Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWeek 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Week 5 - Browns at Steelers

Go down 
+6
SteelerFreak58
solardave
effyou515
Master_Of_Puppets
LambertWardSteel
jak341
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 3:45 pm

Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 2063091802

Cleveland came into Pittsburgh thinking they had a good football team.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 3:48 pm

2nd stringers are in.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 3:51 pm

This was our most complete game in I don't know how long.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 3:58 pm

It's almost like Tomlin read our post with all the bitchin' we did the D came out playing aggressive. Ben is playing smart and taking what they give him. A couple questionable throws but not INTs. This was an enjoyable game to watch.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 4:41 pm

solardave wrote:
It's almost like Tomlin read our post with all the bitchin' we did the D came out playing aggressive. Ben is playing smart and taking what they give him. A couple questionable throws but not INTs. This was an enjoyable game to watch.

l got a friend who works in the front office and says Tomlin reads Steelers Xtreme every morning with he's coffee. Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 2981382511

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 4:45 pm

A complete game in all areas absolutely outstanding. Dotson and Chuks are some serious young talent on our oline Chuks made Garrett silent all day. He had help but he did a damn solid job against arguably one of the best ends in the game.

BB was on the money with his passes and the oline dominated as the game progressed with the runs.

D got off the field on third and longs and even on the third and shorts. Secondary did a hell of a job covering today.

Outstanding!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 4:45 pm

imho Spillane came in and did a good job.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 4:47 pm

CBS Post Game Show: Bush injury is severe. Having a MRI tomorrow.

Edit: same show is saying torn ACL.

Last edited by jak341 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 4:53 pm

Time for Spillane to show why the Steelers kept him on our roster! I think he will fill in for Bush and hold his own. He may be a little slower but he looked good out thereere today coming off the bench.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 4:56 pm

Darron Lee is out in the market he is fast for an ILB the Steelers should offer him minimum to come in if Bush is out for the season.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 10:16 pm

List of available ILBs with Bush gone for the season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/platform/amp/2020/10/18/21522254/available-free-agent-linebackers-the-steelers-could-target-after-devin-bushs-injury-news-rumors
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 1:20 am

Except for the injury. Awesome game today. 5-0. The D held the #1 rushing team to 75 rush yds total.

I know he was banged up today but judging his stats this season and last, really wondering if Mayfield isn't an average QB at best.

Just throwing some browns hatred here Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 2981382511 but really got sick of the the whole "Browns have turned it around and the new coaching staff are wunderkinds" talk. I know it's only one game but they looked worse than last year when we played them.

Claypool is awesome. Hard to believe 10 receivers were picked before him in the draft. He looks like a top 5 draft pick. The play down the sideline where he came up just short of a TD was incredible.

5-0 is awesome Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 1948569602

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 1:22 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
List of available ILBs with Bush gone for the season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/platform/amp/2020/10/18/21522254/available-free-agent-linebackers-the-steelers-could-target-after-devin-bushs-injury-news-rumors

I was wondering what happened to Burfict

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 5:45 am

Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 1797695198

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 6:28 am

effyou515 wrote:
imho Spillane came in and did a good job.

He's a thumper and I like that. He payed well.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 10:12 am

Game balls: Lots of them today.

• Conner - was effective, got yards, and answered the bell.
  • Claypool - looking good as well.
  • Fitz - that INT changed the game.
  • D-line - shut down Hunt and pressured Bayer-Mayfield all game.
  • O-line - Garrett was pretty quiet all game. Special nod to Chuks and Dotson. Both are showing they have a place on the O-line.

Goats: Not many, but a few.

• JuJu - he is playing his way out of Pittsburgh, or lack of playing. Not getting open, nor being targeted. 2 catches for 6 yards on 4 targets. He is showing he is expendable, doubly so if D. Johnson comes online.
  • MLB position - Spillane held his own, but let's see what happens now that Bush is out for the year.
  • Deep WR / TE threats - Outside of Claypool, no one is taking the top off of the defense.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 1:27 pm

effyou515 wrote:

Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 3562723908

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 2:26 pm

Yep. Can't disagree with that.

LambertWardSteel wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 3562723908
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 1:46 am

solardave wrote:

Honestly the reason I think the coverage looked so questionable against the Eagles is because of the gameplan. I think that Tomlin/Butler wanted to take away Zach Ertz, and they wanted to get after Carson Wentz with the pass rush. They pretty well erased Ertz and that forced Wentz to go to his receivers instead. Wentz took a beating but was ultimately able to find receivers because of the aggressive blitzing. I would've liked to have seen them lined up more man-to-man keeping things a little less predictable for Wentz. Wentz is a middling QB who has been struggling since last season, he was already prone to making mistakes and with a 3 or 4 man rush I still think we could've pressured him into mistakes trying to throw into tight windows against man coverage.

They switched things up against the Browns, I feel like I saw a bit more man coverage than I did against the Eagles, and our pass rushers were smelling blood in the water with Mayfield obviously nursing a rib injury. They also put an emphasis on completely stopping the Browns running game. Kareem Hunt wasn't much of a factor.

I think they'll need to come out with a similar plan against the Titans. The Titans are a very similar team offensively to the Browns, but I feel that Tannehill is a much more gifted QB than Mayfield. We need to force Tannehill to have to win the game on his arm. We cannot let Derrick Henry run all over us like he did to the Texans sorry-ass defense. So I'd bring almost the same gameplan against Tennessee that we did against the Brownies. The Titans lost Taylor Lewan, so Watt, Heyward, and company should be licking their chops.

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 6:29 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Darron Lee is out in the market he is fast for an ILB the Steelers should offer him minimum to come in if Bush is out for the season.

while i dont watch jets games, and cant speak to lee's play ,so i only have the written words of jets fansand actions surrounding lee to go on.

most jets fans that i have seen have called him a bust. apparently the coaches were not high on him either because . they traded him to the chiefs for a 6th round pick after just 3 seasons. he got very little  playing time with the chiefs (2 starts)and was suspended this year for 4 games for peds.

the evidence points to an underachiever that 2 teams didnt see worthy of giving a roster spot even at a low price. (see jon bostic )
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 7:16 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

while i dont watch jets games, and cant speak to lee's play ,so i only have the written words of jets fansand actions surrounding lee to go on.

most jets fans that i have seen have called him a bust. apparently the coaches were not high on him either because . they traded him to the chiefs for a 6th round pick after just 3 seasons. he got very little  playing time with the chiefs (2 starts)and was suspended this year for 4 games for peds.

the evidence points to an underachiever that 2 teams didnt see worthy of giving a roster spot even at a low price. (see jon bostic )

I dont disagree but its the Jets we are talking about. I was not saying he could come in and replace Bush but he could be a decent back up to Spilane and Gilbert on the cheap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Browns at Steelers   Week 5 - Browns at Steelers - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Week 5 - Browns at Steelers
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3