Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates

Go down 
+8
fer69
vasteeler
steelersfan87
Gingerchip
Wallace108
Buddha Bus
Bays
SteelCityMom
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 1:05 am

fer69 wrote:
are there any "GOOD" FB out there unsigned?

We still have Will Johnson who has reportedly looked good in training camp. I wouldn't panic and start pining for Bruce Arians' "Zero Fullback Attack" just yet. Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 1797695198

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:27 am

Lousaka Polite is a free agent.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 11:50 am

Quote :
Alan Robinson ‏@arobinson_Trib
Mike Adams has right knee wrapped. Says injury not serious. Won't give time frame for return. No surgery. miss 1 game at most.

Quote :
Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette
#steelers OT Adams says he will be back soon. R knee hurt in game. Wont say what it is but said it wont keep him out 2 weeks

Quote :
James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell
Mike Adams wouldn't reveal specifics but won't need surgery and expects to be back within 2 wks

Well that's good news. At least he won't miss much playing time. Possibly able to play extensively in the 3rd preseason game to get some reps.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Mike Adams expected to miss about two weeks   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Mike Adams expected to miss about two weeks
Posted by Josh Alper on August 12, 2012, 10:01 AM EDT

Steelers rookie left tackle Mike Adams didn’t have the best debut, allowing 2.5 sacks in nine plays before leaving with a knee injury.

The silver lining is that the knee injury isn’t considered to be particularly serious. Adams said Saturday that he expects to be back in around two weeks, a timeline that could keep him out through the team’s third preseason game. The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that Adams said he hopes to return before that game, although coach Mike Tomlin offered an even less definitive assessment by terming Adams “day-to-day.”

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/12/mike-adams-expected-to-miss-about-two-weeks/

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Steelers Depot reporting RB John Clay left practice on a cart injured.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08/steelers-rb-john-clay-leaves-sunday-practice-on-cart-after-being-injured/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers+Depot+Blog%29

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Starks making progress, but still out   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Starks making progress, but still out
Posted by Teresa Varley on August 13, 2012 – 11:03 am

Tackle Max Starks said he is gradually moving closer to returning to practice, but isn’t ready to say when he will be out on the field just yet.

“I feel good. I got a great workout in,” said Starks. “I got in the hot tub. I feel like I am closer. It’s up to the doctor’s and trainer’s discretion. Everything they have put in front of me I have done pretty well, at least in my eyes. They make their own notes. I feel like I am coming along nicely.”

Starks has been working on one of the side fields during practice with other players that are on the PUP list, pushing a little further each day.

“We have been running every day,” said Starks. “Everything has felt good. I haven’t had any setbacks or any type of swelling. I feel like I am getting along, doing more agility stuff and position specific work. We’ll see when Dr. (James) Bradley gets here and if I can do something limited, at least something individual. We’ll see.”

Coach Mike Tomlin has already ruled Starks out of Sunday night’s game against the Indianapolis Colts at Heinz Field, and Starks knows that it still is going to take a little more time to get his knee in game ready condition.

(Read More:) http://blog.steelers.com/2012/08/13/starks-making-progress-but-still-out/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Good to hear Max is getting back up to speed. We may just need him sooner than expected with Adams' injury and shaky first game play. I'm not ready to label Adams a bust or unfit to start just yet. I just like to know we have options.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:49 pm

Starks reality: He hopes to play before regular season

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/starks-reality-he-hopes-to-play-before-regular-season-648767/#ixzz23T9peWYG

Max Starks is accustomed to quick turnarounds and baptism by fire. He just isn't sure when the next round of such events will be.

All of a sudden, his return from surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament -- sustained in the January playoff loss in Denver -- has become a bigger issue after rookie left tackle Mike Adams' rocky start in the Steelers' preseason opener.

But it probably won't be an issue for Starks, who, at 30, is the old man in the offensive line. Last year, four days after being re-signed because injuries had decimated their offensive line, Starks started against Tennessee and looked as though he never had been away.

The Steelers rushed for 174 yards, their second-highest total of the season, and Ben Roethlisberger had time to throw five touchdowns in an easy victory against the Titans.

Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 Attached_videoPG VIDEO

Starks might have to do that again, only this time in the season opener in Denver. Still, he would prefer to get a little preseason warmup before he does.

"I didn't need it last year," said Starks, who is on the physically-unable-to-perform list and cannot practice until he is removed from it. "But this is a new offense. It's a lot more confusing than I thought it would be. It's the same stuff, but the names [of the plays] and the way it's called is different. I'm always going, 'Oh, this play is old such-and-such.' "

Starks has started 80 games for the Steelers in his eight years with the team and would be lending a lot of experience to a line that will start center Maurkice Pouncey, who turned 23 last month; second-year right tackle Marcus Gilbert and likely rookie David DeCastro at right guard.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/starks-reality-he-hopes-to-play-before-regular-season-648767/#ixzz23T9lO8dU

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Starks removed from PUP list   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:24 am

The Steelers are thin at left tackle, but will get a big boost today when veteran Max Starks was removed from the physically unable to perform list.

Under new CBA rules, Starks will be limited and unable to practice for three days meaning he won’t be able to practice fully until Friday when the Steelers close out camp. Starks won’t play against the Colts this weekend.

Sunday will mark seven months since Starks had the ACL repaired in his right knee. Starks injured his knee during the wild-card loss to Denver. ACL surgery typically takes 7-9 months to fully heal.

read more

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/...enr6pY.twitter

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:54 pm

Good news. I'm glad we have Starks to start the season this year with an unproven rookie manning the LT spot. I still have faith that Adams will put it together at some point this season and take the LT spot for good. I'm just not 100% certain it will be in week 1.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:26 pm

I'm not so sure Adams will start over Starks, unless of course he does something good on Sunday.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Harrison may need surgery before Steelers opener   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Harrison may need surgery before Steelers opener
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 7:47 pm
By Mike Bires

LATROBE -- The Steelers remain confident that James Harrison will be ready for the season opener. But there is a chance he may need arthroscopic surgery on his injured knee before then.

Harrison, one of the NFL’s most dominating linebackers over the past five years, has to yet to take part in a training camp practice. He’s still on the physically unable to perform list because of an irritation behind his knee cap that causes swelling.

“With the exception of this little knee thing, James is probably healthier now that he’s been in three years,” said Bill Parise, Harrison’s agent. “He’s extremely fit. He just has to get this irritation behind his knee cap cleared up. That’s what’s causing the swelling, and (the Steelers) just want to get rid of that.

“So we might even look at doing a scope of that to get it cleaned up. We’ll just have to wait see how it plays out.”

(Read More:) http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/harrison-may-need-surgery-before-steelers-opener/article_4b37012b-2cbf-5430-aff5-3bee8c1e6e35.html

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This sucks. At least it doesn't sound serious. Hopefully he can get it healed up in time for week 1.

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:12 pm

Still not overly worried. He may take a couple games to get his game feet under him, much like last year, but I think he'll be fine as long as he gets that knee taken care of. Maybe he should just get it scoped now.
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:44 pm

If it's absolutely necessary, he should have it done as soon as possible.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:40 am

I was thinking the same thing as you guys. Why wait if it's a short recovery period anyway? Get it done now and don't waste time testing it in practice.

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:31 pm

Evidently he's getting his knee examined today, so maybe he will get it cleaned out soon.
Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:49 pm

...And now they're saying he had his knee scoped today?

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08/report-james-harrison-had-knee-scope-procedure-scheduled-for-this-morning/
Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Steelers injury updates and what they means: Harrison, Redman, Starks, and others   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:49 pm

Pretty much just a quick rundown of where the team stands across the board on the injury front and what some of them could potentially mean:

Steelers injury updates: Harrison, Redman, Starks, and others (Read more)

Quote :
There are a number of Pittsburgh Steelers currently slated to be major contributors this year dealing with injuries. Here is a breakdown of some of the more significant injury related storylines from Latrobe right now.

Starting off on a positive note, offensive tackle Max Starks was removed from the Physically Unable to Perform list yesterday. Starks was signed late in July after receiving the go ahead on the medical front to begin football activities. He is approximately 7 months removed from a torn ACL that he suffered in the playoff loss to the Denver Broncos.

Due to the new CBA rules, he is not allowed to participate in full practices for three days, making his first full practice this Friday, the last day of camp. Although head coach Mike Tomlin and offensive coordinator Todd Haley have not ruled out his participation in Sunday’s game against the Indianapolis Colts, it does seem an ambitious goal.

With the seemingly mild knee injury to rookie left tackle Mike Adams sidelining him for a week or two, it is likely that Starks is set to return to his role as a starter. It was the hope that Adams would be ready to start immediately, as fellow rookie David DeCastro appears to be at right guard.

But the valuable reps he is currently missing will likely set him back far enough to rule out contributing week 1 as a likely possibility. He started the first preseason game and struggled a good deal in pass protection, allowing two and a half sacks before departing after the first quarter with the injury.
Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:50 pm

Sean Spence apparently dinged up his lower ankle today that could sideline him for a few days as well.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:23 pm

Nice updates, Dodens! I'll leave this up for a bit and then merge it with the Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Update.

The injuries are starting to pile up early for us. Let's just hope it gets that out of it's system now. We can't afford to lose Redman right now with Dwyer dinged, Clay gone, and DJ gone. Backfield's getting a little thin now.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:29 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
...And now they're saying he had his knee scoped today?

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08/report-james-harrison-had-knee-scope-procedure-scheduled-for-this-morning/

Good news. I was hoping he'd just get it over with and not delay his return further. We'll need him come the regular season... and he will be ready.

Deebo don't need no practice!

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Quote :
#steelers RB Redman tried to practice. But fell painfully on all fours as trainers attended. Hasnt returned.

Quote :
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib
David Johnson had his ACL surgery today

Quote :
Harrison agent Bill Parise just told me that Harrison was scheduled for knee surgery this morning. He said he will know more later.

Quote :
James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell
James Harrison underwent minor knee procedure. I learned it's a different issue from spring inj.

Quote :
#Steelers LB James Harrison had scope on his left knee this morning and it "went well,'' according to one source.

Quote :
Bob Labriola ‏@BobLabriola
Sean Spence is getting his right ankle/foot examined. He started practice but is now off to the side with a trainer.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:01 pm

James Harrison has scope done on ailing knee
Posted by Josh Alper on August 15, 2012, 4:29 PM EDT

On Tuesday night, Steelers linebacker James Harrison’s agent said that Harrison might need to have arthroscopic surgery on his ailing left knee before the start of the season.

That surgery has happened a bit quicker than expected. Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported on Wednesday morning that Harrison was in Pittsburgh to have the knee evaluated and then came back in the afternoon with a report that the scope had been performed. Per Bouchette, the scope “went well” although there’s no word on what that means in terms of recovery time.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/15/james-harrison-has-scope-done-on-ailing-knee/

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Tomlin talks about Harrison's arthroscopic knee surgery   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Tomlin talks about Harrison's arthroscopic knee surgery
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 3:41 pm | Updated: 6:15 pm, Wed Aug 15, 2012.
By Mike Bires

LATROBE -- Steelers linebacker James Harrison was in Pittsburgh today for arthroscopic knee surgery.

On Tuesday, Harrison's agent Bill Parise told The Times that because of an irritation behind Harrison's kneecap, "we might even look at a scope of that to get it cleaned up."

That "scope" took place today.

"James Harrison had a minor surgical knee procedure," coach Mike Tomlin said. "It shouldn’t be long. We’ll see when we get him back out here to start the process of working him back."

(Read More:) http://www.timesonline.com/sports/tomlin-talks-about-harrison-s-arthroscopic-knee-surgery/article_39c5ecd8-e711-11e1-b969-0019bb30f31a.html

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:39 pm

Quote :
#Steelers RB Isaac Redman left practice today with a sore hip. Add that to his groin.

Quote :
“@fiqq63: @EdBouchette How bad is Dwyer's shoulder? Will he be good to go soon?” ... not that bad but not quite ready

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:43 am

Quote :
Mike Bires ‏@mikebires
When asked for an update on injured LB Jason Worilds (wrist), Mike Tomlin gave the status quo: He's on the PUP list and still week to week

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next