Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle

Go down 
+33
Stryker
Lokki
Stella Nation
fer69
EbonySteel86
SteelersNorth
SteelersYak
LambertWardSteel
SteelerSpartan
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Steeler-in-west
Atlanta Dan
SteelCityUnderground
BKAnthem
kirklandrules
SteelersCanada
OX1947
FrancoLambert
jak341
El-Gonzo Jackson
steelers5895
Wallace108
harrison'samonster
Buddha Bus
Rhyno
pczach
IowaSteeler927
kan_t
SteelerFreak58
Fire Arians
PhantomJB93
BlackAndGold
Hawaii 5-0
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 12:40 pm

Are Steelers a mystery team in market for Eric Weddle

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/199896/are-steelers-a-mystery-team-in-market-for-eric-weddle

Quote :
But it seems Weddle wants to play for a contender, and reports say there are four teams in play.

Are the Steelers one of the four?

This is what we know: They've at least called Weddle's reps to check on Weddle. Might just be a feeler. Might be more. I think they are players to some extent. If Weddle draws a bidding war, I don't think the Steelers would go crazy.

But if they can make this happen, perhaps coach Mike Tomlin was setting the stage for all this back in October. Read about Tomlin's affection for Weddle before the Week 5 matchup with the Chargers
:

SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 4:45 am

How much do you think this Bryant mess hurts in the weddle sweepstakes if his choice is being based on contender status.....

BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 8:19 am

Truthfully, I doubt it hardly hurts his decision. The offense is still going to average 30 points per game. And with Ben under center, I'm sure knows this team can win a Super Bowl.

pczach

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 8:26 am

SteelerSpartan wrote:
How much do you think this Bryant mess hurts in the weddle sweepstakes if his choice is being based on contender status.....

It's hard to say how much weight Weddle will put into his suspension.

I think seeing a team with a great quarterback and a chance to win is the most important thing he will consider besides the money. Knowing that the defense will be better if he comes to the team is a given in his mind. Weddle has a unique understanding of how great quarterbacks are able to impose their will on defenses and how they make players around them better, because he has been a safety playing in chess matches with quarterbacks all the time. He knows who is great and who is not.

He is well aware of #7 and he has to know the pedigree of the organization to add talent to win championships.

He has to know that Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Big Ben have been the starting quarterbacks for the team representing the AFC in 13 of the last 15 Super Bowls. If that doesn't tell him where he should sign if he wants to win, nothing will.

In the end, I don't think Bryant's suspension will be a big factor on whether he decides to play for the Steelers.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 9:44 am

ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 3964572787

fer69

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 2:47 pm

Clarity on Eric Weddle’s next destination coming this week

Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2016, 2:35 PM
With free agency firmly in phase two, safety Eric Weddle has moved to the top of the list of available talent. Later this week, more clarity about his next destination will emerge.

As noted by Michael Gehlken of the San Diego Union-Tribune, Weddle has four offers on the table. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Weddle has decided to keep the identity of all interested teams secret.

Two of the offers are expected to be rejected without a counter, reducing the final field to two franchises. Apparently, Weddle’s discretion is aimed at ensuring fans and players on teams that are (or aren’t) in the hunt won’t react negatively toward that franchise (or, possibly, to him) once he chooses another destination.

Of course, that type of unusual secrecy will prompt some to suggest that, if Weddle isn’t naming the interested teams, one or more of them are fictitious, aimed at squeezing perhaps the one team that is interested. Regardless, an answer seems to be coming soon from the well-respect 30-year-old who has made it to three Pro Bowls and who has been named a first-team All Pro twice.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/13/clarity-on-eric-weddles-next-destination-coming-this-week/

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 2:53 pm

fer69 wrote:
Clarity on Eric Weddle’s next destination coming this week

Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2016, 2:35 PM
With free agency firmly in phase two, safety Eric Weddle has moved to the top of the list of available talent. Later this week, more clarity about his next destination will emerge.

As noted by Michael Gehlken of the San Diego Union-Tribune, Weddle has four offers on the table. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Weddle has decided to keep the identity of all interested teams secret.

Two of the offers are expected to be rejected without a counter, reducing the final field to two franchises. Apparently, Weddle’s discretion is aimed at ensuring fans and players on teams that are (or aren’t) in the hunt won’t react negatively toward that franchise (or, possibly, to him) once he chooses another destination.

Of course, that type of unusual secrecy will prompt some to suggest that, if Weddle isn’t naming the interested teams, one or more of them are fictitious, aimed at squeezing perhaps the one team that is interested. Regardless, an answer seems to be coming soon from the well-respect 30-year-old who has made it to three Pro Bowls and who has been named a first-team All Pro twice.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/13/clarity-on-eric-weddles-next-destination-coming-this-week/

Hey maybe we will have a Drama Queen on both sides of the ball.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 3:24 pm

If the Steelers, Ravens, cowboys, and maybe still Raiders, are the teams most interested, and he's evaluating from a: money-chance at winning-good schools/community perspective, you'd think the Steelers would be at the top of that list. The Steelers are forecast to be a top team in the AFC this year, Vegas puts them in line with Pats* as best odds to reach SB. Even with Bryant's loss the Green signing helps offset it, and Green may actually be able to help the situation having played with him in SD.

Pittsburgh is a good community to work and live in, I'm not saying any better or worse than the others because I haven't spent time there, but at least even with any on the list.

That would leave only the money issue where the Steelers could lag behind. Maybe reading too much into it, but I'd guess if anyone blew him away with an offer he'd have taken already despite saying he's weighing the other options in his decision. A little surprised at the Steelers interest in OL players, but they must have some money and willingness to spend if they are still runnng FA's into Pittsburgh.

I guess we'll know soon enough. It be awesome to bring Beachum back AND sign Weddle.

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 3:48 pm

Ironically, Okung may be the one who prevent the Steelers signing Weddle. Wouldn't think about it before.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 8:31 am

Would I like Weddle playing for the Black and Gold? Sure I do! But given that we need one more OT, his age and that there are plenty of very good safeties in this year's draft, I would go for Okung or Beachum and a safety in the draft. It's far more difficult to find a good OT in the draft.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 1:27 pm

I've heard Weddle is visiting the Cheatriots today...urghhhhhh ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 2913999526 ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 1505004552
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 1:30 pm

SteelersNorth wrote:
I've heard Weddle is visiting the Cheatriots today...urghhhhhh ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 2913999526 ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 1505004552

I think he ends up there or in Carolina.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 1:42 pm

Weddle has signed for the Ravens Crapoport says.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 1:48 pm

fuck the ravens

so he signed with a 5-11 team for a chance to win a championship? that was all bullshit he just wanted $$

Last edited by Fire Arians on Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 1:48 pm

Stella Nation wrote:

What a dick.
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 1:54 pm

Poor teegre

El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 1:55 pm

Stella Nation wrote:

Ouch, Teegre's worst nightmare.  

First Matt Elam, now Weddle. Four years $26 Million for Weddle, including $13 million the first 2 years.

Last edited by El-Gonzo Jackson on Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EbonySteel86

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 1:57 pm

Bryant out for the year, and the Ravens get Weddle.......AWSOME!
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 1:59 pm

We lose Bryant and the ravens add weddle.....meanwhile our secondary remains vulnerable....

Hopefully green can fill in as another weapon and we keep leveon and brown healthy

Last edited by SteelerSpartan on Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 2:01 pm

Time to bring back Hines, just to punish Weddle. lol
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 2:04 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
fuck the ravens

so he signed with a 5-11 team for a chance to win a championship? that was all bullshit he just wanted $$

Now that the length and amount is out he totally went for the coin.
The Steelers probably offered 3 years and 5.5.
But again in knowing what he got I'm glad they didn't get him cause it would be a Polamlau situation all over again with dead money on the cap more than likely.

See how he does when AB blows by him at Heinz this season ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 1647293567
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 2:07 pm

A 1st round safety isn't going to help us all that much this year.....so we are left hoping somehow golson and golden are enough to get this pass defense out of the cellar.......I swear if they bring blake back....I'm going to lose it

SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 2:13 pm

SteelerSpartan wrote:
A 1st round safety isn't going to help us all that much this year.....so we are left hoping somehow golson and golden are enough to get this pass defense out of the cellar.......I swear if they bring blake....I'm going to lose it

Until Golson got hurt how ever he did it he was supposed to be the starting slot CB.

Should they draft a S in RD 1 or CB in RD 1 and either or in RD 2 I think both are starters from day 1, simply due to not having that upper calibre player in those positions as it stands.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 2:23 pm

SteelerSpartan wrote:
A 1st round safety isn't going to help us all that much this year.....so we are left hoping somehow golson and golden are enough to get this pass defense out of the cellar.......I swear if they bring blake back....I'm going to lose it

Tony Jefferson, Hussain Abdullah or David Bruton as plan B??
Back to top Go down
Stryker

Stryker

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 2:25 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
fuck the ravens

Money trumps potential championships; always take more money.

"It was time to go to the mattresses if you will" - Mike Tomlin

The worst tragedy in the world is running out of a pack of Luckies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle   ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

ESPN: Steelers will 'explore' signing veteran safety Eric Weddle
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next