Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs. Browns (Week 6) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)

Go down 
+6
kirklandrules
Crash
solardave
stlrtruck
Wallace108
SteelersYak
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) Empty
PostSubject: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 8:00 pm

Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) Browns_gameday_header_46026

Much like we wanted to get on from the loss the Bucs, we also can't cherish the wins too long either.  This week, we have an opponent we know all too well:  The Cleveland Browns.  We go into the Dawg Pound looking to complete the season sweep and it's only week 6 (I don't like playing them both times so quickly).

The Steelers are coming off a win at Jacksonville while the Browns went to Tennessee and scored 19 unanswered points to beat the Titans.

As you all remember from last time these two teams met, the Steelers came out hot, built a huge lead, let it slip away only to win the game in the final seconds.

As of Monday night, the Browns are listed as a 2 point favorite.

Can the Steelers start hot again and keep it going for all 4 quarters?  Will the the second half magic continue for the Browns?  Will Johnny Football see some action?  Can the Steelers complete the sweep?

No love will be lost on Sunday.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 8:37 pm

But I'm not done dwelling on the Jacksonville game yet. Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 8:41 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
But I'm not done dwelling on the Jacksonville game yet. Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 1797695198

Well that's why the other thread isn't locked Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 1824088959

Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 1797695198

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 8:45 pm

Just in case anyone forgot....

Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) Antonio-brown-kick-nike-alpha-pro-steelers-03

Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 792589548 Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 3056903510 Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 792589548 Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 3056903510

Last edited by SteelersYak on Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 9:10 pm

Great, 4 posts in and Dubs breaks the thread. Let's hope our offense gets off to a better start than this thread. Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 9:59 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Great, 4 posts in and Dubs breaks the thread. Let's hope our offense gets off to a better start than this thread. Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 1797695198

Wait, how did I break it? Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 2087824411

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 10:02 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

By posting a life-size pic of Antonio Brown. Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 1664291743

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 10:06 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

By posting a life-size pic of Antonio Brown. Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 1664291743

annnnnnd fixed. Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 1647293567 Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 184121345

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 10:22 pm

Much better. Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 1664291743

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 10:58 pm

This game scares me a bit. The way the browns played the 2nd half of the first game combined with how they've played the last few games is a recipe for disaster.

Needless to say, missed tackles, stoopid penalties, under performance by our o-line, lack of execution by key players, combined with mediocre play calling at the most inopportune times doesn't leave me with a warm fuzzy.

But then again, these Steelers can be one of the most surprising teams in the league. I'm hoping we get a more complete game this week, similar to the one we saw against the Panthers.

Keys to victory:
O-line maintaining blocks without hands to the face
O-line making holes for Bell and Blount
WRs catching balls that hit their hands
QB making timely on target throws
Defensive front 7 getting to Hoyer early & often
DBs playing good coverage and making the tackle on first contact
Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 2:18 am

Finally a game that will be on here in "Kintuck". At least we can say this is not a trap game. We will have to show up and play like we have talent and execute. That said I'm worried about this team (didn't know if I'd ever say that again about the Browns). Run,Run,Pass. Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 2:28 am

solardave wrote:
Run,Run,Pass. Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 1797695198

As long as it's not Run, Run, Pass, Punt. No

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 7:33 am

solardave wrote:
Finally a game that will be on here in "Kintuck". At least we can say this is not a trap game. We will have to show up and play like we have talent and execute. That said I'm worried about this team (didn't know if I'd ever say that again about the Browns). Run,Run,Pass. Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 1797695198

This SHOULD make the big difference: the fact it is a division rival and not one of those crappy* Florida teams that we can slide down and play to their level.

Even if we get out to a big lead early, I'll still be holding my breath.

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 9:31 am

As you should, because Hoyer has owned LeBeau's 3-4 prevent all season.

And now he gets to face it again this week.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 9:53 am

I imagine both teams will be studying the second half of game 1. I predict a Steelers win ... as I do every single week. The patchwork defense has had two games to figure things out and the offense will return to form.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 9:55 am

mrcrash wrote:

By all season, you mean 2 quarters? But point taken, until we see the team build a lead and stomp the gas peddle in the second half, we'll all be holding our breath.
Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 10:07 am

kirklandrules wrote:
mrcrash wrote:

By all season, you mean 2 quarters?

Nope, Ray Horton is Dick LeBeau's protege, Ray Horton is the Titans defensive coordinator, Ray Horton runs OUR defense, Ray Horton's prevent gave up two touchdowns in the 4th quarter Sunday and let the Browns steal a game they had no business winning.

Sounds familiar doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
Steelerella

Steelerella

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 3:00 pm

Cleveland has made it clear that they are capable of playing hard football. And if you go by the performance of each team the past 2 weeks, you can see why the Browns are favored over the Steelers.
The only way the Steelers shut up the naysayers is to dominate and win this game soundly. This is the first time in forever the Browns have been favored over the Steelers. The Browns are playing at a higher level and we barely beat them on opening day to prove it. I hope the coaches, if they do their jobs, can get across their players and motivate them from beating themselves with penalties and poor execution.Our boys need to come in prepared. Beating the Steelers is Cleveland's version of the SB.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 2:37 am

The Brown's are no longer the chumps they once were. That said we're still the better team if we play sound, penalty less football. So far this year we've shot ourselves in the foot by lack of execution and really dumb penalties giving oponents extra yardage. Add in we don't tackle or cover well. If we clean this up we can beat anyone.
I lived in Tampa back when John McKay coached and some of his quotes are great. I can't remember exactly but one went something like this: "we couldn't run,we couldn't catch but we made up for it by not tackling"! Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 1797695198 When asked what he thought of his team's execution he said he was all for it.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 7:58 am

If we can play like the 2nd half of the Panthers game for a full game, the Clowns don't stand a chance.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 8:38 am

Browns cornerback Justin Gilbert, the No. 8 overall pick, was benched against the Titans, but might be pressed into service against the Steelers with Joe Haden ailing with a hip injury.

"With Joe's status potentially up in the air, he might have to play -- but we'll see,'' said coach Mike Pettine.

Gilbert, who's been struggling all season and has watched his playing time dwindle from 59 snaps the first game to nine in Tennessee, lost his job as the third cornerback to undrafted rookie K'Waun Williams out of Pittsburgh against the Titans.

READ MORE: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/10/mike_pettine_says_benched_cb_j.html

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 3:23 pm

Just hope that when the Steelers get a lead, they stay throttled up and throttle down and not allow the clowns to jump back in to the game.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 7:25 pm

From today's practice:

Quote :
PITTSBURGH (93-7 The FAN) – An officiating crew was again on hand for practice Wednesday afternoon when the Steelers began their on-field preparations for Sunday’s game in Cleveland.

It’s the second week in a row that Mike Tomlin has had officials oversee practice. The Steelers were penalized seven times against Jacksonville and continue to be the NFL’s most penalized team through five games.

Four players were given the day off: defensive end Brett Keisel, tight end Heath Miller and safeties Troy Polamalu and Micheal Mitchell. Safety Shamarko Thomas missed practice with a hamstring injury, while cornerback Ike Taylor (forearm) and linebacker Ryan Shazier (knee) remain out.

Shazier, who sprained the MCL in his right knee on Sept. 21, ran on the grass for the first time since the injury.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/10/08/steelers-linebacker-ryan-shazier-updates-on-his-rehab-from-mcl-injury/

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 10:06 pm

Well it's great that Shazier is STARTING to come back but I wouldn't expect to see him for another few weeks. Hopefully we get him back before the bye.

CapLovesTroyP43

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 10:37 pm

I really like those close games as long as WE of course win them. It brings the rivalry back. Hoyer is no push over and I don't see us winning an easy game by any means.

They almost BBQ'ed us the first time they played us and that was in our house! Hope we are on fire come Sunday. We have to be. This team is becoming more and more real as the weeks go by. And that scares me.

"WE WILL NOT GO GENTLY. WE WILL UNLEASH HELL" MIKE TOMLIN

Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 2480670802 Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 2287965686 Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 1948569602

FREEDOM...NOT COMMUNISM!!!! :old glory: :old glory: :old glory:

"AND OUR QB WEARS THE NUMBER SEVEN" RICH BANKS

CAP'S FAVORITE ICON... Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 1645253483 Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 1645253483 Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) 1645253483
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)   Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6) Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Browns (Week 6)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next