Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePickett dealt to the Eagles - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pickett dealt to the Eagles

Go down 
+4
SteelerFreak58
Master_Of_Puppets
Great Randino
Shalieve5090
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Pickett dealt to the Eagles - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 12:39 am

As a lifelong Steelers fan in my 50s, I honestly can't remember an offseason as chaotic as this one. And I thought that before the Kenny trade.

I really don't know what their plan is for the quarterback position behind Wilson. It's unlikely they use a high draft pick on a qb, although it's probable they use a later pick on one. The obvious solution is to sign a veteran like Tannehill.

Another possible solution, which is starting to buzz, is trading for Fields. But they're in a worse position to do that than they were before getting rid of Kenny. They had the leverage before. Now they don't.

Getting rid of Kenny was the right thing to do if the reports of him reacting poorly to the Wilson signing are true. But they created a need where there wasn't one yesterday. Yoi and double yoi.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 12:46 am

Pickett dealt to the Eagles - Page 2 20220810

During training camp last season, I wouldn't have been able to imagine a scenario where none of these three would be on the team less than a year later. Too preposterous. Yet here we are.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 1:02 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Pickett dealt to the Eagles - Page 2 20220810

During training camp last season, I wouldn't have been able to imagine a scenario where none of these three would be on the team less than a year later. Too preposterous. Yet here we are.
Ain't that the truth. Bizarre.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 4:08 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Been out of the loop for a while. Have I missed anything? Pickett dealt to the Eagles - Page 2 2829330259

Dude you look familiar. Where do we know you from? Pickett dealt to the Eagles - Page 2 1797695198

This has been the craziest off-season I've ever seen. It will be interesting to see what they do about QB2 and QB3. So far they added 3 starters. Wilson, Queen, and Jackson. I like the Elliot pickup too.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 4:56 am

to those who bought a Pickett jersey.... Pickett dealt to the Eagles - Page 2 4130395391

vasteeler, solardave and Shalieve5090 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 6:30 pm

in my 4+ decades of watching NFL. i have never seen so many big name players moving teams. it is hard to keep up with all the transaction. dead cap money for a lot of teams is just mind boggling.
i thought the steelers 24.4 million was hideous until i saw the chargers are eating 51.4 million in dead money. the vikings are eating 57.4 million.
me thinks some of these GM's have taken money management classes from the government. how can they look at their spread sheets and not see they are like the titanic headed towards the iceberg BEFORE they offer up a huge contract. just imagine if the cap had not made the huge jump it did this year. some of these teams would have 25+ % of their cap tied up in dead money. Pickett dealt to the Eagles - Page 2 1505004552

solardave and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 4:24 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
in my 4+ decades of watching NFL. i have never seen so many big name players moving teams. it is hard to keep up with all the transaction. dead cap money for a lot of teams is just mind boggling.
i thought the steelers 24.4 million was hideous until i saw the chargers are eating 51.4 million in dead money. the vikings are eating 57.4 million.
me thinks some of these GM's have taken money management classes from the government. how can they look at their spread sheets and not see they are like the titanic headed towards the iceberg BEFORE they offer up a huge contract. just imagine if the cap had not made the huge jump it did this year. some of these teams would have 25+ % of their cap tied up in dead money. Pickett dealt to the Eagles - Page 2 1505004552

But can't they just print more? I guess the NFL could start taxing ticket holders.In addition to sales tax.
Pickett dealt to the Eagles - Page 2 2913999526
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 11:09 am

What a crazy week for our team. Hope this works out. I'm kind of excited about a whole new QB room. No problems at all all with letting any of those previous QBs leave.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 4:29 pm

prepare yourself for seeing A LOT of sacks. both wilson and Fields tend to hold the ball too long.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 2:25 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
prepare yourself for seeing A LOT of sacks.  both wilson and Fields tend to hold the ball too long.

Well I say let's beef up the Oline to give them more time. We need a center and a LT (not named Moore) or RT so we move Jones to LT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pickett dealt to the Eagles   Pickett dealt to the Eagles - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pickett dealt to the Eagles
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2