Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNext Up: Ratbirds on Christmas Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas

Go down 
+25
Rhyno
SteelCity4Life
Geordie
effyou515
WVABE
kirklandrules
Shalieve5090
Atlanta Dan
Jazzo
El-Gonzo Jackson
SteelerFreak58
solardave
Wallace108
kan_t
jak341
Steeler-in-west
OX1947
Mach1
LambertWardSteel
Drizztbob
stlrtruck
FrancoLambert
Fire Arians
marvology
Steelcitian
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas Empty
PostSubject: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 12:46 pm

I have a feeling things go differently this time around and a statement is made. These clowns need to be put back in their place and no better time to do it than Christmas evening. If the defense plays like they did in the second half of the Bengals game, and the offense doesn't stall in the red zone, its a win.
Please don't ruin my smores ice box cake my wife is making that night.
Back to top Go down
marvology
Xtreme Newb
marvology

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 1:24 pm

These division games never seem to reflect records. I'm really worried about this game and even the Browns game.

http://www.marvbook.com
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 1:30 pm

i wanna beat these guys badly, i can't stand losing to them anymore
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 1:39 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
i wanna beat these guys badly, i can't stand losing to them anymore

Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas 1647293567

Agree big time. Another loss to them at home would be devastating....for this season and also going forward.

It will become a "mental" thing carried over to next season.
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 1:54 pm

A)Win clinch the division
B)lose win last game and root for Cincinnati

please choose option A
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 3:14 pm

Steelcitian wrote:

I have a feeling things go differently this time around and a statement is made. These clowns need to be put back in their place and no better time to do it than Christmas evening. If the defense plays like they did in the second half of the Bengals game, and the offense doesn't stall in the red zone, its a win.

What the hell is that?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 3:15 pm

Steelcitian wrote:
A)Win clinch the division
B)lose win last game and root for Cincinnati

please choose option A

There shouldn't be an Option B for them at this point.

They know what's on the line, and they should recognize what needs to be done by their own accord.

Be done with the non-sense type games and run amuck on these fools.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 3:41 pm

I have far more faith in this team at home, so I hope they can focus on the W that is long overdue against this team.

Let's put some Steel City coal in the stockings of all those Ratbird fans out there!

LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 3:55 pm

Steelcitian wrote:

you bet, let's kick ass
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 5:30 pm

And I do believe its color rush week.

Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas Steelers-color-rush-2016

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 10:33 pm

Steelers will need to run the table to win it all. It is that simple.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 1:28 am

I'm worried about our D-Line. they're going to try to run through our patchwork D-line and then get Flacco going late in the game to try to seal it.

It'll be interesting to see if Tuitt can be ready. I am encouraged by our second half D from the Cincy game. If that intensity shows up we have a good shot. Ben should play well at home also.
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 9:22 am

Steeler-in-west wrote:
I'm worried about our D-Line. they're going to try to run through our patchwork D-line and then get Flacco going late in the game to try to seal it.

It'll be interesting to see if Tuitt can be ready. I am encouraged by our second half D from the Cincy game. If that intensity shows up we have a good shot. Ben should play well at home also.
Really missing Heyward
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 11:24 am

OX1947 wrote:

So in order to win, we have to not lose Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 11:43 am

Fire Arians wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

So in order to win, we have to not lose Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas 1797695198
I like it!
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 12:18 pm

Injury updates from the Tomlin Presser:

• Tuitt-Knee sprain. In Rehab. Day to day. Participation will be guide.
  • Matthews-ankle injury. Day to day. Participation will be guide.
  • Green-concussion. In protocol, no update.
  • DeWill- ready to go and expected to play and have impact.
  • DHB-physically ready, but not football ready. As always, participation will be guide.
  • Thomas-limited. Participation will be guide.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 1:13 pm

Steelcitian wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

I like it!

So what you're saying is, Must Wine, Can No Lose!?

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 11:00 pm

jak341 wrote:
Injury updates from the Tomlin Presser:

• Tuitt-Knee sprain. In Rehab. Day to day. Participation will be guide.
  • Matthews-ankle injury. Day to day. Participation will be guide.
  • Green-concussion. In protocol, no update.
  • DeWill- ready to go and expected to play and have impact.
  • DHB-physically ready, but not football ready. As always, participation will be guide.
  • Thomas-limited. Participation will be guide.

Doubt Green will play given his history. That hurts when you consider how he becomes a big part of the offense lately.

Tuitt hopefully can play for obvious reason.

I hope DHB or Thomas could play. The special team coverage is terrible and their comeback would help a lot.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 2:35 am

Steelers hopeful of having Tuitt in lineup against Ravens

Head coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday that Tuitt, who has taken on a larger role, moving all over the defensive line since the loss of Heyward, has a chance to play against the Ravens. He had an MRI Monday and it revealed no structural damage.

“We will watch him participate over the course of the week and see what that participation looks like,” said Tomlin. “The position that he plays gives him an opportunity, probably it would be less likely so if he was a wide receiver or cornerback. We will give him an opportunity to show his overall readiness.”

http://www.observer-reporter.com/20161220/steelers_hopeful_of_having_tuitt_in_lineup_against_ravens

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 6:53 am

I'd like to think the second half D against the Bengals was a statement and we can continue with it against the Ravens. The best statement: The "NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY US" statement would be total domination in this game. That's all I want for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 9:24 am

I just want a low penalty, no trick plays when you are moving the football down the field at will, Ben not throwing deep on 3rd and 3 all the time, move the damn chains, could you please tackle that guy, kind of game. Is that to much to ask?
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 10:24 am

You know who will need to step up this week ? The offensive line....BIG TIME!

Last time they could not get any push in the run game and it seemed they could not protect Ben well enough in the pocket. I have maintained all season that AV is the weakest link on the line, but he has been playing really well the past few weeks. The Steelers defense cant give up the big play, but the O line needs to keep Ben clean and drive block for #26 and #34 in the run game.
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 12:56 pm

Looking at both sides of the fan base, sounds like hopeful kids on Christmas morn..
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 3:24 pm

This is no doubt a playoff game and my nerves are responding accordingly. Christmas day at home, it is time to put the rats losing streak at an end and end their season. Not that it really matters, but we're getting picked to win by most I've seen so far, although Dulac of course is picking the Ravens at Post Gazette.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 8:20 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
This is no doubt a playoff game and my nerves are responding accordingly. Christmas day at home, it is time to put the rats losing streak at an end and end their season. Not that it really matters, but we're getting picked to win by most I've seen so far, although Dulac of course is picking the Ravens at Post Gazette.

Most players would call this bulletin board material, and in this case it would be for the ratbirds (if the talking heads are picking the Steelers). However, at this point in the season if you need bulletin board material to get up for this game, then you don't belong on the field.

The Steelers shouldn't need to be the underdog to get up for the fight, and they should be able to focus on the prize and task at hand.

In the words of Larry The Cable Guy, "Git 'r Done"

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas   Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas Empty

Back to top Go down

Next Up: Ratbirds on Christmas
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next