Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBrady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Brady vs. Steelers week one

Go down 
+48
SteelerSpartan
jak341
Hawaii 5-0
El-Gonzo Jackson
steelcityboyz
LambertWardSteel
Stella Nation
Steelcitian
steelcrazy
pczach
kan_t
Fire Arians
vasteeler
ETL
lipps83
Pappy
andywitmyer
ImperialFan
ebsteelersSF
stlrtruck
Dave75th
Rhyno
JonM229
SteelerEmpire
Wallace108
Lokki
OX1947
SteelersNorth
SteelersYak
Vis
IowaSteeler927
Gingerchip
Steel Peon
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
fer69
FanSince72
Master_Of_Puppets
Buddha Bus
Bane
Atlanta Dan
steelstoned1972
teegre
tony hipchest
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
PhantomJB93
SteelersCanada
kirklandrules
DesertSteel
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 3:49 pm

jak341 wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:
Destroying the cell phone is even more scummy than the flying the footballs. The report said from October to February there were over 10000 text messages. [...]

That's exactly what I was thinking. What else was on there that he doesn't want anyone to see?

10,000 texts is a lot, even for football deflation.

OMG! Tom Brady is Hillary Clinton! It all makes sense now ... and you've never seen them in the same room together.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 4:21 pm

No doubt now that Brady plays week 1 against us. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the plan between him and Goodell. Just drag it out as long as possible so that he can still play against the Steelers week 1. Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 1401235891

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 4:26 pm

Destroyed his phone huh. Things that make you go hmmmmmm. Really fuck Brady and fuck the Pats* too.
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 4:43 pm

This douchebag freaking destroyed his phone first....yeah keep that denial effort up Cheatriots Fans

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 5:02 pm

Obviously Goodell and Wells are jealous of Brady's cell phone.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 7:17 pm

Brady still needs to show a substantial probability of prevailing on the merits to get a preliminary injunction to stay the suspension for now - just filing the lawsuit does not delay implementation of the suspension
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 7:50 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Brady still needs to show a substantial probability of prevailing on the merits to get a preliminary injunction to stay the suspension for now - just filing the lawsuit does not delay implementation of the suspension

I'll put the odds 10-1 that he gets an injunction. The NFLPA isn't trying to prove Tom's innocence, they are trying to prove that the process of punishment and appeals is screwed. Tom is just a pawn for the union trying to undo a shitty deal they struck years ago that installed the appeals process. Now they have their patsy.

In the meantime, a federal judge will issue an injunction so as not to allow harm to come to the claimant (lost wages by Tom) during the case, and Brady will start week 1.

I say we should all be happy. This whole thing is becoming a shit show and will be nothing but a distraction to the Patriots*. What better way to start the season than seeing the Steelers beat the Patriots* in their house and still knowing they are a bunch of cheaters? I predict this is Brady's Tiger moment ... he falls apart from here on in his career. Now we need to hear about his wife beating his ass with a 7 iron in their driveway.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 1:47 am

Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 CLDNd6fVAAAu2gU
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 6:57 am

Even the Boston sportswriters are not trying to spin destroying your cellphone

Patriots*** quarterback Tom Brady is tarnished forever

By Dan Shaughnessy Globe Columnist

In a 20-page decision that was released at 2:32 p.m. Tuesday, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell upheld Tom Brady’s four-game Deflategate suspension. In the day’s most shocking revelation, the commissioner revealed that Brady ordered his assistant to destroy his cellphone on the same day (March 6) Brady was interviewed by NFL investigator Ted Wells. Brady did not disclose this development for several months and it was not confirmed until the day of his suspension appeal hearing, June 23.

What do you say now, Patriot fans? Still think the NFL is out to get the Patriots***? Still think Tom Brady is clean? Still think this is a witch hunt?

Of course you do. And that is why at a time when you should be embarrassed, you are probably emboldened.

Please. Give up. It’s time for local loyalists to parachute down from Planet Patriot and get in touch with reality. Stop twisting yourselves into knots to justify the petty crimes and coverups of the Patriots*** and their quarterback.

According to the NFL, the Patriots*** cheated. They tampered with footballs after the balls were approved by game officials. The NFL terms it an ongoing “scheme.’’ It’s not a huge transgression, but the tampering was done to gain a competitive advantage. It appears to have been systematic. Tom Brady knew about it, then he destroyed evidence.

Sorry. Obstructing an investigation by destroying evidence doesn’t play in America. No matter what happens now, the hard-earned accomplishments of Brady and the Patriots*** are tarnished.

This just keeps getting worse for the Patriots***. This is way worse than Spygate. It’s worse than losing the perfect season in Glendale, Ariz., in February of 2008.
It’s time to hear from Brady. Instead, late Tuesday afternoon we got a statement from Brady’s preposterous agent, Don Yee, who “eloquently” stated that “the science in the Wells Report was junk,’’ and also said, “neither Tom nor the Patriots*** did anything wrong.’’

Really? Then why did the Patriots*** suspend Jim McNally and John Jastremski? Why did Bob Kraft accept the loss of two draft picks (one a first-rounder) and the largest fine in the history of the NFL without a fight? Why didn’t the Patriots*** produce McNally for a final interview after Wells learned about damning texts? Why didn’t they bring McNally back last month when Goodell again offered to bring in the former equipment man for clarification?

The Patriots***, like Brady, evidently arrived at the conclusion that it was better to cover up than to comply. It makes you wonder how bad this really was. What else are the Patriots*** hiding? What else might come out?

The NFL Players Association is fully prepared to take Brady’s case to federal court in a case that would test the punishing powers of the commissioner. Swell. The Patriots*** and Brady believe they can escape on a legal loophole, like a criminal who goes free because the cops made a procedural error.

It might work. Brady could get an injunction that would allow him to play football while the case is adjudicated. Maybe the NFLPA will prevail and Brady’s punishment would be erased. But it could backfire. Going to federal court could result in Brady serving his suspension at a more inopportune time (December?). It threatens to send the Patriots*** into their 2015 season under a cloud of uncertainty. We all know Bill Belichick hates uncertainty.

How far does Brady want to take this? Belichick has skated thus far. Does Brady want to go down any path that might get his coach (the man with the Spygate prior on his résumé) involved in this mess? Does getting a suspension lifted on a technicality restore the image of a guy who tosses his cellphone like a character in “Breaking Bad”?

Perhaps now we know why Kraft rolled over at the owners meeting in San Francisco in May. He knows that disclosure is not the Patriots***’ friend in this matter. The Patriots*** have been stubborn and defensive since the news of this scandal broke. Rather than admit guilt and accept punishments, they have denied everything and insisted that the league “has got nothing.’’ Kraft went so far as to demand an apology when he arrived at the Super Bowl. This strategy — probably directed by angry son Jonathan Kraft — has blown up in the Patriots***’ facemasks at every turn.

Tuesday’s disclosure that Brady destroyed his cellphone is yet another example of the latter point. If Brady had simply accepted his punishment and not appealed, chances are we would not know about this blatant obstruction of the NFL’s investigation. The Patriots*** media cartel could continue to promote the narrative of Patriots***-as-victims.

A statement from the team late Tuesday afternoon perfectly demonstrated the intransigence that got everybody here in the first place. The Patriots*** said they are “extremely disappointed’’ in Goodell’s ruling, again noted the “folly” of the Wells Report science, and said it was incomprehensible that the league is trying to destroy the reputation of one of its greatest players and representatives.

Way to go, Patriots***. Keep howling at the moon. We all know that Planet Patriot orbits in an alternative universe.

Time to give it up, people. Your quarterback destroyed his cellphone on the day he was called to explain Deflategate. What more do you need?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/07/28/shaughnessy/T32IKjU6IVYjEWml2YfrMI/story.html

Even Brady fanboy Peter King is beginning to have doubts (note King referring to "us") Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 1797695198

Even the league-is-out-to-get-us Bradyphiles in the six New England states have to admit: Brady is not giving us much reason to believe.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/07/28/tom-brady-appeal-deflategate-roger-goodell
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 7:22 am

pisses me off he didn't save all those picture i sent him

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 7:29 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:

Federal Injunctions are governed by Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 65.

“To prevail on a motion for a preliminary injunction, ‘[t]he moving party must show

1 irreparable harm and
2 either (a) likelihood of success on the merits or (b) sufficiently serious questions going to the merits and
3 a balance of hardships tipping decidedly toward the party seeking the injunctive relief.

4 Judge Doty

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 8:04 am

Brady's Facebook Statement:

I am very disappointed by the NFL’s decision to uphold the 4 game suspension against me. I did nothing wrong, and no one in the Patriots* organization did either.

Despite submitting to hours of testimony over the past 6 months, it is disappointing that the Commissioner upheld my suspension based upon a standard that it was “probable” that I was “generally aware” of misconduct. The fact is that neither I, nor any equipment person, did anything of which we have been accused. He dismissed my hours of testimony and it is disappointing that he found it unreliable.

I also disagree with yesterdays narrative surrounding my cellphone. I replaced my broken Samsung phone with a new iPhone 6 AFTER my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my actual phone device would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances. As a member of a union, I was under no obligation to set a new precedent going forward, nor was I made aware at any time during Mr. Wells investigation, that failing to subject my cell phone to investigation would result in ANY discipline.

Most importantly, I have never written, texted, emailed to anybody at anytime, anything related to football air pressure before this issue was raised at the AFC Championship game in January. To suggest that I destroyed a phone to avoid giving the NFL information it requested is completely wrong.

To try and reconcile the record and fully cooperate with the investigation after I was disciplined in May, we turned over detailed pages of cell phone records and all of the emails that Mr. Wells requested. We even contacted the phone company to see if there was any possible way we could retrieve any/all of the actual text messages from my old phone. In short, we exhausted every possibility to give the NFL everything we could and offered to go thru the identity for every text and phone call during the relevant time. Regardless, the NFL knows that Mr. Wells already had ALL relevant communications with Patriots* personnel that either Mr. Wells saw or that I was questioned about in my appeal hearing. There is no “smoking gun” and this controversy is manufactured to distract from the fact they have zero evidence of wrongdoing.

I authorized the NFLPA to make a settlement offer to the NFL so that we could avoid going to court and put this inconsequential issue behind us as we move forward into this season. The discipline was upheld without any counter offer. I respect the Commissioners authority, but he also has to respect the CBA and my rights as a private citizen. I will not allow my unfair discipline to become a precedent for other NFL players without a fight.

Lastly, I am overwhelmed and humbled by the support of family, friends and our fans who have supported me since the false accusations were made after the AFC Championship game. I look forward to the opportunity to resume playing with my teammates and winning more games for the New England Patriots*.

https://www.facebook.com/TomBrady/posts/956989441008873

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 9:03 am

What's the story on the 2nd stringer Garapalo or whatever his name is? Is he like Brady... pure pocket passer? Good arm? Mobility?
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 10:27 am

Vis wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:

Federal Injunctions are governed by Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 65.

“To prevail on a motion for a preliminary injunction, ‘[t]he moving party must show

1 irreparable harm and
2 either (a) likelihood of success on the merits or (b) sufficiently serious questions going to the merits and
3 a balance of hardships tipping decidedly toward the party seeking the injunctive relief.

4 Judge Doty

If the quote above is from Judge Doty, he apparently is not a big fan of following precedent in the Circuit that hears appeals from his decisions

“A plaintiff seeking a preliminary injunction must establish [1] that he is likely to succeed on the merits, [2] that he is likely to suffer irreparable harm in the absence of preliminary relief, [3] that the balance of equities tips in his favor, and [4] that an injunction is in thepublic interest.” ....

“Success on the merits has been referred to as the most important of the four factors.”...

The Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals has noted that this “preferred wording” of the standard for success differs somewhat from the “once familiar” formulation in Dataphase requiring the plaintiff to
show that, “at the very least,” the plaintiff had “established a fair ground for litigation.”

http://www.iand.uscourts.gov/e-web/decisions.nsf/0/89494E38379FB1CB862579DF006B0D9E/$File/Arnzen+v.+Palmer,+et+al.pdf

Of course the 8th Circuit reversed Judge Doty when the District Court granted a motion for preliminary injunction sought by Brady during then 2011 CBA negotiations

https://pennstatelaw.psu.edu/_file/Sports%20Law%20Policy%20and%20Research%20Institute/nfl_ca8_brief.pdf

So Judge Doty may figure he will do what he pleases and if he gets reversed after ruling for Brady so be it - such are the benefits of a lifetime appointment
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 11:42 am

The league filed in NY to preempt the union going to Doty. Fun stuff.

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 11:46 am

HeinzMustard wrote:
What's the story on the 2nd stringer Garapalo or whatever his name is?  Is he like Brady... pure pocket passer?  Good arm?  Mobility?  

He's inexperienced ... it'll take him a few games to learn how to cheat like the rest of the Patriots*.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 1:35 pm

Anyone happen to notice how they are comparing Brady to Hardy?
Everyone (ie the media) keeps saying its not on the same level Hardys is way worse. People seem to forget he missed 15 games last season and the first 4 this year meaning a GRAND TOTAL of 19!
Yes, the 15 he still got paid for but he didn't play in said games so I still don't see how no one has said this yet lol
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 4:25 pm

Cry me a river Brady. The "precedent" that has been set is that you, your teammates, your coach, and the entire Patriots* organization are nothing but cheaters who will do anything to slight the system regardless of the cost. If these past few loopholes of spygate, the illegal shifts, deflategate, etc. are what they were CAUGHT doing, just imagine everything else they have done or are doing that HASN'T been seen yet!

Excuse my French, but f*ck them.

Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 5:35 pm

HeinzMustard wrote:
What's the story on the 2nd stringer Garapalo or whatever his name is?  Is he like Brady... pure pocket passer?  Good arm?  Mobility?  

He's completely different from Brady. His style is best comparable with Russell Wilson, but "more than probable" Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 1664291743 not so good as Wilson of course.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 7:28 pm

Vis wrote:
Brady's Facebook Statement:

I am very disappointed by the NFL’s decision to uphold the 4 game suspension against me. I did nothing wrong, and no one in the Patriots** organization did either.

Despite submitting to hours of testimony over the past 6 months, it is disappointing that the Commissioner upheld my suspension based upon a standard that it was “probable” that I was “generally aware” of misconduct. The fact is that neither I, nor any equipment person, did anything of which we have been accused. He dismissed my hours of testimony and it is disappointing that he found it unreliable.

I also disagree with yesterdays narrative surrounding my cellphone. I replaced my broken Samsung phone with a new iPhone 6 AFTER my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my actual phone device would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances. As a member of a union, I was under no obligation to set a new precedent going forward, nor was I made aware at any time during Mr. Wells investigation, that failing to subject my cell phone to investigation would result in ANY discipline.

Most importantly, I have never written, texted, emailed to anybody at anytime, anything related to football air pressure before this issue was raised at the AFC Championship game in January. To suggest that I destroyed a phone to avoid giving the NFL information it requested is completely wrong.

To try and reconcile the record and fully cooperate with the investigation after I was disciplined in May, we turned over detailed pages of cell phone records and all of the emails that Mr. Wells requested. We even contacted the phone company to see if there was any possible way we could retrieve any/all of the actual text messages from my old phone. In short, we exhausted every possibility to give the NFL everything we could and offered to go thru the identity for every text and phone call during the relevant time. Regardless, the NFL knows that Mr. Wells already had ALL relevant communications with Patriots** personnel that either Mr. Wells saw or that I was questioned about in my appeal hearing. There is no “smoking gun” and this controversy is manufactured to distract from the fact they have zero evidence of wrongdoing.

I authorized the NFLPA to make a settlement offer to the NFL so that we could avoid going to court and put this inconsequential issue behind us as we move forward into this season. The discipline was upheld without any counter offer. I respect the Commissioners authority, but he also has to respect the CBA and my rights as a private citizen. I will not allow my unfair discipline to become a precedent for other NFL players without a fight.

Lastly, I am overwhelmed and humbled by the support of family, friends and our fans who have supported me since the false accusations were made after the AFC Championship game. I look forward to the opportunity to resume playing with my teammates and winning more games for the New England Patriots**.

https://www.facebook.com/TomBrady/posts/956989441008873

Translation:

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!! Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 2440041547

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 11:16 pm

I for one am sick of hearing "But he's still one of the best ever." Bullshit. He's a serial cheater who attempted to cover it up because he was afraid his golden boy image would go to shit. He should have been suspended for the SB. Brady and the Pats* are nothing but frauds.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 3:42 pm

Minnesota court hands off Brady case to New York

Posted by Mike Florio on July 30, 2015

NFL 1, NFLPA 0.

On Tuesday, the NFL immediately filed in federal court in Manhattan a lawsuit seeking confirmation of the arbitration award that suspended Patriots* quarterback Tom Brady for four games. On Wednesday, the NFLPA filed a competing lawsuit in Minnesota.

On Thursday, the Minnesota court stepped aside.

As NFLPA spokesman George Atallah said during an appearance on The Dan Patrick Show, the Minnesota case has been transferred to New York, where the NFL first filed the case.

While the NFL managed to avoid Minnesota, they still have to deal with Judge Richard M. Berman, who was appointed to the bench by a Democratic president — which means that Judge Berman’s overall philosophies and precedents will more likely favor labor, not management.

to read rest of article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/30/minnesota-court-hands-off-brady-case-to-new-york/
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 3:48 pm

Of course... It's all Obama's fault. #thanksobama

. .
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 5:41 pm

No matter what happens an attorney will always claim it is never a setback and just another step on the road to victory Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 1664291743

A federal judge in Minnesota earlier Thursday ordered that Brady's attempt to vacate his suspension be transferred to New York.

Brady and the NFLPA had filed their suit Wednesday in Minnesota, but the NFL already had filed papers Tuesday in New York, moments after announcing that commissioner Roger Goodell upheld the suspension for Brady's involvement in Deflategate.

U.S. District Court Judge Richard Kyle ordered the transfer, saying he "sees little reason for this action to have been commenced in Minnesota at all." He noted that Brady plays in Massachusetts as a member of the Patriots**, the union is headquartered in Washington and the NFL in New York. Kyle added that "the arbitration proceedings took place in New York and the award was issued in New York."

Jeffrey Kessler, the lead attorney for Brady and the union, wasn't concerned about Judge Kyle's decision.

"[The change of venue] makes absolutely no difference to us," he told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. "We're still in a neutral forum for the first time in this case. Our arguments are compelling, and we think when they are presented here [in New York], they will remain compelling."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13345115/new-england-Patriots**-qb-tom-brady-lawsuit-heard-new-york-not-minnesota

So you filed suit in Minnesota after the league filed in New York even though it makes no difference where the case is tried?  Got it confused
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 2:48 pm

Latest reports are ready will withdraw for an injunction and they will settle out of court before the season begins. The Manhattan judge told them yesterday to figure it out themselves and most likely smacked the Brady camp down letting them know they don't have a chance in hell of winning an injunction.

-as per a Comcast report I heard on Sirius

. .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brady vs. Steelers week one
Page 15 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next