Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeColin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism.

Go down 
+8
vasteeler
LambertWardSteel
Mach1
pczach
Wallace108
SteelerFreak58
solardave
IowaSteeler927
12 posters
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. Empty
PostSubject: Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism.   Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 3:00 am

https://sports.yahoo.com/colin-cowherd-steelers-qb-kenny-231403116.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAEuL8vlKz49Gxf-a8N60VrLXQRwyuxaMNhK7O3VYqy9PpKmhcnXeytlkdQSNnxUOpNUn4mTa9vL2QINlaLcMHXLlGBAzA-IDDUOoUl0YrqVlrRf5T8pwHjK65TyUr9z-ys88ainP6PVtFmVB_3oZPeHGjnsZuifwu6GoDlgTZoMg

We all know Colin Cowherd, he's just another sports analyst talking head in the same vein as a Skip Bayless that will say whatever he thinks he needs to say at times to be controversial or against the grain so that he can garner attention for himself.

People that are sleeping on KP are going to be in for a rude awakening this season. He showed us as a Rookie that he might just have the clutch gene and really improved over the course of the season. I know it's the Preseason and teams aren't really showing their hand just yet, but the offense looks miles ahead of where they were last season and the front office did a great job in the draft and in free agency of infusing talent into this roster and setting this team up for success.

I don't know that Cowherd even truly believes what he's saying, but if he does, I think he's wrong.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism.   Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 4:18 am

I think he's wrong too. All we've seen from KP is improvement but that's OK. I don't really care what Cow Herder says. I won't compare him to Mark Madden because he's not malicious and he doesn't act like a stupid douchebag like Madden.
KP has a supporting cast and I expect him to be a winner and we didn't have to go into REBUILD mode. Omar,Art II and Tomlin did an excellent job of RETOOLING.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism.   Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 8:49 am

This season and the next one are going to be the proof if we have our QB or not. The FO did everything they could to strengthen the weak areas of the team this off-season.

Master_Of_Puppets and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism.   Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 9:24 am

If you don't like Cowherd's opinion, wait 10 minutes and it will change. Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Master_Of_Puppets, solardave, tube517, IowaSteeler927, Stella Nation, LambertWardSteel and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism.   Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 9:53 am

The next time I trust an evaluation of talent by Colin Cowherd will be the first time I trust an evaluation of talent by him.

IowaSteeler927, LambertWardSteel and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism.   Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 10:10 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
This season and the next one are going to be the proof if we have our QB or not. The FO did everything they could to strengthen the weak areas of the team this off-season.

But still have mat canada.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism.   Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 2:21 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I think this is the key here. The answer may still not be clear at the end of this year but we'll have a much better idea. I'm really getting sick of the national media trying to predict KP's greatness or failure....and it seems mainly to be failure, or mediocrity, based on 11 games his rookies season. I feel like the team has been upgraded from last year and he'll have a better chance to succeed. I think he will, and really hoping he makes the next step and is not hindered by coaching.

pczach and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism.   Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 4:07 pm

Fuck Colin Cowherd

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

solardave, Bays, tube517, IowaSteeler927, pczach and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism.   Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 4:32 pm

vasteeler wrote:
Fuck Colin Cowherd

Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. 3562723908 well said

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism.   Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 6:50 pm

Mach1 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

But still have mat canada.

Yup but that's on the FO and Tomlin for keeping him around. Kenny has to rise above the possible mediocre play calling of Canada and take responsibility in his own hands if Canada is the problem. Ben did his last season and he put Canada on a shelf midway through the 3rd quarter lots of times and called things on his own to win games.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism.   Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 7:43 pm

There are a lot of lazy "pundits" - this is just another one of them. Anyone who doesn't see KP's potential, hasn't really watched the games. It's really easy to just look at the stats from last year and say "eh". But without watching the games and understanding how those stats came about, people don't understand the real story. KP has looked amazing since mid-last season. His potential is off the charts. My prediction, at the end of this year, they will be talking about Kenny as one of the best QB's in the NFL.

IowaSteeler927 and pczach like this post

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism.   Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 10:57 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
Fuck Colin Cowherd

Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. 3562723908  well said

That's why we love vasteeler, he doesn't sugar coat it. Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. 1797695198

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism.   Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. EmptyFri Aug 25, 2023 2:36 am

people make the mistake thinking someone just being on TV makes them some kind of expert, therefor their OPINION is more valid. i mean can someone WATCH a game on TV better than another person ? my guess is many of these nerds like bayless, cowherd, steven a-hole smith, probably have never participated in organized sports at any level. they are, "professional spectator's" .

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism.   Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. EmptyFri Aug 25, 2023 7:56 am

vasteeler wrote:
Fuck Colin Cowherd

Sometimes it's not about the quantity, but the quality of the post! Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. 2573146105

Wallace108, IowaSteeler927 and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism.   Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 2:08 pm

Did I miss the part where he explains why he doesn’t think KP can be great?
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism.   Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 5:39 pm

Joe Starkey wrote a good article about KP at Pittsburgh Post Gazette....

Joe Starkey: Kenny Pickett will be a rising top-10 quarterback this season

This opinion is not based on Kenny Pickett shredding the Atlanta Falcons JV team (although that was impressive). It’s based on how Pickett finished last season and how he has performed and comported himself all offseason.

He simply looks the part.

He looks like a budding star.

I’m with Ben Roethlisberger on this topic. It was Ben, a few months ago on his podcast, who said this to Pickett himself: “I'm pleasantly surprised, and I was glad I was wrong in the sense of where I had you. I think you're the future of this team.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe-starkey/2023/08/25/pittsburgh-steelers-kenny-pickett-atlanta-falcons-george-pickens/stories/202308220124

solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism.   Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism. Empty

Back to top Go down

Colin Cowherd "I don't see greatness", doubles down on Kenny Pickett criticism.
Page 1 of 1