Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMatt Canada fired - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Matt Canada fired

Go down 
+8
Great Randino
Shalieve5090
Stella Nation
solardave
SteelerFreak58
Mach1
IowaSteeler927
vasteeler
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Matt Canada fired - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 6:24 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
they may draft a late round QB , but anyone thinking they are looking to replace kenny will be disappointed. he will get the same amount of leeway as bush. i think there are some intriguing mid and late round QB's this draft.

I agree with this. I think it's Pickett for a while to come. Really hoping a new coordinator will help him. The focus is going to really be on Kenny now. It really feels like he has already lost support from the fanbase, firing Canada is going to put a lot of focus on him to do better.

especially if they give him the whole field to work with. if he starts throwing to the middle of the field and fails and tomlin starts playing to win instead of playing not to lose... Matt Canada fired - Page 2 2472506995  
all the holdout fans that are still Blaming  Canada will turn on kenny AND Tomlin. could it be Tomlin wanted Canada around to be his scapegoat because he has no clue how to fix the shit show.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 9:23 am

I don't know if they will keep Kenny if he doesn't improve. Rumour has it that Colbert and Tomlin didn't want to draft Pickett but were forced by Art II who feared another Dan Marino scenario. So Tomlin won't hesitate to get a QB he wants and Khan and Weidl have no connection with Kenny at all.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 10:12 am

First we need to see NFL play calling instead of draw in the dirt Pop Warner style. Then KP can either blossom or lose his job. If he shows he can direct drives consistently I'm all for it but we sure as hell don't need another search that lasts as long as the one from TB to BR.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 11:21 am

Well two things Kenny won't be able to hide, one his accuracy, 2 his decision/targeting process. Maybe his accuracy improves (I doubt that), but his decision process/targeting may change maybe he won't be Charlie check down constantly throwing behind the LOS.

If he can produce 2 or 3 TDs every game with his arm and the running game I think people will quiet down a little. Problem is noone can really say he is able to do that at this point...

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 3:40 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Well two things Kenny won't be able to hide, one his accuracy, 2 his decision/targeting process. Maybe his accuracy improves (I doubt that), but his decision process/targeting may change maybe he won't be Charlie check down constantly throwing behind the LOS.

If he can produce 2 or 3 TDs every game with his arm and the running game I think people will quiet down a little. Problem is noone can really say he is able to do that at this point...
I actually think he would benefit greatly by taking off with it more often. When he was hot 2nd half last season, he'd make a lot of things happen by tucking it and keeping it. Seems like he saw the field better when he did that, too.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2023 9:08 am

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I actually think he would benefit greatly by taking off with it more often.  When he was hot 2nd half last season, he'd make a lot of things happen by tucking it and keeping it.  Seems like he saw the field better when he did that, too.

I was thinking the same thing wondering why Canada didn't design plays that catered to his strengths until it became obvious Canada only had like 3 real plays. Canada was basically the blind hog OC that found that root enough times to lead Tomlin to believe he could coach.
I would love nothing more than for KP to grow into our franchise QB. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2023 2:37 pm

solardave wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I actually think he would benefit greatly by taking off with it more often.  When he was hot 2nd half last season, he'd make a lot of things happen by tucking it and keeping it.  Seems like he saw the field better when he did that, too.

I was thinking the same thing wondering why Canada didn't design plays that catered to his strengths until it became obvious Canada only had like 3 real plays. Canada was basically the blind hog OC that found that root enough times to lead Tomlin to believe he could coach.
I would love nothing more than for KP to grow into our franchise QB. Time will tell.
I feel the same way about KP. Want to see him succeed and maximise his potential.

I will never understand why we never really saw Matt Canada's true offense. The one he ran at Pitt was anything but bland and predictable, and had defenses so off balance, they never knew where it was going.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 10:32 am

I'll say I'm nervously anticipating this next game. So nothing has changed yet. Matt Canada fired - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 11:19 am

solardave wrote:
I'll say I'm nervously anticipating this next game. So nothing has changed yet. Matt Canada fired - Page 2 1797695198
That seems like a totally appropriate feeling leading into the game (or - let's face it - any Steelers game). Matt Canada fired - Page 2 611739232
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 2:31 pm

Great Randino wrote:
solardave wrote:
That seems like a totally appropriate feeling leading into the game (or - let's face it - any Steelers game). Matt Canada fired - Page 2 611739232

All I want to see is large doses of Jaylen Warren running the ball and some PA passing to MUTH to back off the Bengals LBs and Safeties out of the box.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 6:57 pm

Canada's choice of what plays to call and when they were called, plus the personnel he used was a huge part of the problem. like running najee outside on a 3rd and 2 would be a good example and is a HUGE part of his failing offense, more so than the play design itself. a little tweaking of the existing offense, with motions and shifts to give the defense something to think about could go a long way.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 7:11 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
solardave wrote:

All I want to see is large doses of Jaylen Warren running the ball and some PA passing to MUTH to back off the Bengals LBs and Safeties out of the box.

play action requires the Oline to actually be able to hold their blocks more than a half a second.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 25, 2023 2:37 am

I think KP can be a good QB, meaning functional like O’Donnell. He proved that last year with his play, he’s more clutch than no 14 though. The thing that I think will hold him back is his arm strength and gloves (his grip) which I think will become a factor in post season January - February football. I think the guy is double jointed (see photos) - which doesn’t mean small hands per se but it does affect grip on the football (speaking from personal experience). Maybe bridge QB is his destiny (to borrow the idea from another poster from another site)

KP’s greatest strength was his mobility and salvaging busted plays - but Canadas one read plays took away from that imo. KP needs to get back to that (more audibles, picking up blitzes, and being encouraged to scan the field more)

vasteeler likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 25, 2023 10:20 am

Steeler-in-west wrote:
I think KP can be a good QB, meaning functional like O’Donnell. He proved that last year with his play, he’s more clutch than no 14 though. The thing that I think will hold him back is his arm strength and gloves (his grip) which I think will become a factor in post season January - February football. I think the guy is double jointed (see photos) - which doesn’t mean small hands per se but it does affect grip on the football (speaking from personal experience). Maybe bridge QB is his destiny (to borrow the idea from another poster from another site)

KP’s greatest strength was his mobility and salvaging busted plays - but Canadas one read plays took away from that imo. KP needs to get back to that (more audibles, picking up blitzes, and being encouraged to scan the field more)

Depends on if Tomlin will let him off the leash or not.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 28, 2023 11:52 am

A little late to the party here, but just need to post on this topic. The heavens have opened up and all has been set right with the world Matt Canada fired - Page 2 131212936

I posted in the past how horrible it was that Ben's final few years were influenced by someone who didn't belong in the NFL (or college for that matter). I have a lot of faith the 2 guys responsible for the offence will be able to do a much better job than this historically poor offense we've suffered under the past few years.

vasteeler, solardave, Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 2:39 am

kirklandrules wrote:
A little late to the party here, but just need to post on this topic. The heavens have opened up and all has been set right with the world Matt Canada fired - Page 2 131212936

I posted in the past how horrible it was that Ben's final few years were influenced by someone who didn't belong in the NFL (or college for that matter). I have a lot of faith the 2 guys responsible for the offence will be able to do a much better job than this historically poor offense we've suffered under the past few years.

Better late than never KR. We all knew Ben was past his prime but I'm sure an actual OC for his last year would have made a difference but I could be wrong because the Oline was about the caliber when Ben first started but back then he could be illusive.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 3:14 am

I agree that Ben's last years were wasted, but he was part of the problem too. It was him who wanted Fichtner as an OC and the shitshow started there. Then Canada took over and it even got worse.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 3:21 am

anyone think canada was watching the game ? you know damn well he was praying they would look like shit. Matt Canada fired - Page 2 1549491426
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 7:31 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
anyone think canada was watching the game ? you know damn well he was praying they would look like shit.  Matt Canada fired - Page 2 1549491426

I was thinking the same thing when I was watching the game Sunday Matt Canada fired - Page 2 2981382511

PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Matt Canada fired
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2