Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeCan't Start Pickett... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Can't Start Pickett...

Go down 
+2
Stella Nation
SteelerFreak58
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Can't Start Pickett... Empty
PostSubject: Can't Start Pickett...   Can't Start Pickett... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 9:57 am

The Steelers simple can't start Pickett right now unless they want to ruin a #1 QB draft pick.

That Oline is bad. Really bad and unless they start to gel real fast that first stretch of 7 games is going to destroy whoever is in at QB. Trubisky is going to catch all the hell from a rabid Steelers fan base that is accustomed to winning and I really feel sorry for the guy.

Our FO made major mistakes the last two years not rebuilding the Oline and replacing core members of the line like Pouncey and Decastro. They went cheap and tried to tinker and well what you see is what you get.

This team will be lucky to go 8-9 this year and the Najee Harris pick will be a wasted #1 pick from last year because the Oline simply cannot run block to save thier lives.

Someone should have told Colbert that you can't ask a guy to start Center as a rookie who played 4 games at Center his entire College career... and a 4th round pick at Left Tackle isn't gonna get you a whole lot 90% of the time...

https://triblive.com/sports/madden-monday-steelers-offensive-line-might-be-worse-than-last-year-and-it-may-impact-the-qb-thinking-too/

effyou515 and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Can't Start Pickett...   Can't Start Pickett... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 12:45 pm

1000% agree on this. And that's why I won't trade Rudolph either. Chances are too big that at least one and possibly two QB's will get hurt this season.

It's telling that everyone wanted to get rid of Chucks and that he's now together with Cole head and shoulders above anyone else on the OL. And that's not because Chucks is so much improved...

effyou515, solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Can't Start Pickett...   Can't Start Pickett... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 3:31 pm

More evidence...

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/08/film-room-dan-moore-jr-plays-like-a-turnstile-against-the-jaguars/

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Can't Start Pickett...   Can't Start Pickett... EmptyTue Aug 23, 2022 3:48 am

Yeah once again our Oline is our weak spot and it's very weak. Now as John McKay once in Tampa all we need to do to "make up for it on defense is to not tackle".
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Can't Start Pickett...   Can't Start Pickett... EmptyTue Aug 23, 2022 3:56 am

The good news is that Pickett and Chucks are already completely in sync Can't Start Pickett... 1797695198

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/status/1561567455528423424

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Can't Start Pickett...   Can't Start Pickett... EmptyTue Aug 23, 2022 6:02 am

Stella Nation wrote:
The good news is that Pickett and Chucks are already completely in sync Can't Start Pickett... 1797695198

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/status/1561567455528423424

Can't Start Pickett... 3798349058

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Can't Start Pickett...   Can't Start Pickett... EmptyTue Aug 23, 2022 9:31 am

More on the problem...

https://triblive.com/sports/tim-benz-ways-to-address-steelers-offensive-line-coach-around-it-in-2022-make-it-better-in-2023/
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Can't Start Pickett...   Can't Start Pickett... EmptyTue Aug 23, 2022 9:51 am

the solution,

Steelers add offensive lineman Adrian Ealy, waive tackle Jordan Tucker
https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-add-offensive-lineman-adrian-ealy-waive-tackle-jordan-tucker/

Super Bowl Can't Start Pickett... 1797695198

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Can't Start Pickett...   Can't Start Pickett... EmptyTue Aug 23, 2022 4:59 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
1000% agree on this. And that's why I won't trade Rudolph either. Chances are too big that at least one and possibly two QB's will get hurt this season.

It's telling that everyone wanted to get rid of Chucks and that he's now together with Cole head and shoulders above anyone else on the OL. And that's not because Chucks is so much improved...
Looks like you called it. Steelers cut QB Oladukan, who they drafted in the 7th round, today. That tells me they are going with the 3 all season.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Can't Start Pickett...   Can't Start Pickett... EmptyTue Aug 23, 2022 6:17 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

Looks like you called it.  Steelers cut QB Oladukan, who they drafted in the 7th round, today.  That tells me they are going with the 3 all season.

kind of seen the Oladukan cut coming, one who they never really bothered to watch play.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Can't Start Pickett...   Can't Start Pickett... EmptyTue Aug 23, 2022 6:22 pm

Wasted 7th round pick...

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Can't Start Pickett...   Can't Start Pickett... EmptyTue Aug 23, 2022 8:39 pm

Get the hell on this... priority... get Tretter bump Cole to LG, and grab Fisher for LT. Tretter is rock solid at Center if he can stay healthy this year he helped the Browns run game tremendously the last couple of years anchoring the middle.

https://stillcurtain.com/2022/08/23/free-agent-offensive-linemen-steelers-need/

effyou515 and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Can't Start Pickett...   Can't Start Pickett... EmptyTue Aug 23, 2022 9:04 pm

Avery was a surprising cut today. He played well last game and was versatile at both ILB and OLB...
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Can't Start Pickett...   Can't Start Pickett... EmptyWed Aug 24, 2022 5:34 am

Respectfully disagree regarding not starting Kenny because of the o-line. Kenny has shown he can play, he's athletic and he or Mitch are the best answer at QB right now. Mason Rudolph is the odd man out as he's more of a pocket passer and he's the one that'll get killed behind this o-line if he were to start. I like Kenny's athletic ability and he has looked up to the task every time he's been given an opportunity. I think we can scheme the offense with Kenny under center to help alleviate issues with the o-line. Defenses aren't going to be able to stack the box this season like they were with Ben under center either, Kenny can actually throw the intermediate and deep stuff that Ben plainly couldn't. With Johnson, Claypool, Pickens, and Austin on the field there's so much speed the defenses will have to respect that or they'll get exposed. Cant forget that Freiermuth can stretch the field as well.

I think we gotta give the o-line time to gel. I mean they're constantly rotating Green/Dotson at LG. I thought Green would work out at LG but the guy just doesn't look good to me, he gets manhandled and pushed around when his calling card was supposed to be his toughness and tenacity. We also have a new guy playing Center in Cole, though experienced, he's with a new team. Then there's James Daniels who has shown he can play at this level, but like Cole is playing with a new team. The two biggest liabilities are Dan Moore and Kendrick Green. Chuks is fine, and I think Daniels and Cole will iron things out. Gotta give these guys some time to gel though. I mean these guys have a handful of snaps in preseason games and some training camp time together, that's it. It's going to take more time than that to get a grasp of the coaching, the technique, and to learn how to play with each other. Maybe they won't gel, but one preseason game isn't enough of a sample size for me to completely write them off yet.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Can't Start Pickett...   Can't Start Pickett... EmptyWed Aug 24, 2022 8:59 am

Here is my bold prediction. Trubiski starts. Gets hurt in game one. Pickett comes in and we go 16-1 but lose in the AFCCG to the cheats. Can't Start Pickett... 2744185472

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Can't Start Pickett...   Can't Start Pickett... EmptyWed Aug 24, 2022 10:02 am

solardave wrote:
Here is my bold prediction. Trubiski starts. Gets hurt in game one. Pickett comes in and we go 16-1 but lose in the AFCCG to the cheats. Can't Start Pickett... 2744185472

That story sounds oddly familiar...

Ben LOL

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Can't Start Pickett...   Can't Start Pickett... EmptyWed Aug 24, 2022 4:14 pm

Lol even more evidence... man I sure hope they get this fixed or it's gonna be a long season.

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/08/watch-explaining-why-the-steelers-offensive-line-is-struggling/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't Start Pickett...   Can't Start Pickett... Empty

Back to top Go down

Can't Start Pickett...
Page 1 of 1