Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSuisham or Boswell? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Suisham or Boswell?

Go down 
+10
kan_t
Fire Arians
solardave
kirklandrules
SteelerSpartan
stlrtruck
SteelCity4Life
FrancoLambert
IowaSteeler927
steelers5895
14 posters
AuthorMessage
steelers5895
Banned

Suisham or Boswell? Empty
PostSubject: Suisham or Boswell?   Suisham or Boswell? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 7:56 am

I figure a kicker topic is well over due. Suisham is still under contract and Boswell was as dependable a kicker we have had in a long time.

So, do we cut Suisham and keep Boswell and cut suisham or let them compete in camp?

me, I think they compete in camp just to ensure Boswell wasn't a fluke.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Suisham or Boswell?   Suisham or Boswell? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 7:57 am

I think they're going to let them compete, and one of them will be looking for a new team. Honestly I think it's Boswell's job to lose at this point though.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Suisham or Boswell?   Suisham or Boswell? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 10:03 am

Let them compete, hopefully Suisham recovers enough to show he's still got something left, then trade him for a late round pick or two.....job goes to Boswell on merit, age, and salary.
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Suisham or Boswell?   Suisham or Boswell? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 4:06 pm

I say let them compete. But here is what I want.

If Boswell indeed is still a little better than Suisham, I hope suisham goes to a good team. He's a good guy and a reliable kicker and will make a solid kicker for a team that needs one.

It's unfortunate but Suisham got hurt and amidst our search we struck gold. Boswell is young and looks extremely promising. His down the middle kicks from 50 yards are just astonishing

Wishing the best for Suisham.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Suisham or Boswell? 1505004552

Last edited by SteelCity4Life on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Suisham or Boswell?   Suisham or Boswell? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 4:15 pm

Boswell proved himself and considering Suisham is suspect at best for the longer kicks, I'd prefer to go with youth.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Suisham or Boswell? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Suisham or Boswell?   Suisham or Boswell? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 4:21 pm

Lord...can we skip the preseason this year.....

Guys I don't want playing a snap in the preseason are...just joking but their mins should be miniscule.

Pouncey
Leveon
Brown
Shazier

And sign a scrub kicker for kickoffs....lol

Seriously I still can't believe that garbage
with Suish in the hall of fame game.

Last edited by SteelerSpartan on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Suisham or Boswell?   Suisham or Boswell? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 4:51 pm

I heard an interview with Boswell on SNR the other day (I think it was Missi Matthews interviewing). Boz credited Suisham for giving him plenty of advice during games. He said it really helped him understand certain things about his situation he would otherwise not have considered during the moment. Sounds like they had a really good relationship and speaks highly of Suish for putting the Steelers above himself.

But to the point of the thread: Boz has a stronger leg and consistently got the ball through the endzone. So I'll take younger, stronger and cheaper.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Suisham or Boswell?   Suisham or Boswell? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 1:15 am

I'll be surprised if they don't compete in camp but I think Boswell keeps his job unless he lays an egg going in.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Suisham or Boswell?   Suisham or Boswell? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 1:44 am

the bos
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Suisham or Boswell?   Suisham or Boswell? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 2:49 am

Boswell is younger and cheaper. He's the obvious choice. I just hope that the Steelers could trade Suisham for a late round pick instead of just letting him go.
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Suisham or Boswell?   Suisham or Boswell? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 8:12 am

Keep Bosswell and try to trade Suisham

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Suisham or Boswell?   Suisham or Boswell? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 7:46 pm

I would hate to see him go but as Wally has made me aware.... He can't be trusted from long range.

I wish we could keep both.

Maybe $ui$ham can punt? Suisham or Boswell? 1797695198 Suisham or Boswell? 1797695198

PhantomJB93

PostSubject: Re: Suisham or Boswell?   Suisham or Boswell? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 9:30 pm

Boswell is way younger, has much longer range, and isn't coming off a huge injury. Suisham is more accurate, but Boswell is accurate enough to justify keeping for the increased range and health/youth.

But you keep both through camp and trade Suisham to a kicker-needy team the week before the season starts. There's no reason to get rid of him and risk Boswell completely imploding or getting hurt in camp/preseason like Suisham did last year.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Suisham or Boswell?   Suisham or Boswell? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:47 am

PhantomJB93 wrote:
Boswell is way younger, has much longer range, and isn't coming off a huge injury.  Suisham is more accurate, but Boswell is accurate enough to justify keeping for the increased range and health/youth.

But you keep both through camp and trade Suisham to a kicker-needy team the week before the season starts.  There's no reason to get rid of him and risk Boswell completely imploding or getting hurt in camp/preseason like Suisham did last year.

What if you could get a 6th rounder in this year's draft for Suisham? Would that be worth trading prior to the season?
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Suisham or Boswell?   Suisham or Boswell? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 11:10 am

kirklandrules wrote:
PhantomJB93 wrote:
Boswell is way younger, has much longer range, and isn't coming off a huge injury.  Suisham is more accurate, but Boswell is accurate enough to justify keeping for the increased range and health/youth.

But you keep both through camp and trade Suisham to a kicker-needy team the week before the season starts.  There's no reason to get rid of him and risk Boswell completely imploding or getting hurt in camp/preseason like Suisham did last year.

What if you could get a 6th rounder in this year's draft for Suisham? Would that be worth trading prior to the season?

Worth the pick but not the risk. Tough decision

Actually id just take it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suisham or Boswell?   Suisham or Boswell? Empty

Back to top Go down

Suisham or Boswell?
Page 1 of 1