Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homesteelers vs jaguars  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

steelers vs jaguars

Go down 
+7
Master_Of_Puppets
solardave
kirklandrules
Stella Nation
SteelerFreak58
jak341
effyou515
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

steelers vs jaguars  Empty
PostSubject: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 2:24 pm

https://triblive.com/sports/mike-tomlin-admits-steelers-running-game-is-below-the-line/

Mike Tomlin admits Steelers running game is ‘below the line’

Quote :
When the 9-0 Steelers face the 1-8 Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday at TIAA Bank Field, they will try to improve on the past three weeks, when they totaled 139 yards on 54 carries, an average of 2.55 yards per attempt.

Before that, the Steelers had five consecutive 100-yard performances to open the season and gained 94 yards in the sixth game.

maybe defenses have figured out different keys to look for at the line of scrimmage. steelers vs jaguars  2087824411 l've seem a couple Steelers like to run in the same direction as the man in motion and the direction the TE pulls.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 7:55 am

Jags injury report. I see Minshew is on it.

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/18/jaguars-steelers-injury-report-gardner-minshew-returns-to-practice-as-a-limited-participant/
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 9:44 am

Sub 500 team with a back up QB...hmmm who is ready for another anxiety filled roller coaster ride Sunday where the 9-0 team makes the 1-8 team look like playoff contenders?😂😂😂

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 10:01 am

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2020/11/ben-roethlisberger-has-replaced-the-steelers-running-game-with-short-passes-heres-how.html

Ben Roethlisberger has replaced the Steelers’ running game with short passes: Here’s how and why

Quote :
It goes back before Franco Harris and Rocky Bleier of the Super Bowl 70s, dating to the days when Byron ‘Whizzer’ White and ‘Bullet’ Bill Dudley dashed and danced into the Pittsburgh end zone – and right into the Hall of Fame.

This hallowed heritage was handed down to the Steelers modern-day backs who put the offense on their backs: Barry Foster, Bam Morris and of course, Jerome ‘the Bus’ Bettis.We lionized our running backs with great nicknames, like ‘Fast’ Willie Parker. And most recently, we paid them a king’s ransom – or at least tried to. Le’Veon Bell

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 10:17 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Sub 500 team with a back up QB...hmmm who is ready for another anxiety filled roller coaster ride Sunday where the 9-0 team makes the 1-8 team look like playoff contenders?😂😂😂

Especially since we have to play the Ravens only 4 days later on Thanksgiving. I guess they're preparing more for that game.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 11:30 am

Stella Nation wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Especially since we have to play the Ravens only 4 days later on Thanksgiving. I guess they're preparing more for that game.

Definition of a trap game for sure ..... a horrible opponent followed in a shortened week by a hated divisional rival.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 2:51 pm

I hope this is part of why we brought DW in.

https://www.steelers.com/news/it-s-time-to-use-him
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 3:49 pm

solardave wrote:
I hope this is part of why we brought DW in.

https://www.steelers.com/news/it-s-time-to-use-him

i bet if you did the math...playing time vs pay...D Watt is probably making more money per play than anyone else.
i said when they signed him his contract worth (3 million) would depend on if they actually use him. so far he is a very very overpaid special teammer.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Derek was brought in to help cement a team friendly contract with TJ.

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 10:39 pm

hoping Steelers run the same type of defense they did against the Bengals.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptyFri Nov 20, 2020 4:15 am

Probably going to be Luton at QB and at least this time they have a bit of NFL tape on him to go off of versus when we faced the Cowboys with Gilbert under center. This will easily be the best defense the Jags have faced all season long and we're getting Mike Hilton back which will a boost I think for the secondary, and for our pass rush. Mike Hilton allows us to do different things defensively that we aren't quite as good at when he's not on the field. Luton was able to hold his own against a Packers defense that's been middle of the road this season, but he's going to have guys like Heyward, Tuitt, Watt, Dupree, Hilton, and Highsmith harassing him all game long. Good luck with that.

kirklandrules likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptyFri Nov 20, 2020 4:56 am

On paper we should handle these guys easily. We seem to be playing better against teams that are inferior than we have in the past.We still haven't seen the killer instinct fully. The fact that we were still throwing in the third quarter last week when we had the game may be a preview I hope. Like Iowa said we do have tape on Luton and he should be under constant pressure. Just as important as Hilton being back is Alualu. Our run defense suffered with him out. This should be an enjoyable game to watch. Keyword being SHOULD!

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptyFri Nov 20, 2020 5:46 am

solardave wrote:
On paper we should handle these guys easily. We seem to be playing better against teams that are inferior than we have in the past.We still haven't seen the killer instinct fully. The fact that we were still throwing in the third quarter last week when we had the game may be a preview I hope. Like Iowa said we do have tape on Luton and he should be under constant pressure. Just as important as Hilton being back is Alualu. Our run defense suffered with him out. This should be an enjoyable game to watch. Keyword being SHOULD!

Another factor to consider is they no longer have AJ Bouye or Jalen Ramsey in their secondary, and those guys gave us some issues in the past. I like the way we match up.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptyFri Nov 20, 2020 7:13 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:

Another factor to consider is they no longer have AJ Bouye or Jalen Ramsey in their secondary, and those guys gave us some issues in the past. I like the way we match up.

I do too.I really hope it becomes an opportunity to rest some starters and give the younger guys some playing time. I also hope I won't be sitting there kicking myself in the ass for saying this. steelers vs jaguars  1549491426

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptyFri Nov 20, 2020 7:59 pm

Unrelated to the Jags game, but Bill Hillgrove is 80 years old. Just in case anyone doesn't know: Hillgrove is the play by play man on the Steelers Radio Network.

effyou515, solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 12:06 am

Good luck, everyone steelers vs jaguars  230572241 Let's get 10-0 today steelers vs jaguars  1948569602

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 12:05 pm

Definitely the makings of a trap game. I hope we come out and smoke them early, but these are the kind of games that make me nervous.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 12:26 pm

steelers down by 4... last minute of the game Steelers driving down to Jacksonville's 8 yard line 9 seconds left, shot gun Ben takes the snap sees Claypool in the back of the endzone Ben throws it, tipped at the line of scrimmage ball's in the air Juju catches it at the 2 yardline turns toward the endzone... the live stream shuts down... ?

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 12:54 pm

Well let's get on this anxiety filled roller coaster folks! Here we go kids hang on to your asses this ones gonna be another ride!!!😂
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 1:00 pm

We're tempting fate in the jak341 household today. No pasta with red sauce. Today is...Ramen noodles and kimchi.

I don't know if Ramen counts as a noodle in regards to tradition and Steelers football, but were going to find out.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 1:10 pm

Gave up a quick 3 lets see if Fitchner comes out bland with the Vanilla...
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 1:12 pm

Fake kick by the Jags? 😲
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 1:13 pm

jak341 wrote:
Fake punt by the Jags? 😲

That was some weird kickoff. Gotta turn that into 7
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 1:15 pm

jak341 wrote:
We're tempting fate in the jak341 household today. No pasta with red sauce. Today is...Ramen noodles and kimchi.

I don't know if Ramen counts as a noodle in regards to tradition and Steelers football, but were going to find out.

Someone, quick, send some pasta and red sauce to Jak341's household. Quick,, before its too late! steelers vs jaguars  1372836603

jak341 likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 1:16 pm

What is up with all the tipped passes? Feel like I've seen more of those this season against us than any other season combined lol.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs jaguars    steelers vs jaguars  Empty

Back to top Go down

steelers vs jaguars
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next