Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGame Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)

Go down 
+11
Shalieve5090
Wallace108
SteelerFreak58
jak341
JPPT1974
SteelCity4Life
Hawaii 5-0
Scottish Steeler
IowaSteeler927
solardave
SteelersYak
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 10:19 pm

This team is complete ass and Tomlin is clueless. Week 1 has been a complete and total joke year in and year out. I'll never understand why they extended his contract. Dude is the new Marvin Lewis.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 10:27 pm

But hey 8-8 isn't losing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 10:27 pm

Tomlin and his coaching staff can't beat Belichick and Brady to save their lives and when they do it's usually more to do with luck, and the Patriots* committing mistakes than it is just us beating them outright. I for one, am tired of watching this over and over. We look like the hapless Dolphins.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 10:29 pm

Vince covering Gordon...lolo wtf... Fire Butler...
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 10:30 pm

I just shut the game off. I'm done for tonight. Not going to sit there and subject myself to that crap. Rather get water-boarded than sit there and watch us get our sorry asses whipped up and down the field by the freaking Patriots*.

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 10:35 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Vince covering Gordon...lolo wtf... Fire Butler...

Surprised it wasn't Chickillo since they seem to think he's the second coming of Kevin Greene.

Scottish Steeler
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 10:42 pm

I’m out guys. Thankfully my game pass didn’t work over here but listened in via Steelers radio. Thankfully I have not had to witness another shit display in Foxboro. With the #84 snake going to them then I’ll be having kittens if they get #7 before us. Strap in for another black and gold bumpy ride this year!
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 10:56 pm

Hard to win games when your offense decides to not show up.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 11:08 pm

And to think, the Pats*** are only going to get better when Van Noy and AB shows up next week. Realistically, this will be the greatest team ever assembled in the history of the NFL.

I'm really tired of mediocre football in Pittsburgh. But hey. Lots of feel good team stuff going on.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 11:29 pm

Same old outcoached Tomlin team getting flat out embarrassed by the Cheats. Never fails, we always lose.

I want to be optimistic but there really wasn't a damn thing to be optimistic about after watching that dumpster fire. This is an 8-9 win team at best IMO. I hope they prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 11:45 pm

I watched the whole game. I'm not hitting the panic button yet. Playing in NE game one with a young defense and an offense that doesn't have an identity doesn't cause me to give up hope. If we are on the same end of this kind of score next week... I'll start sweating.

The entire game was summed up in one play: Brady was hit as he "threw" and still competed it.

Rest easy, fellas as this isn't the end of the world. That was a really good team.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 12:10 am

What I find frustrating is Tomlin's inability to see what everyone else sees. Butler sucks. Everyone knows it, yet Tomlin keeps him. Moncrief sucks. We all know it and complained about him throughout camp and preseason, yet Tomlin keeps him as the No. 2 receiver. The past few years (at least), many starters got little or no work in the preseason and looked like crap in the first game. We've complained about it for years, yet once again Tomlin didn't give the starters much, if any, playing time in the preseason, even with the Pats* scheduled for Game 1. These are just a few examples.

We don't even have to dive into X's and O's. There are problems we all see that can easily be fixed to improve the team. We all see those problems, yet Tomlin either doesn't see them or is too stubborn to fix them. And yeah, that's frustrating.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 12:13 am

SteelersYak wrote:
I watched the whole game. I'm not hitting the panic button yet. Playing in NE game one with a young defense and an offense that doesn't have an identity doesn't cause me to give up hope. If we are on the same end of this kind of score next week... I'll start sweating.

The entire game was summed up in one play: Brady was hit as he "threw" and still competed it.  

Rest easy, fellas as this isn't the end of the world. That was a really good team.

Sucky first game of the season but a lot of new moving parts to come together (especially on offense) and its going to take time. Also not panicking. Not happy about the game but not panicking. To put it in perspective, last year we beat them but they won the SB.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 12:38 am

To illustrate the point I was making in my last post, let's look at a few posts from last year's Week 1 Browns game day thread? Notice any similarities?

Wallace108 wrote:
Next year, tomlin might wanna think about giving the offensive starters a little more work in the preseason.

jak341 wrote:
Yeah. There is lot of sloppiness there. The offense scheme looks bland as well.

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Giving up 5.0YPC easily.

jak341 wrote:
This is absolutely disgusting.

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Did these guys forget how to play football or what?

jak341 wrote:
Mother of God. This offense is garbage.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 1:27 am

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 5:07 am

I shut it down halfway through the second quarter because I was recording it. I'm just gonna delete it now because there's nothing to watch. The score says it all. Out coached again. We played like shit first game again.

GOATS all around.Especially for the coaches.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 6:52 am

I watched a good portion of the Seahawks-Bengals game and the Bengals almost pulled that game off. With a new coach and no AJ Green. Mixon went out in the first half too.
We play the Seahawks at home next week. If they come in and embarrass us like N.E. did IMHO it will be time to panic. By panic I mean time to start up the "FIRE THEM ALL" thread.
We were never in that game last night. Moncrief was targeted 10 times and he caught 3 for 7 lousy yards. I said earlier that Washington (6 targets.2 catches for 51 yards) is better than him. Tomlin says he is going to put his best men on the field and lines a shit heap reject like Moncrief ahead of the guy who showed in the preseason that he could be our #2. Why?
On defense Butler is still doing the crap that doesn't work. Why not just drop Hargrave into coverage?I mean if you insist on calling defenses that don't work don't do it halfway. Between Burkhead and White they averaged 6 YPC. That's disgraceful.Between Connor and Samuels 2 YPC.

All through camp we had reasons to be excited and then the season starts with the same ol' same ol'.
Our standard is no game plan let's just wing it and don't worry about explaining yourselves. I'll baffle them with bullshit on Tuesday. I don't know about anyone else but I've had my fill of unprepared, rusty, head up their ass teams taking the field to start the season.

OK I'm done bitching. Bring on the Seahawks.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 8:31 am

Here is what Labriola had to say:

https://www.steelers.com/news/labriola-on-the-loss-to-the-Patriots*

Pretty much what we all said.

There was a comedian years ago doing a Nixon impersonation and he said: "I accept full responsibility for Watergate. But not the blame because people who accept blame go to jail."

Tomlin said the coaches/players accept responsibility for last night. But not the blame because people who do that lose their jobs. I guess I'm not done bitching yet. Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 1797695198
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 12:19 pm

Mark Madden sums it up nicely in one word: sucked.

https://1059thex.iheart.com/featured/mark-madden/content/2019-09-09-the-steelers-sucked-last-night/
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 12:53 pm

Tomlin "We weren't ready for prime time"
No shit. Who's job is it to have the team ready, Mike.

Quote :
Q: Mike, do you get a sense for why you aren’t ready for prime time?

MT: It doesn’t matter. We can seek comfort, we can rationalize it, but the bottom line is, we didn’t do the things we needed to do tonight or the things that we desired to do tonight. And so, forget the opponent. You know, a lot of times, when you stepping out and playing for the first time, it’s about what you do, it’s about what you choose to do. The quality in which you do it. We didn’t get enough of those things done to be competitive.

It doesn't matter?

Quote :

Q: Mike, how much is it about the opponent? The fact that the Patriots* came out and executed everything they wanted to execute and had success.

MT: I mean, you can make it about that, but again, I look at our football team and particularly the early stages and what we did or did not do. And so, you know, I also stated that you have got to acknowledge that those guys did a heck of a job.
https://www.Patriots*.com/news/steelers-postgame-quotes-9-8

Clueless

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 1:42 pm

Hoping they took this game as a wake up call and come out pissed next week. If they lose to the Seahawks at home its gonna be a long season. Losing to the SB Champs in their backyard isn't what sucks what sucks is the Offense looked like dog shit except for one drive that ended in 3 points. If you can't adjust in the NFL you are fucked and Fitchner's O looked pretty lost.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 6:33 am

Wallace108 wrote:

Moncrief was the best DB on the field for the Pats*. He broke up every pass thrown his way.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 6:42 am

In his latest "asked and answered" Labriola pointed this out when asked about how lousy we played:

JEFF DAVENJAY FROM PURCELLVILLE, VA: The season opener was a bust and was one of the ugliest loses in recent years. The Steelers could not stop the run or pass and could not run or pass on offense. How can a team be this unprepared for an opening game?
ANSWER: I do not disagree with any of the points you made, but I also want to explain that this is not the first time this has happened to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Super Bowl era. Fans often choose to criticize Coach Mike Tomlin by invoking the accomplishments of Chuck Noll and Bill Cowher, but both of those men were in charge of teams that looked every bit as awful as the current team did on Sunday night. In 1986, Noll took a team to Seattle for the opener and lost, 30-0, and then three seasons later, in 1989, his team lost at home to Cleveland, 51-0, in the opener. In the four-season span from 1994-97, Cowher’s teams lost openers at home to Dallas twice, by a 26-9 margin in 1994 and by 37-7 in 1997. And if that 26-9 loss to the Cowboys doesn’t seem so bad, in that game Dallas’ defense had nine sacks to none for the Steelers, and its offense finished with 442 yards of net offense to 126 for the Steelers.

As a longtime fan I realize I have a short memory. I also wear my feelings on my sleeve when it comes to this team and say things that at the very least make me want to go back and delete my post.

You can read it here:
https://www.steelers.com/news/asked-and-answered-sept-10
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 6:53 am

Like the perspective, Dave. My buddies who I watch most games with and my dad really took the loss hard. This whole week I've been trying to keep it all in perspective and I think that losing AB's talent and the game to the Patriots* made it sting extra.

But it doesn't matter if you lose by 1 or 100, a loss is a loss.

The beautiful thing is they are back home this weekend to try and get back to .500

And this game won't mean beans come playoff time as both teams will be different teams then they were week 1

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 7:00 am

The problem with our offense is that we lack quality. That will not go away. I already stated that a few months ago. I said back then that we have the worst TE unit in the league and a bottom 5 WR unit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)   Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Day! (Official Steelers - Patriots* Gameday Thread)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3