Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round

Go down 
+25
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Atlanta Dan
jak341
El-Gonzo Jackson
effyou515
SteelersYak
Master_Of_Puppets
kirklandrules
Vis
BKAnthem
SteelersCanada
Buddha Bus
tony hipchest
Austinfrench76
ETL
Steeler Zach
Bays
Fire Arians
DesertSteel
Hawaii 5-0
kan_t
43Hitman
SoCalFan
ImperialFan
Wallace108
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round Empty
PostSubject: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:11 pm

Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round Grant620

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:15 pm

Yes! I feel so much better now. I was hoping we would double up at CB especially after taking Golson at 5'8 1/2. This guy is 5'10, still not the biggest guy but at least an average height. I bet between the two of them we will come out with one good corner. My personal feeling is that it will be this guy. He weighs in at 200 pounds. I feel like the extra 1 1/2 inches and 25 pounds will be a big advantage for him over Golson.
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:16 pm

THANK YOU!!! wELCOME MR. GRANT! Now can everyone shut up about taking that WR!

Xtreme Newb
43Hitman

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:19 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Yes! I feel so much better now. I was hoping we would double up at CB especially after taking Golson at 5'8 1/2. This guy is 5'10, still not the biggest guy but at least an average height. I bet between the two of them we will come out with one good corner. My personal feeling is that it will be this guy.  He weighs in at 200 pounds. I feel like the extra 1 1/2 inches and 25 pounds will be a big advantage for him over Golson.

Golson has better speed and ball skills. He should be the better of the two, otherwise the Steelers would have taken Grant before him.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:22 pm

Quote :
There must be something in the water at Ohio State that makes defensive backs into stars by the time they leave Columbus.

Less than two years after being considered the unknown commodity in a secondary full of returning starters, Doran Grant is an NFL player after being selected by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 4th round of the 2015 NFL Draft.

A big time recruit heading into his Ohio State career, there wasn't a lot of opportunities for Grant to see the field in his first two seasons on campus. Stuck behind All-Big Ten performers Bradley Roby and Travis Howard, he was relegated to a backup role for his first two seasons.

But in his lone start in his sophomore season-coming in for an injured Roby-Grant showed flashes of the player he would someday become for Ohio State, recording seven tackles, a sack, an interception and a fumble recovery in a closer than expected win against UAB.

Heading into his junior year, it was finally Grant's time to step into the spotlight as a full time starter and show the country what he was capable of.

See more at: https://ohiostate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1762515#sthash.CfbXr9GD.dpuf

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:26 pm

Quote :
A team that drafts Doran Grant gets a hard worker and a leader, an intelligent defensive back who can adjust to the complex routes and schemes used on NFL teams. Grant had the benefit of working within two defensive systems while at Ohio State, which should allow him to more easily pick up an NFL team's playbook. As the only returning secondary starter last year, he helped turn a young defense into a powerhouse.

Doran Grant also brings much-needed maturity to the locker room. As the NFL continues to scrutinize its image, teams looking at Grant don't need to worry about off-field issues.

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2015/5/1/8510059/2015-nfl-draft-prospects-ohio-state-cornerback-doran-grant

Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:27 pm

43Hitman wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
Yes! I feel so much better now. I was hoping we would double up at CB especially after taking Golson at 5'8 1/2. This guy is 5'10, still not the biggest guy but at least an average height. I bet between the two of them we will come out with one good corner. My personal feeling is that it will be this guy.  He weighs in at 200 pounds. I feel like the extra 1 1/2 inches and 25 pounds will be a big advantage for him over Golson.

Golson has better speed and ball skills. He should be the better of the two, otherwise the Steelers would have taken Grant before him.

Let's let the results do the talking. Has the sucess of our players gone in this order the past few years?

1st rd, 2nd rd, 3rd rd 4th rd. Didnt think so. Shut up.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:30 pm

Now I wanna see us draft a safety in round 5 or 6. Are there any good safetys left? Sorry the draft roster is not one of my greatest strengths.

Xtreme Newb
43Hitman

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:31 pm

Excuse me? You have your opinions and I have mine, no one is telling you to stop flapping your gums, so get over it hotshot. You've pretty much sealed your fate as far as being called out when Golson is successful.

ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:37 pm

43Hitman wrote:
Excuse me? You have your opinions and I have mine, no one is telling you to stop flapping your gums, so get over it hotshot. You've pretty much sealed your fate as far as being called out when Golson is successful.

Sorry. No, No... lol. I Specifically said I don't wanna get called out if Golson is a success. I just didn't want him to be the only corner we drafted, or the biggest corner we drafted.
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:39 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Did you watch their game tapes? What's their difference in actual CB skills make you feel that he would be better than Golson? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
43Hitman
Xtreme Newb
43Hitman

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:43 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
43Hitman wrote:

Sorry. No, No... lol. I Specifically said I don't wanna get called out if Golson is a success. I just didn't want him to be the only corner we drafted, or the biggest corner we drafted.

Well in the world of reality, which I live in, what you want and what you get are two completely different things.
Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round 1401235891

kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:48 pm

Reading his scouting report, Grant is more suited as a slot CB while Golson is more suited as playing outside.

It may not be a direct competition.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:49 pm

Emmanuel Sanders was a 3rd round pick. Antonio Brown was a 6th round pick in the same draft. Which one turned out to be the better receiver? The point is that while it's fun to discuss and speculate about who will be the better corner, there's no way of knowing based on what they've done up to this point. What matters is what they do going forward. If any of us could say for certain which one will end up having more success, we'd be working for the Steelers and helping draft rather than hanging out on a forum and talking about it. Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:53 pm

43Hitman wrote:
You've pretty much sealed your fate as far as being called out when Golson is successful.

just remember, there is a mandatory 3 year waiting period before you can angry chair someone... Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round 1797695198
Back to top Go down
43Hitman
Xtreme Newb
43Hitman

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:56 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
43Hitman wrote:
You've pretty much sealed your fate as far as being called out when Golson is successful.

just remember, there is a mandatory 3 year waiting period before you can angry chair someone... Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round 1797695198

Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round 3562723908 Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round 3562723908 Well played sir, very well played. Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round 230572241

43Hitman
Xtreme Newb
43Hitman

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:58 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Emmanuel Sanders was a 3rd round pick. Antonio Brown was a 6th round pick in the same draft. Which one turned out to be the better receiver? The point is that while it's fun to discuss and speculate about who will be the better corner, there's no way of knowing based on what they've done up to this point. What matters is what they do going forward. If any of us could say for certain which one will end up having more success, we'd be working for the Steelers and helping draft rather than hanging out on a forum and talking about it. Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round 1797695198

Very true. I would argue that Manny was oft injured, then turned into a diva, but I'm more than happy with how things turned out.

ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 2:44 pm

kan_t wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
Did you watch their game tapes? What's their difference in actual CB skills make you feel that he would be better than Golson? Just curious.

I've seen a lot of tape on Golson. I watched a lot of it last night and I agree that he looks like a very talented, speedy, ball hawk type corner. I Haven't seen any tape on Grant. I am just going by the fact that he has 2 inches and 25 pounds on Golson that he MAY be better suited for the NFL.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:48 pm

43Hitman wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

But if a guy is 1 1/2" taller... he has to be better! He has to!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:54 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
But if a guy is 1 1/2" taller... he has to be better! He has to!

that's what she said? Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:55 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
43Hitman wrote:

Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round 1664291743

Steeler Zach

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:59 pm

Obligatory Ohio State draft pick is obligatory. Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round 1797695198
Back to top Go down
ETL

ETL

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:54 pm

It is of utter utter simplicity to judge a draft pick to be better because of a 2 inch height difference. I am not saying that Grant won't be better than Golson but to say that Grant will be better because he's a bit taller and that's it - just the height and some size - is ... Amateurish. C'mon. We should be better than this.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 8:25 pm

Love the Grant pick!! He fits our scheme well. May only be a nickel or dime CB but hell I'll take it. And he may end up a safety. Who knows?!
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round EmptySat May 02, 2015 8:31 pm

ETL wrote:
It is of utter utter simplicity to judge a draft pick to be better because of a 2 inch height difference. I am not saying that Grant won't be better than Golson  but to say that  Grant will be better because he's a bit taller and that's it - just the height and some size - is ... Amateurish. C'mon. We should be better than this.

Golson weighs 176 pounds.... I weigh 176 pounds! I am too small to play in he nfl and so is he.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round   Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers select OSU cornerback Doran Grant in the fourth round
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next