Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates

Go down 
+8
fer69
vasteeler
steelersfan87
Gingerchip
Wallace108
Buddha Bus
Bays
SteelCityMom
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 5:00 pm

Quote :
Alan Robinson ‏@arobinson_Trib
Max Starks to put on pads Friday, but says he's not close to playing yet. ACL recovery time: 9-12 mos. He's at 7 1/2 months now.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Has anybody seen or heard any updates on Sean Spence's injury? I haven't seen anything.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 5:05 pm

A little mystery and intrigue into the Jason Worilds injury situation from Steelers Depot:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08/the-jason-worilds-mystery-continues-on/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers+Depot+Blog%29

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 5:42 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Has anybody seen or heard any updates on Sean Spence's injury? I haven't seen anything.

Bob Labriola said he was doing a little running on the side today.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 5:54 pm

Quote :
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib
Redman said MRI went well. Wouldn't elaborate.

Quote :
James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell
Redman not concerned abt MRI results. Says be back on field Monday.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Quote :
Mendenhall won't play in Week 1 but obviously will be ready before Week 6. All this means its going to be a 52-man roster for a month or so.

Quote :
Ray Fittipaldo ‏@rayfitt1
James Harrison said he is week to week. Said he would like to play in a preseason game but did not divulge a time frame after his surgery

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 4:38 pm

I honestly wouldn't put too much stock into anything anybody is going to be saying about Mendenhall in the next week or so. Nobody knows when he'll be ready. Maybe week 5, maybe week 1.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
I honestly wouldn't put too much stock into anything anybody is going to be saying about Mendenhall in the next week or so. Nobody knows when he'll be ready. Maybe week 5, maybe week 1.

Well, that's a no-brainer. Otherwise, why take him off the PUP list at all?

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Steelers don’t expect Mendenhall to play Week One
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 17, 2012, 5:10 PM EDT

The Steelers took Rashard Mendenhall off the Physically Unable to Perform list, which means they expect him to play during the first six weeks of the regular season.

But they don’t expect him to play Week One.

Mendenhall is not expected to be ready for the regular-season opener and may not play in any of the Steelers’ three September games, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/17/steelers-dont-expect-mendenhall-to-play-week-one/

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 6:07 pm

Quote :
Mike Bires ‏@mikebires
Punter Jeremy Kapinos still isn't ready to practice, but he did tinker by kicking soccer balls yesterday

Quote :
Mike Bires ‏@mikebires
Except for guys on PUP list Mike Tomlin hasn't ruled anybdy out. But yesterday T Max Starks ruled himself out as he keeps rehabbing his knee

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:46 pm

David Todd on the Terrible Podcast show said that he was told Kapinos had minor back surgery.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 11:08 am

Dodens Grav wrote:
David Todd on the Terrible Podcast show said that he was told Kapinos had minor back surgery.

I have a feeling Butler is going to be given the nod over Kapinos unless he shits the bed. He'll be cheaper and younger than Kap with roughly the same production. I like Kapinos though and it worries me to move away from a guy who has bailed us out of the D-Sep injury hole a couple of times. I need only say 5 words to make you shiver...... Paul Ernster and Mitch Berger.

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:14 pm

I think as long as Kapinos is back by the last preseason game, the job is probably his. What I've seen and heard of Butler is that he is inconsistent with his hangtime. he outkicked the coverage twice in the first game, but they got lucky both times (once on a penalty and once on the play where Robert Golden was the first man down field. That one probably should've been fielded). Otherwise his net yardage wouldn't have been so impressive. But let's see what he does tomorrow night and through the rest of the preseason.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 3:02 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
I think as long as Kapinos is back by the last preseason game, the job is probably his. What I've seen and heard of Butler is that he is inconsistent with his hangtime. he outkicked the coverage twice in the first game, but they got lucky both times (once on a penalty and once on the play where Robert Golden was the first man down field. That one probably should've been fielded). Otherwise his net yardage wouldn't have been so impressive. But let's see what he does tomorrow night and through the rest of the preseason.

I hope you're right. I'd like to see us keep Kapinos.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:01 pm

Quote :
Gerry Dulac ‏@gerrydulac
More Steelers injuries at LB: Sylvester out 3-4 weeks. http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-sylvester-out-with-torn-knee-ligament-649647/ …

Quote :
James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell
@rogerhuffman86 I don't think so. The rookies r playing well, admittedly, but Suisham is playing well too and Kapinos should be back this wk

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:24 pm

James Harrison thinks he’ll be ready for opening night
Posted by Josh Alper on August 21, 2012, 2:09 PM EDT

Steelers linebacker James Harrison hasn’t practiced at all this summer because of a knee injury that required arthroscopic surgery last week, but he doesn’t think that will present much of a problem when it comes to playing against the Broncos in Week One.

Harrison said that he will be working every day in order to test the fitness of his knee in hopes of getting on the practice field before the start of the regular season. Even if he’s only able to practice for a couple of days, though, Harrison believes he’ll be ready to play on Sept. 9.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/21/james-harrison-thinks-hell-be-ready-for-opening-night/

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Quote :
Interesting comment from Isaac Redman. Says MRI revealed injury is to hip, not groin. Says it's getting better every day. #steelers

Quote :
James Harrison thinks he can play in Denver. Says he needs only a couple of days to get ready. Hasn't worked in pads since Jan.

Quote :
Harrison gets treatment on his knee, gets in a workout and out of the building and heading home before 1 p.m.

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:35 pm

Quote :
Dale Lolley
‏@dlolleyor
Ike Redman said MRI revealed his injury is really a hip issue. Said he feels much better now
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:29 pm

Quote :
Steelers LB Stevenson Sylvester said he hurt his knee during Saturday's "walkthrough" at St. Vincent College.

Quote :
Casey Hampton said that he is more concerned with his elbow that he "recently got fixed" than his knee.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:57 pm

Quote :
LaMarr Woodley didn't sound optimistic today when asked about James Harrison playing in opener. #Steelers

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:02 am

Quote :
“@Ken_Laird @Steelersdepot: Ra'Shon Harris is out for the season after suffering a torn right triceps." I no Ramon, I Sunny"

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:07 am

Quote :
DE Brett Keisel has "mild high ankle sprain" but he said after game "I'm fine, no problem." #steelers

Quote :
Tomlin says DeCastro injury potentially severe. #Steelers

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:24 am

God this sucks...

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:58 am

bayz101 wrote:
God this sucks...

Yeah it sure does, but you really don't need to call me God. "Champ" will be fine. Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Brett Keisel says he’s “fine” after spraining ankle   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:47 am

Brett Keisel says he’s “fine” after spraining ankle
Posted by Josh Alper on August 26, 2012, 8:03 AM EDT

The Steelers are preparing for the worst when it comes to news about guard David DeCastro’s knee, but they might not need to light any candles for defensive end Brett Keisel’s ankle.

Keisel left Saturday night’s game against the Bills early after suffering what the team is calling a mild high left ankle sprain. Alan Robinson of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that Keisel told reporters that he “was fine” after the game, although making that determination official will have to wait until everyone finds out just how mild a sprain it really is.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/26/brett-keisel-says-hes-fine-after-spraining-ankle/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates   Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgh Steelers Weekly Injury Updates
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next