Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeKeith Butler and his philosophy  - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Keith Butler and his philosophy

Go down 
+10
stlrtruck
IowaSteeler927
Steeler-in-west
effyou515
OX1947
El-Gonzo Jackson
Jazzo
Rick5895
Atlanta Dan
schillah
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Keith Butler and his philosophy  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keith Butler and his philosophy    Keith Butler and his philosophy  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 8:34 am

This week will be key for Butler to prove himself.

While Steelers fans have visions of lifting #7, every year until it actually happens (then we'll instantly reach for #8), the other vision they have is knocking the crap out of the ratbirds and Flacco.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Keith Butler and his philosophy  - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: Keith Butler and his philosophy    Keith Butler and his philosophy  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 10:01 am

effyou515 wrote:
didn't you people notice the Steelers playing the 4-3 defense against the Patriots** and the past years the Patriots** torched the Steelers 3-4 defense? the way the Giant defense shut down the Patriots** offense in the big game?

how to spend the salary cap money on the defense to get the best bang for the buck is the question.

out of the 4-3 defense you can run defensive line stunts plus the fire blitz.

also there are some good raw quick DEs coming out of college in the later rounds so what you want them to set on the bench as the learn to be a OLB in a 3-4 defense.

the Steelers have the middle of the 4-3 defense in place it is just edges of the defense that they need the players.

build from the inside out on with the front 7 watch these young DBs come into their on next season.

i'm just crazy effyou but next years draft will tell the story.

was that 4-3 or nickel? I don't remember 4 d linemen on the field

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Keith Butler and his philosophy    Keith Butler and his philosophy  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 4:15 pm

schillah wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
didn't you people notice the Steelers playing the 4-3 defense against the Patriots*** and the past years the Patriots*** torched the Steelers 3-4 defense? the way the Giant defense shut down the Patriots*** offense in the big game?

how to spend the salary cap money on the defense to get the best bang for the buck is the question.

also there are some good raw quick DEs coming out of college in the later rounds so what you want them to set on the bench as the learn to be a OLB in a 3-4 defense.

the Steelers have the middle of the 4-3 defense in place it is just edges of the defense that they need the players.

build from the inside out on with the front 7 watch these young DBs come into their on next season.

Yeah, I was going to say, I never have seen our defense use 4 defensive linemen in a long time.

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Keith Butler and his philosophy    Keith Butler and his philosophy  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 2:42 am

Jazzo wrote:
schillah wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
didn't you people notice the Steelers playing the 4-3 defense against the Patriots**** and the past years the Patriots**** torched the Steelers 3-4 defense? the way the Giant defense shut down the Patriots**** offense in the big game?

Yeah, I was going to say, I never have seen our defense use 4 defensive linemen in a long time.

I'm saying Shazier is not a 3-4 LB he is a 4-3 LB that needs help from the DTs to keep him clean on running plays but he has the speed to drop deep in pass coverage. right now the Steelers have a great plug and play DTs.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Keith Butler and his philosophy    Keith Butler and his philosophy  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 9:35 am

effyou515 wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
schillah wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
didn't you people notice the Steelers playing the 4-3 defense against the Patriots***** and the past years the Patriots***** torched the Steelers 3-4 defense? the way the Giant defense shut down the Patriots***** offense in the big game?

I'm saying Shazier is not a 3-4 LB he is a 4-3 LB  that needs help from the DTs to keep him clean on running plays but he has the speed to drop deep in pass coverage. right now the Steelers have a great plug and play DTs.

The Mack LB in a 3-4 has always been projected as a more athletic LB, so most guys that play the Mack also project to a 4-3 Will LB. Spence, Farrior, Timmons, Shazier are all guys that projected as a 4-3 weakside OLB or 3-4 ILB again playing the weakside or Mack position. As for Shazier "dropping deep in pass coverage", I can rarely think of any defensive scheme where the ILB is responsible for a deep 1/3 or quarter of the field. The only time an ILB is deep in pass coverage is if he is in man coverage and the RB goes deep on extended plays. Majority of zone coverage schemes the ILB has hook-curl underneath.

The notion that Shazier is out of position at ILB that some fans have and should be moved to safety is just something that is confusing to me. So the guy has 4.35 speed...that doesn't make him a safety. Also, the notion that the Steelers have 4-3 personel is also confusing to me. They don't have anybody that is a protorype 4-3DE on the roster. Maybe Dupree, but in a 4-3, Heyward, Tuitt, Hargrave, McCullers, Walton are all DT's.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Keith Butler and his philosophy    Keith Butler and his philosophy  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 7:10 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

The Mack LB in a 3-4 has always been projected as a more athletic LB, so most guys that play the Mack also project to a 4-3 Will LB.  Spence, Farrior, Timmons, Shazier are all guys that projected as a 4-3 weakside OLB or 3-4 ILB again playing the weakside or Mack position.  As for Shazier "dropping deep in pass coverage", I can rarely think of any defensive scheme where the ILB is responsible for a deep 1/3 or quarter of the field.  The only time an ILB is deep in pass coverage is if he is in man coverage and the RB goes deep on extended plays.  Majority of zone coverage schemes the ILB has hook-curl underneath.

The notion that Shazier is out of position at ILB that some fans have and should be moved to safety is just something that is confusing to me.  So the guy has 4.35 speed...that doesn't make him a safety.  Also, the notion that the Steelers have 4-3 personel is also confusing to me.  They don't have anybody that is a protorype 4-3DE on the roster.  Maybe Dupree, but in a 4-3, Heyward, Tuitt, Hargrave, McCullers, Walton are all DT's.

Well said! @El-Gonzo Jackson

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Keith Butler and his philosophy    Keith Butler and his philosophy  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 9:42 pm

did you see how the Colts sheared the Packers defense?

the same 3-4 defense the Steelers run notice how the Colts offense sheared the Packers defense?

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keith Butler and his philosophy    Keith Butler and his philosophy  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Keith Butler and his philosophy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2