Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts

Go down 
+6
SteelerFreak58
Stella Nation
effyou515
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
IowaSteeler927
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 3:33 pm

they might bring in a guy like taylor or newton to compete with mason and / or haskins., doesnt mean they will start or even get a roster spot.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 1:40 am

malik willis had another 3 pick performance in the game. thats 3 games this season he has thrown 3 picks. i know some of you really like him, but his bi polar performances just are not to my liking. he either looks like a great QB or a total piece of shit. the guy doesnt seem to have an in between. how he keeps getting ranked ahead of steady performers like pickett and carson strong whom have MUCH better stats is beyond me. your drafting a QB not an athlete.

Quote :
Steelers in Attendance for Top College Quarterback Showdown
The Pittsburgh Steelers have boots on the ground for two top 2022 NFL Draft prospects.
Noah Strackbein

Pittsburgh Steelers scouts are in-house for college football's Ole Miss versus Liberty matchup featuring two of the 2022 NFL Draft's top quarterbacks.

The showdown is between Ole Miss quarterback Matt Corral and Liberty passer Malik Willis. Both players are expected to be first round picks in next year's draft.

ESPN Draft Analyst Jordan Reid reports the Steelers are one of 16 teams attending the game. A source tells All Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert appears to be in attendance with scouts from Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh will be in the hunt for a new quarterback after the 2021 season. Ben Roethlisberger has not ruled out a return next season but many believe it will be the 17-year veteran's final year in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 11:27 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
malik willis had another 3 pick performance in the game. thats 3 games this season he has thrown 3 picks. i know some of you really like him, but his bi polar performances just are not to my liking. he either looks like a great QB or a total piece of shit. the guy doesnt seem to have an in between. how he keeps getting ranked ahead of steady performers like pickett and carson strong whom have MUCH better stats is beyond me. your drafting a QB not an athlete.

Quote :
The Pittsburgh Steelers have boots on the ground for two top 2022 NFL Draft prospects.
Noah Strackbein

Pittsburgh Steelers scouts are in-house for college football's Ole Miss versus Liberty matchup featuring two of the 2022 NFL Draft's top quarterbacks.

The showdown is between Ole Miss quarterback Matt Corral and Liberty passer Malik Willis. Both players are expected to be first round picks in next year's draft.

ESPN Draft Analyst Jordan Reid reports the Steelers are one of 16 teams attending the game. A source tells All Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert appears to be in attendance with scouts from Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh will be in the hunt for a new quarterback after the 2021 season. Ben Roethlisberger has not ruled out a return next season but many believe it will be the 17-year veteran's final year in the NFL.
I saw that too, and I agree with you.

It reminds me of when the Steelers were linked to that QB out of Notre Dame, Kizer. I was so dead-set against that pick, and was delighted when the Browns picked him up. I do NOT like when a QB throws a lot of picks in college. To me that's a warning sign of bad things to come. Speaks to poor judgement, which is not likely to improve much in the future.
I'm beginning to think that no first round QB will emerge (I still think a few will go in the first round though). Its not a good year to be drafting QB though. It wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers didn't pick one early at all, at this point.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 1:14 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Quote :
Noah Strackbein

I saw that too, and I agree with you.

It reminds me of when the Steelers were linked to that QB out of Notre Dame, Kizer.  I was so dead-set against that pick, and was delighted when the Browns picked him up.  I do NOT like when a QB throws a lot of picks in college.  To me that's a warning sign of bad things to come.  Speaks to poor judgement, which is not likely to improve much in the future.
I'm beginning to think that no first round QB will emerge (I still think a few will go in the first round though).  Its not a good year to be drafting QB though.  It wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers didn't pick one early at all, at this point.

another thing is he isnt even throwing the ball 40-50 times a game like pickett or strong. so that should decrease your odds of throwing picks. plus he isnt throwing against NFL caliber defensive backs. IMO if you are a small school player , playing against small school talent you need to CONSISTENTLY look like a man amongst boys.
The guy is obviously a great athlete capable of making highlight reel big plays , but he is also capable of single handedly losing games for you. he reminds me of kordell stewart. its either feast or famine.
im not saying he cant or wont be a good NFL QB, i just wouldnt risk a 1st on him. i definitely wouldnt want him to be a day one starter. he needs to sit for awhile and work with a QB coach.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 1:39 pm

Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 Qb010
Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 Qb110
Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 Qb210
Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 Qb310
Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 Qb410
Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 Qb510
Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 Qb610
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 1:56 pm

WATCH These highlights and decide for yourself. when willis wasnt throwing pics he was being sacked 9 times.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 6:35 pm

I don't like the QB draft class at all next year. None of them really are screaming first rounder...
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 7:58 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
I don't like the QB draft class at all next year. None of them really are screaming first rounder...
i agree. i'd certainly feel more comfortable taking any of these guys in the 2nd round or later. where would kyle trask rank among these guys ? he didnt go last year till the 64th pick.  i gotta say though if mac jones was in this draft i would take pickett over him. Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 2087824411
it just seems to me that a QB's athleticism is taking priority over the other things they used to look for in a QB. like decision making, pocket awareness and presence, accuracy, and overall arm talent. look at the list of hall of fame QB's. not many of them would be decribed as great athletes.  me personally i would want my QB running as little as possible. what you end up with, with  these running QB'S is robert griffin 3. a busted up high round pick ruined.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 10:41 pm

Do you think Mason will get a one-year prove-it deal in the off-season?
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 11:33 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Do you think Mason will get a one-year prove-it deal in the off-season?

I think he should be the front runner for the job. He never got utilized properly under Fitchner for his particular skill set. Fitchner handcuffed the shit out of Rudolph and never played to his strengths what he was known for in College.

Not saying Canada will either but Rudolph knows the system and is getting the most reps on Wednesdays when Ben doesn't practice. So he should have an advantage and comfort level in the system.

It should be a QB battle in camp after Ben leaves. Rudolph, Haskins, a draft pick, or an incoming FA signing. Let them show who can command the system the best.

With our Defense we don't need someone to put up huge numbers we just need someone to be able to put up 3 tds a game and not lose games for us. If our running game continues to improve we could use a smart QB that doesn't throw pics. 25 points a game with our Defense and you have a SB contender.

A smart QB with an accurate arm that doesn't throw many interceptions that can convert when they get into the red zone 3 times a game and this.becomes a scary team with our Defense functioning properly.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 12:46 am

I agree with you. Especially considering a down year for QB's in the draft, I'd prefer not to reach for one - and give the guy who has put in the time, the opportunity to win the job for the future. We could draft support early - a first round lineman for instance who can step in on day 1. With that, and the maturing guys we have on the line now, we could be in decent shape.

If Mason isn't the guy (or, to your point, Haskins), we can draft one the next strong QB class, the next time there are 4-5 legit 1st rounders - like we did when we drafted Ben.

To MoP's point - I want a QB - not a running back who plays QB. I think mobility is great, but Ben had elusiveness. That carried us for many years and is a great trait in a QB.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 2:57 pm

Great Randino wrote:
I agree with you.  Especially considering a down year for QB's in the draft, I'd prefer not to reach for one - and give the guy who has put in the time, the opportunity to win the job for the future.  We could draft support early - a first round lineman for instance who can step in on day 1.  With that, and the maturing guys we have on the line now, we could be in decent shape.  

If Mason isn't the guy (or, to your point, Haskins), we can draft one the next strong QB class, the next time there are 4-5 legit 1st rounders - like we did when we drafted Ben.

To MoP's point - I want a QB - not a running back who plays QB.  I think mobility is great, but Ben had elusiveness.  That carried us for many years and is a great trait in a QB.
this could be 1983 all over again. you know...when the steelers passed on dan marino for gabe rivera.  Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 3201610882 ...here we got another Pitt QB.  judging by the comments on picketts youtube vids  most steeler fans   want him. especially the pitt fans. i think he is going in the first round. not top 10 and probably not top 15, but i think he goes in the 1st.

could the steelers presence at the ole miss / liberty game be a smoke screen ?
Quote :

28. Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh, 6-foot-2, 220, rSR

Although he was picked off twice in Pitt’s 38-34 loss to Miami, Pickett threw for a career-high and school-record 514 yards in the game. He also passed Hall of Famer Dan Marino for most touchdowns responsible for in Panthers’ history, with 84 overall scores. Pickett lacks Marino’s rocket arm, but he’s smart, accurate and deceptively athletic. In a below-average class for quarterbacks, Pickett might be the safest bet of the bunch.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 7:00 pm

I think the hype machine will push at least one QB close to or into the Top 10. Deserving or not. Pickett might be the best QB prospect in the whole draft. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 2:06 pm

sam howell is essentially a baker mayfield clone. i'm not saying he will be better or worse as a pro than baker , but their skill set and physical tools as college players look to be the same. he might be a good second round pick, but i would hate to put all my eggs in his basket. for a team that has a starter for the next few years i think he would be a good choice, like what the packers did with aaron rodgers, but for a QB desperate team, i wouldnt be confident he will be our franchise QB. pray for the best but prepare for the worst.

Quote :
Steelers to Attend Kenny Pickett vs. Sam Howell Showdown

Pittsburgh Steelers General Manager Kevin Colbert will be one of five general managers in attendance to see Pittsburgh host North Carolina on Thursday night, according to Johnny McGonigal of Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

This Thursday night matchup features two of the more high-octane offenses in the nation orchestrated by two notable draft prospects, Pitt's Kenny Pickett and UNC's Sam Howell.

Pickett has been reportedly rising up draft boards throughout the season, taking a huge leap during his fifth-year senior season. Through nine games, Pickett has already compiled career highs in passing yards (3,171) and passing touchdowns (29) while leading PITT to a 7-2 record. After lighting it up all season, Pickett is now generating some first-round buzz and his floor seems to be on day two of the NFL Draft.

Prior to the 2021 college football season, Sam Howell seemed to be in the running to be the first quarterback selected in next year's NFL Draft. The smaller but stockier Howell has seen a bit of a drop in his numbers this year but has still thrown for 2,408 yards and 20 touchdowns. As a junior, Howell is displaying the ability to run the football very effectively, already compiling 689 yards and eight touchdowns on the ground. Howell has been a bit more up and down this season after losing many of his offensive weapons to the NFL this year but is still surely in the mix to be taken in the first couple rounds of the NFL Draft.

With Ben Roethlisberger likely hanging his cleats up after the season, the Steelers will assuredly look to add to their quarterback room for next season. Whether that's via the draft process or in free agency remains to be seen. Colbert has already made an appearance to North Carolina once this season, according to several reports. It also helps that Pittsburgh has a homegrown pro prospect playing at the same stadium.

This upcoming quarterback prospect pool has more depth this year, despite the lack of generational, top-end talent. The scouting process began months ago, and The Steelers have a plethora of options to explore. Tune in Thursday night and there's a chance that you may be seeing the Steelers' future signal-caller in action.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 4:18 pm

If Pickett fell in our lap, and is truly a first round talent, then sure. I'd like that. I still think he and others will get pushed up closer to the top 10. If the Steelers want him, they may have to trade up to get him.

Is he 1st round talent? I don't know. I suspect he might be. Perhaps I'll get to see the game tomorrow night and see for myself (not like I'm an expert, I'm certainly not).
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 7:19 pm

if the steelers really had a 1st round grade on rudolf, then they have to have a 1st on pickett.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2021 8:14 pm

Anyone watching Kenny Pickett vs NC tonight?

So far he's putting on a show.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2021 10:51 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Anyone watching Kenny Pickett vs NC tonight?

So far he's putting on a show.

they kind of when flat 1:05 left, overtime?

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2021 11:12 pm

I missed a lot of the 2nd half but yeah, they really went flat. Just scored in OT, nice TD pass.

NC's turn. Sam Howell is good, too.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2021 11:15 pm

pitt kicker missed 2 FG's.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2021 11:38 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
pitt kicker missed 2 FG's.
I missed that. I was going back and forth a bit with the Ravens/Dolfish game (thanks Miami, we appreciate you).

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 4:23 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
WATCH These highlights and decide for yourself. when willis wasnt throwing pics he was being sacked 9 times.

I'm willing to give Willis a little bit of a break considering the fact he plays for a small school and they were playing No. 12 Ole Miss a much bigger program with better overall talent and recruiting. Though it's not like Ole Miss blew them out either.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 1:29 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I'm willing to give Willis a little bit of a break considering the fact he plays for a small school and they were playing No. 12 Ole Miss a much bigger program with better overall talent and recruiting. Though it's not like Ole Miss blew them out either.
yes he plays for a small school. his performance has also looked like total shit against other small schools besides ole miss. this was his THIRD game to throw 3 picks. one really bad game can be over looked , shit happens...but 3 out of 10 ? Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 2097682944  UL Monroe Warhawks and Middle tennessee Blue Raiders ?
another thing i find unappealing in his stats is he has only attempted 235 passes in 10 games. 23.5 att per game. completed 156 or 15.6 per game. but he has taken 38 sacks !! Shocked   how does  a super mobile QB get sacked 38 times on 235 attempts ?

for me when looking at a college QB prospect the things i wanna see is consistency and growth over their college career. this cat took a step back from last year.
lets be real here. this guy isnt being propped up for his arm talent as much as his legs. no way does his body of work as a passer scream first round talent.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 8:14 pm

i read an article on one of the steelers websites. the author said willis is somewhere in between a lamar jackson and jalen hurts. id say thats a pretty accurate description.
i have been comparing him to kordell. good athlete, can sometimes throw nice passes , but dont expect it.
the author also echoed my thoughts that he is second round developmental talent.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 10:53 pm

He's nowhere close to Lamar Jackson. He should never be mentioned in the same breath as Lamar.

Never ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Mock Drafts
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next