Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDeangelo Williams Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Deangelo Williams

Go down 
+12
SteelerEmpire
DesertSteel
SteelerFreak58
SteelersYak
The_Joker
Fire Arians
Hawaii 5-0
tony hipchest
Atlanta Dan
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Steelcitian
ImperialFan
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: D-Wil   Deangelo Williams EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 12:28 pm

I know Bell is good enough to tote the load on his own but DeAngelo looked really good those first couple games. I'd say he looks better than blunt did last year. He good enough to start though and I'm not saying he should split carries with Bell or anything but maybe give him the ball 20 to 25 percent of the time to change things up and maybe keep bell young a little longer.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 12:46 pm

So this guy just gonna sit on the bench all season then? Obviously bell can tote the load but I think it would be a pretty good idea to get him in there in some situations especially short yardage plays and to preserve Bell a little.
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 12:59 pm

They were both in on the TD to DHB.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 1:09 pm

He won't just sit on the bench every play. They had him on the field at the same time as Bell and a few times on his on against the Ravens and the Rams. I think they will make that determination depending on the defense and situational football. I'll play Devil's advocate a little here and say how much exposure does DeAngelo need for fans to be satisfied if he could have to fill in later as our starter (in case of a Bell injury, lets say). Wouldn't you want his legs relatively fresh? I like the idea of threatening the run with Williams and the pass with Bell on the same play a few times a game still. I don't particularly think Williams is de facto the better choice for any situation over Bell though.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 1:46 pm

He also was on the field with Bell on the 3rd and 2 play before Vick overthrew the 4th down pass to Brown in OT

Let's hope Haley can start play calling with a full deck of offensive players once Ben returns and that the season is not cooked by then - my bet is Williams will be included when the full offense is available

Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 1:51 pm

i say on every play we have all 5 linemen, 3 tight ends, 4 wide receivers AND bell and williams in on the play.

our rush game always improves with atleast spaeth and miller blocking or atleast brown, bryant, and wheaton/DHB as decoys.

. .
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 3:22 pm

14 players on the field... Yeah

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 6:18 pm

Nothing gets past you, does it?

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 6:19 pm

Hahaha!

. .
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 8:39 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
14 players on the field... Yeah

15 if you want a QB in there somewhere lol
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 10:03 pm

We don't need no stinking quarterback

ImperialFan

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 7:21 pm

I bet see we a a bigger dose of D-lo tonight

Hawaii 5-0

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 12:20 am

Can Williams continue to be a guy who gets 29 touches in a game? After all, he entered this season with 14 career 20-carry games. He now has two such games in three starts for the Steelers.

But he said he’s ready.

“Oh yeah, it feels great,” Williams said of his body after the game. “The ball’s not heavy at all.”

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story/1609236-thoughts-from-the-pressbox
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 10:46 am

Williams is going to have to carry this team while Ben is gone, we gotta go back to the old style Pittsburgh offense, but I think Williams is good and tough enough to do it.

Last edited by Fire Arians on Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The_Joker

The_Joker

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 10:46 am

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-opinions-reactions-news-updates/2015/11/9/9693506/deangelo-williams-is-the-real-luxury-item-for-the-steelers-in-2015

Good piece here. I really am at peace with missing Bell for the year, Williams has filled in beyond admirably.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 10:53 am

Thank God for Williams. He has REALLY stepped up

SteelerFreak58

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 11:19 am

Best FA pick up in a long while.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 12:48 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Can Williams continue to be a guy who gets 29 touches in a game? After all, he entered this season with 14 career 20-carry games. He now has two such games in three starts for the Steelers.

But he said he’s ready.

“Oh yeah, it feels great,” Williams said of his body after the game. “The ball’s not heavy at all.”

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story/1609236-thoughts-from-the-pressbox

Maybe that's why he has so much tread left on his tires... Thank you Panthers for saving him for us.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 5:22 pm

Deangelo is playing the best football of his career, right here, in Pittsburgh. I too am at peace with Bell being out for the season. Williams has given me no reason not to believe he can go out there and Put up numbers that mimic Bell's numbers. 225 yards from scrimmage right? If Brown didnt have over 300, D-Wil is all we'd be talking about.

SteelerEmpire

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 9:32 pm

D. Williams fits this teams system well. Hopefully we don't lose him in the off-season because I have a feeling he's gonna have some very fat offers.

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 9:38 pm

SteelerEmpire wrote:
D. Williams fits this teams system well. Hopefully we don't lose him in the off-season because I have a feeling he's gonna have some very fat offers.  
he signed a 2 year deal worth $4 mil.

. .
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 9:45 pm

SteelerEmpire wrote:

I don't know. He's 32 years old and not getting any younger. How much longer can we really expect a running back to perform like this? He could have another year or 2 left but hes not going to be doing this when hes 35. I would like us to keep him around as a back up for Bell next season but hopefully that's all he will have to be. I just don't see anyone really offering him that much based solely on his age. If we lose him, fuck it, hopefully bell doesnt go down again next year, and Im sure we will make sure we have a quality back up either way, I think we learned our lesson last season when we had Ben Tate, Josh Harris and Dri Archer for the Baltimore playoff game.

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 10:00 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
SteelerEmpire wrote:

I don't know. He's 32 years old and not getting any younger. How much longer can we really expect a running back to perform like this? He could have another year or 2 left but hes not going to be doing this when hes 35. I would like us to keep him around as a back up for Bell next season but hopefully that's all he will have to be. I just don't see anyone really offering him that much based solely on his age. If we lose him, fuck it, hopefully bell doesnt go down again next year, and Im sure we will make sure we have a quality back up either way, I think we learned our lesson last season when we had Ben Tate, Josh Harris and Dri Archer for the Baltimore playoff game.
Deangelo Williams 1505004552

He signed a 2 year deal worth $4 mil.

. .
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 10:39 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
SteelerEmpire wrote:

Deangelo Williams 1505004552

He signed a 2 year deal worth $4 mil.

Yes Tony, thank you. I saw that the first time but I had already wrote and posted that. I was unaware that we had him signed for 2 years.

SteelersYak

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 4:06 pm

Williams is apparently having foot issues as well....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/10/deangelo-williams-has-foot-issue-steelers-have-little-depth-behind-him/

Deangelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams Empty

Back to top Go down

Deangelo Williams
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next