Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePickett dealt to the Eagles Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pickett dealt to the Eagles

Go down 
+4
SteelerFreak58
Master_Of_Puppets
Great Randino
Shalieve5090
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Pickett dealt to the Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 3:19 pm

Wow...apparently he wasn't happy once Wilson was brought on board. Oh well

I'd happily take Tannehill as a backup
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 3:42 pm

Going to be interesting to see what happens if Russell Wilson, at 36 years old, completely tanks. Which is a real possibility.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:40 pm

wow...garbage compensation.
we actually traded the 4th we got from the rams (120) that we swapped our 5th for , for a 3rd round comp pick (98) , 3rd from the last in the 3rd.

but anyway it seems the steelers despite the bullshit, felt the exact same way about picketts future that most of us does. coaches and FO workers lie the same way politicians do. always gaslighting and telling us we arent really seeing what we are seeing.

Quote :
The Steelers are trading quarterback Kenny Pickett to the Philadelphia Eagles, a sudden and surprising end in the city for the former Pitt quarterback, sources have told the Post-Gazette.

In return, the Steelers will move up 22 spots into the third round of this year’s draft — from No. 120 to 98 overall — and get a seventh-round pick in 2025.

The Steelers made the move because of the way Pickett was handling the arrival of Russell Wilson, according to sources.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 5:48 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Going to be interesting to see what happens if Russell Wilson, at 36 years old, completely tanks.  Which is a real possibility.

All indicators are pointing to him having a successful year if you look at the last 4 years of his work.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 5:51 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
we actually traded the 4th we got from the rams (120) that we swapped our 5th for , for a 3rd round comp pick (98) , 3rd from the last in the 3rd.

but anyway it seems the steelers despite the bullshit, felt the exact same way about picketts future that most of us does. coaches and FO workers lie the same way politicians do. always gaslighting and telling us we arent really seeing what we are seeing.

Quote :
The Steelers are trading quarterback Kenny Pickett to the Philadelphia Eagles, a sudden and surprising end in the city for the former Pitt quarterback, sources have told the Post-Gazette.

In return, the Steelers will move up 22 spots into the third round of this year’s draft — from No. 120 to 98 overall — and get a seventh-round pick in 2025.

The Steelers made the move because of the way Pickett was handling the arrival of Russell Wilson, according to sources.

They got a 3rd rounder at least. We can do something with that. We can get a QB in that round and roll from there.

Pickett didn't show m7ch worth keeping and honestly the organization had to have felt getting a 3rd round pick was worthwhile.

Personally I am loving what Lhan is doing. They want to win and win now and they are pushing to do just that.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 5:58 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Quote :

They got a 3rd rounder at least. We can do something with that. We can get a QB in that round and roll from there.

Pickett didn't show m7ch worth keeping and honestly the organization had to have felt getting a 3rd round pick was worthwhile.

Personally I am loving what Lhan is doing. They want to win and win now and they are pushing to do just that.
I like most of what Khan is doing. But I am NOT confident about Wilson. He is going to tank. When it happens, remember you heard it here first.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 6:17 pm

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Quote :

I like most of what Khan is doing.  But I am NOT confident about Wilson.  He is going to tank.  When it happens, remember you heard it here first.

He might. But it's very low risk. Denver is paying him to play here pretty much. He tanks he tanks
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 6:21 pm

what i cant wrap my head around is, what plans do the eagles have for pickett ? sure they get him cheap for this year , but then what ? they arent going to pick up his fifth year option next may. they are balls deep in hurts contract wise , so why pick up a less than average backup for a 1 year rental ? Pickett dealt to the Eagles 2829330259
hell mason didnt even get a 3 million payday from tennessee.
then when you factor in why the steelers felt the need to abandon trying to develope him and it makes even less sense. if he was crying in pittsburg , how could he be happy in philly with zero chance to start EVER.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 6:34 pm

just like the DJ trade this feels like a trade tailored to make sure a whiner didnt get what he wanted. DJ cried about the QB play so they sent him to a team who's QB was equally as bad a KP. KP cried about starting so they send him to a team where he has ZERO chance of seeing the field... Khan the merciless is trolling these asshats ... Pickett dealt to the Eagles 1549491426

solardave, Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 6:39 pm

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Quote :

I like most of what Khan is doing.  But I am NOT confident about Wilson.  He is going to tank.  When it happens, remember you heard it here first.

Why in hell would Wilson tank? He might play bad, but certainly not on purpose. It will only cost him millions. In fact, if he plays lights out this year he will get one last big contract. Maybe then, he starts tanking. But not this year.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 6:42 pm

And now bring back Dobbs as the back-up. Or even better, try to get Fields with our 6th round draft pick and let him learn from Wilson for a year and see what he brings in 2025.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 7:15 pm

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Quote :

Randy what makes you believe that Wilson will tank? He excels at Play Action passing which is a corner stone of Smith offense... we have Friermuth as a target for him at PA , Pickens, and Austin at the moment. He still has quickness and the ability to get outside the pocket if you look at his movement last year. Over the last 4 years he has played really well outside of the one year with Hackett and even then he did way better then Pickett even at Wilson's worst. He is 35 its not like he is 40 a lot of these athlete QBs can play close to 40s now especially barring major injuries.

Just wondering why you think he will bomb?
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 8:41 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Quote :

Randy what makes you believe that Wilson will tank? He excels at Play Action passing which is a corner stone of Smith offense... we have Friermuth as a target for him at PA , Pickens, and Austin at the moment. He still has quickness and the ability to get outside the pocket if you look at his movement last year. Over the last 4 years he has played really well outside of the one year with Hackett and even then he did way better then Pickett even at Wilson's worst. He is 35 its not like he is 40 a lot of these athlete QBs can play close to 40s now especially barring major injuries.

Just wondering why you think he will bomb?

Well, he's 35 years old, best years behind him - and the Broncos were in such a hurry to get rid of him, they were willing to eat $40M to be rid of him. Not a good sign. I could be wrong, MoP - wouldn't be the first nor last time. But I just don't feel good about it.

Also to clarify, Stella, I didn't mean to imply that he would tank on purpose. And, Yes to bringing back Dobbs.

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 8:46 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
And now bring back Dobbs as the back-up. Or even better, try to get Fields with our 6th round draft pick and let him learn from Wilson for a year and see what he brings in 2025.

and pick up his fifth year option of 25.6 million, which has to be decided by may? if they trade for fields then they pretty much commit to rolling with him as the starter in 2025. what if wilson balls out this year and there's mutual interest in wilson staying in the burg ?

solardave and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 8:55 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

and pick up his fifth year option  of 25.6 million, which has to be decided by may? if they trade for fields then they pretty much commit to rolling with him as the starter in 2025. what if wilson balls out this year and there's mutual interest in wilson staying in the burg ?
Yeah, the Fields situation is really a sticky one for Chicago. I thought about that trade too, but you'd have to commit to $25M before ever seeing him take another snap.

If I were guessing, we will try to add someone like Tannehill, and possibly Dobbs, or maybe even draft a lower round QB for the 3rd position.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 9:23 pm

how about that huntly dude from the ravens ?

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 9:29 pm

All I know is the FO is do8ng shit we have never saw as Steelers fans...

You want to bitch and moan as a player? GET THE FUCK OUTTA HEEEERE!!! Pickett dealt to the Eagles 3562723908

It's GODDAMNED refreshing and I love it!

Pickett wasn't happy about Mason and less about Wilson. Bitched and BOOOOOM OFF to be back up in Philly!

DJ locker room cancer.... BOOOOOM OFF to have a great year in Carolina!!! Pickett dealt to the Eagles 3562723908

Chuks Okorafor bitched at Tomlin... BOOT

Don't want to he a Steeler GTFO! Want to be a cancer? GTFO! Pickett dealt to the Eagles 3562723908

Master_Of_Puppets, solardave, Stella Nation, Shalieve5090 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 9:29 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
how about that huntly dude from the ravens ?
Man - that's a good suggestion! I forgot about him! That would be an excellent addition!

Let's continue to steal from the Ravens, I like it!
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 9:32 pm

Wow... Didn't see this coming. I don't hate it though

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 9:38 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:

You want to bitch and moan as a player? GET THE FUCK OUTTA HEEEERE!!! Pickett dealt to the Eagles 3562723908

Pickett wasn't happy about Mason and less about Wilson. Bitched and BOOOOOM OFF to be back up in Philly!

DJ locker room cancer.... BOOOOOM OFF to have a great year in Carolina!!! Pickett dealt to the Eagles 3562723908

Don't want to he a Steeler GTFO! Want to be a cancer? GTFO! Pickett dealt to the Eagles 3562723908

Does it seem like the Steelers are looking to change the culture a bit? Get rid of me-me type players and bring in team players? I'm all on board if that's the case.

Master_Of_Puppets and Shalieve5090 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 9:44 pm

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Does it seem like the Steelers are looking to change the culture a bit?  Get rid of me-me type players and bring in team players?  I'm all on board if that's the case.

Seems like it and I welcome that.

Shalieve5090 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 9:52 pm

Been out of the loop for a while. Have I missed anything? Pickett dealt to the Eagles 2829330259

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 11:28 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Been out of the loop for a while. Have I missed anything? Pickett dealt to the Eagles 2829330259
Not a thing, Wallace - not a thing! Pickett dealt to the Eagles 1797695198

My final comment on the Pickett situation: He was told he was QB1. That even with them signing "competition", he would start out at QB1 and have a fair chance to earn the starting job. Wilson is signed, and reportedly told he's the #1, hands down. If that's true, you can imagine how Pickett would feel about that.

Wallace108 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 11:43 pm

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Does it seem like the Steelers are looking to change the culture a bit?  Get rid of me-me type players and bring in team players?  I'm all on board if that's the case.

exactly. they need to squash malcontents immediately. i would call pickens in to the office and ask him point blank if he wants to remain a steeler or traded. if he says remain proceed to tell him to just STFU and stop acting out. and if you got a problem the doors always open.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 12:23 am

we now have a whopping 24.4 million in dead cap money. imagine what they could have done if they had that to spend this year.  they could have paired jamal adams up with minkah. or signed mike williams. Pickett dealt to the Eagles 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles Empty

Back to top Go down

Pickett dealt to the Eagles
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next