Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeFIRE Keith Butler!!! - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

FIRE Keith Butler!!!

Go down 
+12
WVABE
effyou515
Lokki
Steeler-in-west
OX1947
El-Gonzo Jackson
SteelersYak
schillah
solardave
Fire Arians
SteelerSpartan
Hawaii 5-0
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

FIRE Keith Butler!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRE Keith Butler!!!   FIRE Keith Butler!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 8:57 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
10 WORST INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCES FROM SUNDAY’S WEEK 3 ACTION

by SAM MONSON

Every Tuesday, PFF will be releasing its list of the lowest-graded players at each NFL position for that week. But Senior Analyst Sam Monson gets a jump on that by picking out 10 individual performances from Sunday’s games that stood out for just how bad they were.

Here are the 10 worst performances from Sunday’s Week 3 action:

3. Ryan Shazier, LB, Pittsburgh Steelers

After an excellent performance in the first game of the season, Shazier has regressed back to poor play, struggling in coverage against the Eagles in particular. He was in primary coverage on five targets, four of which were caught for 103 yards and a touchdown, as he was the chief victim of Eagles running back Darren Sproles out of the backfield.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-10-worst-individual-performances-from-sundays-week-3-action/

Just another reason I don't trust PFF. On the above play, the Steelers were playing cover 3 and Shazier had the underneath, left half of the field. He was right to let Sproles go and attack Wentz. Unfortunately, Cockrell didn't stay in his deep zone and followed a receiver across the field. But PFF can think it was blown man coverage on Shazier's part if they choose.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: FIRE Keith Butler!!!   FIRE Keith Butler!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 9:39 am

Don't get me wrong in this guys because I like the talent that Dupree brings. But everyone is chatting about him being a huge reason the Steelers don't have sacks. He looked great last year starting with 4 sacks, then had none the last 8 games and playoffs. I wouldn't assume he had it all figured out ... I hope he will when he comes back, but won't be counting on him to be the sack machine that's expected of him.

I dismiss the idea that you should be able to generate sacks consistently with just 4 guys using the scheme the Steelers defense runs (usually 2 down linemen and 2 OLBs). In the old days when they ran a true 3-4 you had Casey Hampton getting double teamed in the middle; Aaron Smith getting double teamed on his side; that's 4 offensive linemen blocking 2 players. Then you had the other DE (Von Oelhoffen, then Kiesel) and 2 OLBs coming against 1 maybe 2 more offensive blockers. As you can see, you always had a guy either coming free or overloading the blockers. You don't have this in this set. Offensive linemen are not having to double-team more than 1 defensive linemen.

To make matters worse, offenses are throwing quick, underneath passes. That takes most of your outside passrushes away. It's hard to get to the QB in less than 2 seconds (which is how fast Wentz is releasing the ball). In the days Harrison was getting all his sacks, everyone was amaze that he was making sacks in less than 2.5 seconds. The math doesn't add up anymore.

So, saying you have to get there with 4 defenders, you're telling me that you need 7 guys in coverage to handle 5 or few receivers? That's a DB problem, not a front 7 problem. Maybe the DBs will get enough experience this season to allow Butler to have them reduce their cushion, if not press (which will cause the QB to hold the ball a fraction longer), then bring 5 guys to the QB.

Having said all of the above, I thought Butler was looking like a genius the first two games. He wasn't bring the heat, his DBs were learning, and they were winning. Philly made some plays, but too many times the Steelers defense just needed to make a tackle to end drives, but failed to do it. Had they tackled and caught the football, that game would have been much more enjoyable to watch.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: FIRE Keith Butler!!!   FIRE Keith Butler!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 11:29 am

kirklandrules wrote:

Just another reason I don't trust PFF. .

The advance stats websites are a big source of stat information so that the casual fan who doesn't fully understand football can point to something tangible and have discussions with other fans. OR, use to pick their fantasy team.

Like so many other areas of life, statistics can be just an indicator of something to look at, but can also be misleading.

I once heard of a study where banana plantation workers had a high rate of orthopedic related injuries, so there was a correlation to consuming high level of potassium (in bananas) and osteoporosis. Upon deeper investigation, it proved that many of the plantation workers were slipping on banana peels and getting injured. FIRE Keith Butler!!! - Page 2 294855916 Stats can be misleading.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: FIRE Keith Butler!!!   FIRE Keith Butler!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 1:47 pm

PFF was pretty accurate when it came to scoring antwon blake though.

Then again, you don't need any stats or scientific data to back up the fact he sucks
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: FIRE Keith Butler!!!   FIRE Keith Butler!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 2:16 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
PFF was pretty accurate when it came to scoring antwon blake though.

Then again, you don't need any stats or scientific data to back up the fact he sucks

True, if you know what to look for you could see Blake's issues. I think SteelersCanada pointed it out early in 2015, but I believe Blake posted a good game according to PFF against the Bengals in 2015 and all the underdog fanboys jumped on the Blake Bandwagon because PFF had stats that said he was good. FIRE Keith Butler!!! - Page 2 1797695198

We know now that the bandwagon caught fire, the wheels fell off and the CB formerly known as Antowan Blake is now relocated in witness protection under the name Valentino. But at least PFF graded him out as good one week. FIRE Keith Butler!!! - Page 2 3562723908
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: FIRE Keith Butler!!!   FIRE Keith Butler!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 4:58 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
...and well try to do a little bit better than we have been.”

TRY and do a LITTLE better??  How bout you TRY and do something completely different scheme wise and send some friggin pass rushers instead of having the D play on their heels the whole game.  It's like watching a team who is up by 20 playing a prevent D at the end of the game.  Problem is, we ain't up by 20 and it's not even halftime...

Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: FIRE Keith Butler!!!   FIRE Keith Butler!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 2:24 pm

Keith Butler Confirms He Showed Chiefs New Looks Sunday

BY ALEX KOZORA OCTOBER 6, 2016

I don’t think you needed him to confirm what your eyes saw but Keith Butler admitted he was more aggressive against the Kansas City Chiefs.

And he needed to be in order to restart, or just plain start, a pass rush that was abysmal the first three weeks. By game’s end, Butler had sent more five man pressures and blitzes than he had in any game this season.

He talked about his gameplan with Steelers.com’s Missi Matthews on Coordinator’s Corner.

“Everybody says I blitzed more and all that stuff. We did, we blitzed a little bit more, and we gave the appearance of blitzing. We didn’t really blitz, we had some false blitzing going on, and we still just rushed four but it appeared we were rushing five, rushing six sometimes. Different type of fire zones and fire zones we’ll use. We’ll continue to do that throughout the year. Sometimes we will blitz. Sometimes we’ll bring six. We’ve done that before.”

That included a couple of new wrinkles.

“We ran some stuff they hadn’t seen before from us. They really did a good job of executing. We tried to hold these guys, as much as we could, to keep them under our goal of 16 points.”

If you missed my post earlier this week, Butler sent five 32.7% of the time and blitzed, sent someone who wasn’t a DL or OLB, 41.4%. Those were easily his two highest marks of the year.

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/10/keith-butler-confirms-showed-chiefs-new-looks-sunday/
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: FIRE Keith Butler!!!   FIRE Keith Butler!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 5:16 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Keith Butler Confirms He Showed Chiefs New Looks Sunday

BY ALEX KOZORA OCTOBER 6, 2016

I don’t think you needed him to confirm what your eyes saw but Keith Butler admitted he was more aggressive against the Kansas City Chiefs.

And he needed to be in order to restart, or just plain start, a pass rush that was abysmal the first three weeks. By game’s end, Butler had sent more five man pressures and blitzes than he had in any game this season.

He talked about his gameplan with Steelers.com’s Missi Matthews on Coordinator’s Corner.

“Everybody says I blitzed more and all that stuff. We did, we blitzed a little bit more, and we gave the appearance of blitzing. We didn’t really blitz, we had some false blitzing going on, and we still just rushed four but it appeared we were rushing five, rushing six sometimes. Different type of fire zones and fire zones we’ll use. We’ll continue to do that throughout the year. Sometimes we will blitz. Sometimes we’ll bring six. We’ve done that before.”

That included a couple of new wrinkles.

“We ran some stuff they hadn’t seen before from us. They really did a good job of executing. We tried to hold these guys, as much as we could, to keep them under our goal of 16 points.”

If you missed my post earlier this week, Butler sent five 32.7% of the time and blitzed, sent someone who wasn’t a DL or OLB, 41.4%. Those were easily his two highest marks of the year.

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/10/keith-butler-confirms-showed-chiefs-new-looks-sunday/

imho

not much tape on Wentz plus the young Steelers secondary so Butler called that game safe didn't help with the miss tackles with the Steelers offense laying a big rotton egg.

now Butler has some tape on Wentz.

the offense didn't help out the defense at all.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: FIRE Keith Butler!!!   FIRE Keith Butler!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 5:20 pm

been looking at next years draft there are a couple of pass rushing DEs in the 260lbs range that could fall and help out the Steelers 3-4 4-3 front looks.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: FIRE Keith Butler!!!   FIRE Keith Butler!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 5:44 pm

effyou515 wrote:
been looking at next years draft there are a couple of pass rushing DEs in the 260lbs range that could fall and help out the Steelers 3-4 4-3 front looks.

Available at 32 though? FIRE Keith Butler!!! - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIRE Keith Butler!!!   FIRE Keith Butler!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

FIRE Keith Butler!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2