Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDeangelo Williams - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Deangelo Williams

Go down 
+12
SteelerEmpire
DesertSteel
SteelerFreak58
SteelersYak
The_Joker
Fire Arians
Hawaii 5-0
tony hipchest
Atlanta Dan
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Steelcitian
ImperialFan
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

Deangelo Williams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 4:10 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
Williams is apparently having foot issues as well....

bleacherreport.com/articles/2573749-ben-roethlisberger-injury-updates-on-steelers-stars-ankle-and-return

Tomlin reported that Williams will not practice Wednesday but Ed B. of the P-G does not think it is serious

DeAngelo Williams reportedly has swelling in his foot. Is he in danger of missing the Browns Game?

Ed Bouchette: I do not think so. I saw him walk into the facility today and there was no limp, he seemed to be in good spirits. He said after the game he felt good.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/11/10/Ed-Bouchette-s-Steelers-chat-transcript-11-10-15/stories/201511100168

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 2:02 am

ImperialFan wrote:
We don't need no stinking quarterback

Too late. You should have said that when Vick was in. Deangelo Williams - Page 2 1378315869
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 2:03 am

I just read this about Williams and it doesn;t sound good. He has a foot issue and won't practice today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/10/deangelo-williams-has-foot-issue-steelers-have-little-depth-behind-him/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs
Back to top Go down
lotas

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 6:42 am

Looks like our question of "Can Williams shoulder the load week in and week out without breaking down?" has already been answered. Hopefully it's just some muscle soreness that will work itself out by Sunday.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 7:43 am

solardave wrote:
I just read this about Williams and it doesn;t sound good. He has a foot issue and won't practice today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/10/deangelo-williams-has-foot-issue-steelers-have-little-depth-behind-him/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

I guess my link wasn't good enough... Deangelo Williams - Page 2 3201610882

PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 9:20 am

DeAngelo Williams is the best FA pickup of the Tomlin era.  Best Steelers FA pickup since Ryan Clark ('06) and James Farrior ('02).
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 1:03 am

SteelersYak wrote:
solardave wrote:

I guess my link wasn't good enough... Deangelo Williams - Page 2 3201610882

Sorry I overlooked your link Yak. I don't know how I missed it. Deangelo Williams - Page 2 183388472
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 12:16 pm

With little fanfare, Steelers rise near the top in NFL rushing

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger did not practice Wednesday, but the slightest possibility exists that he will play Sunday against the Cleveland Browns. The quarterback situation is equally unstable two hours northwest, where starter Josh McCown practiced on a limited basis Wednesday due to a rib injury.

While much of the pregame chatter surrounds the possibility of Johnny Manziel coming to Heinz Field and Landry Jones making his second NFL start, the most important players come Sunday afternoon might be the ones who line up behind the quarterbacks.

Not many have noticed because injuries have been the story of the first half of the season for the Steelers, but their running game has developed into one of the best in the NFL....

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/11/12/With-little-fanfare-Steelers-rise-to-the-top-in-NFL-rushing/stories/201511120059

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 4:50 pm

DeAngelo Williams a full practice participant

Posted by Zac Jackson on November 12, 2015

Deangelo Williams - Page 2 Cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptu1ngjhythmy2m4otm3mmyyyzfhnwqynjyxymy2mjri-e1441974726712

After missing Wednesday’s practice due to a foot issue, Steelers running back DeAngelo Williams was a full participant Thursday.

That seems to have been in the plans. Neither Williams nor Steelers coach Mike Tomlin expressed much concern about the issue earlier in the week, but the Steelers need Williams because they have no proven backs behind him. Jordan Todman has two carries this season, and Isaiah Pead was just added last week.

The Browns have the league’s lowest-ranked run defense, so a healthy Williams could have a big day Sunday.

As expected, both the Browns and Steelers listed their No. 1 quarterbacks — Josh McCown and Ben Roethlisberger — as limited participants Thursday. Roethlisberger practiced Thursday after sitting out Wednesday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/12/deangelo-williams-a-full-practice-participant/
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 12:44 pm

Bye Week Rethink: DeAngelo Williams and Lightening Load

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/11/bye-week-rethink-deangelo-williams-and-lightening-load/
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 1:11 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Bye Week Rethink: DeAngelo Williams and Lightening Load

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/11/bye-week-rethink-deangelo-williams-and-lightening-load/

We should really see what Todman has, he has the tools to be that 3rd down type of back like mewelde moore, but with breakaway speed. I watched this kid play for the Jags and thought he had real potential.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 1:15 pm

Tomlin: There will be no attempt to work in Todman or Pead at RB to get them some work for something that might happen later. Must win now

— Ed Bouchette (@EdBouchette) November 24, 2015
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 4:16 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Tomlin: There will be no attempt to work in Todman or Pead at RB to get them some work for something that might happen later. Must win now

Tomlin hopefully may be less than totally candid there, assuming he does not think a repeat of having no backup that knew the plays once Blount bailed last year obviously works

Running the wheels off a 32 year old back who split carries in Carolina might not end well

Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 4:22 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Tomlin hopefully may be less than totally candid there, assuming he does not think a repeat of having no backup that knew the plays once Blount bailed last year obviously works

Running the wheels off a 32 year old back who split carries in Carolina might not end well

It might not end well, but I agree with Tomlin on this one. He is running very well and I think we should keep giving him the ball. Todman should see some looks as he does seem to have potential and has great breakaway speed Deangelo Williams - Page 2 1378315869

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 4:26 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Well that's just the thing, right? He's split carries for the majority of his career. Off hand I can't remember the last time the Panthers ran his wheels off, so to speak, which is why there is so much tread left on the tires right now.

I'm not worried about Williams being overworked. He hasn't had this type of workload with the Panthers in a long while.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 4:36 pm

SteelersCanada wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Well that's just the thing, right? He's split carries for the majority of his career. Off hand I can't remember the last time the Panthers ran his wheels off, so to speak, which is why there is so much tread left on the tires right now.

I'm not worried about Williams being overworked. He hasn't had this type of workload with the Panthers in a long while.

Maybe so but the swollen foot after 27 carries in the Raiders game showed the potential consequences of a heavy workload

But there are not a lot of good options here - hard to expect having a good backup to the backup running back
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 12:42 pm

Young Running Back Pups Ready To Give Steelers ‘Uncle Snoop Dogg’ A Break

Looking forward to Todman getting some carries, I think he can be a solid player for the Steelers.

BY DAVE BRYAN NOVEMBER 27, 2015

The Pittsburgh Steelers late bye week this year probably couldn’t have come at a better time for the team as the rest and relaxation had to help several players who have been nursing the bumps and bruises associated with playing football. One of those players who likely benefitted from the week off is veteran running back DeAngelo Williams, who has again been carrying the running game load for the team ever since starter Le’Veon Bell was lost for the season to a knee injury several weeks ago.

While Williams really doesn’t seem to be showing any signs of slowing down
at 32 years of age, the Steelers might be wise to start easing his load just a tad more during the team’s final six regular-season games. Easing that load, however, would include giving a few carries to backups Jordan Todman and Isaiah Pead and Williams believes both young running backs will be up for the challenge if that winds up being in the cards.

“They are ready,” said Williams, according to Teresa Varley of steelers.com. “They have been preparing for the last few weeks. The bye gave us even more time to catch up on things. I definitely think they are ready.”

While Pead has yet to even dress for a game since he was signed by the Steelers after Bell went down injured, Todman has been active for every game this season and while he’s only been used sparingly on offense in the team’s first 10 games, he feels he’s more than capable of being able to handle an increase in snaps in the offensive backfield moving forward.

“I am coming along well,” Todman said recently. “It’s time. I feel very comfortable going in and giving him [DeAngelo] spells. When he needs that time, hopefully my number is called and I will be ready to showcase it.”

While it’s yet to be seen whether or not Pead will get his first helmet with the Steelers on Sunday when they play the Seattle Seahawks, he, too, feels like he’s ready when and if his number is called.

“I am feeling confident as far as if you were to quiz me on the playbook,” said Pead. “Now it’s about getting out there, getting the reps on it, being thrown in live action. I am very comfortable and confident in the playbook.

“The more reps you get, the more plays you get without being coached, it helps. You get things corrected afterwards, but I am ready to go.”

In Weeks 9 and 10 of the 2015 season, Adrian Peterson and LeGarrette Blount were the only two running backs in the league to log more carries than Williams, who has rushed for 534 yards and 5 touchdowns on his 107 carries so far this season.

According to Pead, the running backs all call Williams ‘Uncle Snoop Dogg’ and while that D-O-double-G certainly doesn’t need to learn any more tricks, he might be asked to carry the offensive bone a little less per game starting Sunday in Seattle against the Seahawks. If that winds up being the case, hopefully the Steelers young pups can make the Steelers lead dogg proud while keeping him fresh in the process.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/11...-dogg-a-break/
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 1:39 pm

How about todman returns punts, he did it in college.

PostSubject: Re: Deangelo Williams   Deangelo Williams - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Deangelo Williams
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2