Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePickett to take over Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pickett to take over

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Pickett to take over Empty
PostSubject: Pickett to take over   Pickett to take over EmptyMon Oct 03, 2022 7:12 pm

Not a big surprise at this point, considering yesterday.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/10/03/kenny-pickett-to-replace-mitch-trubisky-in-steelers-lineup-per-report
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Pickett to take over   Pickett to take over EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 3:49 am

Not surprised. I just hope the Oline keeps improving and the defense gets their heads out of their asses.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Pickett to take over   Pickett to take over EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 7:05 am

What I saw it wouldn't do much good keeping him on the bench time for the live action part of his NFL learning curve.

Been holding out on Canada's offense until I get to see what it looks like with Pickett as QB.

Next week, Fire everyone. Pickett to take over 1797695198

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Pickett to take over   Pickett to take over EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 11:49 am

Not gonna change anything really. This team as a whole just isn't that good. The defense can't get off the field when it matters most and when it does the offense turns around and does a 3 and out. I don't expect much of a change with Pickett in the game. Matter of fact I expect Canada to be conservative with him and take baby steps.

This team just isn't that good and it's been going on for a while. Tomlin for all the accolades is a mediocre coach that gets one and done in the playoffs the last 10 years...
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pickett to take over   Pickett to take over EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 1:16 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Not gonna change anything really. This team as a whole just isn't that good. The defense can't get off the field when it matters most and when it does the offense turns around and does a 3 and out. I don't expect much of a change with Pickett in the game. Matter of fact I expect Canada to be conservative with him and take baby steps.

This team just isn't that good and it's been going on for a while. Tomlin for all the accolades is a mediocre coach that gets one and done in the playoffs the last 10 years...
Here's where I respectfully disagree. Being able to convert 3rd downs and extend drives WILL change some things. Whether it leads to more victories has yet to be determined. But we have a talented running back (two if you count Warren, which I would), an excellent tight end, and excellent receiving corps, all being under-utilized until the 2nd half of the last game. If we can get more out of these guys, a lot can change. Of course, there will be growing pains with a rookie QB - but I certainly expect some positive changes.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Pickett to take over   Pickett to take over EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 9:26 pm

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Here's where I respectfully disagree.  Being able to convert 3rd downs and extend drives WILL change some things.  Whether it leads to more victories has yet to be determined.  But we have a talented running back (two if you count Warren, which I would), an excellent tight end, and excellent receiving corps, all being under-utilized until the 2nd half of the last game.  If we can get more out of these guys, a lot can change.  Of course, there will be growing pains with a rookie QB - but I certainly expect some positive changes.

We will have to come back to this at years end and review. I stand by my comments. As of right now they are one of the worst teams in the league in a lot of areas.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pickett to take over   Pickett to take over EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 9:39 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Here's where I respectfully disagree.  Being able to convert 3rd downs and extend drives WILL change some things.  Whether it leads to more victories has yet to be determined.  But we have a talented running back (two if you count Warren, which I would), an excellent tight end, and excellent receiving corps, all being under-utilized until the 2nd half of the last game.  If we can get more out of these guys, a lot can change.  Of course, there will be growing pains with a rookie QB - but I certainly expect some positive changes.

We will have to come back to this at years end and review. I stand by my comments. As of right now they are one of the worst teams in the league in a lot of areas.
I know we both hope I'm right and you're wrong. Pickett to take over 2893009358

Time will tell. I hope the team sees your comments (and its a familiar refrain - all the sports people agree with you that this is not a very good team). Maybe it will fire them up and they will be determined to prove everyone wrong.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Pickett to take over   Pickett to take over EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 8:25 am

Right now this team is painful to watch and this didn't just start. If you're not a fan looking in it's probably comical. The recipe is simple. Stack the line and force whoever lines up under center to beat you with a questionable attack based on short throws behind the line to gain in hopes the receiver can pick up a first down. One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. We're not hard to beat just on the offensive side of the ball. When we're on defense just run the ball down our throats mixed with shallow to medium crossing routes in the middle because that's open 24/7.
I'm beginning to think these guys are losing all respect for the coaches. Maybe they need to call a players only meeting. Pickett to take over 2087824411
The saying "coach em up" does not apply here or at least there's no evidence of it happening.
Our defense against Cincy looked like a beast and then went into witless protection.
We know Canada is not leaving mid season unless he quits so here's to hoping he can design a game plan around Kenny's strengths. If he can maybe we go 9-8.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Pickett to take over   Pickett to take over EmptyThu Oct 06, 2022 11:32 pm

Matt Canada will ‘tweak’ Steelers offense with Kenny Pickett, but no major changes
https://triblive.com/sports/matt-canada-will-tweak-steelers-offense-with-kenny-pickett-but-no-major-changes/

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Pickett to take over   Pickett to take over EmptyThu Oct 06, 2022 11:35 pm

Kenny Pickett quickly shows more tendency to run than Steelers QB predecessors
https://triblive.com/sports/kenny-pickett-quickly-shows-more-of-a-tendency-to-run-than-steelers-qb-predecessors/

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Pickett to take over   Pickett to take over EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 5:30 am

The first time he got knocked down he got up talkin' smack and smiling at the guy who knocked him down. My initial thought was ladies and gentleman we have a QB to get behind. I love his attitude so far. He doesn't act like a rookie. The game is not too big for him.
Sure he made mistakes last Sunday and he'll make plenty more. We have to remember how many QBs in the HOF had terrible rookie seasons.
Terry Bradshaw-6 TDs 24 INTs
John Elway-7TDs 14 INTs
Troy Aikman-9 TDs 18 INTs
We were spoiled by Ben and what he did as a rookie.
My bold prediction is: I think Kenny will smash a lot of Ben's records before he's done.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pickett to take over   Pickett to take over EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 3:42 pm

I am very happy to have him as our QB. He's got that IT factor, and I love that.

Saw an article about how the Steelers may be headed for a bad year, and they finished nonchalantly with something along the lines of "oh well, if they are picking in the top 5 they can go and get a franchise QB in the draft" - and I'm thinking, no fella, we've GOT our QB of the future.

Just because other teams do that revolving door crap...

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Pickett to take over   Pickett to take over EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 4:12 am

Next draft we definitely have needs all over but QB is not one of them. Both lines and the secondary plus ILB to replace Bush. Just my opinion.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pickett to take over   Pickett to take over Empty

Back to top Go down

Pickett to take over
Page 1 of 1