Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers move on from Joey Porter - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers move on from Joey Porter

Go down 
+9
LambertWardSteel
Mach1
muncher
jak341
Lokki
solardave
Shalieve5090
Wallace108
Great Randino
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
muncher

Steelers move on from Joey Porter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers move on from Joey Porter   Steelers move on from Joey Porter - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 4:19 pm

jak341 wrote:
Rationale for Porter's dismissal?

https://twitter.com/DVEMike/status/1081314859977986050?s=20

at least joey recognized a problem and tried to fix it. good for him
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers move on from Joey Porter   Steelers move on from Joey Porter - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 4:30 am

muncher wrote:
jak341 wrote:

at least joey recognized a problem and tried to fix it.  good for him

I don't understand. What problem did Porter see and how did he try to fix it?
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Steelers move on from Joey Porter   Steelers move on from Joey Porter - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 9:31 am

solardave wrote:
muncher wrote:
jak341 wrote:

no leadership, no camaraderie, all me first guys...............joey might have though if he can pit offense vs defense they might at least unite on their own sides of the ball.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers move on from Joey Porter   Steelers move on from Joey Porter - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 9:43 am

muncher wrote:
solardave wrote:
muncher wrote:
jak341 wrote:

no leadership, no camaraderie, all me first guys...............joey might have though if he can pit offense vs defense they might at least unite on their own sides of the ball.

I don't agree with that. How could that possibly help? Porter has been a shit stirrer since he played.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers move on from Joey Porter   Steelers move on from Joey Porter - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 12:33 pm

Aside from TJ, the play from this position has been disappointing under Porter. I questioned the effectiveness of Lake in the secondary for a few years and I thought Lake was an outstanding player and a high quality person. But he didn't seem to get the best out of the players he had. Conversely, Olsvasky is doing a great job at ILB. IMHO, he's gotten more out of the ILBs than I thought he would. For instance, Williams, Fort, and Matakevich were developed and played better than I thought they would ... not that they were world beaters mind you, but their output has been greater than I expected from that crew. And Shazier developed into a great player.

If Porter was sh!tting on the offense, then there really is no room for that. It's one thing to jokingly take some shots at the other side of the ball, but it's clearly another thing to cause a divide on the team. Lambert hated QBs, but no one sh!t on Bradshaw while he was around.

Finally, I'm not sure if Butler is good or not. That's a tough one to understand if you're not sitting in the locker room. My 2 cents are that the defense played much better this year than in the past handful of years. I know the D had more than their share of let-downs at the end of games. But those let downs were against some of the better QBs in the league (Mahomes, Rivers, Brees, Carr). And that D got a big one against Brady and the cheaters ... hell, Tomlin takes the blame for the screw up on the only TD the Pats* scored. In the past, the Steelers D were blowing games against QBs we've never heard of and never will again. I saw improvement this year. I even give a pass for the Chargers game, knowing they had lost a few DBs and were forced to cover WRs with an undrafted ILB. Sometimes you're forced to throw the kitchen sink in because that's all that's left.
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Steelers move on from Joey Porter   Steelers move on from Joey Porter - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 3:48 pm

solardave wrote:
muncher wrote:
solardave wrote:
muncher wrote:
jak341 wrote:

I don't agree with that. How could that possibly help? Porter has been a shit stirrer since he played.

IDK, maybe at least if the defense gets united and the offense gets united, at least there is some form of team chemistry instead of total chaos
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers move on from Joey Porter   Steelers move on from Joey Porter - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 4:42 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Aside from TJ, the play from this position has been disappointing under Porter. I questioned the effectiveness of Lake in the secondary for a few years and I thought Lake was an outstanding player and a high quality person. But he didn't seem to get the best out of the players he had. Conversely, Olsvasky is doing a great job at ILB. IMHO, he's gotten more out of the ILBs than I thought he would. For instance, Williams, Fort, and Matakevich were developed and played better than I thought they would ... not that they were world beaters mind you, but their output has been greater than I expected from that crew. And Shazier developed into a great player.

If Porter was sh!tting on the offense, then there really is no room for that. It's one thing to jokingly take some shots at the other side of the ball, but it's clearly another thing to cause a divide on the team. Lambert hated Everyone especially QBs, but no one sh!t on Bradshaw while he was around.

Finally, I'm not sure if Butler is good or not. That's a tough one to understand if you're not sitting in the locker room. My 2 cents are that the defense played much better this year than in the past handful of years. I know the D had more than their share of let-downs at the end of games. But those let downs were against some of the better QBs in the league (Mahomes, Rivers, Brees, Carr). And that D got a big one against Brady and the cheaters ... hell, Tomlin takes the blame for the screw up on the only TD the Pats** scored. In the past, the Steelers D were blowing games against QBs we've never heard of and never will again. I saw improvement this year. I even give a pass for the Chargers game, knowing they had lost a few DBs and were forced to cover WRs with an undrafted ILB. Sometimes you're forced to throw the kitchen sink in because that's all that's left.
I like all you had to say there but had to amend that one statement. Lambert's my all time favorite.

Seriously I always enjoy your posts. You catch a lot more things going on live than I do.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers move on from Joey Porter   Steelers move on from Joey Porter - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 4:48 pm

Steelers should of let Porter go a couple years ago when he made an drunken butt of himself out drinking in Pittsburgh.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers move on from Joey Porter   Steelers move on from Joey Porter - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 5:06 pm

effyou515 wrote:
Steelers should of let Porter go a couple years ago when he made an drunken butt of himself out drinking in Pittsburgh.

Yeah that was him & Haley right? Steelers move on from Joey Porter - Page 2 1797695198 Steelers move on from Joey Porter - Page 2 2981382511
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers move on from Joey Porter   Steelers move on from Joey Porter - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 6:10 pm

solardave wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:

If Porter was sh!tting on the offense, then there really is no room for that. It's one thing to jokingly take some shots at the other side of the ball, but it's clearly another thing to cause a divide on the team. Lambert hated Everyone especially QBs, but no one sh!t on Bradshaw while he was around.

Finally, I'm not sure if Butler is good or not. That's a tough one to understand if you're not sitting in the locker room. My 2 cents are that the defense played much better this year than in the past handful of years. I know the D had more than their share of let-downs at the end of games. But those let downs were against some of the better QBs in the league (Mahomes, Rivers, Brees, Carr). And that D got a big one against Brady and the cheaters ... hell, Tomlin takes the blame for the screw up on the only TD the Pats*** scored. In the past, the Steelers D were blowing games against QBs we've never heard of and never will again. I saw improvement this year. I even give a pass for the Chargers game, knowing they had lost a few DBs and were forced to cover WRs with an undrafted ILB. Sometimes you're forced to throw the kitchen sink in because that's all that's left.
I like all you had to say there but had to amend that one statement. Lambert's my all time favorite.

Seriously I always enjoy your posts. You catch a lot more things going on live than I do.

Steelers move on from Joey Porter - Page 2 230572241
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers move on from Joey Porter   Steelers move on from Joey Porter - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers move on from Joey Porter
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2