Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThere is only one Ben Roethlisberger.  - Page 5 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

There is only one Ben Roethlisberger.

Go down 
+24
Bane
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
JPPT1974
Craziaskowboi
Steeler Zach
Dave75th
Stella Nation
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
ImperialFan
SteelersYak
pczach
stlrtruck
LambertLunatic
vasteeler
SteelersCanada
kirklandrules
Vis
tony hipchest
SteelersNorth
Jazzo
effyou515
steelcrazy
Hawaii 5-0
steelstoned1972
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Vis

Vis

There is only one Ben Roethlisberger.  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: There is only one Ben Roethlisberger.    There is only one Ben Roethlisberger.  - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 1:51 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
QB Index: Ben joins Big Three at QB

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The NFL Editor
Published: Sept. 24, 2015

Ben Roethlisberger is playing the best football of his oddly underrated career. The Steelers' offense has racked up more yards than any team in the league despite missing Le'Veon Bell, Martavis Bryant and Maurkice Pouncey. What are they going to look like when everyone is healthy?

Roethlisberger has hit another level by going downfield more than ever. Too often overlooked throughout his career when discussing the top quarterbacks in the league, he now looks to be comfortably in the top three. The pieces are in place for him to have a late-career MVP run that looked unlikely when Todd Haley took over the Steelers' offense in 2012.

Last Sunday's performance against the 49ers was one of the best games I've seen in three years of writing this column. He completed twice as many impressive vertical passes (six) as he had off-target throws (three). His style of play has always been built around aggression. But now Roethlisberger doesn't need to improvise after the snap because he's irrationally good at simply dropping back and heaving it down the field.

Roethlisberger is the best deep ball thrower in the league. Through two weeks, he's completed 10 passes that traveled at least 20 yards in the air. That's double the total of any other quarterback. It's insane that the six plays below happened in the same game, one in which he only threw 27 passes.

There's no longer any questions about Roethlisberger's place among quarterback royalty. The Big Three in September 2015 consists of Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Big Ben.

This is the Quarterback Index. After four weeks, we'll rank the quarterbacks solely based on this year's play. While collecting evidence in the meantime, the rankings below are based on one question: What QB would you want running your team for the rest of the season?

Class of his own

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Ben Roethlisberger
3. Tom Brady

Alphabetical by first name?

PostSubject: Re: There is only one Ben Roethlisberger.    There is only one Ben Roethlisberger.  - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 5:38 pm

" Ben in the Big Three."  

Tell that to many of the radio sports talk shows.  The hosts always seem to mention Rodgers, Brady, Brees before finally getting to Ben.

Not for long.       Ben LOL
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: There is only one Ben Roethlisberger.    There is only one Ben Roethlisberger.  - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 8:57 am

FrancoLambert wrote:
" Ben in the Big Three."  

Tell that to many of the radio sports talk shows.  The hosts always seem to mention Rodgers, Brady, Brees before finally getting to Ben.

How about Ron Jaworski rating him as the 7th best quarterback in the league? There is only one Ben Roethlisberger.  - Page 5 798776511

I think someone's been spending too much time alone with a projector. You would think that idiotic assessment should be enough to discredit "Jaws" as an expert on rating quarterbacks, but I'm sure he'll be back same time next year with his rankings.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: There is only one Ben Roethlisberger.    There is only one Ben Roethlisberger.  - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 3:56 pm

pczach wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:
" Ben in the Big Three."  

How about Ron Jaworski rating him as the 7th best quarterback in the league? There is only one Ben Roethlisberger.  - Page 5 798776511

I think someone's been spending too much time alone with a projector. You would think that idiotic assessment should be enough to discredit "Jaws" as an expert on rating quarterbacks, but I'm sure he'll be back same time next year with his rankings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq1Qv4F2Bdk
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: There is only one Ben Roethlisberger.    There is only one Ben Roethlisberger.  - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 3:57 pm

pczach wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:
" Ben in the Big Three."  

I saw that, I think thats the highest ranking Jaws ever gave him

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: There is only one Ben Roethlisberger.    There is only one Ben Roethlisberger.  - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 7:33 pm

Todd Haley lets Ben Roethlisberger loose on no-huddle

Jeremy Fowler, ESPN Senior NFL Writer

People seem to love reading about how a quarterback and offensive coordinator handle play-calling duties, and Todd Haley had a good nugget Thursday when asked about whether he's in Ben Roethlisberger's ear when running the no-huddle offense.

The Pittsburgh Steelers ran no-huddle for much of last week's 43-18 win over the San Francicso 49ers, and Roethlisberger said afterward he called "almost every single play" during the game. The Steelers' offense racked up nearly 500 yards in that game.

Haley said Ben was "phenomenal in the game. It was an easy decision to make" to let him orchestrate the no-huddle.

"You don't want to have him dealing with a distraction," Haley said. "When he's playing mentally and physically like he was, let him go."

Is that difficult to relinquish control to the quarterback?

"It makes no difference to me whatsoever. That's the way I feel," Haley said. "I said it Day 1 -- around here and the way I believe, whatever gives you the best possible chance to win."

Haley and Roethlisberger seemed to have a rocky start three-plus years ago, but the rapport between the two appears good.

Meanwhile, expect more no-huddle at St. Louis on Sunday. All the offensive players like it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/15383/steelers-oc-todd-haley-lets-ben-roethlisberger-loose-to-call-no-huddle-plays
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There is only one Ben Roethlisberger.    There is only one Ben Roethlisberger.  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

There is only one Ben Roethlisberger.
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5