Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBoswell is done.  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Boswell is done.

Go down 
+9
Wallace108
IowaSteeler927
LambertWardSteel
Drizztbob
Great Randino
SteelerFreak58
effyou515
solardave
jak341
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 10:32 am

On IR. Probably for the best.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001004750/article/injuries-steelers-place-kicker-chris-boswell-on-ir
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 11:22 am

Can't say I'm surprised. I'd say the injury is probably emotional. Boswell is done.  1797695198
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 11:44 am

seems like he hit that mental wall he might be trying to hard, putting to much pressure on himself since he signed the big contract.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 12:17 pm

What the fuck? You do it now in week 17? Lol fucking Steelers.... sigh...
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 2:12 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
What the fuck? You do it now in week 17? Lol fucking Steelers.... sigh...

And the Standard bites us again.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 5:17 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he make all his kicks last game?

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 5:19 pm

When did he get hurt? Going to the bank to cash his check??

LambertWardSteel

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 11:52 pm

Ray Fittipaldo at Pitts Post Gazette was saying after the Oakland game he thought a mystery injury would land him on IR. The timing of this is puzzling though.

IowaSteeler927

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptySat Dec 29, 2018 2:06 am

Drizztbob wrote:
When did he get hurt?  Going to the bank to cash his check??

That was exactly my thoughts. How and when did he get injured?

I swear this team is like watching a soap opera this season.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptySat Dec 29, 2018 4:12 am

He did make every kick last week. Don't they have to state the injury? I said I'm not surprised but after thinking about it I have to say this is kinda' bazaar.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptySat Dec 29, 2018 6:03 am

solardave wrote:
He did make every kick last week. Don't they have to state the injury? I said I'm not surprised but after thinking about it I have to say this is kinda' bazaar.

Bizarre to say the very least. I feel bad for Boz honestly. I've always like the kid, something just isn't right with him this season. I don't know if getting that big payday gave him some kind of mental hex or what. The whole injury thing is strange when he made all of his kicks against the Saints and seemingly played through the entirety of that game without any noticeable issues.

solardave

solardave

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptySat Dec 29, 2018 7:16 am

The strange thing is the explanation from Tomlin is: "he was feeling discomfort during practice". I didn't know discomfort could land you on IR.
Just another bump in a rocky season. Boswell is done.  2605341373
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 1:22 pm

LJ Fort indiscreetly throws Boz under the bus.

In case it gets deleted, it says "All 4 teams have elite kickers" with the OK hand emoji.

https://twitter.com/i_Serve24/status/1087183117629222912?s=19
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 2:09 pm

jak341 wrote:
LJ Fort indiscreetly throws Boz under the bus.

In case it gets deleted, it says "All 4 teams have elite kickers" with the OK hand emoji.

https://twitter.com/i_Serve24/status/1087183117629222912?s=19

This supports the argument I've been making ... the Steelers have serious problems that aren't going to get solved simply by trading AB. This team is a dumpster fire. We've all accused them of underachieving but, hell, with all the issues on the team, maybe they've been OVERachieving.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Great Randino

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 2:54 pm

Stupid athletes should delete their twitter accounts so the world can't see how dumb you are.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 3:04 pm

What in the wide world of sports is going on here? L.J.Fort is nothing more than a contributor. Now he's contributing to the chaos. Boswell is done.  2913999526
This team organization is in trouble. I've always said you can't think your way out of a thinking problem.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 3:49 pm

If the Steelers really want to return to winning ways, they would dump every player who does crap that diminishes the team and creates chaos. That means bye to:
AB
Big Ben
Fort
Burnett
who am I missing?
Back to top Go down
muncher

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 5:00 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
If the Steelers really want to return to winning ways, they would dump every player who does crap that diminishes the team and creates chaos.  That means bye to:
AB
Big Ben
Fort
Burnett
who am I missing?

tomlin is number 1 to go.
you think the steelers are the only team that has these kind of players?
they all do, some(ok, all) coaches just dont allow it
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 6:08 pm

muncher wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
If the Steelers really want to return to winning ways, they would dump every player who does crap that diminishes the team and creates chaos.  That means bye to:
AB
Big Ben
Fort
Burnett
who am I missing?

tomlin is number 1 to go.
you think the steelers are the only team that has these kind of players?
they all do, some(ok, all) coaches just dont allow it

I absolutely believe other teams have these kinds of players. How many of the final 4 teams had players like this and tolerated it?

That's the problem.

And my list was referring to players not coaches. the organization as a whole decides to tolerate players like this. AB got a big contract after similar actions in the past. Tomlin did not offer him the contract, the Steelers front office did. I'm not saying Tomlin doesn't have a role, because he certainly does. But it starts with the organization as a whole saying we're not going to tolerate this.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 7:40 pm

lol...maybe Fort will read the comments which 99.9% rips him a new asshole and he will learn something.  while it is true Boz didn't contribute to a winning effort , he is hardly the main source of the problem. Fort needs to go back and watch film on his defense teammates and special teams totaling shitting the bed.
hell if i was the HC , i'd be looking to replace at least 4 ILB's, i'd maybe keep vince williams as a backup and send the rest packing.
i'm sure at the very least they can find 4 ILBs that are as good or better from the scrap heap and draft.
why do i think that ? because that's where all their current group came from. the waiver wire or late draft choices.
when you go fishing you don't leave satisfied with a couple 10 inch bass , because you know there is bigger ones out there so you keep throwing your line out .
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 3:20 am

If I was Tomlin here is how I'd handle this nonsense. I would have Fort,Burnett and Ben report to the film room and I would break down plays.
I'd start with INTs and have Ben try to explain why each one individually was not his fault.
Then I move on to missed tackles and blown assignments. Let those 2 explain how that wasn't their fault. Then I'd tell them every damn time you throw a team mate under the bus we'll be going over this shit that's YOUR FAULT. Think about that. DISMISSED. Oh and Mr. Burnett. Good luck finding a starting job.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 9:23 am

I liked LJ Fort as a young player who was making progress, but after all he's nothing more than a back-up who contributed little to the team. Boswell had at least 3 great seasons with us. Fort should've known better. Team should have a serious conversation with him and possibly cut him to draw a line.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 3:00 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
I liked LJ Fort as a young player who was making progress, but after all he's nothing more than a back-up who contributed little to the team. Boswell had at least 3 great seasons with us. Fort should've known better. Team should have a serious conversation with him and possibly cut him to draw a line.

You're right. Fort makes what Tomlin calls "splash plays". Those kind of plays are great but IMO consistency is key unless you're bad like we were this year. And we weren't consistent there either because we had a couple games where we played good. Boswell is done.  1797695198 I don't think Fort realizes or cares that he is expendable. Put him the same bag as Burnett and ship him out for all I care.
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 4:20 pm

I thought fort was just impressed with the kickers.

IowaSteeler927

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 7:43 pm

Man, lot of hate on LJ here. Don't be hating on my guy (University of Northern Iowa). Great depth player for our defense. I didn't really read his tweet as a slight on Boswell. Simply pointing out that all the teams left at the time have good kickers.

Sponsored content

Boswell is done.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boswell is done.    Boswell is done.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Boswell is done.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next