Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)

Go down 
+18
Scottish Steeler
jak341
Mach1
Gingerchip
Jazzo
Stella Nation
SteelerFreak58
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Lokki
JPPT1974
effyou515
stlrtruck
solardave
IowaSteeler927
Shalieve5090
LambertWardSteel
Steeler-in-west
Wallace108
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) Empty
PostSubject: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptySun Jan 07, 2018 4:39 pm

Let the revenge tour begin. Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) 3056903510

Anyone going to the game. Me and my son will be there. And for the record, Steelers are undefeated in games I've attended. Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) 707368081

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptySun Jan 07, 2018 4:55 pm

Hope AB is ready to go. Jags corners are good. A healthy AB, juju, and MB can take them though.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptySun Jan 07, 2018 4:55 pm

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptySun Jan 07, 2018 5:59 pm

Ben wanted the Jags for redemption. I seem to remember some snide remarks from Fournette too. After seeing the Wild Card games the Titans may have been the best AFC team playing this weekend.

Long range forecast calling for high of 21 and 90% chance precipitation. Weather doesn't seem to affect visiting teams like it used to but that's a decent contrast to Florida weather.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptySun Jan 07, 2018 7:19 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Long range forecast calling for high of 21 and 90% chance precipitation. Weather doesn't seem to affect visiting teams like it used to but that's a decent contrast to Florida weather.

Compared to what we've been dealing with, 21 will feel like Florida weather to us.

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptySun Jan 07, 2018 7:30 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

Compared to what we've been dealing with, 21 will feel like Florida weather to us.

lol that it will. 21 is 24 degrees warmer than our low temperature this morning Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) 2981382511
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptySun Jan 07, 2018 7:36 pm

Bortles thru for 87 yds, I know their defense is tough but if we don't kill Jacksonville something is very wrong
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 1:59 am

This isn't the same Steelers that Jacksonville faced at the beginning of the season. They're in for a rude awakening. The fact that clowns like Jalen Ramsey are talking smack isn't going to help their situation, I wouldn't be trying to motivate Antonio Brown. I fully expect us to light them up. I bet the Steelers wanted this matchup.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 5:22 am

That first game woke Ben up. I look for Bell to have a good game and even though their D is pretty good they can't cover everyone we have. Even if they blanket AB, they have to cover Ju Ju, Bryant and McDonald (until he gets hurt anyway). I would start out lining Eli Rogers up in place of AB. Have him go long about 5 straight plays, get Ramsey nice and frothy,then put AB in fresh and see what happens. Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) 3798349058
I don't remember if Alualu played last game but look for him to come up big in this one. We need to stop Fournette and keep Bortles in the pocket. We can't let either of these guys run all over us or it will be a game.

I think if McDonald makes it through the entire game he could get open in the middle for some chunk plays. We need to score early. Having said that if we win the toss I bet Tomlin defers.They're not a come from behind team and that's where we need to keep them.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 11:06 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Ben wanted the Jags for redemption. I seem to remember some snide remarks from Fournette too. After seeing the Wild Card games the Titans may have been the best AFC team playing this weekend.

Jacksonville gets some chilly temps, some times in the 20's as well. The weather won't be as important a factor as will the home crowd, and the Steelers just putting their foot on the throttle, scoring as often as they can, the defense tackling Fournette at the LOS, and forcing Bortles to play a game he's not comfortable playing - passing a lot.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 11:32 am

stlrtruck wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

Jacksonville gets some chilly temps, some times in the 20's as well.  The weather won't be as important a factor as will the home crowd, and the Steelers just putting their foot on the throttle, scoring as often as they can, the defense tackling Fournette at the LOS, and forcing Bortles to play a game he's not comfortable playing - passing a lot.
Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) 3964572787
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 2:05 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
This isn't the same Steelers that Jacksonville faced at the beginning of the season. They're in for a rude awakening. The fact that clowns like Jalen Ramsey are talking smack isn't going to help their situation, I wouldn't be trying to motivate Antonio Brown. I fully expect us to light them up. I bet the Steelers wanted this matchup.

Agree with that. Ben wants to redeem himself for 5 picks and 2 pick sixes. I think he does. Jax looked terrible yesterday on offense. Steelers should be fine just minimizing mistakes this time around.

Steelers D was fine the first time they played them. Bortles was 8-14 for 95 yards. Fournette had 181 yards but 90 of those came on the run at the end of the game when everything was already decided. Prior to that run he had been 27 atts for 91yds
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 2:09 pm

Ben has to get the passing game going first so Bell can get any running room.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 3:24 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Agree with that. Ben wants to redeem himself for 5 picks and 2 pick sixes. I think he does. Jax looked terrible yesterday on offense. Steelers should be fine just minimizing mistakes this time around.

Steelers D was fine the first time they played them. Bortles was 8-14 for 95 yards. Fournette had 181 yards but 90 of those came on the run at the end of the game when everything was already decided. Prior to that run he had been 27 atts for 91yds

Yeah the D definitely wasn't the culprit for our loss. Ben spotted them 14 easy points. You're not going to win with 5 INTs and 2 pick sixes. Ugly game for him. We definitely aren't going to be that bad this time and Jacksonville has no idea what the playoffs at Heinz Field is like. This isn't warm and Sunny Florida. I think we're going to beat the hell out of them, and there will be no mercy shown.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 4:52 pm

Praying AB is back. As they will need him. Not having him after he got injured hurt them with the Patriots*.

Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 6:20 pm

Steelers vs. Jagoffs (fixed it for you)
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 10:58 pm

Lokki wrote:
Steelers vs. Jagoffs   (fixed it for you)

Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) 184121345

A.J. Bouye to Ben Roethlisberger: Be careful what you wish for

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was asked last week if he had a preference about which team the Steelers will face in this weekend’s playoff opener.

Roethlisberger picked the Jaguars and referenced Jacksonville’s 30-9 victory over the Steelers earlier this year when he said he’d “love to just prove that five interceptions wasn’t me in that game.” The Jaguars beat the Bills on Sunday, which means that Roethlisberger will be getting another crack at the Jaguars defense.

Jaguars cornerback A.J. Bouye said that the Jaguars are coming into the game with plenty of motivation of their own.

“Be careful what you wish for,” Bouye said, via the Florida Times-Union. “This is what he wanted, so this is what he is going to get. … We remember. We know they are going to be motivated. We are, too. Everybody thinks we’re not going to do it again. We know what we’re capable of. We’re looking forward to it.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/j-bouye-ben-roethlisberger-careful-223542561.html?src=rss

Ben LOL

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 11:19 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Lokki wrote:

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was asked last week if he had a preference about which team the Steelers will face in this weekend’s playoff opener.

Roethlisberger picked the Jaguars and referenced Jacksonville’s 30-9 victory over the Steelers earlier this year when he said he’d “love to just prove that five interceptions wasn’t me in that game.” The Jaguars beat the Bills on Sunday, which means that Roethlisberger will be getting another crack at the Jaguars defense.

Jaguars cornerback A.J. Bouye said that the Jaguars are coming into the game with plenty of motivation of their own.

“Be careful what you wish for,” Bouye said, via the Florida Times-Union. “This is what he wanted, so this is what he is going to get. … We remember. We know they are going to be motivated. We are, too. Everybody thinks we’re not going to do it again. We know what we’re capable of. We’re looking forward to it.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/j-bouye-ben-roethlisberger-careful-223542561.html?src=rss

Ben LOL
Pretty standard stuff but I think he's going to find himself disappointed.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 11:40 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Lokki wrote:

Ben LOL

The Jags barely slid by the Bills yesterday. The offense looked like the Browns would outscore them. It isn't likely Ben is going to come out again and stake them to a 14 point lead, plus give them 3 more turnovers, so the Jags D can carry the offense to victory. Last time their QB threw for 95 yds and the Steelers held their best offensive player to 91 yds on 27 carries before the 90 yd run in garbage time.

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 2:24 am

Bouye needs to keep his mouth shut. His QB just threw for 87 yds in the wild card game, playing like that aint gonna beat anyone especially the Steelers. Cant wait to shut these clowns up
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 2:34 pm

TollingtheBell26 wrote:
Bouye needs to keep his mouth shut. His QB just threw for 87 yds in the wild card game, playing like that aint gonna beat anyone especially the Steelers. Cant wait to shut these clowns up

x2. Reading thru Ray Fittipaldo's chat at PPG yesterday was annoying. He can't seem to get over the earlier season loss and how they 'forced' Ben into his bad day. I know Jags have a tough D, but the 49ers put 44 on them at end of season and the Titans beat them last game of season. They lost 2 in a row going into the playoffs and if they were playing anyone but the Bills this past weekend likely would have lost again.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 4:18 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Lokki wrote:

Ben LOL

The Jags barely slid by the Bills yesterday. The offense looked like the Browns would outscore them. It isn't likely Ben is going to come out again and stake them to a 14 point lead, plus give them 3 more turnovers, so the Jags D can carry the offense to victory. Last time their QB threw for 95 yds and the Steelers held their best offensive player to 91 yds on 27 carries before the 90 yd run in garbage time.

I agree with you. I'm just saying htat Bouye is just saying the usual stuff. Of course he's going to be confident and they did outplay us last time we played but like you, I like our chances.

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 5:05 pm

Some interesting stats in Ed bouchette's article at PPG:

Quote :
Since that Jacksonville game, Roethlisberger has played like a Hall of Famer again. The difference in him through the first five games and since that Jacksonville loss is remarkable.

Through the first five games, he had a 75.8 passer rating (37.8 vs. Jaguars) and 102.7 since then. He had six touchdown passes and seven interceptions through the first five and is 22-7 since. His average yards per pass through the first five was 6.51 and 8.15 since.

Quote :
Indeed, the Jaguars finished atop the league with an average output of 141.4 yards rushing per game. However, they were not nearly as productive down the stretch. They averaged 160.6 yards rushing through the first 10 regular-season games, down to 109.3 on average over the final six.

They did run for 155 in their playoff victory against Buffalo last week, but Bortles led them with 88 on 10 scrambles. Leonard Fournette, who ran for 181 against the Steelers, including 90 on one run in the final two minutes, was held to 57 yards on 21 carries by Buffalo.

Quote :
Fournette might have hit his rookie wall. He rushed for 1,040 yards this season, but over the past six games, he has topped 100 just once. He averaged only 3.23 yards per carry in the final five regular-season games when he totaled 300 yards. Against Buffalo Sunday, he averaged just 2.71 yards per carry

Quote :
Bortles ran once for 9 yards in the Oct. 8 meeting. He completed eight passes for 95 yards that day with no touchdowns and one interception. A repeat performance like that will not produce the same result.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/01/09/Blake-Bortles-vs-Ben-Roethlisberger-Jacksonville-Jaguars-Heinz-Field-afc-divisional-round-playoffs/stories/201801090142
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 9:00 pm

Come out with some play action passing off the run and snag them trying to stuff Bell. Make them respect Ben and the receivers and make them pull that 8th guy out of the box. Last game they kept putting the safety in the box and Haley was too stubborn to call some PA against it...
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 5:15 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Come out with some play action passing off the run and snag them trying to stuff Bell. Make them respect Ben and the receivers and make them pull that 8th guy out of the box. Last game they kept putting the safety in the box and Haley was too stubborn to call some PA against it...

Play action will only work if they expect us to run. That's why we run early and often. Make them commit to stopping Bell. If Ben starts throwing right off of the bat they have no reason to stack the box. Make them crowd the line and when he does use PA JuJu on a crossing route will be open or McDonald in the middle just beyond the LB will be the chunk plays we need.

The offense the Jags are gonna see this time is totally different than the last time if Haley doesn't try to get fancy. Ben in no huddle to start running Bell straight up the middle until they stop him.

Our defense needs to expose Bortles for what he is: the worst (noodle arm) QB to win a playoff game ever. We don't let him run for more yards than Fournette and we don't let Fournette pick up first downs running against us. The Jags are not going to beat us. Just like the last meeting only we can do that.

Their defense is good, ours is better. Their offense (take away Fournette like Buffalo did) is lousy and ours is pretty damn good.

If we don't make mistakes we win going away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2) Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next