Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 6 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates

Go down 
+8
fer69
vasteeler
steelersfan87
Gingerchip
Wallace108
Buddha Bus
Bays
SteelCityMom
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
steelersfan87

Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:46 pm

Steelers injury report: Dwyer, Rainey to play; Brown, Polamalu, Gilbert out (read more)

As the Pittsburgh Steelers continue to roll on a three-game winning streak, the carousel of injuries through which they have waded continues to twirl. New to that list for the first time this season are wide receiver Antonio Brown and running back Chris Rainey.

Brown, who earned a Pro Bowl nod as a kick returner in his sophomore season last year, topping 1000 yards in both returns and receiving, suffered an ankle sprain in the first half of the Steelers’ victory last week over the New York Giants.

He has not practiced at all, and is not expected to play. Emmanuel Sanders will start in his placed and Jerricho Cotchery will play in the slot. The Steelers elected to carry only four wide receivers on their 53-man roster, however, so it is possible that they call one up from the practice squad.

Certain outlets, such as the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, has intimated that the team, which will play on Monday night this week, is expected to call up receiver David Gilreath from the practice squad, possibly on Sunday. Sanders reportedly also suggested this.

Also on the practice squad are Toney Clemons, the team’s first of four seventh round draft picks this year, and the recently signed Derek Moye, a rookie receiver who went undrafted. Tight end Jamie McCoy was released in order to sign Moye.

Rainey, who is also a rookie, suffered a rib injury after returning a kickoff in the third quarter of the Giants game. However, he has been a full participant in practice all week and is expected to play.

The diminutive back is also an accomplished receiver due to his speed and elusiveness, if not for polished route running, and has been regarded as a fifth running back slash fifth receiver by most.

However, despite this and the fact that Todd Haley rarely employs three receiver and almost never four receiver sets, reports do seem to indicate the promotion of Gilreath, who can also serve as a return man with Brown out and Rainey potentially limited, though the primary duties will fall to Sanders, who had a 63-yard punt return in the game.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Four ruled out for Monday night
Posted by Teresa Varley on November 10, 2012 – 2:57 pm

The Steelers will be without four players on Monday night when they take on the Kansas City Chiefs, including WR Antonio Brown (ankle), T Marcus Gilbert (ankle), S Troy Polamalu (calf) and LB Stevenson Sylvester (hamstring) who have all been ruled out.

Running back Rashard Mendenhall (Achilles) is doubtful, while linebacker Chris Carter (abdomen) is questionable.

The team expects to have RB Jonathan Dwyer (quadricep), RB Chris Rainey (rib) and K Shaun Suisham (left ankle) who are all probable.

(Read More:) http://blog.steelers.com/2012/11/10/four-ruled-out-for-monday-night/

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:56 pm

Steelers injury report: Mendenhall in, Big Ben, Polamalu, Brown, Gilbert out (read more)

Quote :
The Pittsburgh Steelers look to have starting running back Rashard Mendenhall back in the fold for Sunday night’s game against the Baltimore Ravens, though they will be absent several other stars.

Mendenhall, who has been the team’s leading rusher for the past three seasons, is set to make his return from an Achilles injury that has kept him sidelined for the past four weeks. He also missed the first three weeks while finishing his rehabilitation from a late-season ACL tear last season.

While he is expected to start, he is likely to be spelled by Jonathan Dwyer and Isaac Redman. He already returned from injury once this year only to aggravate his Achilles. The Steelers will need to rely on a strong running game, however, without their signal caller.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is out indefinitely with a shoulder sprain and a dislocated rib which, if he plays before it properly heals, could potentially be life-threatening. Due to the unusual nature of the injury, there is no clear timetable for his return.

However, it is almost certain that he will be out for both games between the Steelers and Ravens, which will go a long way in deciding the victor of the AFC North division. The two teams face off twice in a three-week span beginning this Sunday.

Also ruled out for the game following Friday’s practice were safety Troy Polamalu, wide receiver Antonio Brown, and right tackle Marcus Gilbert.

This will be the fifth straight game that Gilbert has missed due to a tendon injury in his ankle. The second year player’s spot has been adequately filled by rookie tackle Mike Adams, with whom the Steelers had three straight 100-yard rushers.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 7:46 am

Quote :
Neal Coolong ‏@NealCoolong
Chris Carter placed on injured-reserve, hurting #Steelers depth at outside linebacker http://

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 7:48 am

Quote :
Bob Labriola ‏@BobLabriola
ABrown, Gilbert, Troy, Ben out 4 Ravens. Sylvester quest. CBrown, Clark, Keisel, Mendenhall, Starks, Ike probable.

Quote :
For the Ravens, starting CB Jimmy Smith is out; starting DE Pernell McPhee is doubtful; DT Terrence Cody, S Christian Thompson questionable

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 5:57 pm

I don't understand why Neal Coolong thinks the depth at OLB is "hurting". They have Jason Worilds and Adrian Robinson, and Brandon Johnson and Marshall McFadden can both play outside. As can Timmons.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 6:04 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
I don't understand why Neal Coolong thinks the depth at OLB is "hurting". They have Jason Worilds and Adrian Robinson, and Brandon Johnson and Marshall McFadden can both play outside. As can Timmons.

https://twitter.com/BaysSteelers/status/269939003954958336

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:00 am

Antonio Brown (ankle) out for Pittsburgh Steelers
By Kareem Copeland
Around the League Writer
Published: Nov. 25, 2012 at 08:58 a.m.

The Pittsburgh Steelers will be without wide receiver Antonio Brown on Sunday against the Cleveland Browns, NFL.com's Aditi Kinkhabwala reported.

Brown missed the last two games with an ankle sprain, but returned to practice this week. He was listed as limited in each session.

That means Plaxico Burress, who was signed this week, should have a significant role in the offense. He could be the No. 3 receiver behind Mike Wallace and Emmanuel Sanders.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000099926/article/antonio-brown-ankle-out-for-pittsburgh-steelers

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

No surprise here. Get him ready for the Rats if possible.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:53 pm

Quote :
Tomlin is hopeful Willie Colon will start at LG. He lists Woodley (ankle) as doubtful. ABrown will pract Wed. and is "scheduled to play."

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 4:26 am

Quote :
Mike Bires ‏@mikebires
There are reports that Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor could be out for 3 to 6 weeks with that ankle/leg injury he suffered last night.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 4:27 am

Quote :
Whatever the timetable turns out to be w/ Ike's leg injury, expect his return to be on the sooner end of the estimate. That's just Ike.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:07 pm

Quote :
Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette
#Steelers Tomlin: Cotchery back, Leftwich close but might not practice this week.

Quote :
#Steelers Tomlin: A. Brown may be limited because of previous injury

Quote :
#Steelers Tomlin: Woodley is questionable

Quote :
#Steelers Tomlin: Ike right ankle fracture, out at least 2. Cortez Allen will start, C. Brown as nickel

Quote :
#Steelers Tomlin: Wallace could be limited (knee) but should play. Mike Adams out. Clark has a hip. Colon expected back for game

Quote :
#Steelers Tomlin: Will Johnson done well on concussion tests. Sanders AC, both should play

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Quote :
More injuries: Woodley is questionable; MAdams is out. OOPS: Wallace has a knee; it's Clark with the hip, but both shld be able to play

Quote :
Tomlin: We expect (Colon) back; Ike has a R ankle fracture. Out a couple of weeks. Cortez Allen to replace Ike

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:25 pm

Quote :
ABrown, Colon, Wallace return to pract Thurs. DButler (sick), Clark, Troy, Woodley among those who don't. Troy's absence not injury related

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:26 am

Quote :
Mike Bires ‏@mikebires
Probable list of Steelers also includes Willie Colon, so he'll no doubt start again at left guard with Maurkice Pouncey back at center

Quote :
Mike Bires ‏@mikebires
Many Steelers listed probable, which means they'll all play. List includes QB Ben Roethlisberger, SS Troy Polamalu, WR Emmanuel Sanders

Quote :
Mike Bires ‏@mikebires
QB Byron Leftwich (ribs) is listed as questionable. He will probably be one of the game-day inactives

Quote :
Mike Bires ‏@mikebires
Obviously, CB Ike Taylor (hairline ankle fracture) and T Mike Adams (ankle) have already been ruled out.

Quote :
Mike Bires ‏@mikebires
LB LaMarr Woodley will not play Sunday vs. Chargers

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 4:30 pm

Quote :
Mike Bires ‏@mikebires
Steelers ruled out of game in Dallas: T Mike Adams, G Willie Colon, CB Ike Taylor. CB Cortez Allen is doubtful. He will not play.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6