Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeA few minutes with Haley Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

A few minutes with Haley

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

A few minutes with Haley Empty
PostSubject: A few minutes with Haley   A few minutes with Haley EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:09 pm

Q. How is the team progressing in terms of learning the offense?
A. They’re getting more and more comfortable. It’s part of the process. This is their third time through, hearing it and processing it. It was clear from day one (at training camp) that everybody had taken what we said in the spring, studied it and stayed with it through their true offseason. That’s a good sign.

Q. Has there been an effort to establish a physical mentality during camp?
A. We didn’t have any real discussions about that. That’s just the way myself and our staff believe you’ve got to play football. We need to have this training camp as part of establishing identity. We want to be a team that most importantly can run it when we want to run it and throw it when we have to throw it. That’s the key to being a successful offense, because other than that you’re keeping the defense off base. If you can run it when they know you’re going to run it, successfully, and you can throw it when they know you’re going to throw, you have a chance to be real good. That’s what we’re working on.

Q. Were you trying to send a message by calling mostly running plays during the first team drill?
A. We start practice, generally, with a run-emphasis period. It’s what we’ll do. We definitely want more runs than passes in that. The passes are just to keep the defense honest. Otherwise, we’d run it on all of them. The rest of the way, you’ll see, generally, unless it’s a blitz period, you’ll see a balanced attack. As much as I can keep it equal, that’s the way I’ll do it because, ideally, that’s the way you’d like to play. You’ve got to practice both, because if you don’t practice both, you’re not giving each phase its due.

Q. Will you have to change the offense in any way if Mike Wallace does not report?
A. As I’ve said from the start, a lot of this process for me has been trying to figure out what each guy’s strengths and weaknesses are. I think that’s coaching, playing to their strengths and trying to stay away from weaknesses. To this point, we’ve coached and worked with the guys who are here. Wallace is a great player, and I’ve had experience on the other side of the ball with him, and I’m counting on him being here. Right now, I just have to really stay focused on who’s here and developing and getting everybody ready to go.

Read more...

fer69

PostSubject: Re: A few minutes with Haley   A few minutes with Haley EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 3:17 pm

Holly shit!!!! We're practicing running Plays!?!?!?!?

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: A few minutes with Haley   A few minutes with Haley EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 3:39 pm

fer69 wrote:

Not too fast Fer, even Arians ran running plays in practice and pre-season!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION A few minutes with Haley 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: A few minutes with Haley   A few minutes with Haley EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 4:45 pm

fer69 wrote:

Who's Holly and why is she shitting everywhere? A few minutes with Haley 3146839497

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: A few minutes with Haley   A few minutes with Haley EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:00 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
fer69 wrote:

Who's Holly and why is she shitting everywhere? A few minutes with Haley 3146839497

A few minutes with Haley 3562723908 Smartass you know what I meant A few minutes with Haley 1797695198
It's this fucking phone always doing whatever the hell it wants to

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: A few minutes with Haley   A few minutes with Haley EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:37 pm

fer69 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
fer69 wrote:

A few minutes with Haley 3562723908 Smartass you know what I meant A few minutes with Haley 1797695198
It's this fucking phone always doing whatever the hell it wants to

Suuuure, Fer.... it's the phone. A few minutes with Haley 2981382511

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few minutes with Haley   A few minutes with Haley Empty

Back to top Go down

A few minutes with Haley
Page 1 of 1