Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGreatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time.

Go down 
+6
Bays
skipJennings
jjmjmay
JonM229
SteelCityMom
Buddha Bus
10 posters

Darth Vadar (Star Wars)
Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. Vote_lcap25%Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 25% [ 9 ]
Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)
Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. Vote_lcap22%Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 22% [ 8 ]
Norman Bates (Psycho)
Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. Vote_lcap6%Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
The Queen (Snow White and the Seven Dwarves)
Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. Vote_lcap0%Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Wicked Witch of the West (The Wizard of Oz)
Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. Vote_lcap6%Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Freddy Krueger (A Nightmare on Elm Street)
 6% [ 2 ]
The Joker (The Dark Knight)
 6% [ 2 ]
Alex DeLarge (A Clockwork Orange)
Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. Vote_lcap11%Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Ernst Stavro Blofeld (You Only Live Twice)
Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. Vote_lcap3%Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Otis B. Driftwood (The Devil's Rejects)
 6% [ 2 ]
Clarence Boddicker (Robocop)
Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. Vote_lcap3%Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Cruella DeVille (101 Dalmations)
Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. Vote_lcap0%Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Jason Vorhees (Friday the 13th)
 0% [ 0 ]
Nurse Ratched (One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest)
 3% [ 1 ]
The Terminator (The Terminator)
 0% [ 0 ]
Max Cady (Cape Fear)
 0% [ 0 ]
Annie Wilkes (Misery)
 0% [ 0 ]
Travis Bickle (Taxi Driver)
 3% [ 1 ]
Michael Myers (Halloween)
 3% [ 1 ]
Kaiser Soze (The Usual Suspects)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 36

AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. Empty
PostSubject: Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time.   Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:20 pm

Vote for your favorite movie villain of all-time.

You can vote for 3 bad-asses.

This will be a floating poll, meaning that if an entrant does not receive any votes, they will be replaced and you can re-vote by clicking "cancel vote" at the bottom of the entry list at any time as often as you like.

This poll has no time limit.

Last edited by Buddha Bus on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:55 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time.   Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:40 pm

Lots of good ones here...all worthy of a vote. My favorites are definitely Darth Vader, Norman Bates and Alex DeLarge though.

JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time.   Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Wouldn't Alex be more of an anti-hero rather than a villain since he is the protagonist.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: u   Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:30 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Wouldn't Alex be more of an anti-hero rather than a villain since he is the protagonist.

When you beat someone to death with a giant penis, you're a villain. Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. 1797695198

You're probably right...but that's just semantics lol. When you put it like that though, you could make a viable case for every person on the list to be an anti-hero (except maybe Blofeld, The Queen and Wicked Witch of the West...we have little, if any, backstory for these characters though). All others have reasons that people may be able to relate to to drive them to do horrible things.

jjmjmay

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time.   Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:50 am

Hannibal the Canibal for me.

Darth Vader was pretty impossing when I was a kid but he's not that villinous really. The emperor controlls and manipulates him.

Obi Wan is the most bad ass Jedi ever BTW. He showed Anakin how it was done and he sliced Darth Maul in half.
Back to top Go down
skipJennings
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time.   Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:11 am

Not on the list but one of my all-time favorites is Clarence Boddicker from Robocop. But then that movie is full of exquisite villains. In fact, almost every character is a villain.

"Can you fly, Bobby?"

Classic.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time.   Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:53 pm

Villains added to list:

Clarence Boddicker
Cruella DeVille
Jason Vorhees
Nurse Ratched
The Terminator
Max Cady
Annie Wilkes
Travis Bickle
Michael Myers
Kaiser Soze

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time.   Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:32 am

Hannibal Lecter, The Joker and Alex DeLarge.

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time.   Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 1:14 pm

Max Cady, played in the original Cape Fear by Robert Mitchum.

Robert DeNiro turned that character into a caricature.

The remake of Cape Fear is not in the same league as the original.....not even close.
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time.   Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 1:42 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
Max Cady, played in the original Cape Fear by Robert Mitchum.

Robert DeNiro turned that character into a caricature.

The remake of Cape Fear is not in the same league as the original.....not even close.

absolutely agree.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time.   Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 8:21 pm

Hannibal Lecter and that was tough one for me because I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and Darth Vader is so iconic. Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter though, that is a villain that literally sent chills down your spine. It was creepy enough that he is "Hannibal the Cannibal", but the fact that he is so cunning, and intelligent makes him even scarier. Nobody portrays that character as well as Anthony Hopkins who is one of my all time favorite actors. I've read the books Hannibal, and Red Dragon, and I just can't imagine anyone else but Hopkins as Hannibal. The voice, that cold calculating stare as if he's looking right into your soul... Such a great villain, Hopkins really made The Silence of the Lambs in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time.   Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 8:51 pm

Darth Vader, who else has such a badass theme song play whenever he walks into the room lol. He's the first villain i remember who was more popular than the good guys in the movies he was in.
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time.   Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 10:06 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Darth Vader, who else has such a badass theme song play whenever he walks into the room lol. He's the first villain i remember who was more popular than the good guys in the movies he was in.

agreed.  by far my favorite bad guy of all time.  the music definitely helps.  I will always remember him walking into a smoky hallway at the beginning of A New Hope, after the usually incompetent storm troopers cleared it out. there are few things in life that you can remember that moment with all your senses. For me, this is one of them. Another is the beginning of Black Sabbath's Iron Man. Takes me back Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. 1797695198

And to blend two of these polls together, I've always like Frank Zappa playing the guitar, because as I've always said, "this is the way Darth Vader would play a guitar."

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time.   Greatest Movie Villain Of All-Time. Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1