Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRaiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops

Go down 
+23
Stella Nation
Lokki
ImperialFan
solardave
Steeler-in-west
SteelersCanada
PhantomJB93
El-Gonzo Jackson
steelcityboyz
Steeler Zach
pczach
rellimie
SoCalFan
Hawaii 5-0
Atlanta Dan
Steel Peon
WVABE
SteelerFreak58
FrancoLambert
tony hipchest
The_Joker
Fire Arians
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 5:44 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
Everyones thinking it I'm just saying it. Its time to shut up about Antwan Blake.

Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 3562723908

Was it necessary to misspell his name, or were you going with a Jasom Worlids kind of theme too?  In that case.  Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 1549491426 Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 3562723908

Nah, I just didn't know how to spell his first name. I sounded it out and I really didn't think there was an O in there. None the less, He clearly is a good tackler, and he clearly sucks at pass coverage, everyone knows it. Time to get rid of him or bench him in favor of Boykin or something. I'm sick of every week it being painfully obvious that he can't cover a piece of bread in peanut butter.

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 6:44 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
Everyones thinking it I'm just saying it. Its time to shut up about Antwan Blake.

Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 3562723908

Was it necessary to misspell his name, or were you going with a Jasom Worlids kind of theme too?  In that case.  Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 1549491426 Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 3562723908

Nah, I just didn't know how to spell his first name. I sounded it out and I really didn't think there was an O in there. None the less, He clearly is a good tackler, and he clearly sucks at pass coverage, everyone knows it. Time to get rid of him or bench him in favor of Boykin or something. I'm sick of every week it being painfully obvious that he can't cover a piece of bread in peanut butter.

Tackling you would think is his strong suit, but according to Steelers Depot, he leads the team with 21 missed tackles for the season, including 4 more on the weekend. Video breakdown is here. http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/11/steelers-week-9-missed-tackles-breakdown/

BTW, my question included a soft ball for somebody to smack out of the park with a movie reference. Just curious to see who picks it up. Tegree, Sissy, Lokki, Bueller?
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 6:50 pm

Not a Big movie buff... I watch them but dont remember them.

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 7:02 pm

Yeah I don't think of Blake as a good tackler, he's a good hitter. I think Golden has been tackling great, but guys like Blake and Mitchell are pure hitters. It was pretty laughable when Mitchell knocked the ball out and popped up gloating without even realizing the ball was out. C'mon, man!

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 7:08 pm

lotas wrote:
Yeah I don't think of Blake as a good tackler, he's a good hitter. I think Golden has been tackling great, but guys like Blake and Mitchell are pure hitters. It was pretty laughable when Mitchell knocked the ball out and popped up gloating without even realizing the ball was out. C'mon, man!

I thought that was nix, on the punt return.

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 6:44 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
pczach wrote:

I'm not defending Blake's play. I'm just trying to explain the reasoning the coaching staff is probably using to have them in there. I agree with almost everything you're saying.

I hear you.  It just doesn't make sense that one of the worst CB's in the NFL should keep getting the start every week, when the team traded with Philly for CB depth.

The clowns like Labriola that want to nominate Blake for player of the week because of 9 tackles, but don't even watch the game to see that he got abused in pass coverage is just embarrassing.  Blake allowed 9 receptions and would have allowed more if the Raiders didn't drop some passes.  

Even sadder is that a large part of the fan base follows the bloggers and forms their opinions on based upon a couple tweets or blogs, rather than actually watching the games.  Chad Scott, Dewayne Washington, Keenan Lewis, Bryant McFadden, Tim McKyer were fucking pro bowlers in comparison to Antowan Blake.

It's a very bad sign for any CB in the league if he makes so many tackles. That means the offense is throwing the ball a lot on him thinking that he's the weak link of the defense. If the opponent does that game after game then you know that you have a shitty CB.
Back to top Go down
lotas

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 8:29 am

ImperialFan wrote:
lotas wrote:

No, after Ben threw that pick the Raiders had the ball in great field position, they handed it off to Murray and Mitchell laid a huge hit on him, knocked him out of the game concussed, and J. Jones fell on the ball and recovered.

After Mitchell makes the hit, he immediately turns to the crowd and folds his arms to celebrate, little does he know he knocked the ball out and there's a scrum for it Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 1505004552

That recovery was probably the best thing Jarvis Jones did all game Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 798776511

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 10:36 am

One of the more atrocious displays of a football product by the NFL. I couldn't watch the game live because I was at the Knicks vs Lakers game in New York. Just finished watching it and man, the referring in the NFL is destroying every single fiber of enjoyment in this game, to the point where I can not celebrate on any play, whether it being a regular play or a TD play or a turnover. Its constant looking of a god damn yellow flag that dominates every single play.

If it weren't for the Steelers, I seriously wouldn't watch the NFL anymore. No joke. It is a pathetic product.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 10:45 am

best tackler i seen since joe montana
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 11:03 am

lotas wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
lotas wrote:

No, after Ben threw that pick the Raiders had the ball in great field position, they handed it off to Murray and Mitchell laid a huge hit on him, knocked him out of the game concussed, and J. Jones fell on the ball and recovered.

After Mitchell makes the hit, he immediately turns to the crowd and folds his arms to celebrate, little does he know he knocked the ball out and there's a scrum for it Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 1505004552

That recovery was probably the best thing Jarvis Jones did all game  Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 798776511

Both Mitchell and Nix turned their backs to the ball on the ground to celebrate Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 2913999526

Video link to Mitchell hit - announcer says Mitchell does not know ball was loose

http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/HIGHLIGHT-Mike-Mitchell-forces-Raiders-fumble/1ef62110-cf44-4b30-9830-b62f8bf7cbee

Video link to Nix hit

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015110806/2015/REG9/raiders@steelers#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000575273&tab=videos
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 11:44 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Both Mitchell and Nix turned their backs to the ball on the ground to celebrate Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 2913999526

Video link to Mitchell hit - announcer says Mitchell does not know ball was loose

http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/HIGHLIGHT-Mike-Mitchell-forces-Raiders-fumble/1ef62110-cf44-4b30-9830-b62f8bf7cbee

Video link to Nix hit

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015110806/2015/REG9/raiders@steelers#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000575273&tab=videos

I stand corrected on two counts for a post I made earlier in this thread. I criticized Mitchell and Shamarko for celebrating after causing fumbles. I gave Shamarko way too much credit for causing a fumble when it was actually Nix.  Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 294855916 And after watching the replay, Nix really wasn't celebrating ... he acted a little confused. At least it didn't seem to be as bad as I remembered, and it certainly wasn't as bad as what Mitchell did.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 11:56 am

How many turnovers did we have last season? lol

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 12:04 pm

ImperialFan wrote:

good question, but I am sure not as much as this season.

I'll admit, I like Mitchell bringing the contact and causing turnovers, even delivering shots that intimidate opposing WR's in the middle. I still think he is often late in diagnosing plays and supporting in pass coverage. Plus, I would rather he celebrate his own hits less and play football more, but we are fortunate the Steelers have some good football players that play to the whistle and recovered those fumbles.

I still hope the Steelers draft a Safety in the first or second round this season.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 12:10 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

10 fumbles recovered, 11 interceptions and 33 sacks for the entire 2014 season

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2014.htm

7 fumbles recovered, 8 interceptions and 22 sacks after 9 games this season

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2015.htm
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 1:01 pm

watching the games this year, one thing is for certain-

Tackling the ball, putting a helmet on the ball, and punching the ball was definitely a point of emphasis during the off season and camps/practices.

There is definitely much more focused effort in creating turnovers than we have seen in the past few years.

. .
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 1:05 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

I'm surprised we had that many last season sure doesnt seem like it.

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 1:19 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

Yeah I'm surprised by the stat too. But I remember last being the season of squandered opportunities. It was like a 1/3 chance that creating a turnover actually benefited last season. Its a trend that still permeated this season a bit. Were 5-4 at week 9 vs 6-3 last year at week 9 (coming off that monster 3 game home stretch) and YET, even with our franchise QB, RB, and Center out, I feel more confident with this years team. This years team has been exhausting to watch at this point, which means theyre are playing more mentally and exhaustive team football. They're starting to get to that point where they win or lose as a team. Maybe its that next man up that did it, but this season seems to have the right mix of everything, you know? At this rate, of the Steelers win enough to get to the playoffs, they will be truly battle-hardened. They will be a serious force.
Back to top Go down
lotas

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 3:07 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

Yeah I'm surprised by the stat too. But I remember last being the season of squandered opportunities. It was like a 1/3 chance that creating a turnover actually benefited last season. Its a trend that still permeated this season a bit. Were 5-4 at week 9 vs 6-3 last year at week 9 (coming off that monster 3 game home stretch) and YET, even with our franchise QB, RB, and Center out, I feel more confident with this years team. This years team has been exhausting to watch at this point, which means theyre are playing more mentally and exhaustive team football. They're starting to get to that point where they win or lose as a team. Maybe its that next man up that did it, but this season seems to have the right mix of everything, you know? At this rate, of the Steelers win enough to get to the playoffs, they will be truly battle-hardened. They will be a serious force.
I agree 100%. They are playing with more of a fire this year, and that's what it takes to win championships.

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 4:37 pm

Goat - this idiot on the Raiders

Raiders player under investigation for taunting police dog

An Oakland Raiders football player is under investigation by the Allegheny County Sheriff's Office after it says he taunted a police dog before Sunday’s Steelers-Raiders game at Heinz Field.

The player lifted his shirt, beat his chest and barked at the dog before telling a female K-9 deputy to release the dog, Chief Deputy Kevin Kraus said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/region/2015/11/10/Oakland-Raiders-player-under-investigation-for-taunting-Sheriff-s-Office-police-dog-before-Pittsburgh-Steelers-game/stories/201511100179

The K-9 deputy should have released the dog on his a** and said her hand "slipped" off the leash.

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 4:47 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Goat - this idiot on the Raiders

Raiders player under investigation for taunting police dog

An Oakland Raiders football player is under investigation by the Allegheny County Sheriff's Office after it says he taunted a police dog before Sunday’s Steelers-Raiders game at Heinz Field.

The player lifted his shirt, beat his chest and barked at the dog before telling a female K-9 deputy to release the dog, Chief Deputy Kevin Kraus said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/region/2015/11/10/Oakland-Raiders-player-under-investigation-for-taunting-Sheriff-s-Office-police-dog-before-Pittsburgh-Steelers-game/stories/201511100179

The K-9 deputy should have released the dog on his a** and said her hand "slipped" off the leash.

just a guess it's gotta be aldon smith

Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 BlMojd9IQAAO2eN
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 5:31 pm

Taunting a police dog? A felony? Is this some kind of Starbucks joke or something?
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 5:53 pm

OX1947 wrote:
Taunting a police dog? A felony? Is this some kind of Starbucks joke or something?

They are law enforcement officers under Pennsylvania law

5511.2.  Police animals.
(a)  Illegal to taunt police animals.--It shall be unlawful for any person to willfully or maliciously taunt, torment, tease, beat, kick or strike a police animal. Any person who violates any of the provisions of this subsection commits a felony of the third degree.

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2015/11/raiders_ray-ray_armstrong_under_investig.html

Unlike human officers the dogs have to put up with this unless their handlers turn them loose

A cretin who stabbed a police dog to death several years ago was prosecuted under this statute

http://www.wtae.com/news/local/allegheny/no-new-charges-after-roccos-death-suspect-still-awaiting-arraignment/24220648

The Raider is Ray-Ray Armstrong
Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 Ray-Ray-Armstrong-and-Banditt
Ray-Ray and Officer Banditt
http://www.wtae.com/news/oakland-raiders-player-under-investigation-for-incident-with-police-dog-at-heinz-field/36365310
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 6:09 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

They are law enforcement officers under Pennsylvania law

5511.2.  Police animals.
(a)  Illegal to taunt police animals.--It shall be unlawful for any person to willfully or maliciously taunt, torment, tease, beat, kick or strike a police animal. Any person who violates any of the provisions of this subsection commits a felony of the third degree.

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2015/11/raiders_ray-ray_armstrong_under_investig.html

Unlike human officers the dogs have to put up with this unless their handlers turn them loose

A cretin who stabbed a police dog to death several years ago was prosecuted under this statute

http://www.wtae.com/news/local/allegheny/no-new-charges-after-roccos-death-suspect-still-awaiting-arraignment/24220648

The Raider is Ray-Ray Armstrong
Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 Ray-Ray-Armstrong-and-Banditt
Ray-Ray and Officer Banditt
http://www.wtae.com/news/oakland-raiders-player-under-investigation-for-incident-with-police-dog-at-heinz-field/36365310

So if i flip a police dog the bird and tell it to suck my d*ck I can get a felony? whats this world coming to?

PostSubject: Re: Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops   Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Raiders @ Steelers - Game Balls and Lambchops
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3