Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeUPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick

Go down 
+33
Craziaskowboi
solardave
SoCalFan
Wallace108
nikstar
steelcrazy
Steeler-in-west
effyou515
steelcityboyz
Master_Of_Puppets
vasteeler
harrison'samonster
Hawaii 5-0
SteelerSpartan
PhantomJB93
FrancoLambert
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
stlrtruck
Buddha Bus
BlackAndGold
tony hipchest
jak341
ImperialFan
Lokki
Fire Arians
HeinzMustard
Atlanta Dan
El-Gonzo Jackson
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Stella Nation
kirklandrules
DesertSteel
SteelersNorth
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 3:12 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/vick-meets-with-steelers/ar-BBm5vdb

Quote :
Quarterback Michael Vick might not be a free agent much longer.

The veteran quarterback is meeting with the Pittsburgh Steelers on Tuesday to potentially serve as the back up to Ben Roethlisberger, a person with knowledge of the visit told USA TODAY Sports.

My finger is hovering over the eject button for this season.

Why? I believe Vick is capable enough to win a few games, maybe 2 or 3, should Ben go down with some cheap shot injury from Suggs.

Vick certainly is not capable of holding down the job for longer than that, I know he'll self destruct.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 3:42 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

Quote :

The veteran quarterback is meeting with the Pittsburgh Steelers on Tuesday to potentially serve as the back up to Ben Roethlisberger, a person with knowledge of the visit told USA TODAY Sports.

Why?  I believe Vick is capable enough to win a few games, maybe 2 or 3, should Ben go down with some cheap shot injury from Suggs.

Vick certainly is not capable of holding down the job for longer than that, I know he'll self destruct.

I agree. I'm no huge fan of Vick for the things that he is done. But I'm a huge fan of the Steelers. He is definitely a big upgrade over Landry Jones if Ben should happen to go down. Best case scenario is that Ben never gets hurt and we cruise through Super Bowl 50. Worst case scenario is Ben goes down week 1 and we have Landry Jones for the rest of our 0-16 season. Vick falls in the middle there.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 3:54 pm

Lokki wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

Quote :

Why?  I believe Vick is capable enough to win a few games, maybe 2 or 3, should Ben go down with some cheap shot injury from Suggs.

I agree.  I'm no huge fan of Vick for the things that he is done.  But I'm a huge fan of the Steelers.  He is definitely a big upgrade over Landry Jones if Ben should happen to go down.  Best case scenario is that Ben never gets hurt and we cruise through Super Bowl 50.  Worst case scenario is Ben goes down week 1 and we have Landry Jones for the rest of our 0-16 season.  Vick falls in the middle there.  

We all know Ben won't remain on the bench for long. I think the most he's been on the bench is 4 weeks, but even he was down for 6, I feel confident Vick could get 3-4 wins in that stretch. Ben comes back, and rock-n-rolls through the rest of the schedule, the playoffs, and SB.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 4:19 pm

The guy paid for his sins and has rehabilitated himself. My wife is a veterinarian and we also have 6 dogs. I was against him being allowed back in the league initially, but he's proven himself at this point.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 5:08 pm

Doug Legursky and Mike Vick. Superbowl!
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 5:14 pm

Good move IMO.

Doesn't really matter who's #2 or #3. If Ben goes down for any considerable time we're screwed.

Landry should be #2 based on familiarity with the receivers, and he has improved.

Actually having a guy with Vick's extensive experience as a starter is pretty good for a #3.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 6:01 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

Quote :

It has nothing to do with whether I believe he can help us win games or not. I just choose to not root for a guy who did what he did. I'm a huge animal lover and I won't forgive what he did to those dogs. The man may have "paid his debt", but that doesn't mean I have to forgive him or cheer for him on Sundays. UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 2087824411

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 6:24 pm

Roethlisberger said on Tuesday that signing Vick wouldn't be an issue to him even with Vick's past off-the-field problems.

http://triblive.com/mobile/8976155-96/vick-eagles-roethlisberger?hideHeaders=Yes

That sound you hear is Mike Vick biting through his tongue in order to resist responding to Ben graciously being willing to look past Vick's previous off the field problems UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 1797695198

If the Steelers plan to go with 3 QBs they need to sign someone - looks like Gradkowski's season is shot

With backup quarterback Bruce Gradkowski facing possible shoulder surgery and out indefinitely, the Steelers today turned to Michael Vick, 35, as his possible replacement.

Vick, a multi-talented quarterback who has gone through his share of troubles off the field, including a stint in jail for dog fighting, had a physical and a workout for the Steelers this afternoon.

Gradkowski, the backup to Ben Roethlisberger the past two seasons, had surgery today on his left hand that was injured in Sunday’s game against Green Bay. He also injured his right shoulder on the same play and coach Mike Tomlin said he might need more surgery.

“Bruce has missed a lot of time throughout the preseason, and now with this injury and not having any timetable at this juncture for his return we thought it was prudent” to sign another veteran quarterback.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/08/25/Free-agent-quarterback-Michael-Vick-visits-Pittsburgh-Steelers/stories/201508250143

Last edited by Atlanta Dan on Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 6:28 pm

I seriously don't care what this guy did before, he did his time and hasn't done anything stupid since.

I still don't have a high opinion of the guy's character, but if he helps win football games then sign his ass. this isn't pop warner where it's how you play the game, this is the pros and winning is EVERYTHING here. he can shower with his dogs like jonM for all i care if he helps the winning effort UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 1797695198

I wanna laugh everytime some hypocrite wants to damn vick for 'killing dogs', all while eating a 20oz steak and fried chicken.

And if he's signed he has to know his role. While ben is here he will never be a starter.

Last edited by Fire Arians on Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PhantomJB93

PhantomJB93

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 6:38 pm

Anybody who thinks Vick wouldn't be a way better backup than Gradkowski or Jones needs to have their heads checked. He's still a better QB than a handful of starters in this league, let alone two of the worst backups in the league.

Anybody who supported this team through Ben and Harrison but for some reason thinks Vick is worse or different than those two in any way is just a hypocrite and a lackluster human being in my book and is more than welcome to leave this fanbase.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 7:02 pm

"Hypocrite" and "lackluster human being" all while defending a convicted animal abuser. Gotcha. UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 2421758519

I don't remember Ben being found guilty of anything. I also don't condone what Harrison did either, but both were already members of the team. In fact, I said that if Ben were found guilty of what he was accused of that he should be locked up and thrown off the team. He never was.

I contend that anyone that believes that it doesn't matter what a man has done criminally in a violent manner, as long as it he helps win football games, needs their head examined.

Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 7:12 pm

Whatever. Did we sign him?

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 7:22 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Whatever. Did we sign him?

Not yet. At least it's not on the Steelers website or the NFL website.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 7:24 pm

[quote="Buddha BusI contend that anyone that believes that it doesn't matter what a man has done criminally in a violent manner, as long as it he helps win football games, needs their head examined.[/quote]

And what about the man who paid his debt to society? Has Vick not done that as well? Has he shown any relapses?

However, he has shown that he's got some football left in him.

IMO, he's got enough to be a backup to Ben. At this point, I'm sure Vick will know his role. Hold the clip board, listen to plays, and ride coat tails.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 7:37 pm

Steelers just signed him to a one-year deal

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 7:38 pm

I can't wait to get my Ron Mexico Steelers Jersey!

. .
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 7:51 pm

Ugh.....I can't cheer for this guy.....Do I want him locked up in prison and the key thrown away no. He paid his debt to the law.....

But that's different from actively wanting to cheer on a guy who did what he did. The stuff he did went beyond just being cruel....and its hard not to get somewhat saddened/angry whennever I see the guy on the tube.

Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 7:52 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:

I don't remember Ben being found guilty of anything..

It helps when you perhaps only have to pay off settle the potential civil claims of one Milledgeville, Georgia college student to blow up a criminal prosecution rather than persuade your entire posse that is being squeezed by the U.S. Justice Department not to cut a deal
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 7:52 pm

Steelers Sign Michael Vick, QB Bruce Gradkowski Placed On IR -

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/08/signs-point-to-steelers-qb-bruce-gradkowski-landing-on-injured-reserve/
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 8:03 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/08/signs-point-to-steelers-qb-bruce-gradkowski-landing-on-injured-reserve/

Whatever it takes

Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 8:16 pm

I'm with you Buddha, between this and the NFL taking money for military veteran halftime shows I'd say fuck the NFL

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 8:21 pm

im not sure how to feel about this. i do know that i hope to never have to see him play.

@Fire Arians you've always been cool with me but how can you compare what he did to eating a steak or chicken....that makes no sense

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

Last edited by vasteeler on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 8:21 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Whatever it takes

Yep, I like the signing. With grad on IR, Landry Jones taking over for a 3-4 game stretch without Ben = season over. You can guarantee that's an automatic loss even if we're playing the Browns. Vick will be able to win a couple games if ben can't go. Ben has been durable over the course of his career, but there's been some seasons where the backup QB had to win us a few games.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 8:22 pm

with Ron Mexico and Cam Thomas now both on the team, Steelers players might want to consider showering at home after practices and games...
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 8:23 pm

vasteeler wrote:
fire airiens you've always been cool with me but how can you compare what he did to eating a steak or chicken....that makes no sense

Some people claim to be animal lovers & hate michael vick for what he did. On the flipside they have no problem with factory farming animals which is probably equally as cruel imo.

In any case the man did his time and kept his nose clean ever since doing his time. I'm not saying what he did was ok, but I also believe in 2nd chances, unless you're ray lewis UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick   UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Steelers sign Michael Vick
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next