Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring

Go down 
+2
solardave
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring Empty
PostSubject: DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring   DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 9:01 am

Former Pro Bowl running back DeAngelo Williams' status as a free agent hasn't stopped him from picking up work on the side.

Williams, 34, an 11-year NFL veteran, is reportedly set to bring his talents to the squared circle with Impact Wrestling, formerly known as TNA.

Impact Wrestling posted a video Monday on social media showing Williams' arrival at their Nashville office. Williams, who finished seventh in the 2005 Heisman Trophy voting at the University of Memphis, sought out a (storyline) meeting with Impact co-founder Jeff Jarrett.

Williams is expected to enter the ring at Impact's Slammiversary XV pay-per-view on July 2 in Orlando, Florida. Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reported that Williams will compete alongside Moose in a tag team match against Chris Adonis and Eli Drake.

http://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/nfl-free-agent-deangelo-williams-set-to-enter-professional-wrestling-ring/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring   DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 7:04 am

I wish him well in whatever he does. DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring 1647293567
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring   DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 11:36 am

Interesting!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring   DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 11:23 am

Williams makes his Impact Wrestling debut Sunday. Here's the latest hype video ...

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring   DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 1:42 pm

I've watched wrestling for a lot of years, and I don't recall a celebrity or guest athlete ever looking so comfortable in the ring. Usually, they get in the ring for publicity and do a few basic (and painfully awkward) moves. But Williams did some more advanced moves, and while he wasn't flawless, he did much much better than anyone expected. Kudos to Williams for training seriously and not just phoning in his appearance as most guest performers do.
--------------------

DeAngelo Williams wins pro wrestling debut despite mishap

Former Pittsburgh Steelers running back DeAngelo Williams made his professional wrestling debut over the week and with his tag team partner, Moose won his first match. They defeated the tandem of Eli Drake and Chris Adonis at Slammiversary XV and by all accounts, Williams did a great job minus one mistake.

Most who watched the event praised Williams and it certainly sounds like he has a shot at a career in professional wrestling if he decides to continue with it.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/03/deangelo-williams-wins-pro-wrestling-debut-despite-mishap/

Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring   DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring EmptyTue Jul 04, 2017 4:45 pm

Good luck to him. But I think W.W.E. or T.N.A. is fake. Sorry fans!

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring   DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring EmptyTue Jul 04, 2017 7:02 pm

JPPT1974 wrote:

DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ75QSOmtrvOt0Be8oDgEgEo3APnx_5UuldEHRzBkqjUcsOjxWu

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring   DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 2:32 am

JPPT1974 wrote:

DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring 9b3

I hope you were being sarcastic! Obviously it's fake, I don't think anyone watching professional wrestling outside of little kids thinks that it's real. DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring 1797695198

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring   DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 8:06 am

JPPT1974 wrote:

Wrestling may be fake, but the injuries are just as real.  Ask Sid about his broken ankle, or HHH about his torn tendon in his leg which needed surgery to repair.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring 3056903510

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring   DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 8:11 pm

Former Pittsburgh Steelers RB DeAngelo Williams won't wrestle again

Though Impact asked him to fight again, Williams said he won't.
Williams went on to tell Schefter that he is "definitely" playing football this season, that there are 28 teams who could use his services and named the Steelers as one of them.

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/07/deangelo_williams_no_wrestling.html

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring   DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 8:17 pm

"Oh I'm definitely playing football. I guess you could say I'm waiting on the phone call. I guess you could say that. Not guess -- you could say that. I'm waiting on a phone call," Williams said. "Whether it's a GM or a head coach, whoever decides they need my services. I'll be ready. You can rest assured of that. I work out every day. I keep in shape because I know once that phone call comes -- not if, but when it comes -- I'll be ready to step up and deliver because that's what they're asking of me when they place that phone call."

The running back made it clear that his preference is to play for the Pittsburgh Steelers
, where he's had a nice career rejuvenation as a backup to Bell, and someone who has been highly effective in short spurts as a starter.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/deangelo-williams-has-a-list-of-four-nfl-teams-he-will-not-play-for-in-2017/

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring   DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 9:59 am

I would love to see him back in the Black and Gold. He worked well in our system.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring   DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring EmptyFri Jul 07, 2017 1:18 am

As much as I loved DeAngelo I don't see them bringing him back. I think James Conner is a promising young back and adding younger, talented depth to a pretty young roster was the right move. DeAngelo is getting old for a RB in the NFL, and has a history of injuries. I love the guy, but letting him go was the best move IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring   DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring EmptyFri Jul 07, 2017 8:24 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
As much as I loved DeAngelo I don't see them bringing him back. I think James Conner is a promising young back and adding younger, talented depth to a pretty young roster was the right move. DeAngelo is getting old for a RB in the NFL, and has a history of injuries. I love the guy, but letting him go was the best move IMHO.

Yes, I agree that letting him go (at this juncture) was a good move. However, having someone of his caliber on the roster as well as a young back like Conner can also help in the growth of the younger back. It also doesn't raise too many concerns should Bell go down with another injury this year.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring   DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring EmptyFri Jul 07, 2017 9:34 am

He didn't do half bad - outside of almost breaking himself DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring 1797695198

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring   DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring Empty

Back to top Go down

DeAngelo Williams set to enter professional wrestling ring
Page 1 of 1