Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs. Jaguars Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs. Jaguars

Go down 
+6
Bays
Wallace108
Crash
Gingerchip
Drizztbob
SteelersYak
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Steelers vs. Jaguars Empty
PostSubject: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 4:02 pm

Steelers vs. Jaguars Gameday_header_jaguars_80448

It's Wednesday and as DrizzyT said, it's time to have something to look forward to.  This week, we have the Jags.  The Jags made a QB change and have the rookie Bortles slinging the football.  During the draft, many compared Bortles to Roethlisberger.

The Jags are 0-4 and coming off a 33 to 14 loss to the Charges.  The Steelers are 2-2 and lost a heartbreaker in the final seconds to the Buccaneers.  Much more on the line for the Steelers in this game.

By the numbers:
The Steelers are averaging 412 yards on offense per game:  268 passing/144 rushing.
The Jags are averaging 279 yards on offense per game:  210 passing/70 rushing.

On defense, the Steelers are allowing 353 yards per game:  240 passing/113 rushing.
The Jags are allowing 451 yards per game:  321 passing/131 rushing.

Can the Steelers bounce back from a devastating loss like they did when the played the Panthers?  Will the rookie Bortles be the 2nd backup QB to beat the Steelers in as many weeks?  Will the Jags stadium be more full of Steelers fans or Jags fans?

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 4:08 pm

Oh, and the Jags haven't won a game in their last 7 tries.

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 5:17 pm

Hooray! Steelers vs. Jaguars 1372836603 Thanks Yak. Let's hope they right the ship as much as possible this week and come back firing on all cylinders. Part of the problem last week was the lousey start and digging ourselves out of an early hole. They need to score quick and play mistake free football than build upon that success week after week...HUMBLY. Not taking a win for granted.

If you are a Steeler fan...let's hear it!

(That's as rah rah as you are gonna get BTW)

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:11 pm

The thing that worries me is that Bortles can look like an all-star if we give him time. Rookie or not, if he has time to find an open man, he will. We have got to get pressure to him quickly, like what we did to Cam. It messes with the psyche and I'm guessing the Jags gotta be pretty fragile at this point.

Can't start the first offensive drive with a strip sack. Steelers vs. Jaguars 1505004552

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:17 pm

Yes -- the Steelers can and will bounce back from last week's train wreck.

Yes -- the stadium will have a ton of Steeler fans (maybe not more than Jag fans, but a lot)

No -- I won't get to watch the game because only the 49er and Raiders games will be televised. This is the price I pay for nice weather in the winter. Steelers vs. Jaguars 2164293255

Steelers vs. Jaguars We_bel10
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:19 pm

Gingerchip wrote:

No -- I won't get to watch the game because only the 49er and Raiders games will be televised.  This is the price I pay for nice weather in the winter. Steelers vs. Jaguars 2164293255

Why not go to a local bar and catch the game?  I'm sure they have Sunday Ticket out there for you to enjoy.

If you do have DirecTV, it certainly is worth it to look into Sunday Ticket.  It may sound pricey for a season, but we justify it by how much it saves us from going to a bar and the amount we would spend there ( Steelers vs. Jaguars 2196231899 Steelers vs. Jaguars 485614191 )

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:29 pm

They had a Steelers bar about 7 miles from my house.  The bar hasn't closed, but it isn't a Steelers bar anymore.  The other Steelers bar is about 20 miles from my house, and it isn't the safest place for a female (or your car for that matter).

Unfortunately, I have Comcast.

Therefore, I will leave it up to you guys to have a live chat so I can eavesdrop on how the Steelers are pummeling the Jags. Steelers vs. Jaguars 941308610

Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:34 pm

They'll have a link.  DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING.  Just close the ad tabs when you clink link 1 or link 2, etc.

ADMIN EDIT: Link removed.

-Wally
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:42 pm

Well, thank you Crash. I'll try it.

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:43 pm

But you don't have to go to a Steelers bar to watch the game.  I don't, they are all Ravens bars around me and I stroll in like I own the joint...

ADMIN EDIT: Link removed.

-Wally

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:45 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Or try coolsport.tv has streams too.  But you don't have to go to a Steelers bar to watch the game.  I don't, they are all Ravens bars around me and I stroll in like I own the joint...

Yea, we would go to our local wing joint and there was about 1/3rd Bengals, 1/3rd Browns, and 1/3rd Steelers. There was a littering of other fans, but usually no Ravens fans.

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:49 pm

Living in Baltimore = no choice

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:51 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Living in Baltimore = no choice

I can't believe they don't have a Steelers bar there. It's not even a real city if it doesn't have a Steelers bar. Steelers vs. Jaguars 1505004552

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:52 pm

Here is a site I found that may be useful. You all would have to let me know how accurate it is:

http://www.steelerbars.com/

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:53 pm

Crash and Drizz, I removed the links from your posts. Please don't post stream links on the board.

I'm not telling you that you can't PM them, but it's probably best not to PM them either. I mean, if you want to PM them, I can't stop you from PMing them. But you probably shouldn't PM them, even though I can't stop you from PMing them.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:57 pm

Can someone AM them then? Steelers vs. Jaguars 2829330259

And the links weren't removed because of being jerks: we don't make the rules, we just have to play by them. Steelers vs. Jaguars 4031127960

Kudos for you guys trying to help out other Steelers fans. Steelers vs. Jaguars 3645341160

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 9:29 pm

Quote :
Kudos for you guys trying to help out other Steelers fans.

Yes. Thank you. Steelers vs. Jaguars 230572241

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 10:08 pm

Good work removing the links --- stream links on the open board could put the forum in danger as well as have the streams removed from airing in the first place.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 6:38 am

As if we need anymore reasons to win the game.... here is a BIG one for me: Every time I hear "Jaguars" or "Gerrard", I think of 2007 and how absolutely painful that was to lose that game (and the way it unfolded). Now this game certainly won't erase those memories (it would take something in the playoffs or something playoff related to do that) but it would only amplify them as it would send our 2014 Steelers in a tailspin and further open the wound.

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 9:18 am

Steelers 45 - Jags 6

We all feel great on Monday with thoughts of a Super Bowl.  Steelers vs. Jaguars 175256714

Until they lose the following week, just to remind us the talent level on this team won't provide consistent play in the first half of the season. Steelers vs. Jaguars 3096553220
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 9:37 am

Gingerchip wrote:
Quote :
Kudos for you guys trying to help out other Steelers fans.  

Yes.  Thank you. Steelers vs. Jaguars 230572241

I've done the streaming a few times, but found the video quality to be tough at times. A good backup is to listen to the game on internet radio. I think the station I found was something like WDVE (you guys in the 'burgh could probably tell us which station carries the Steelers).

It's old school for sure, but makes me think of my grandparents and how they had to get their chores done toot sweet so they could listen to the next thrilling episode of Dick Tracy.
Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 9:58 am

SteelersYak wrote:
As if we need anymore reasons to win the game.... here is a BIG one for me:  Every time I hear "Jaguars" or "Gerrard", I think of 2007 and how absolutely painful that was to lose that game (and the way it unfolded).

Yep, three runs and a punt.

And then the great defense once again needed to make a stop on ONE play.

And they didn't.

As usual.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 12:25 pm

mrcrash wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:
As if we need anymore reasons to win the game.... here is a BIG one for me:  Every time I hear "Jaguars" or "Gerrard", I think of 2007 and how absolutely painful that was to lose that game (and the way it unfolded).

Yep, three runs and a punt.  

And then the great defense once again needed to make a stop on ONE play.

And they didn't.  

As usual.

And maybe if the offense would've gotten one more first down...but hey let's not let the entire 60 minutes of play get in the way of the outcome.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers vs. Jaguars 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 12:27 pm

I believe the Jaguars young WR corp can create some issues for our DBs, especially if they continue to play off and our front 7 can't get to the QB, then it could be a long day or worse yet, ending in another last second victory for the Jags.

With that being said, I do believe that our offense will come out a little pissed off, and put this game away early and often. Defense helps seal the deal.

Steelers 37 jags 10

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers vs. Jaguars 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 12:35 pm

Quote :
And maybe if the offense would've gotten one more first down

Didn't try to. They ran a student body sweep with BEN on 3rd down, that had no chance to succeed.

They took the ball out of their 32 TD pass season QB's hands with the game on the line, in a 2nd half in which the offense scored on EVERY DRIVE in the half to that point.

Because protecting the defense mattered more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars   Steelers vs. Jaguars Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Jaguars
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next