

JonM229 wrote:
Rocket From the Crypt took punk music and cranked it up to 11. They were also able to incorporate a sax and trumpet without sounding like a shitty Ska band.

Good band, Jon. I particularly like these two songs myself.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 10:33 pm

I just got done writing these guys up in the "Favorite Albums" thread and I think they apply here for me as well. Check them out. Definitely underappreciated. Mike Patton is a god.

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 10:47 pm

Nobody has posted any hip-hop artists yet...so I might as well introduce one that I've come to love. I'm extremely disappointed that I can't find a full version of this first song though, cause it just makes me want to shake my money maker all over the place. I'm fixin' on buying there stuff sometime soon though. They're awesome.

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 10:55 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
Nobody has posted any hip-hop artists yet...

Wrong! I posted 2 Skinnee J's on page two. You are now hereby Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 2605256118 Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 1797695198

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 11:37 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

Wrong! I posted 2 Skinnee J's on page two. You are now hereby Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 2605256118 Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 1797695198

Haha, sorry...completely missed that!

Checked them out...they are awesome! :insertnonmetaldancesmileyhere:

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 11:50 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

Haha, sorry...completely missed that!

Checked them out...they are awesome! :insertnonmetaldancesmileyhere:

It's all good. I do the same shit all the time. Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 1797695198

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 11:57 pm

MC Chris rules. Nerrrrrdcore 4eva. Hottest nerd on Earth.

(2:32 and on makes me want to do...ummmm...bad things)

Braaaaaaiiiiiinnnnssss!

Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 1557163439

And, he is f'ing amazing live....so much fun to see his shows.

This is my favorite live performance of his (Rats). Just makes me want to jump up and dance.

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:14 am

SteelCityMom wrote:
MC Chris rules. Nerrrrrdcore 4eva. Hottest nerd on Earth.

I'm liking what I'm hearing, SCM! Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 184121345

I'll keep it on the hip-hop tip. If you can stomach the seriously twisted, sick and fucked up lyrics, Necro is one hell of a rapper.

WARNING: EXTREMELY EXPLICIT LYRICS!

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:31 am

Necro is freaking awesome. I love him.

If you like them you'll like Jedi Mind Tricks and Ill Bill.

"Without chaos, nothing evolves" is some of the simplest and deepest lyrics you'll ever hear.

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:40 am

SteelCityMom wrote:
Necro is freaking awesome. I love him.

If you like them you'll like Jedi Mind Tricks and Ill Bill.

"Without chaos, nothing evolves" is some of the simplest and deepest lyrics you'll ever hear.

This sounds good too! I'm going to keep posting some hip-hop in the "What are you listening to now" thread. I'm not sure I have anything else that qualifies for this thread.

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:11 am

SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:23 am

Jason and Jaimie from Acumen Nation

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 5:51 pm

Another kick-ass stoner rock band I like is Sasquatch. They are a seriously rockin', groovy metal band from Los Angeles, California. They currently only have 3 full-length albums released ("Sasquatch", "II" and "III"), but they are solid and can get you stomping and singing along.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:14 am

i like these guys. very simple yet makes you nod your head...well me anyway

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:06 pm

Built To Spill is another great band that deserves more recognition. Their brand of catchy indie rock has been copied by several more popular bands currently on the charts.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:51 am

Another great band that should have hit it bigger was The Afghan Whigs. I love there music and Greg Dulli is a unique and gifted vocalist. His work with the Twilight Singers is really good as well. They exuded a confident, sleazy sexuality with a sense of real style and sang about gritty, real-life relationships and affairs of the heart.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:01 pm

Yet another indie rock band that I got into in the 90's. Archers Of Loaf was an indie band from Chapel Hill, NC that had a really cool "untuned" sound and catchy anthemic songs. I wish I had gotten a chance to see them more than once in concert.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:37 pm

A local Baltimore based band that never hit it big but should have were The Allmighty Senators. They were a great funk-rock band that could really get the house jumping live in concert. They had some real quirky musical talent and a real fun-time appeal to them.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:26 pm

They're certainly pretty popular, but never broke through into the mainstream. Mainly because they don't give a fuck.

It's the motherfucking Flaming Lips!

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:31 am

John Cale was one of the founding members of the Velvet Underground, along with Lou Reed. His departure after the White Light/White Heat album changed the band's sound from artsy, avant-garde rock to a more mainstream sound. He has since had moderate success (more so in Europe) going solo. He is also a producer, who worked on the debut albums for Nico, Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers, The Stooges, and Patti Smith. I think what I like best about his music is that on most tracks, there seems to be an underlying threat of violence.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 11:11 am

jon, love the flaming lips. not really familiar with john cale but i will check his stuff out later today
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.   Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Most Under-appreciated Bands/Musicians.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next