Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts

Go down 
+6
SteelerFreak58
Stella Nation
effyou515
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
IowaSteeler927
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 5:05 am

Drafting Humphrey at #1 or #2 would not have fixed this Oline. Sure he'd have made it better but compared to last year better is still mediocre.
As it stands this year's line is even worse and although Humphrey would stand out we'd still be at least 2 components away from being a running team. Not to mention Ben has about 1/2 second to throw the ball.
I think we got the best TE in the draft and the best RB. I'm not happy that Tomlin is using Harris as a whipping boy hoping he can work miracles in the run game.
Friermuth is a stud and will seriously help next year when/if we fix the line.
It also doesn't help that our OC can't bring out the best in these guys from one week to the next.
One last thing. Where is the leadership on the Oline? Anyone,
anyone, Bueller?
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 12:51 pm

Agree, SD.

Green is just NOT a center. We need a true center, and play him at his optimum position. That would help immensely. He and Dan Moore should see improvement in Year Two. Add an elite lineman through free agency and draft a lineman high (1st or 2nd round). And yes - we need to get the most out of them, and Canada is not doing that.

I've seen signs here and there, but not consistently.

I think Canada's ideal offense - shifts, misdirections, etc - work contrary to Ben's strengths. They can't seem to mesh.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 10:28 pm

Tonight, Matt Corral decided to play for Ole Miss. He got injured. I know this is why players opt out of bowl games - but him playing is exactly why he will go high. He is a hard nosed feisty competitor.

He's the kind of competitor the Steelers need as their next franchise QB. Whether its him or someone else. Love the guy's competitiveness, hate that he got injured.

I hate the opt-outs. I do understand why players do it, but I still hate it.

kirklandrules likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 12:12 pm

Even Ben believes Green needs to be moved to guard... that ought to tell the coaches something...

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/01/hes-the-left-tackle-of-the-future-for-this-football-team-ben-roethlisberger-says-of-dan-moore-jr/
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 2:56 pm

Yeah, there's no doubt that Center isn't his position. It wasn't his position in college, either. Need a true center.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 3:45 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Even Ben believes Green needs to be moved to guard... that ought to tell the coaches something...

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/01/hes-the-left-tackle-of-the-future-for-this-football-team-ben-roethlisberger-says-of-dan-moore-jr/

Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 1689750825 Green's arms are too short to play guard.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 7:55 pm

I recently saw a mock draft that featured the following:
Pickett going #2 to the Lions
Corral going top 10 also
Steelers picking OL in the first (Kenyon Green)
Jordan Davis drafted right after the Steelers pick.
Steelers picking Desmond Ridder in round 2.

I know, these draft picks aren't worth the paper they're not printed on. Still, its good conversation fodder.

Does seem like QB's are trending up the board though.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 5:48 am

I think the Steelers will be sitting good in the draft to select a quality starting OT in the First round and a Quality starting OG in the second round.

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 8:06 pm

effyou515 wrote:
I think the Steelers will be sitting good in the draft to select a quality starting OT in the First round and a Quality starting OG in the second round.
We saw what New England did. Build up other areas the year after Brady left, then draft their QB of the future when it was a good QB year.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 1:28 am

Great Randino wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
We saw what New England did.  Build up other areas the year after Brady left, then draft their QB of the future when it was a good QB year.

l wouldn't put a rookie QB behind this o-line he'd get killed steelers offense has the RB, TE and WRs beef up that o-line then a young QB would be a good fit.

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 3:24 am

So, a QB in 2023 then? I could certainly see the logic in that.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 10:59 pm

Just saw Georgia put Jordan Davis in to block on the line. Leading to a GA TD. Master of Puppets brought Davis up, that dude is a beast.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 4:44 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Just saw Georgia put Jordan Davis in to block on the line.  Leading to a GA TD.  Master of Puppets brought Davis up, that dude is a beast.

He is a beast. I question spending a 1st rounder on someone who may only play 30% (or less) of the defensive snaps. But if you're willing to spend that capital, you're getting a monster.

By the way, did you notice the Georgia DL, Jalen Carter, was a fullback on that same play?
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 5:55 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Just saw Georgia put Jordan Davis in to block on the line.  Leading to a GA TD.  Master of Puppets brought Davis up, that dude is a beast.

He is a beast. I question spending a 1st rounder on someone who may only play 30% (or less) of the defensive snaps. But if you're willing to spend that capital, you're getting a monster.

By the way, did you notice the Georgia DL, Jalen Carter, was a fullback on that same play?
I did. That was some good stuff!

Regarding the play count - I noticed multiple times that J Davis wasn't in the game as well. I didn't know he's not an every down player.

I'd personally want an every down player with your first pick.

I thought several of the Georgia defensive linemen were monsters, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 8:24 am

Great Randino wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
Great Randino wrote:

I did.  That was some good stuff!

Regarding the play count - I noticed multiple times that J Davis wasn't in the game as well.  I didn't know he's not an every down player.

I'd personally want an every down player with your first pick.  

I thought several of the Georgia defensive linemen were monsters, to be honest.

It's not that Davis isn't an every down player. He's off the field for large parts of the game to recharge his batteries. You'll get a guy who is a beast 30% of the time. The other 70% he's on the sideline with an oxygen mask and an extra large pizza. Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 1797695198

All kidding aside, if you had a guy like this you would just ensure to rotate to keep your D-linemen fresh. The downside is that NFL offenses are good at going no-huddle to keep the tired big boys on the field.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 11:38 am

As good as he is, I think I'd prefer a guy that goes for one of those cauliflower crust pizzas now and then.

Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 1f60e
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6