Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBoswell calm, cool & collected Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Boswell calm, cool & collected

Go down 
+9
FanSince72
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Vis
Atlanta Dan
Steelcitian
OX1947
solardave
LambertWardSteel
Hawaii 5-0
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Boswell calm, cool & collected Empty
PostSubject: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 3:27 am

Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Seriously, there has to be ice running through Chris Boswell’s veins. What else would explain the cool, calm demeanor the first-year kicker possesses?

Boswell, who by the way is the fourth kicker the Steelers have had this season, kicked in his first postseason game on Saturday night against the Bengals and responded going four-for-four on field goals, including a game-winning 35-yard kick.

Asked if that was the biggest kick of his career, he just matter-of-factly answered the way you would expect.

“For sure,” said Boswell. “I am happy to do my job for the team and happy to be guaranteed one more game.”

Boswell, who said the rainy weather in Cincinnati wasn’t a factor for him, approached the Wild Card playoff game the same way he approaches every game.

“I try to do the same thing every time,” said Boswell. “No matter if its preseason, season, or playoffs, kicking is kicking and it comes down to what you do every time.

“The footballs don’t change, field goals don’t change. It’s just sticking to what you do every time.”

It wasn’t just his field goals that played a factor. Boswell had four touchbacks which limited the damage the Bengals return game could do.

“I was just hitting the ball well, really smooth,” said Boswell. “I wasn’t trying too hard. That is what I had a lot of trouble with in all of these different environments, trying to kick it hard so you mishit the ball. It’s a lot of learning for me and just a lot of settling down and doing what I do.”

Boswell, who made 29 of 32 field goals during the regular season, has been embraced by Steelers fans but said he still has a lot to prove and doesn’t feel close to being an established NFL kicker yet.

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Boswell-calm-cool--collected-/3d9577fb-6a20-4466-89d0-3d84c3a1245c
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 3:34 am

Boswell has been fantastic. We were really lucky to get him off the street like that and get a kicker that misses 4 kicks all year long. Then goes 4 for 4 in field goals, in the rain, incuding the game winner, in his his 1st playoff game

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 3:57 am

The guy is pretty good and I'm starting to feel comfortable with him. I'm sure that means the world to him. Boswell calm, cool & collected 2981382511
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:41 am

I felt it on the first FG he hit. He kicked it a mile, in the rain. If he has this the entire playoffs, could be the difference.
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 10:56 am

What happens next year? I would still keep him.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 11:03 am

Steelcitian wrote:

The playoff game was his final exam - he passed

And with regard to the winning FG being a chip shot any competent kicker would make, ask Blair Walsh how that works out

Hard to see Suisham getting his job back
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 11:07 am

Steelcitian wrote:

He'll get his chance in camp to keep job

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:05 pm

Boswell is the man.

"I like.. Kick the ball dude."
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:09 pm

Boswell has been mad-clutch all year.

It rarely, if ever, crosses my mind that he'll miss from anywhere and I feel even more confident with him than with Suisham.

PostSubject: Re: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:12 pm

FanSince72 wrote:

It rarely, if ever, crosses my mind that he'll miss from anywhere and I feel even more confident with him than with Suisham.
The thing he has that Suisham never had going for him is I feel he can get the touchback on kickoffs. He's also shown that he can get from beyond 50 yards too. I really think he's here to stay. He's 10 years younger than Suisham. One reason why I think the Ravens have a little bit of an edge over us in recent years is that Justin Tucker is a hell of a kicker and in close games like what we have with them, that can make a difference as we saw in Steelers-Ravens Rd-1.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:23 pm

Like a Bos! Boswell calm, cool & collected 1797695198
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:40 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
FanSince72 wrote:

The thing he has that Suisham never had going for him is I feel he can get the touchback on kickoffs. He's also shown that he can get from beyond 50 yards too. I really think he's here to stay. He's 10 years younger than Suisham. One reason why I think the Ravens have a little bit of an edge over us in recent years is that Justin Tucker is a hell of a kicker and in close games like what we have with them, that can make a difference as we saw in Steelers-Ravens Rd-1.

Spot on with the touchbacks!

Suisham doesn't have Boswell's leg and although I like Suisham, it always seemed as if I had my fingers crossed with him.

Not so with Boswell.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:43 pm

FanSince72 wrote:
FanSince72 wrote:

Suisham doesn't have Boswell's leg and although I like Suisham, it always seemed as if I had my fingers crossed with him.

Not so with Boswell.

Boswell has outplayed Suisham and he's much younger. I'd say we found our kicker for the next 10 years, keep the Bos. And like you mentioned Suisham is an accurate kicker but his kickoffs have always sucked. Glad to see our guy can now get us some TB's with some sort of regularity.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:47 pm

FanSince72 wrote:
FanSince72 wrote:

Not so with Boswell.
I think a lot of people always had that with Suisham. I liked him too but the man I think got Wally Pipped. But yeah the touchbacks are so nice. I mean I liked Shaun too but with our defense not being dominant, the field position game means something.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 7:28 pm

#Steelers Chris Boswell is the 1st rookie/1st-yr player w/ 4 field goals in NFL playoff game history

— Dom Rinelli (@drinelli) January 10, 2016
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 7:31 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
#Steelers Chris Boswell is the 1st rookie/1st-yr player w/ 4 field goals in NFL playoff game history

— Dom Rinelli (@drinelli) January 10, 2016
That's quite impressive considering it was rainy. Good for him. As I said, I really think the Ravens struck gold when they got Tucker and I feel we've done the same with Boswell. A good kicker is a nice thing to have. I think we've got a nice find with Berry too.
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 10:22 pm

I wonder if we can trade Suisham for a 6/7 rounder

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 2:39 pm

Shaun Suisham has "zero interest" in giving his job to Chris Boswell

By: Daniel Sager | February 11, 2016

Among rehabbing his injured ACL and acquiring his United States Citizenship, Steelers K Shaun Suisham’s focus heading into the 2016 season is singular; get his kicking gig back.

Suisham, who was among the league’s most reliable kickers from 2011 to 2014, missed the entire 2015 season after suffering a torn ACL in the Hall of Fame game against the Minnesota Vikings last preseason. After having to endure Josh Scobee’s inadequacy for four weeks of the regular season, it seemed as if the Steelers couldn’t get Suisham back soon enough. However, the train of thought quickly faded after first-year K Chris Boswell signed with the Steelers and went on to have one of the best kicking seasons in team history.

Naturally, this complicates things a little bit. Then again, if Suisham is to be believed, maybe it’s not that complicated after all.

The veteran kicker told Chris Adamski of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that he has “zero interest in giving his job away” to Boswell or anyone else. It’s safe to assume that Boswell feels the same.

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin has already alluded to this issue, diffusing the situation briefly by claiming that having two kickers of Suisham’s and Boswell’s caliber a “good problem to have,” but by the time training camp rolls around, two very talented players will be fighting for one coveted roster spot.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/02/11/shaun-suisham-has-zero-interest-in-giving-his-job-to-chris-boswell/
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 3:53 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Among rehabbing his injured ACL and acquiring his United States Citizenship, Steelers K Shaun Suisham’s focus heading into the 2016 season is singular; get his kicking gig back.

Suisham, who was among the league’s most reliable kickers from 2011 to 2014, missed the entire 2015 season after suffering a torn ACL in the Hall of Fame game against the Minnesota Vikings last preseason. After having to endure Josh Scobee’s inadequacy for four weeks of the regular season, it seemed as if the Steelers couldn’t get Suisham back soon enough. However, the train of thought quickly faded after first-year K Chris Boswell signed with the Steelers and went on to have one of the best kicking seasons in team history.

Naturally, this complicates things a little bit. Then again, if Suisham is to be believed, maybe it’s not that complicated after all.

The veteran kicker told Chris Adamski of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that he has “zero interest in giving his job away” to Boswell or anyone else. It’s safe to assume that Boswell feels the same.

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin has already alluded to this issue, diffusing the situation briefly by claiming that having two kickers of Suisham’s and Boswell’s caliber a “good problem to have,” but by the time training camp rolls around, two very talented players will be fighting for one coveted roster spot.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/02/11/shaun-suisham-has-zero-interest-in-giving-his-job-to-chris-boswell/

I think this one's a no-brainer. Boswell should be kept due to his youth, ability, and cheaper price tag and Sushi should be thanked for his service and sent on his way. Sushi was a good kicker for us, but when you find someone who can come in and give you equal or better production for less money, who is younger, then you make a smart business decision. It's not like Suisham has been a Steeler his whole career anyway.

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 4:47 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

I think this one's a no-brainer. Boswell should be kept due to his youth, ability, and cheaper price tag and Sushi should be thanked for his service and sent on his way. Sushi was a good kicker for us, but when you find someone who can come in and give you equal or better production for less money, who is younger, then you make a smart business decision. It's not like Suisham has been a Steeler his whole career anyway.
I think they're hoping that a team will need a kicker at some point this summer and get a draft pick for him. You have to say Boswell is the favorite for the reasons you've stated. Sushi's a good guy but kicker is one of those positions where you can get Wally Pipped easily.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 7:57 pm

Chris Boswell shows off Touch that he lacked last season

Boswell recorded six touchbacks, and the only kickoff on which he did not record a touchback was the one that followed Antonio Brown’s second touchdown receptions, following which he received an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for…twerking—I think.

And on that one, which was booted from the Steelers’ 20-yard line thanks to the 15-yard penalty, was fielded at the three-yard line after traveling 77 yards. In other words, had it been taken from the 35-yard line, where kickoffs are taken, it would have gone out of the back of the end zone.

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/09/chris-boswell-shows-off-touch-lacked-first-season/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boswell calm, cool & collected   Boswell calm, cool & collected Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1