Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeStevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Stevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers

Go down 
+5
SteelerFreak58
solardave
Wallace108
Master_Of_Puppets
LambertWardSteel
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Stevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers   Stevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 12:52 pm

we are 100% in agreement, so why am i hammering out these mini novels ? burnett is solid , no rookie is going to take his job. but there's shit for depth behind both safeties.
bostic on the other hand. i am not sold on. he may be as good as vince williams, but i am not a fan of williams the starter. i liked him as a backup.
so with that said i still see ILB as the priority need. landing burnett moves safety from #2 to #3 on my list. OLB should be #2. unless dupree explodes this year. i can't see them bringing him back for the fifth year option. he's better than jarvis jones , but not by much.

no team was going to give up 2 1st rnd picks for bell. so why colbert didn't see that as a bargaining tool is beyond me. only good could have come from it. bell would have had the chance to see his value is far lower than what he puts on himself.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers   Stevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 2:44 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
we are 100% in agreement, so why am i hammering out these mini novels ? burnett is solid , no rookie is going to take his job. but there's shit for depth behind both safeties.
bostic on the other hand. i am not sold on. he may be as good as vince williams, but i am not a fan of williams the starter. i liked him as a backup.
so with that said i still see ILB as the priority need. landing burnett moves safety from #2 to #3 on my list. OLB should be #2. unless dupree explodes this year. i can't see them bringing him back for the fifth year option. he's better than jarvis jones , but not by much.

no team was going to give up 2 1st rnd picks for bell. so why colbert didn't see that as a bargaining tool is beyond me. only good could have come from it. bell would have had the chance to see his value is far lower than what he puts on himself.

Finding out no one will pay his price might have humbled Bell but right now he has the upper hand IMO. Out of the FA signings Bostic is the one that I think may not even be on the 53 man roster because he has another injury. I think if they use Dupree more rushing the passer and he learns to shed blockers better he can be a lot better than Jones was, but he hasn't shown he can yet. you're right I agree we need help at ILB/OLB. Don't forget about Sutton as a safety.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers   Stevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 9:24 pm

Yeah as really think that Guice will be leaving the team IMHO. But still Ridley can help with the younger guys. As he is going to be mentoring it seems.

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers   Stevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 9:12 pm

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Finding out no one will pay his price might have humbled Bell but right now he has the upper hand IMO. Out of the FA signings Bostic is the one that I think may not even be on the 53 man roster because he has another injury. I think if they use Dupree more rushing the passer and he learns to shed blockers better he can be a lot better than Jones was, but he hasn't shown he can yet. you're right I agree we need help at ILB/OLB. Don't forget about Sutton as a safety.

i have yet to see any of the brass mention sutton and safety in the same sentence. a lot of the talking heads had sutton pegged as a safety coming out of college , but so far nobody in the organization has said they are leaning that way. we really didn't get to see enough of sutton the corner .i guess it doesn't really matter if your nickle back is a corner or safety. Stevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers - Page 2 2087824411
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers   Stevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2018 11:45 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

i have yet to see any of the brass mention sutton and safety in the same sentence. a lot of the talking heads had sutton pegged as a safety coming out of college , but so far nobody in the organization has said they are leaning that way. we really didn't get to see enough of sutton the corner .i guess it doesn't really matter if your nickle back is a corner or safety. Stevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers - Page 2 2087824411

Yeah they didn't but he was injured most of the year. I'm anxious to see what he brings at any position. I also want to see Burnett and Berhe.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers   Stevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2018 12:39 pm

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Yeah they didn't but he was injured most of the year. I'm anxious to see what he brings at any position. I also want to see Burnett and Berhe.
looking back to suttons draft profile perhaps provides a little insight into going after burnett instead of naming sutton safety. suttons biggest knock is he is a shitty tackler Stevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers - Page 2 1797695198 ...missed one tackle every 4.3 attempts Stevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers - Page 2 1505004552 ....hardly the guy you want at SS. i'm pretty sure one of their goals was to move davis from SS to FS , which its what burnett allows them to do.

Quote :
Name: Cameron Sutton

School: Tennessee

Position fit: Cornerback/free safety

Stats to know: Didn’t allow more than 32 receptions in a single season over the past three years.

What he does best:

Breaks on the ball well with decent ball skills. Recorded five interceptions and 17 pass breakups over the past three seasons.
Returned from injury late in 2016 and, after struggling in his first few games back, finished the year strong with impressive performances in coverage against Nebraska in the bowl game, and at the Senior Bowl.
One of the most impressive players at the Senior Bowl, with several standout plays in one-on-one drills.
At his best when the play is in front of him, meaning his best fit is in zone or at safety.
Reads wide receiver screens well and attacks them aggressively, bringing receivers down close to or behind the line of scrimmage.
Outstanding 2014 season, getting his hands on 13 passes (10 pass breakups, three interceptions) while allowing only 29 receptions

Biggest concern:

Struggles in man coverage. Was turned around at the line of scrimmage throughout his college career.
Susceptible to double moves. Several plays from last year where he was beaten deep but play didn’t result in a completion due to a drop or poor throw.
Needs to improve significantly as a tackler. Missed a tackle once every 4.3 attempted in college.
Timed speed of 4.52. Does seem to lack the speed to cover downfield.
Play has dropped off since his strong 2014

Bottom line: Sutton is hurt by the fact that he was hurt for half of the 2016 season, and because of how deep this cornerback class is. His 2014 season showed his potential, but his play has tapered off since that point. While there will be concerns about how easily Sutton lost at the line of scrimmage, and on double moves, he has the ball skills and reactions to be a starting cornerback in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers   Stevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stevan Ridley agrees to one-year deal with Steelers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2